your gear/wep plan

LaYsDiL - Harshlands
LaYsDiL - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Barbarian
Hey barbs im just wondering what you guys are now aiming for with the new instance nw are you all searching for a Lund now? What about r9? And warsoul? What would u guys rather have and cubenecks?..so what are you guys after first...and now nirvana is cheap to get are some of u barbs going to go claws now? This is intresting topic i think thatcan set some barbs on the right path for ones not sure
Post edited by LaYsDiL - Harshlands on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you have been playing the market since the start of NW, you could have farmed out r9 ring+weapon and full G16 Nirv set with time, with an average of about 100 tokens per NW.

I'm currently working on cube necklace now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    prob going full r9rr and might as well get the new r9 ring
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Can somone tell me where to get r9 2nd cast ring?..i have the stuffs for it but i dont see itvin 10k streams?
  • Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Getting the rest of my R9 and maybe Nirvy helm/Cape.
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
    edited December 2012
    Can somone tell me where to get r9 2nd cast ring?..i have the stuffs for it but i dont see itvin 10k streams?

there's no r9r for ring, the update for the r9 ring is the one at the NW forges, a ring which can be refined as well.
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    Wendigo - Momaganon Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sadface from me. i got my warsoul recasted axe, full nirvana3. now i dont know what to do, i need new challange b4 i ragequit coz of boreeeeeeee
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sadface from me. i got my warsoul recasted axe, full nirvana3. now i dont know what to do, i need new challange b4 i ragequit coz of boreeeeeeee

shush mate...at least u got something unique ...i so envy you...
    as for challenge ...idk your gear but there's allways room for improvement (aka nwed cube pq ring...maybe the r9 ring...its cheap at 1 stage and refinable at 2d)

or more...convince ppl to build weapon storage 8 to have another rare piece on u (i would love to get that...its not the coins or the contri is just that damned building everyone is avoiding)

so ...there's allways a challenge...you just have to choose one and go for it (like u did on those axes)

P.S. Btw how does that bleed work out for u? good proc rates? (as in chance to stack proc rates)...i know its not 2x but still anything slitghtly close to it?b:embarrass

i just had to say this: LaYsDiL since u didnt get 2d cast ring in 10k did u buyed your "sage invoke the spirit"?(as stated in wc) :))
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    edited December 2012
    slamstone wrote: »
    shush mate...at least u got something unique ...i so envy you...
    as for challenge ...idk your gear but there's allways room for improvement (aka nwed cube pq ring...maybe the r9 ring...its cheap at 1 stage and refinable at 2d)

or more...convince ppl to build weapon storage 8 to have another rare piece on u (i would love to get that...its not the coins or the contri is just that damned building everyone is avoiding)

so ...there's allways a challenge...you just have to choose one and go for it (like u did on those axes)

P.S. Btw how does that bleed work out for u? good proc rates? (as in chance to stack proc rates)...i know its not 2x but still anything slitghtly close to it?b:embarrass

i just had to say this: LaYsDiL since u didnt get 2d cast ring in 10k did u buyed your "sage invoke the spirit"?(as stated in wc) :))

my current build is:
    http://pwcalc.com/ec7755b9662ef84c

there is some differance beetwen this and my real build coz in pwcalc there is not my axe, so i changed physical attack on it and gived more 3% crit to ring, rest is same

well nwed cube neck and ring is insane, i dont think i gotta go for it (i cant buy million cube neck, im cassual player). about rank9. overall i have 26k repu so, and if i count in my server 10k coin per badge, so around 100+mill coin to get the 300k rep + 3 MoG (19-20mill yet) + 32 GST (4-5mill yet), thats overall ~300mill for a ring. thats no thx category for me b:laugh

bleed is: sometimes awsome, sometime ****. tested on rank9rr BM ticked 90 on him, tested on rank9 archer, ticked 400 on her, tested on rank8 cleric, ticked 1k on him. in warsong (mostly i solo wood or water) its ticks 1k-1.2k on mobs.

about weapon... i know zerk is op, but i dont see any difference on beetwen crit with warsoul vs crit zerk with vana2.
    normal warsoul hit > crit/zerk with vana2
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Nice warsoul wep i dont recall anyone on HL having one..just wait i bet you they will have ws gear for that wep of ours...with new nw there are some other possabilities, i know r9 is the better way to go with bening able to r9r3 now but if u just got gear that would be op and everyone will ve evny of u :p
    edited December 2012
    On HT, I have yet to hear anyone go after Warsoul weapons, mainly because.....most see r9 s3....better.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    edited December 2012
    compare warsoul r with rank9.3 on +10 or +12. warsoul r win
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think if you compare the damage per second from R9RR wep vs Warsoul recast wep it will be higher, not to mention the fact that R9RR has the true g16 refine same as WS

My math which assumes no diminishing returns on Attack levels, and using a pretty rough DPS calculation of, i excluded Poison fang as i have no idea how to add it into my calculations x.x sorry.

((Max Phys attack + Min Phys attack)/2)*APS*Crit*Zerk*(1+attack levels) = DPS

If its wrong correct me, however this is what i got using this build for Brothers of Fear: http://www.pwcalc.com/1bb7e3b0de72d2b4

((31020 + 47908)/2)*1.33*1.17*2.31 = 141856.94 DPS excluding poison fang + Rip debuff

And this is what i used for R9RR: http://www.pwcalc.com/af7afb600dcb0fdb

((29732 + 50967)/2)*1.54*1.17*1.2*2.31 = 201529.19 DPS

Assuming i didnt make a fatal flaw in my calculations, R9RR has around 1/3 more DPS than WS recast if you include Rip it will bring the DPS of WS recast up a shade, however it will never compare to the sheer spike damage or general output of GoF that comes with the R9RR wep
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
    edited December 2012
    compare warsoul r with rank9.3 on +10 or +12. warsoul r win

What about the zerk factor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited December 2012
    What about the zerk factor?

nothing more to be said.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    http://pwcalc.com/b06c1425f1af9cb4

This is what I have going on so far. I already have my 3rd cast molds for all my peices, including my wep. I have my essense of def and off already, just need the rest of my badges to R93. I'm looking forward to finally 3rd casting.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
    edited January 2013
    http://pwcalc.com/b06c1425f1af9cb4

This is what I have going on so far. I already have my 3rd cast molds for all my peices, including my wep. I have my essense of def and off already, just need the rest of my badges to R93. I'm looking forward to finally 3rd casting.

Forgot about my Battle Tactics tome too.

http://pwcalc.com/de1801e0504e13d2
    edited January 2013
    Is it just me or did anyone else notice the 5th bonus missing on 3rd cast. I know the wep gives you the extra att+, but stilll, it's a missing bonus.
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Off topic, but its sad to see everyone in this thread is the only people we see in the whole barb section as active users, compared to how many barbs there are between all of the servers. b:shutup
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    edited January 2013
    Lol...i know right realsteel...but i like it...on harshlands we have alot of pvp barbs...stupid me went sage like 2-3 years agao when i didnt know wtf i was doin..lol..what do you guys like to shard vit/hp/garnet/sap/dot//dod//dod2 im bot sure once i get r9rrr with what r9rrr already has for stats what would you barbs say that would be a shard to suit your game play?
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Lol...i know right realsteel...but i like it...on harshlands we have alot of pvp barbs...stupid me went sage like 2-3 years agao when i didnt know wtf i was doin..lol..what do you guys like to shard vit/hp/garnet/sap/dot//dod//dod2 im bot sure once i get r9rrr with what r9rrr already has for stats what would you barbs say that would be a shard to suit your game play?
    If your poor like I am, then VIT but if your rich then full JSoD! Having monster HP over 45k is nice for armageddon and what not, but doesn't matter when sins come at you from stealth with 131 attack levels!
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If your poor like I am, then VIT but if your rich then full JSoD! Having monster HP over 45k is nice for armageddon and what not, but doesn't matter when sins come at you from stealth with 131 attack levels!

o.o...you won't tell me that you as a barb fear sins? rofl. I'm aps barb and got 27,5k HP in Tiger atm with ~50 def levels and I laugh at even full +12 r9 rere cast sins o.o Sins have become obsolete especially for Barbs. Use Solid shield when they attack and simply arma them away. done. Or more likely^^ if you are a +cough+ good demon barb just use roar, most sins are way too dumb to even notice that there is now bramble on the barb.

TBH Full josd fails on barbs. The whole josd advantage melts away when you get purged. Full vit or APS are the only considerable builts for Barbs for PvP. Tried josd and it failed. End-game wise you need all HP you can get for your arma to blow everything away best if one-shot.

Full josd just owns when you are fully buffed all the time. When facing good groups of ppl I can assure you you are not for long which makes full josd useless as a barb when facing serious enemys. Sure while facing nubs it makes you nearly unkillable...but well...ok in PWI you could probably be good with full josd xDDDD

I suggest a mixture of 8 josd and 16 vit stones^^ that'll do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013

Of you intent to PvPagainst PRos go full vit with all you can. If you wanna bash noobs then just full josd up your gear. It is really that simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2013

TBH Full josd fails on barbs. The whole josd advantage melts away when you get purged. Full vit or APS are the only considerable builts for Barbs for PvP. Tried josd and it failed. End-game wise you need all HP you can get for your arma to blow everything away best if one-shot.

Full josd just owns when you are fully buffed all the time. When facing good groups of ppl I can assure you you are not for long which makes full josd useless as a barb when facing serious enemys. Sure while facing nubs it makes you nearly unkillable...but well...ok in PWI you could probably be good with full josd xDDDD

I suggest a mixture of 8 josd and 16 vit stones^^ that'll do.

Ehh, it`s actually the opposite, you cant purge defense levels while you can purge hp buffs, making each +10 vit stone worth less hp. Also the closer attack levels minus defense levels being 0, the stronger defense levels are. Having full JoSD tends to put your defense levels pretty near attack levels of your most dangerous opponents.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013
    Ehh, it`s actually the opposite, you cant purge defense levels while you can purge hp buffs, making each +10 vit stone worth less hp. Also the closer attack levels minus defense levels being 0, the stronger defense levels are. Having full JoSD tends to put your defense levels pretty near attack levels of your most dangerous opponents.

While that seems to be common sense unfortunatly it's totally wrong. Fighting against good players means that they debuff you or at least try to do so and some classes like BMs, Barbs, Wizards, Venos and so on are able to reduce your defences near 0 or something aroung 13 or 20. If that happens then your def levels mean nothing. Def level only work very nicely if your base def is high up. if your base def is low then you still get hit like you would cross the path of a diesel train.

Any class that can't debuff can't kill an end-game barb anyways. P are the only thing that counts and is the only reliable strategy to kill any other class in pk through Armageddon. if you don't go max vit you might end up being unable to kill some classes. All tested and aproofed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    While that seems to be common sense unfortunatly it's totally wrong. Fighting against good players means that they debuff you or at least try to do so and some classes like BMs, Barbs, Wizards, Venos and so on are able to reduce your defences near 0 or something aroung 13 or 20. If that happens then your def levels mean nothing. Def level only work very nicely if your base def is high up. if your base def is low then you still get hit like you would cross the path of a diesel train.

Any class that can't debuff can't kill an end-game barb anyways. P are the only thing that counts and is the only reliable strategy to kill any other class in pk through Armageddon. if you don't go max vit you might end up being unable to kill some classes. All tested and aproofed.

Not trying to offend or anything but you clearly have absolutely no idea how defense levels work. Unless, of course, you expect to die the moment you get debuffed. Fact is, even debuffed, barbs are hell to kill and JoSD offers lot more than Vit stones to defenses. Ultimately def levels negate enemys attack levels, which while debuffed sounds like a brilliant idea.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013
    Not trying to offend or anything but you clearly have absolutely no idea how defense levels work. Unless, of course, you expect to die the moment you get debuffed. Fact is, even debuffed, barbs are hell to kill and JoSD offers lot more than Vit stones to defenses. Ultimately def levels negate enemys attack levels, which while debuffed sounds like a brilliant idea.

If you have somehow the opportunity to play on a PServer then grab a friend of yours and roll yourself a full josd barb and a full vit barb and let your friend roll a wiz. Simply fight against the wizard with self buffs only and let yourself get debuffed from the wizard. No matter if you are full josd or full vit, the dmg will be nearly the same cept for the fact that the vit sharded barb got a way higher P buffer to survive a little longer which is crucial in especially 1on1 PvP.

I guess you never had some PvP on equal terms without cleric buffs and stuff. Do you ever watched how fast those 160 def level seekers die when they get purged...how fast anything dies when it gets purged? Why's that? Because of what I have explained earlier. Even the PW wiki is wrong because they simply ignore the debuffs in their calculations, while it's true that Def level reach their full potential if you're all max buffed and got a high base defense.

If you are fighting against ppl in let's say 1on1 that don't debuff then I don't consider them even a threat and yes they would be unable to kill a maxed out end-game barb (with some skill ofc) no matter if you're full josd or vit.

Seriously I tested this whole scenario like about a thousand times, I guess you can simply trust me here or better try it out and see for yourself. You can also always ask the nice pro gamers in your neighborhood if you want =P

PS: I always make my post with the thought that we are actually facing skilled players in PvP. Like I said so many times before it's abolutely irrelevant what kind of shards you use if you're just facing noobs that can't even perform proper combos and stuff. I'm no one of those who slaughter newbies just for the lol, I want a challenge and so I always count the "against-Pro"-Part in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2013
    Anyone have Hegemony weapon yet, the r9 stage 3 weapon, and if so, how many times did you reroll, if did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Of you intent to PvPagainst PRos go full vit with all you can. If you wanna bash noobs then just full josd up your gear. It is really that simple.

What u think about half DoT / half vit stones b:quiet
    I also wanna get some advise for nw 71+ genie skills b:thanks
    Anyone have Hegemony weapon yet, the r9 stage 3 weapon, and if so, how many times did you reroll, if did.

I did 14 rerolls b:sad
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Forget what i put here i mis read DoT as DoD

Id consider ToP, solid shield, true emptiness, holy path, AD, occult ice, chi siphon

What were the best stats you got? Cause im looking forward to getting my hegemoney. Only 3 summerwind tokens to go -_-

I just want to ask this as well.
    Anyone consider a pure str build? At first i considered aps but after looking at this calc i think i might go for pure str instead.
    http://pwcalc.com/cf7f16911ca3f011 i only spent about 5 mins on that so im sure there are some mistakes. But id imagine demon sparked sunder from that would hit more than arma with help from our morai buff ofc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Joe - Momaganon
    edited January 2013

No way...you don't need extra Attack Level xDD your most efficient Skill is Armageddon and yes it is highly effected by attack level but even more by HP.

Like I said before, I just aim for 1on1 Pro PvP, I couldn't care less for stupid mass PvP. Just because getting ganked by 10 ppl dosn't show any skill neither from my side nor from the attackers side. Just a plain and fair 1on1 match to make my day (:

Well actually the genie is the most important thing for a Barb. I personally aim always for 120 Str and 60 vit on the genie with ofc over 81+ LP. That's absolutely crucial.

Most important skills would be:

Solid Shield
    Tangling Mire
    Occult Ice
    True Emptiness (Save my *** way too many times xDD)
    Tree of Protection
    Holy Path

Cept True Emptiness are all must have. If you got the Space for other skills then I would suggest depending on your personal preferations. I would suggest:

- if fighting Wizards use Soul of Fire making you immune to fire DMG (A must have for my personally)
    - if Cleric sleep pisses you off (especially in NW) use Adrenaline Surge, making you immune to sleep^^
    - For Farming Purposses if APS ofc I woudl suggest using Frenzy too but do not even think about using this in PvP xD
    - You can use Cloud Eruption if you got chi problems...though I never encountered those kinda trouble, well depends on your playing style
    - Mantle Ripple of Rage is a highly underrated skill which gives you tremendous amounts of chi if used right (check ecatomb for info but this skill works similiar to Bestial Rage) only disadvantage is that you need stupid affinity points for it^^

BTW: I'm going on Hagemony soon too^^ hope I don't fail so bad stat-wise. I want minimum 23 attack level and 5% crit and something over 150 max phy attack^^ else reroll^^ =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]