Lunar Badge Service

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
I'm thinking of clearing a Lunar instance of mobs, but don't do the Vile bosses until the end. Then advertise on World Chat for a badge service, charging whatever people would pay for 3 badges, I guess.

Has anyone tried this or participated in this?
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I doubt you would make much money that way. People already advertise *free* lunar runs where they pay the fee and keep the drops. Many people come along just for the badges.

I don't know what the badges are worth to other people but I find they are easy enough to get that I wouldn't pay more than the expected pot/charm cost of farming it myself (maybe 25k per badge). Lunar runs with my friends take about 30 minutes. Warsong maybe 60-90 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've never heard of this. I wouldn't honestly do this. 3 badges for what? I'd rather buy a mob-cleared warsong then this. w/ all viles. But those don't exist now either do they? Not to say your idea is bad but people run free lunars daily and get badges as it is so....

Btw badges are about 300k or so, last I checked(make-sell prices), so saying your gonna sell 3 vile bosses badges is like saying I'm gonna charge you "Much higher then base badge make-sell price per badge".
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just do tm lunar, 7 badges 50 minutes. We could do it faster if we didn't have to drag alts b:sad.

Personally not worth the idea. Most people who are farming for badges can already find sources. A better option as Fissile suggested is to just pay for the run and get others to help you clear.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just do tm lunar, 7 badges 50 minutes. We could do it faster if we didn't have to drag alts b:sad.

Personally not worth the idea. Most people who are farming for badges can already find sources. A better option as Fissile suggested is to just pay for the run and get others to help you clear.

What typical squad do you use for this? I haven't heard/no1 on my server does TM lunar for badge. Is it worth it? or WS better?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How do you get Vile bosses in TM mode? I wasn't aware you could =o
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can't say it seems worth it. I'd stick to "free" lunars. For some reason full squads actually seem more than willing to walk into an instance, help you clear the entire thing including bosses at their own charm/pot/time expense, then hand you millions in profit and walk off. People baffle me, but if you want to run an instance for profit, that would make more sense.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've offered, and took part in Lunar runs where the way is cleared to the BH boss. Anyone who wants the BH boss can then join, and get up to two badges if they wish to stick around afterwards. Most people skip the 1st Adv boss.

The Leader gets help on the bosses and 3rd stage mobs, joiners get quick and free BH and badges. Have only seen this done among faction, and it seems like a win-win situation.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What typical squad do you use for this? I haven't heard/no1 on my server does TM lunar for badge. Is it worth it? or WS better?

2 bm+1 barb. We drag our alts 2 sins 1 cleric. Right now gear needs more refinement to be able to do tm lunar with no bb. BP covers the damage well enough, mss+hs, and we switch. So have 30 seconds of assured bb power. In that time we rush the alts in set up bb, put sins on spark macros on closest mobs and return to mains.

TM lunar = 12 mirages leads to free lunar valley (normal routes) afterwards.

TM lunar does require OP people if going in with 5 or less. Barb has 34k hp, bms have 16~19k hp each. Weapons are +10, r9, g16. If you go with a squad of 6, you can bring down hp requirements to 9~11k for bm. High hp is needed for the explosions and the last valley mostly. Go slow in the start, learn each valley, different mobs. Don't worry about the score. We did about 30 runs in tm with no regard to timer, just practising.
    How do you get Vile bosses in TM mode? I wasn't aware you could =o

I should have been more awake when i wrote the above. TM does not have vile bosses, but regular one has 7 badges available. If we skip on the cleric, or ask a cleric friend to join us, 4 people do all three valley in about 20 minutes. It beats warsong in the sense of time vs badges, but we take alts because it makes farming badges easier. Each person gets 2 badges. For the same time spent if we go with others, we get twice the badges. We do take others, when everyone feels lazy, runs are more fun.

We do tm for silver medals mostly, lots of mats (bosses are super stingy in lunar with drops) and free lunar opened afterwards. Some times we skip tm lunar and i pay 3m fee, and after a few runs, sell 1~4 EOD to recover the cost of the runs while stockpiling the EOD's for ourselves.

Sadly lots of Eods are required, so i doubt the price will drop soon. R9 people take 24~36, g16 people take 6~30.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ah good, that's what I thought. I was afraid I'd missed out on something really fundamental >.>
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray