Nation Wars - The official thread

Options

Comments

• Rerum - Sanctuary
    Rerum - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I agree that archers with purge bows are next to broken, the problem is not the class, is the purge add itself.

IMO purge needs to be removed from every weapon and replaced by whatever, I would even say that god of frenzy is less broken than Purge.

The tremendous increase in damage you receive from the lack of buffs is usually a death sentence in PK.
    How to play the game? 5.0 has the final say!!!
  • Savor - Lost City
    Savor - Lost City Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I agree that archers with purge bows are next to broken, the problem is not the class, is the purge add itself.

IMO purge needs to be removed from every weapon and replaced by whatever, I would even say that god of frenzy is less broken than Purge.

The tremendous increase in damage you receive from the lack of buffs is usually a death sentence in PK.

Without purge archers would be next to useless. Archers don't do much dmg to me unless they are 3rd cast r9 but when I finish my 3rd cast r9 they will do little damage as well. If they didn't purge me then i probably wouldn't die to archers very often.
    My main was Susamajii The Lost City Barbarian.
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Huh? How do archers not do dmge without purge o_o even without purge an archer auto hurts like hell, giving the hardest hitting class purge is just wrong. Even the g16 nirvana bows, and slings without purge hit hard...especially when they chain crit....I'm sure you've met ea's who are sage pushing 60% crit + after QS.

Archers hit hard purge or no purge unless your walking around with 10-12 refines and 90% josd in your armor, any +10 bow , r9 or nirvana smack pretty high auto attacks.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Why are you comparing **** gear players to r999+12? Of course you are going to be killed by people that have vastly better gear than you. That's a no-brainer and has nothing to do with class.

Against equal geared opponents seekers are the hardest hitting class in the game. They can spam that sacrificial slash -> quid pro quo BS every 30 seconds and get 40k zerk crit off normal attacks. That combo is broken as hell and doesn't even use any chi. It's such a joke to be randomly one shot by a zerk crit from 30m away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    All the people here that are QQing about Archers are silly, Archers miss out on alot of stuff that other phys dmg classes get that would make them super OP, such as BP, just imagine an Archer from long range that puts BOA on someone tanky such as a barb and is then able to continusly heal themselfs with bp, until that barb died they would be impossible to kill, also they are quite squishy because high dmg = less def, so if you can get them to stop attacking, either with a stun, seal or something similar there is a good chance you can poke them a few times and they fall over.

The purge add on the R9 Archers bow has a VERY low proc rate, if you gave them zerk I think you'd be creating more trouble than fixing anything, zerk is OP, and giving that to a class that already hits Insane amounts of dmg would just create problems xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Huh? How do archers not do dmge without purge o_o even without purge an archer auto hurts like hell, giving the hardest hitting class purge is just wrong. Even the g16 nirvana bows, and slings without purge hit hard...especially when they chain crit....I'm sure you've met ea's who are sage pushing 60% crit + after QS.

Archers hit hard purge or no purge unless your walking around with 10-12 refines and 90% josd in your armor, any +10 bow , r9 or nirvana smack pretty high auto attacks.

Savor is Susamajii, brah. Full +12 JOSD HA Nirvana set with PWIC neck, iirc.

Haiiii Susa~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    edited January 2013
    Options
    NW is not complex ppl just complain to much. It's obious anything PVp related is for the most part gear dependent, no matter how good you are the guy who has the better gear will kill you. Sure there are some cases where the undergeared will win but in general they won't.

You have 2 choices.

1) farm or cs and gear up until you can compete.
    2) don't participate at all

The only thing I think is stupid in this nw system is how they "balance" the nations just reading the word balance in anything PWE related is a joke, there hasn't been balance in our game since the rank sale.
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    Dami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    b:surrender sorry is that i'm noob on this things of the forums, is that i have a questions, is that the last days i heard rumors that rapture and uncanie crystals will be removed of the nort archo forges at the summer. it mean no more get raps and canies whit tokens, it is true? or only fake rumors?
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Well in his case do like I do, grab the flag eat as much dmge as possible at the hill before turning in the flag, IG GTFO score.

They won't do much to fix anything and if they do it's things that have little to no effect on the game. But they sure are good at releasing packs and putting up epic sales.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm actually with them... .,l,, archers...

Hands down in my book the most difficult r9 class to beat. At least for me as a BM

That statement is true for all but barbarian classes. Their purge bow+massive attack levels from a 32/34 distance is too much for non-barbarians. Perhaps a full +12 R9 seeker *HAS* a small chance with their ranged attack given they are fighting an archer of half or equal that amount of refines.

P.S. I don't think this thread will ever be the "official thread for NW". That's been tried. Every NW people post more threads about it. Mod had to keep moving every single thread into the "official" thread she made for NW, it was endless.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Why are you comparing **** gear players to r999+12? Of course you are going to be killed by people that have vastly better gear than you. That's a no-brainer and has nothing to do with class.

Against equal geared opponents seekers are the hardest hitting class in the game. They can spam that sacrificial slash -> quid pro quo BS every 30 seconds and get 40k zerk crit off normal attacks. That combo is broken as hell and doesn't even use any chi. It's such a joke to be randomly one shot by a zerk crit from 30m away.

Savor's gear is not vastly inferior to r999 +12. You remark is void. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Sure give archers GOF and let +12 archers 1 shot even barbs with a zerk crit.. That's balance lol

From what I understand NW is about teamwork. Assuming equal gears.

Archers/Sins Kill Arcanes
    Arcanes Kill Tanks

But now due to so much imbalance in gears people want Archers/Sins to kill even barbs easily. That is not their class job. But again its all about damage nowadays and not class roles..
  • Carichan - Sanctuary
    Carichan - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Not just at equal gears but ... YAY, finally someone who thinks alike. b:surrender
    ~♥~ Mohandas Gandhi said: ~♥~
    ~♥~ Be the change that you want to see in the world. ~♥~
    ~♥~ The best leaders will be the ones who always lead by example. ~♥~

b:shy

~♥~ Disclaimer: I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what others understand. ~♥~
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    From my stand point, R9 is pretty much equal to G16 Nirvana. Yes, there are some differences, and there will always be. Is R999 OP? Yes. Are you able to still kill them? Yes. Simply learn your class. That's all it comes down to.

Oh wait, you already know your class? Just because you know what to do in PvE, doesn't mean you know jack **** about PvP. That's what most of the QQing is about. You have a choice to come to NW or not. PWI is practically giving you raps and cannies to up your gear, yet all people do is come on here and QQ. Take your rewards, up your gear, and shut the hell up. It's as simple as that.

Wish this worked on ppl like the full +12 jades r9 reforged ring and emperor tome wizard on our server :o

This character is almost impossible to kill before it gets purified and runs off. I'm a r9rr mostly +12 and I can only delay this char at best. Even ticking charm takes a heroic effort if its just myself working at it.

For the most part I agree with you though ;o
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Lord_Mot - Harshlands
    Lord_Mot - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Wish this worked on ppl like the full +12 jades r9 reforged ring and emperor tome wizard on our server :o

This character is almost impossible to kill before it gets purified and runs off. I'm a r9rr mostly +12 and I can only delay this char at best. Even ticking charm takes a heroic effort if its just myself working at it.

For the most part I agree with you though ;o

If you are referring to the person I think you are referring to, I came against them in the last NW(my main is on DW). I hit them with undine-BT and did 80 damage (granted I only have R8+7, but still...). At that point I simply brought up the battle map and clicked <Leave Battlefield>. Problem solved. I went on to another battle where I could get plenty of points, and denied that wizzy any points from me.
    Strategic withdrawal FTW
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that understand binary and those that don't.b:chuckle
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

cite missing

nobody knows what you're talking about, and I have yet to see a void remark from asty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Sure give archers GOF and let +12 archers 1 shot even barbs with a zerk crit.. That's balance lol

Archers/Sins Kill Arcanes
    Arcanes Kill Tanks

But now due to so much imbalance in gears people want Archers/Sins to kill even barbs easily. That is not their class job. But again its all about damage nowadays and not class roles..

Well, yeah, I agree that Archers are OP.

Most R9 or recast R9 archers are rather easy to kill though, with maybe the exception of Asty (JOSD's last I checked). The problem is getting to them, since archers have rather large range.

Only class I regulaly die to in NW is sins, and it typically takes either 2 of them or one that's highly refine R9+10 (there's another broken part of the game, getting killed by a 30k zerk crit from a sin you didn't even know was there).
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    cite missing

nobody knows what you're talking about, and I have yet to see a void remark from asty.
    Umm... Okay sure. Here ya go~
    Conversation is as follows:

Without purge archers would be next to useless. Archers don't do much dmg to me unless they are 3rd cast r9 but when I finish my 3rd cast r9 they will do little damage as well. If they didn't purge me then i probably wouldn't die to archers very often.
    Savor is Susamajii, brah. Full +12 JOSD HA Nirvana set with PWIC neck, iirc.

Haiiii Susa~~~

Or are you asking me to prove he has +12 JoSD gear...?
    Savor is Susamajii, the Barb that represented PWI in the tournament.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Umm... Okay sure. Here ya go~
    Conversation is as follows:

Or are you asking me to prove he has +12 JoSD gear...?
    Savor is Susamajii, the Barb that represented PWI in the tournament.

Astys point is still valid, and your implied expectation the every player is following the various gear upgrades on your server is absurd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Astys point is still valid, and your implied expectation the every player is following the various gear upgrades on your server is absurd.

What are you claiming I implied?
    Let me break that down for you...

1. Savor says that without purge, he doesn't think archers would be a very good class. He goes on to say that unless an archer is 3rd cast rank 9 +12 they generall do not hurt him much.

2. Asterelle says that of course a +12 r9 3rd cast hurts him badly, and that of course people with vastly superior gear will kill him.

3. Asterelle is corrected on his/her inference/assumption as to the gears of Savor.

The End

EDIT: And all of this goes back to previous arguments about whether a gap between gear was really the issue, or it was refines and shards.

Savor is in +12 full JoSD NV 2nd cast and is competitive with most r9 3rd cast on our server. ie. People should be complaining less about a huge gear gap and realize that the reason they percieve it as that is because the people who can afford these gears usually can afford to refine and shard them.

Final Edit: Deciphered what you said. The extra "the" in there instead of "that" confused me. Nobody had that expectation, however there was an expectation and assumption on the other end that Savor must not know what he was talking about and that he must be someone with bad gear.

Furthermore, even if I had assumed that it wouldn't be entirely unfair. He represented all of our servers in tournament.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spinner_ - Sanctuary
    Spinner_ - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Every single one of you who feel that you should be able to beat people that have better gear than you are complete morons. If you can not beat people 1v1 then gank them, if that doesn't work then there is a simple Leave Battlefield function that works perfectly.

I'm starting to get fed up of all you TT99 people or close moaning at r9/r99/r999 people ruining the game, just shut up and get on with it. This game is about 2 things, gear and skill. Gear is simple, the better it is the easier it is to kill people. Why do we get better gear? To be able to kill things easier... so go get better gear and shush. Skill is simple too, have similar gears to your opponent? Then you will be using skill to defeat them and nothing else will play a part in it. Everyone can beat each other with similar gear and some skill.

Anyone who feels that they should have a chance against somone with better gear is kidding themselves and should imo log out and uninstall as this is not the right game for you.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    3. Asterelle is corrected on his/her inference/assumption as to the gears of Savor.

I was talking to Armani, not Asterelle. Of course properly sharded and refined HA can tank archers pretty well if they don't get purged (or do something dumb like use phys marrow). :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Every single one of you who feel that you should be able to beat people that have better gear than you are complete morons. If you can not beat people 1v1 then gank them, if that doesn't work then there is a simple Leave Battlefield function that works perfectly.

I'm starting to get fed up of all you TT99 people or close moaning at r9/r99/r999 people ruining the game, just shut up and get on with it. This game is about 2 things, gear and skill. Gear is simple, the better it is the easier it is to kill people. Why do we get better gear? To be able to kill things easier... so go get better gear and shush. Skill is simple too, have similar gears to your opponent? Then you will be using skill to defeat them and nothing else will play a part in it. Everyone can beat each other with similar gear and some skill.

Anyone who feels that they should have a chance against somone with better gear is kidding themselves and should imo log out and uninstall as this is not the right game for you.

well said.
    to play devil's advocate though I think they are more complaining about the limited availability of top tier gear in the game to people who spend money. But that is even more ridiculous because the game needs to make money and this new instance they are complaining about is practically giving away end game gear for free.

I was talking to Armani, not Asterelle. Of course properly sharded and refined HA can tank archers pretty well if they don't get purged (or do something dumb like use phys marrow). :/

I quoted you more to show that his gears had been stated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Final Edit: Deciphered what you said. The extra "the" in there instead of "that" confused me. Nobody had that expectation, however there was an expectation and assumption on the other end that Savor must not know what he was talking about and that he must be someone with bad gear.

Furthermore, even if I had assumed that it wouldn't be entirely unfair. He represented all of our servers in tournament.

No one cares about the tournament that happened what like 2 years ago. I doubt people even remember what server won. So assuming that people will be aware of other servers gear levels is kind of far off based assumption.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    No one cares about the tournament that happened what like 2 years ago. I doubt people even remember what server won. So assuming that people will be aware of other servers gear levels is kind of far off based assumption.

Wow... you umm quoted me yourself where I said, " Nobody had that expectation, however there was an expectation and assumption on the other end that Savor must not know what he was talking about and that he must be someone with bad gear."

I mean I'd quote myself which is ridiculus just to correct you but you already did it for me in your own post... GG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Depends on how you interpret it. "Furthermore, even if I had assumed that it wouldn't be entirely unfair." Seems like you still made a assumption at some point and still at some point think its valid.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Numbers, Gear, Skill, and Levels. You can have the best gear possible and play the absolute best - but with the right numbers you're screwed. Level plays a big difference due to gear and the lesser damage done to higher levels.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Depends on how you interpret it. "Furthermore, even if I had assumed that it wouldn't be entirely unfair." Seems like you still made a assumption at some point and still at some point think its valid.

yeah sure..

I'll uh.. further clarify for you.

No. That assumption was never made.

However, the assumption was made by people on 'other servers' that Savor must have bad gear (You know, the whole reason for this debate).

However, if anyone was to expect a person to be known cross server, it would certainly have to be a person that represented ALL of our servers.

better?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Sounds more to me like you're assuming he made and assumptionb:avoid.
  • Spinner_ - Sanctuary
    Spinner_ - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Numbers, Gear, Skill, and Levels. You can have the best gear possible and play the absolute best - but with the right numbers you're screwed. Level plays a big difference due to gear and the lesser damage done to higher levels.

Anybody can get to 102 nowadays and the difference between 102 and 105 is barely anything noticable so no, levels does not make a significant difference at all. But once again it's a matter of lazyness, go level to 102 and you will do more and receive less damage.

Oh yeah and levels are not a matter of money so is pointless including this in the thread.