Cleric: Soloing PV (Phoenix Valley)

2»

Comments

• SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Very nice, I was quite interested to see just where you stopped on the first pull. I may need a bit more -chan to shoot off a razor feathers in that tight spot. Awesome vid and once again gratz on 104
  • Kurisutina - Sanctuary
    Kurisutina - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Your video amazed me. It's nice to see that a cleric can do all that, I understand that you have like top end gear and that I wouldn't be able to do it as well or as fast as you. When I get my purify weapon I sure will give this a try! This Gives me something to work towards aside from just gear in the game, Skills and leveling up ect. I had no idea that you could purify expel off (I'm noobish sometimes), I should have thought of that! Pure genius haha. I've learned a lot from your video and I appreciate the time you took to record it and share it with us. Congratulations on 104!!! :D
    Changes are inevitable, Conform or be Left behind. ^_^
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Your video amazed me. It's nice to see that a cleric can do all that, I understand that you have like top end gear and that I wouldn't be able to do it as well or as fast as you. When I get my purify weapon I sure will give this a try! This Gives me something to work towards aside from just gear in the game, Skills and leveling up ect. I had no idea that you could purify expel off (I'm noobish sometimes), I should have thought of that! Pure genius haha. I've learned a lot from your video and I appreciate the time you took to record it and share it with us. Congratulations on 104!!! :D
    Kuri speaks off my mind, I can't add anything more. Thank you very much for your motivating tutorial and video!
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Updated a few points in the guide to fix some minor details.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • LadySerenwyn - Sanctuary
    LadySerenwyn - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've been attempting some of the methods you use, but I just cannot get the hang of purifying expel. With -33 Chan and sage purify, it casts so fast that I can only rarely use expel in in time. I m guessing this is going to need a lot more practice..or removal of some chan gear. b:surrender
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    I've been attempting some of the methods you use, but I just cannot get the hang of purifying expel. With -33 Chan and sage purify, it casts so fast that I can only rarely use expel in in time. I m guessing this is going to need a lot more practice..or removal of some chan gear. b:surrender

In the video here, I have -35% channeling. Channeling speed doesn't particularly matter so much, only your timing for pressing Purify and Expel.

It takes practice, but perhaps these tips will help you.

-place Purify onto on of these keys you press on the keyboard.
    -Hover mouse over Expel
    -Press Purify hotkey on the keyboard, and about 0.3 seconds later, press Expel
    >The timing is... like a fast heartbeat. dub-dub. dub-dub. dub-dub.

Now, in this particular video I didn't mess up once, but sometimes when I go to purify and expel, there are too many mobs, and the purify channeling gets interrupted. When this happens, I just pull a few extra mobs, wait for my weapon to give me anti-stun, then hit ironguard and aoe the mobs. Then for the second pull of the instance, I do the purify-expel again. (I use one apoth per run; I like to use that apoth for the larger, second pull, but its not 100% necessary).
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In the video here, I have -35% channeling. Channeling speed doesn't particularly matter so much, only your timing for pressing Purify and Expel.

It takes practice, but perhaps these tips will help you.

-place Purify onto on of these keys you press on the keyboard.
    -Hover mouse over Expel
    -Press Purify hotkey on the keyboard, and about 0.3 seconds later, press Expel
    >The timing is... like a fast heartbeat. dub-dub. dub-dub. dub-dub.

Now, in this particular video I didn't mess up once, but sometimes when I go to purify and expel, there are too many mobs, and the purify channeling gets interrupted. When this happens, I just pull a few extra mobs, wait for my weapon to give me anti-stun, then hit ironguard and aoe the mobs. Then for the second pull of the instance, I do the purify-expel again. (I use one apoth per run; I like to use that apoth for the larger, second pull, but its not 100% necessary).

the timing is different depending on the player's ping. try different timings and eventually one will work.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Kurisutina - Sanctuary
    Kurisutina - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've tried the Expel/purify combo and had no problem what so ever. I have like -19 channeling (With the -1% from pan gu creator which isn't noticeable XD) Also have Sage Purify. I place expel on the hotkeys right above purify and click it immediately afterward and have no problems with it. But it could be a ping issue with the timing it perfectly.
    Changes are inevitable, Conform or be Left behind. ^_^
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Unfortunately there are a ping/lag issues. In open world/pvp i can purify expel flawlessly but in pv/tw its less than 50% successful. (Playing on LC from the uk)
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • LadySerenwyn - Sanctuary
    LadySerenwyn - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Unfortunately there are a ping/lag issues. In open world/pvp i can purify expel flawlessly but in pv/tw its less than 50% successful. (Playing on LC from the uk)

I'm playing on Sanctuary from the UK.

I've been practising a bit and I still can't get it right. I succeeded a few times by pressing them pretty much the exact same time, but mostly nothing. b:surrender

Not that it matters for the moment anyway. I don't have the gear to even cope with a small nix pull. b:chuckle
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm playing on Sanctuary from the UK.

I've been practising a bit and I still can't get it right. I succeeded a few times by pressing them pretty much the exact same time, but mostly nothing. b:surrender

Not that it matters for the moment anyway. I don't have the gear to even cope with a small nix pull. b:chuckle

Hit Expel. See how long it takes for the skill to appear (when the icon starts cd, you get stunned, and you get the gold glow). All you have to do is be channeling your purify when expel becomes active.

My genie is right above my hotkeys, so I click on one and immediately click the other (with my mouse pointer) and the time it takes to move the mouse between them is about perfect for me.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    I don't think the actual value of the ping matters so much (unless super high), so much as the time between pressing the skills. Whether its expel or purify, the data you submit when you click or press them gets sent to the server at the same speed. So as Saku said, its just a matter of practicing to get the purify channeling as expel gets placed onto you.

When I mess up, its 99% of the time because I didn't click expel fast enough. I do the purify right before the expel to successfully purify the seal. For you though, maybe you need to actually press expel before purify? Worth giving a try. If, however, your problem is purify not going off in the first place because expel seal is in place, you need to start your purify bit sooner.

Also yeah timing does get a bit trickier in instances with a lot of mobs. When my client is feeling especially laggy I:

1) restart it, or whole computer
    2) turn all graphic effects off period

(I kept graphics on for the video, but often i turn them off).

Hope that helps somewhat.

On completely different topic, lol. My old video is already obsolete. I figured out that I didn't need to run quite so close to the mobs to aggro them, which streamlines where I run. I also realized the first razor feathers I did was not truly necessary in order to keep aggro of all the mobs until I did my purify/expel, then aoed. This also saves some time. I did 5 full runs, and still had 1 minute on the token to get into the 6th run (thus, 6 full runs), a new record for me.

Good luck in your endeavours ;D

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    My final update.

Here is a video taken demonstrating how I've been doing PV lately. I believe there is almost no room left for improvement in my technique. There's a (not so surprising) surprise at the end of the video as well.

Enjoy!

clicky
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Gratz! b:victory

Edit: On a side note, I doubt clerics will ever have to worry about getting labelled as the OP class of PWI but watching your videos definitely helps to restore one's optimism with what the class is potentially capable of.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow you did 104-105 in like a month (assuming the video was posted around the day of the runs).

I wish I could level so fast.

I just have a stupid question, the sort of squares on the genie (and some time on the inventory) what is it? I never saw that before.

Gz on 105, it's nice to see someone that did 1-105 without goonz. (specially a cleric.)

=)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Wow you did 104-105 in like a month (assuming the video was posted around the day of the runs).

I wish I could level so fast.

I just have a stupid question, the sort of squares on the genie (and some time on the inventory) what is it? I never saw that before.

Gz on 105, it's nice to see someone that did 1-105 without goonz. (specially a cleric.)

=)

Thanks, lol. Yes, I really did do 104-105 in under a month. I started PV a few days before hitting lvl 103, around the beginning of December. At my peak efficiency, I was gaining 60mil xp a day.

The squares are from my custom resolution of my game window. Those squares are usually what gives a highlighted box around your Jones and O Malley's blessing. On my screen though, they don't stay where they are supposed to, they are about an inch above. Notice how the two squares are directly above where my Jones and O Malley's blessings are.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A bit gratz, don't think you could have timed that any better if you tried. Just wish I had the dedication to still be doing this daily - I'll get to 105 one day..
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    A bit gratz, don't think you could have timed that any better if you tried. Just wish I had the dedication to still be doing this daily - I'll get to 105 one day..

Hehehe, I DID time it, but even I was surprised by how well the timing worked out. Mix of experience and hella good luck, lol.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL: