Rerolling r9 3rd

Adroit - Lost City
Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Wizard
Just curious what most people are shooting for stats wise on armor. I just got all my armor, but couldn't reroll it much.. my top is the only piece I'm even considering keeping (170hp/11mag), which is within the top 25% of stat rolls.. which means I'd probably need to reroll ~4 times to get something better.. with best possible outcome being an extra 30hp and 1magic (lol ya right). Every roll takes me roughly 45min to an hour to farm if I take into account squad forming and afk's and all that stuff.. so gotta figure on ~4 hours for some possibly better stats (in all likelihood another 10 hp or something). Best case scenario I'd see less than a .3% boost in my end game stats (figuring 1 mag = 1 vit = 10 hp), but more than likely it'd be closer to a .1% boost in my end game stats. After writing this post I think I've almost convinced myself to just keep it.. I have a lot of farming to do as is (3 other armor pieces to reroll and my wep.. which I've already rerolled 12 times lul).. but I'm still curious if anyone else has any input. Keep/reroll? XD
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
[SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Adroit - Lost City on

Comments

• Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just curious what most people are shooting for stats wise on armor. I just got all my armor, but couldn't reroll it much.. my top is the only piece I'm even considering keeping (170hp/11mag), which is within the top 25% of stat rolls.. which means I'd probably need to reroll ~4 times to get something better.. with best possible outcome being an extra 30hp and 1magic (lol ya right). Every roll takes me roughly 45min to an hour to farm if I take into account squad forming and afk's and all that stuff.. so gotta figure on ~4 hours for some possibly better stats (in all likelihood another 10 hp or something). Best case scenario I'd see less than a .3% boost in my end game stats (figuring 1 mag = 1 vit = 10 hp), but more than likely it'd be closer to a .1% boost in my end game stats. After writing this post I think I've almost convinced myself to just keep it.. I have a lot of farming to do as is (3 other armor pieces to reroll and my wep.. which I've already rerolled 12 times lul).. but I'm still curious if anyone else has any input. Keep/reroll? XD

troll til 200/12
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Scrubby - Heavens Tear
    Scrubby - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    are you transferring any refines/shards?

For me personally I'm transferring refines so I'm settling for just above average stats, because for me money wise it's not worth going for mint stats, but if i were to purge refines then I'd probably reroll to something close to perfect.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    are you transferring any refines/shards?

For me personally I'm transferring refines so I'm settling for just above average stats, because for me money wise it's not worth going for mint stats, but if i were to purge refines then I'd probably reroll to something close to perfect.

I'm starting fresh, so just costs me like 4m + an hour per reroll. I don't know if I have the patience to farm that much for so little return, if I wanted say top 10%.. need probably 300 badges just for rerolling the armor, which would take me a while. I also have to take into account that this is my winter break, and I'll have a lot less time to pk when next semester starts.. and I'd MUCH rather be out pking people than rolling over mobs until my eyes bleed. The more I think about it the less time I want to spend in lunar lol.
  • Scrubby - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    I'm starting fresh, so just costs me like 4m + an hour per reroll. I don't know if I have the patience to farm that much for so little return, if I wanted say top 10%.. need probably 300 badges just for rerolling the armor, which would take me a while. I also have to take into account that this is my winter break, and I'll have a lot less time to pk when next semester starts.. and I'd MUCH rather be out pking people than rolling over mobs until my eyes bleed. The more I think about it the less time I want to spend in lunar lol.

For me I'd say just stick to the average stats. It'll save alot of time and might not look pretty but the practicality is there.

The projected loss for min stats is like 80x4 hp, 12 vit and 18 magic

If you look at that in the big picture to me:
    1. How much value is 440 base hp to your time/money? To me I'm willing to take that hit of probably around 220 base hp to save time for fun which is what games are suppose to be.
    2. 18 magic lost in approx 700 magic is minimal to me as well since your projected loss at mid stats is only 9 magic lost.

Min stats or max stats you can still compete on the same level of play imo with the 440 lost hp, 18 magic and whichever puny amount of base def you lose with lost vit.

Personally I'm able to farm badges like candy due to alts but I don't fancy paying umpteen chicken stones for every reroll. The amount of variable stats now makes me not care so much about max stats.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    For me I'd say just stick to the average stats. It'll save alot of time and might not look pretty but the practicality is there.

The projected loss for min stats is like 80x4 hp, 12 vit and 18 magic

If you look at that in the big picture to me:
    1. How much value is 440 base hp to your time/money? To me I'm willing to take that hit of probably around 220 base hp to save time for fun which is what games are suppose to be.
    2. 18 magic lost in approx 700 magic is minimal to me as well since your projected loss at mid stats is only 9 magic lost.

Min stats or max stats you can still compete on the same level of play imo with the 440 lost hp, 18 magic and whichever puny amount of base def you lose with lost vit.

Personally I'm able to farm badges like candy due to alts but I don't fancy paying umpteen chicken stones for every reroll. The amount of variable stats now makes me not care so much about max stats.

I'm leaning towards just top 25%, I'll just have to live with that missing ~100 hp at endgame. Thanks for your input, I definitely wish I could farm badges on my own.. would make getting them far less painful lol
  • Scrubby - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    I'm leaning towards just top 25%, I'll just have to live with that missing ~100 hp at endgame. Thanks for your input, I definitely wish I could farm badges on my own.. would make getting them far less painful lol

no you really don't because that leads to 45 rolls for a 20 percentile weapon, how sad :(.

oh and just a last point i find that hp becomes less and less meaningless the higher your refines which is probably the obvious to you. Same as the comment on magic getting swamped in the 700's
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    no you really don't because that leads to 45 rolls for a 20 percentile weapon, how sad :(.

oh and just a last point i find that hp becomes less and less meaningless the higher your refines which is probably the obvious to you. Same as the comment on magic getting swamped in the 700's

da wuut? top 20 percent means u have 20% chance of getting it. did you accidently hit the 4 when typing "5"?
  • Scrubby - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    da wuut? top 20 percent means u have 20% chance of getting it. did you accidently hit the 4 when typing "5"?

no that's how sad my luck was, I only got over 20 attack lvl 2x inside 45 rolls

P.S. Off topic question but what are your keybinds like moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    no that's how sad my luck was, I only got over 20 attack lvl 2x inside 45 rolls

P.S. Off topic question but what are your keybinds like moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just watch his tw vid
  • Scrubby - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    Just watch his tw vid

I'm not talking about where he puts his skills on bars, asking for key binds since my eyes not good enough to see by squinting into youtube vid. Also lazy.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Depends what the original poster meant... Assuming they want 80% of the achievable stat points (min + (max-min)*80%) for all of the available stats (184 for the hp add and 11/12 for the other adds), there is a 2/7 chance for 11+ out of 12 and a 17/81 chance for 184+ hp. For the robe, wrap, and sandals there are a 1 in 16.67 chance of achieving this as each has one variable stat and one variable HP add. The gloves have 2 variable stats and 1 variable HP add for a 1 in 58.4 chance.

In reality you will benefit more from rerolling for above average HP and vitality and keeping whatever magic stats you get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    I'm not talking about where he puts his skills on bars, asking for key binds since my eyes not good enough to see by squinting into youtube vid. Also lazy.

Q p j g f x z l u for 1-9
    K h y b c n i t v e r o for f1-f12
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Q p j g f x z l u for 1-9
    K h y b c n i t v e r o for f1-f12

yes .
  • upsides
    upsides Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Don't leave it hanging, unfulfilled. Do what you need to do, get what you really want, and be done with it.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    upsides wrote: »
    don't Leave It Hanging, Unfulfilled. Do What You Need To Do, Get What You Really Want, And Be Done With It.

200/12
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    200/12

25/10/20
This discussion has been closed.