Is flame nation cursed?

Options
OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Twilight Temple (West)
Stupid flame nation always last or 3rd they curse or wat? b:surrender
Post edited by OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    When I see i got into Flame nation, I log out and go back to sleep.
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    When I see i got into Flame nation, I log out and go back to sleep.

Was just about to do this ytd...
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Seems that way even on raging tide
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    will do same next time stupid moron nation fighting 20 v 0 in land next to base while 120 people base lock and took them 20 mins to win, either it just alt who grab flag and waste time or just plain stupid noobs..
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    It's the same on all servers, Flame has a disadvantage due to the map design. The map has been updated in China but they're dragging their feet bringing it over to us.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The map is asymmetrical and poorly designed. If you look at the number of hops it takes to reach any land from the HQ, Flame's territory is too close to the other nations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The map is asymmetrical and poorly designed. If you look at the number of hops it takes to reach any land from the HQ, Flame's territory is too close to the other nations.

There you have it. Flame is cursed.

I, too, have logged out and gone to sleep/done BH instead of staying in Flame. D:
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Its same on German server with small advantage tho, less people makes you never be locked in the base there, even in crappiest (regularly flame) nation you will always at least be able to get into fights
    will do same next time stupid moron nation fighting 20 v 0 in land next to base while 120 people base lock and took them 20 mins to win, either it just alt who grab flag and waste time or just plain stupid noobs..

lol had this happen too a few times, still don't understand how you fail to beat zero ppl and in less than 5 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
    edited December 2012
    Options
    lol had this happen too a few times, still don't understand how you fail to beat zero ppl and in less than 5 minutes.

I noticed a few instances yesterday of where it would appear that in a 20v20 fight, only some of the players moved at any one time. IE, there was a Sin and a Veno in one fight, the Sin only moved when the Veno was stationary and easily killed, and vice versa. I'm guessing someone was dual logging...

The other thing I noticed was that in 20v0 fights, it was almost always the slowest ****er on the map that grabbed the flag. I can understand how it helps get you contribution, but it screws everyone else.

And the last thing I noticed, was the occasional n00b who grabbed the flag, and ran the wrong damn way (cough*SO*cough).

The final tidbit I noticed was that there is almost always a group of 5-15 players with highly refined R9 that could, all on their own, take a land and move on, frequently working to maintain a baselock on an opposing nation.

One thing that pissed me off was attempting to get into a land that was already full, and getting punted all the way back to the nation's home base, and occasionally just getting moved back to the previous land you were 'travelling through'. The mechanics of how you get punted back home vs back a step boggles me to no end. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Was in frost last night, and we won. But at one point in time in a 20 v 0 fight. the guy who grabbed the flag went afk moment he grabbed itb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Actually looking at the map I'm surprised flame doesnt do better than dark.

http://i.imgur.com/GFBqr.png

There is probably some other factor I'm missing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I think people have a naturally tendency to attack "down" rather than "up" if that makes sense.
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Well i am guessing too many factors there is really, I saw people talking about taking gear off, teleing into instance from specific towns etc all matters, honestly doubt but who knows. Frost seams to have most lands on this map but quite often Light wins and occasionally dark, guess last night frost won but i was too drunk to do the event so i don't know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    flame nation won

b:angryLET IT BURNb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I think people have a naturally tendency to attack "down" rather than "up" if that makes sense.

I was thinking about that too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

This.

Its a psychological thing. People tends to attack/defend from whatever is down them/perceived like a threat. Supposedly because we climbed trees like Tarzan and little chimps :P. Is this , or we climbed trees because of the menaces on the floor :P.

Besides, Leaving aside the fact that all nations have different advantages and benefits from
    my point of view:

Light: Boring and simple, standard travel time to it's borders. Average quantity of lands.Given it's own balance this one can have mixed tactics and be successful.

Flame: Easy to start battles in its borders, because it is smaller. Less than average quantity of lands. Easy to attack others and take advantage in the beginning of the NW. Defense shouldn't be priority here.

Dark: Easier for them to attack/defend at same time (don't mind me here) since they have less time to travel to it's own upper borders. And that widespread area can give you advantages attacking sides. Lesser quantity of lands.This means lesser travel times and fast attack/defense capabilities.

Frost: The big boy. Greater than Average quantity of lands. Because of longer travel times to the borders it is kind of difficult to travel to them and between the land. And the advantage of having lots of lands is diminished here because (again) long travel times. This one is difficult to defend, and more so in the borders. But the sheer size give them the edge in the defense of the base, because its hidden well within his center.

Those are (for me) the easy-to-see advantages/hinders for each nation.

I think the goal here was to teach the players big squad combat tactics, because each nation has a unique tactic that should work well for it.

Again, is up to the players to find out which one is better than other, and take in account that battles at the start of the NW have different tactics than the ones at mid/end battle.

By that time everything is royally fuucked up XD.

b:thanks
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    the enemy's gate is down
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    flame nation won

b:angryLET IT BURNb:angry

Yeah they've won twice now, out of... 14 NWs? Not good odds. Light's pretty consistently in the top 2, good place for consistent tokens.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yeah they've won twice now, out of... 14 NWs? Not good odds. Light's pretty consistently in the top 2, good place for consistent tokens.

No, they won onceb:chuckle

Yea i like being in light or frost. Always have bad luck in the others
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Flame has won twice now on this server. First time was a couple of weeks back.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options

Oh. That must've been the one night i missed then.

Btw awesome post count.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Oh. That must've been the one night i missed then.

Btw awesome post count.

lol I noticed that too. XD

And yeah, got screwed and got into the last place nation last night. I got 132 coins though. o.o
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Obviously they had to win when I was in the losing nation b:angryb:angry
  • Sudqi - Sanctuary
    Sudqi - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    looooool last NW flame nation was good -.- and sometime when i be in flame we at least not be at last place :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*signature made by Xiaimine b:victory
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-GCJHwvCms

everyone next nw...

still never 1st place i always go single am i cursed or what >.> and tt never drops goldmats for me too even tho its irrelevant..
    dark stop **** flame >.> even frost were at us last time
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    And the last thing I noticed, was the occasional n00b who grabbed the flag, and ran the wrong damn way (cough*SO*cough).

One thing that pissed me off was attempting to get into a land that was already full, and getting punted all the way back to the nation's home base, and occasionally just getting moved back to the previous land you were 'travelling through'. The mechanics of how you get punted back home vs back a step boggles me to no end. >_>

LOL.

I noticed the only time I got booted from a land too full and back to base was when the previous land was on CD/protection of 3 minutes.
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    still never won.. b:shutup
    thing is you take 10 ppls squad with r9r +12 josd devide them in 5 + 5 send to different corners of the nation and let them lock in base both nations.. 5 OP can win Any battle against even g16 +10 20 ppl.. if i fight Solo 20 ppl who are TT 70 they simply deal no dmg and i can imagine those r9r +12 josd to be quite invincible to compare..
    so you win Every battle until u reach base, then win corner territory, then it has 3 minute cooldown u win Middle territory, and then attack last one you already have support from ur own nation on the first territory you attacked basically allowing to lock nation for as long as you like, and if other 5 ppl corner does the same you have free territories from both of ur neighboars and can even take on the nation in front of you..
    cos defence gets 20 RANDOM people and offence gets the winners of previous battle.. wich are usually OP
    the game at this point itself is too unbalanced and there is a Huge difference in gear and i saw many times now 20 ppl simply unable to kill 3 ppls and those 3 ppls even winning..
    making cash? perfect.
    morally unfair? damn yes..
    this game ofc improved a lot during last years, but the cap between the poor and the rich gets bigger and bigger (im rich.. ish ).. but its unfair..
    its same as entering tw and soloing everyone in it cos theyre all tt70 or at best r8.. and they have 0 chances of winning, those fights were never interesting to me..
    instead of having legendary - vindicate squads with all superb players on server and **** the poor i suggest everyone entering solo and making it random.. cos the nw system sucks itself..
    ofc noone would do that cos then u get 30mil instead of 100mil per NW..
    compared to those who get nothing.. anyways nw has flaws
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Pretty sure Flame won tonight on Archo. If they didn't win they certainly did well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Options
    @iglantus

Actually after todays NW i realised people deserve to be base locked. I got separated from squad today and was mostly in fights with randoms, some of the frost people i was with were total morons who deserve being base locked. And unfortunately because of these morons other 80 odd frosties were base locked, but o well thats how it is.

And imho there is only 1 squad on Sanctuary which is unbeatable (atank,CMM,necy,kirby, etc etc) if their whole squad gets together in same fight.. Apart from that 1 squad every other squad is beatable if the defense has 20 good people defending.

And also wanted to add, some person who complains about spawn killing was trying to spawn kill me today in a 6 v 20 battle, so much hypocrisy(however u spell tht) ..
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    so u say cos of few morons who deserve to be base locked another 160-200 ppl deserve it as well O,o also was a fun moment when the one time kirby was on my team he grabbed flag and ran around with it for 20mins until timer ran out ganking 20vs 4 or smth, and we lost that nw as well.. i didnt quite get the reasoning behind this, got like 1-2 k points but it lasted way longer and our nation lost allt he other territories around it.. and was base locked too.. but thats just unlucky me i guess ;P
    but it is just stupid to allow some ppl have fun and others have to sin in base doing nothing for hours, and after getting base locked a lot of ppl simply log off and go to sleep, leaving others with even less opportunities to get points.. they Must add additional territories Around base so its harder to lock base asap before same ppl make even more billions for their alts...
    >> jelous ;P