Seasonal Spawn Mob Events

LadyMara - Raging Tide
LadyMara - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Suggestion Box
I've noticed that whenever the snowmen are around I see a lot more people playing. It even brings back people that have taken a break from the game just to beat up the snowmen. (Myself included)

I suggest more spawn mob events to go along with the seasons and such. I've thought about this for a few days now and here's what I got so far.

Valentines Day (one week event)
Mob: Heart of Joy -could be a standard heart shape in the spots the snowman spawn
Elemental Immunity, Lvl ? with 1 hp (just like the snowmen)

Drops: Fireworks- Love and Hearts, level 5-10 chi stones, mouthwatering treat (500hp/mp) dice ticket, then the flower buffs, forever happy, sincere blessing, beautiful love, or flowers of fortune.

St. Patricks Day (one week event)
Mob: Leprechaun elemental immunity lvl ? 1 hp

Drops: Fireworks-Tri-colored balls and green starts, level 5-10 chi stones, dice ticket, gold foil, gold shard, gold bullion, gold bar, gold brick. (I have seen the foils and bricks and found the others in the in game encylopedia)

Easter (one week event)
Mob: Bunny- elemental immunity, lvl ? 1 hp

Drops: Fireworks- Lotus and clivia orchid, level 5-10 chi stones, Mouthwatering treat, dice ticket, red egg, blue egg, purple egg (I found the eggs in the encylopedia but not sure how to get them in game) mirage celestone.

Halloween (one week)
Mob: scarecrow, elemental immunity, level ? 1 hp

Drops: Fireworks, red fireworks, green stars, level 5-10 chi stones dice ticket, pumpkinhead pill, monkey king pill, big-head pill, fat bro pill, santa orb

Most of the veno's i know, including myself take these events to level up flying pets and ground pets. We need an even with water mobs for the venos to be able to train water pets as well and my suggestion is...

The Summer Plunge (one week in april, may, june and july)
Location would be the waters around Pierced heart lake, there are no mobs currently in that area and it would be perfect for an event of this type.

Mob: Jellyfish, elemental immunity, level ? 1 hp

Drops: All different types of pet foods.

So that's it, I'd love to know what you all think about this.
Don't just survive, live to thrive!
Post edited by LadyMara - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Support

Free pet food drop will be awesome for low levels to farm
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • LadyMara - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    and with pierced heart lake so close to the city of lost, even lower level venos will be able to make it there
  • Alkrivar - Sanctuary
    Alkrivar - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    not too sure about this one.

Snowmen are nice, fun to hit when you feel lazy, but one for every holiday themed to said holiday? That's going to be a lot of toll on the servers I think. Several of my friends have lag hell in Archosaur already and since the snow and snowmen its been a lot worse. Before I got my new computer I couldn't even enter Archosaur without many dc's.

So while it's a nice idea, i'm not sure how the effects of this implementation of this idea would affect people.

But i'm all for doing it if it brings back people and new ones.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    OMG NUUUUUUUUU!!!!

I hate snowmen with a passion, cant even be in archo with normal chat on nowb:shocked

Maybe during the season, put a field of these mobs in an area that relates to them but no constant mobs in archo lagging us, spamming us, blocking us from talking to catshops, etc!b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    See how this could be fun but downsides are.....

1. Anyone selling P. Stones will QQ massively because they won't be able to sell as many for as much.

2. Some people lag to much not just cause snow but the snowmen mobs aswell.

3. To much work for PWI to turn on and off so they don't wanna.

4. People just don't like the holidays and wanna be visited by 3 ghosts =P
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • thegreatconquero
    thegreatconquero Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I Like the Idea! this can relief our boring time! Maybe stupid cupids flying in valentines day! ^^
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like the idea. Just make sure the spawned mobs are not as talkative as the snowmans. Arch is a constant spam currently thanks to them.

About the lags - the mobs are just like regular mobs and don't make much lag, the falling snow is the problem - it cause graphic lag, when I turn off effects the game runs much smoother. Eventually they might stop the mobs from apearing in the most crowded area - Arch West. To be honest it is not nice when a snowman spawns at a catshop you want to visit and you are on mount so can't instantly kill it. xD

BTW: I left behind my veno before the snowmans come - I didn't do any BH on it or anything like that - knowing I will not be able to keep her pets with the lvl. If the snowman-like-mobs apeared more often (it might be even a 1h daily event) I would have no problem lvling it up.
  • LadyMara - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    The lag issues is something i didn't originally think about.

Thank you everyone for your input and thoughts.

What if we did hold these spawn events at the star and moon islands in pierced heart lake, well away from the shops of arch and out of the areas most traveled?

I would love more feed back from you all and your ideas on how to fine tune this idea.
  • JadedDream - Raging Tide
    JadedDream - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like this idea. Like someone else has already stated, the lag is from the snow not the snowmen themselves.

As far as the complaint of perfect stone prices dropping, not sure on other servers but on RT they price doesn't change much, they've actually gone up in price with the snowmen around. A few people on RT pay more for the chi stones dropped from the snowmen then regular p.stones to create runes.

They've already created instances for specialized events. The monster derby back in October. It wouldn't be hard for them to change the texture on that for seasonal event. sb:victory
  • Annsa - Raging Tide
    Annsa - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Very good idea. Like the idea of having them spawn away from Arch to keep the lag away. I think most of us already hate all that. I don't really play a veno but I know most have trouble leveling up water pets. So the various places of occurrence, including in the water, is a very well thought out plan. Bravo Mara. You have the coolest Ideas. Keep up the good work.

Ann