So our DoTs..

Options

Comments

• Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I agree that Epsilon was indeed easy with those spells, but I prefered to simply spirit blast and follow with landslide as opening move. Aqua impact seemed to mess the timing to interupt their telekinesis for me as we both walk to each other to see who get who. b:chuckle

I believe that the magic immune mob lane was eta or zeta (other one is physical immune). But... did you meant to imply that the bleed on Red Tide is separate from the water magic itself? It would gain some pve use, but I doubt that fact would come in handy with pvp. I guess I will check next time I go in AEU and end up with the flame emperor path.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I believe that the magic immune mob lane was eta or zeta. But... did you meant to imply that the bleed on Red Tide is separate from the water magic itself?

Yeah, might have been one of those @eta paths... it was definitely magic immune... Im not sure if that was the same as the path that had "telekinesis"... Is been a long while since doin eu, and i never did aeu yet... But the magic immune one specifically, soul of retalliation, (maybe soul of veng, i forget), the dot on red tide, soul burn, and bubble of life due to needing to take damage in order to deliver it... there might of been one or two more spells that worked on those...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yeah, might have been one of those @eta paths... it was definitely magic immune... Im not sure if that was the same as the path that had "telekinesis"... Is been a long while since doin eu, and i never did aeu yet... But the magic immune one specifically, soul of retalliation, (maybe soul of veng, i forget), the dot on red tide, soul burn, and bubble of life due to needing to take damage in order to deliver it... there might of been one or two more spells that worked on those...

They work because they are physical damage. Soul of Vengeance should work as well. That would be it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scorf_Wade - Sanctuary
    Scorf_Wade - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    since no one is doing caster nirvanas now i think this test is kinda rare to find but when i had r8+10 the bosses of vana were damaged by 1.2k after the update, now with 118 attack levels i am not sure what will the number of damage be, but probably will be around 2.4k which is the double if not more
  • pyrocix
    pyrocix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    1st. At lvl 82 I find red tide to be extremely useful (when it procs) otherwise I wasted 2 sparks.

2nd. What skills have physical damage? Mag Resist mobs kick my **** even with extreme poison! Takes full mp bar to kill them without back to back crits.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Options
    pyrocix wrote: »
    1st. At lvl 82 I find red tide to be extremely useful (when it procs) otherwise I wasted 2 sparks.

2nd. What skills have physical damage? Mag Resist mobs kick my **** even with extreme poison! Takes full mp bar to kill them without back to back crits.

If ur up against solo-able overland types... Soulburn can be yur best friend b:pleased

Soul of Retalliation, Soul of Vengance, the dot off Red Tide if it processes... (anything that is Soulforce-based is technically physical). And being retal and veng are only usable by getting hit... you can just throw bubble of life to heal back up after you get hit once and let your buffs do the work...

In order to maximize your soulforce... whereas +3 =>+5 refines across your gears helps a bit... The more your weapon is refined, the more it adds to your soulforce. Your weapon at equal refinement gives you more soulforce than refining any other gear piece. It is something to keep in mind...

Hope these things help ya

PS : yeah, extreme poison on genie and maybe sparking too can help if u see those as worth it on a mob
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I would've thought that they are affected by attack level either way, seeming it is still a skill that deals damage, wouldn't it be sort of Obvious?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Mesro - Heavens Tear
    Mesro - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    So, Im just curious....If I do half my sockets on r9, with all the sockets possible, half filled with DoTs, and the rest with JoSDs, Ill be more or less able to take others out with a couple shots at most?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Options
    So, Im just curious....If I do half my sockets on r9, with all the sockets possible, half filled with DoTs, and the rest with JoSDs, Ill be more or less able to take others out with a couple shots at most?

All depends what the rest of your gear looks like... would need a pwcalc.com link... and it depends if you just black voodoo / jones and get squished instantly too... In that case, plan backfired b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

I'd go with josd instead of DoTs, I have over 16k hp and 10k p def w/ buffs (no josd though) and get 1 shoted in black voodoo by r9 sins/seekers, hell one time i got 1 shoted by a barb(i can however survive a hell of a lot in white voodoo)... and on the other side, i cant seem to do more than 3-5k damage per shot against other r9 classes using a 3r9 wep (full magic build w/ 130 att level) so i don't think a few DoTs are gonna help much......maybe its just the people I'm fighting...
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'd go with josd instead of DoTs, I have over 16k hp and 10k p def w/ buffs (no josd though) and get 1 shoted in black voodoo by r9 sins/seekers, hell one time i got 1 shoted by a barb(i can however survive a hell of a lot in white voodoo)... and on the other side, i cant seem to do more than 3-5k damage per shot against other r9 classes using a 3r9 wep (full magic build w/ 130 att level) so i don't think a few DoTs are gonna help much......maybe its just the people I'm fighting...

Have you tried without voodoo yet?... it is an option...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

You obviously have never fought a full dot psy.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Have you tried without voodoo yet?... it is an option...

yes =/, not much difference.

and @MageFizban of course not, never seen a psy dumb enough to go full dot, don't really know what the point of that line was though.
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Options
    As far as full DoTs go... that would be very effective if you maximize your +% crit rate at the same time. I have noticed and i am quite sure those that have paid attention have also noticed, as even gaining levels above an opponent and you crit more often. Being that is based on crit% going up with the level difference, the two in unison being +'d... omg I want it b:dirty

PS : "1 shotted in black voodoo by r9 sins/seekers, hell one time i got 1 shotted by a barb (i can however survive a hell of a lot in white voodoo)"... You answered your own question here. As a psy, think of your white voodoo "almost" in the same way a sin thinks of their stealth. Even as an R9+ geared psy, its just foolish to stay in black voodoo at all times, unless you happen to be drinking that night & that is your idea of fast & furious kill or be killed quick fun.

Psy was designed to "set up" first (prep work) while in white voodoo. Then when either the opportunity seems to have opened or when you have forced that opportunity to come about... Black voodoo ... DESTROY TARGET b:angry b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    yes =/, not much difference.

and @MageFizban of course not, never seen a psy dumb enough to go full dot, don't really know what the point of that line was though.

You don't know what you're talking about is what I'm saying.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    You don't know what you're talking about is what I'm saying.

k, prove to me a full dot psy wouldn't be a glass cannon then.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    k, prove to me a full dot psy wouldn't be a glass cannon then.

Did you try to kill |_ last TW? How did he hurt? b:chuckle
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Did you try to kill |_ last TW? How did he hurt? b:chuckle

Can't tell i lag so hard during TW i usually insta die when i walk to the fighting w/ damage sources from at least 5 ppl, however if he and me are online at the same time would like to fight him to see if your right or not, have him pm me in game.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Can't tell i lag so hard during TW i usually insta die when i walk to the fighting w/ damage sources from at least 5 ppl, however if he and me are online at the same time would like to fight him to see if your right or not, have him pm me in game.

You'll have to pm him yourself. I'm not really acquainted to him.
  • Rangergod - Raging Tide
    Rangergod - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Quick question, Are out DoTs affected buy the times things that we have up before we cast it on the target or after? Example.. I Earth Vector someone (I'm already in black voodoo), Use the 3 DoTs Torrent, Sand, and Tele. Then, I go white voodoo, when I change to white voodoo. Will the DoTs hit for less?
    "In case you can't do the math, as you stand there alone and consider fighting me, you'll be facing an army of over 30,000 hollows!" - Aaroniero Arruruerie, Novena Espada

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Pretty sure it's the stats at Time-of-Release. In that situation, DoTs should do damage with attack levels from black. The same should hold true for 3 sparking.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Pretty sure it's the stats at Time-of-Release. In that situation, DoTs should do damage with attack levels from black. The same should hold true for 3 sparking.

Correct. Also, their defenses only matter at the time of cast. If they dew after you've already put dots on them, the dmg will not change.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    uh uh I just went outside archo and didn't notice any difference between torrent lvl10 with black+jones vs white+no jones :S

maybe a change in demon/sage versions? (maybe i should finally learn telekinisis xd)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Options
    uh uh I just went outside archo and didn't notice any difference between torrent lvl10 with black+jones vs white+no jones :S

maybe a change in demon/sage versions? (maybe i should finally learn telekinisis xd)

The lvl 10 ones were not changed. Just lvl 11s iirc
    edited February 2013
    Options
    The lvl 10 ones were not changed. Just lvl 11s iirc

hm, that's interesting. now I have the dilemma of getting lvl11 or keep them at lvl10 to cast from white XD

*waves at Fizban*
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Options
    hm, that's interesting. now I have the dilemma of getting lvl11 or keep them at lvl10 to cast from white XD

*waves at Fizban*

Level them. Much more dmg. Casted them on an unmarrowed +10 r9r3 bm today along with telekinesis (he also hit my ret and zerked) and he died.
  • rkeesy
    rkeesy Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    LOLS at everyone that plays in white voodoo black voodoo fulltime is the only way to play psy
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Options
    rkeesy wrote: »
    LOLS at everyone that plays in white voodoo black voodoo fulltime is the only way to play psy

Sure. Make it easier for me to kill you. I don't mind
    edited February 2013
    Options

don't forget to put savants in your r6+12
  • Uraomote - Dreamweaver
    Uraomote - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

But it's so much fun pulling a full instance of mobs in white :c
    I like bananabread