The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Comments

• Nickha - Lost City
    Nickha - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The psychic skills Sand trap and Torrent have ceased to do any damage upon hit. They only do the damage over time, even though in their description it's written that they do damage upon hit aswell as dmg over time. b:surrender Please fix this, I don't want to be stuck with using two skills only while killing mobs or attempt killing bosses b:sad

Edit: I returned recently in the game and that is when I saw that those skills didn't do the dmg they used to do on my psychic character.
  • roberti1995
    roberti1995 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey GM. Please help. i been scamed. so please if could pm me and help if could please :)
    Looking forward to your answer
  • trefoil
    trefoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I got one of the Astral shards right after the patch put them in and clicked on it before it came out in forums that the quest is broken. Now I cannot trash or discard that quest. This is a serious issue to me as I am constantly having to trash quests I don't want to eliminate to get through teleportors. I tried to turn in a ticket on it, but had issues with that as well and have not received a reply as of yet.
  • Hunterste - Heavens Tear
    Hunterste - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hi,any help pls.i get as far as passwords screen and b4 i get to type it freezes.any help please and thank u
  • DustAngel - Lost City
    DustAngel - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hmm i don't know if this is an update or a bug but i just notice one of my pet skill looks messed up and i want to know why is like that. I will attach the SS with it so can be seen. I remember clearly that skill didn't had that description .

2e3oh3c.jpg
  • Thymine - Lost City
    Thymine - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Okay so I can also name a glitch that not a single GM believed me when I said it. I was at the Guild Base, and right before I got disconnected, I switched my ballet heels with my pure white fairy slippers. When I logged back, I had two pairs of ballet heels and my slippers had DISAPPEARED. I contacted the GM's, they said it was due to account sharing. So they pretty much think that within that one minute that it took me to log back, someone logged my account, stole my shoes and left me exact same ones that I already had instead. (?) Yea, fun glitch. I gave the second pair to my friend, what else would I do with two freaking pairs of the same shoes? -____- If only something decent was doubled :P b:laugh
  • direchimera
    direchimera Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Originally, I had an Earthguard on the Achorsaur (sorry about the spelling) server, and after about an hour, I started to get kicked off of the game. Thinking it was my character, I went to the Lost City server and made a Venomancer. I managed to get to about level 24 or so, but now it's happening all over again.

When I made my Venomancer, at about the point where I started to go into the Wolf Totem Valley, I noticed glitches, where the ground's color would dissapear and show the base background color. The ground was still there, but it would be invisible. Then, It started to lag, and some things dissipeared and re-appeared, like hair and limbs, the HUD and menus, etc. I would exit the game through the menu and then return, and that usually fixes the problem, but now it keeps kicking me off with (occasionally) some foreign alerts and an error report, which I've filled out about three times now.

I'm going to uninstall completely (for about the fourth time now?), and hopefully it'll work, but in the meantime, any ideas?

(Sorry for the long post) b:embarrass
  • mrblock999
    mrblock999 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I downloaded the game and when I click "start" button after instaling it and patching. A window appears. something was written in Japanese. And when I closed the window the game didn't start. HEALP ME. b:cry b:cry
  • Picexplorer - Heavens Tear
    Picexplorer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I want to address one glitch that is happening with these promos that you are having in cash shop.
    just last week, we had this promo of buying 10* Orb and getting 1 Demon/Sage Event Card.
    IN this promo, many people got more than what they should have gotten.
    This same thing has happened during Chest of Coins promo and Reputation badge(Ironguard powder) promo also.
    The promo item keeps on coming in one's mail box everytime one empty it.
    Need to check on this glitch. because i think this is one of those gamebreaking glitches where people gets rare items on lot bases.
  • Randale - Heavens Tear
    Randale - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Quest Chapter 1 Rotflesh Trench, NPC Pioneer Officer Windshaker is missing.

[IMG][/img]pwi_zpse90cf589.png
  • MiszEvil - Sanctuary
    MiszEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Quest Chapter 1 Rotflesh Trench, NPC Pioneer Officer Windshaker is missing.

[IMG][/img]pwi_zpse90cf589.png

Maybe its a stupid remark but you sure you were there whitin the event time
    9:00 - 24:00 ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've submitted a ticket, but perhaps this is in relation to the Patch Note
    Faction Logos cannot use spaces. This will be fixed in a future patch.
    under http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18439721&postcount=1

The faction slogan in the faction window cannot be edited anymore. It rejects any type of text, even simple characters. My faction name DOES have a space before it, so that could explain the relation in error.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • zadoria55
    zadoria55 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hello b:laugh yes you guessed it.. newbie/first time in da house!/

I'll make it short and sweet.. the problem.. CANNOT log into the game, I have used my username and password(which I registered with). My forum name.. does not work.. I'm wondering .. do you need a beta key? a atavar? a what? Would someone please show me the way b:angry
    Thank you most kindly b:thanks
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'll be lazy, and copy paste b:surrender.

The skill description for blade tornado appears as the same polearm mastery for me.

Blade tornado

When the skill is learnt, if you check the bottom, the last line needs to be refined a bit.

Blade tornado when learnt

I hope this gets looked into the future. When i hover over the polearm, it shows the same description.

The mouse doesn't seem to appear, but it is on blade tornado to get that description.
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Deep Blue Scavenger location link sends you to Raged Wraith Chief.
  • coltonandrew
    coltonandrew Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I recently found that selecting the 'Change character' option while on a mount (a) locks the hotkey bar on the newly selected character (b). To fix the locked hot key bar you have to go back to (a) and get off the mount so (b) can function properly. I have recorded a video of this and if it would help, I can post it.
  • Zoteev - Sanctuary
    Zoteev - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    -I don't know if this has been mentioned before but male seekers can't stay down. I mean if u use "fall down/over" action, when the character falls down it immediately gets back up. This doesn't happen on my BM which stays down after clicking "fall down/over" action.

-I know this is mentioned in page 1 but I got Astral Shard item from Aurum Specter around Sanctuary area and the quest can't be trashed or finished (because NPC Lu Zah is nowhere to be found).
  • tootew
    tootew Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I created a new veno yesterday (1/16/2013) and today I noticed she has only 1 slot in her pet bag.

I had always understood venos started with two pet slots. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

I am unable to search specifically for other posts on this, as pet and bag are too short or two common to use as terms.

28jd72b.png

nevermind- I just got a quest reward that gave me a second pet slot. no worries.
  • Tubai - Raging Tide
    Tubai - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sir,there is a speed issue in NW i would like to bring in light.On my barb when i carry the flag i get slow which is obvious,there's no issue with that.But,after capturing the flag the decreased speed still slows my barb until and unless I press "C"(Character Screen).I guess this should be a common issue with others also.
  • Randale - Heavens Tear
    Randale - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    NPC Lu Zah 636, 563 in Sanctuary is missing.

Can't trash the quest too
  • zobdawson
    zobdawson Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Surtr wrote: »
    Please DO NOT report technical bugs, such as problems with patching, installation, logging in, disconnecting, alt-tabbing, your network settings, etc, in this thread. Please create a new thread in Technical Support for such issues. Posts that are not about bugs may be moved or deleted.
    Problem: if one is a new player, and thus new to the forums, one is unable to create a new thread.

Auto-pathing is buggy. No, that's not the right word. Hmm, "useless". Yes, "useless" is the word. It draws a straight line between the target and my character. It then tries to get my character there, regardless of terrain and objects that may be in the way. it's had my character attempt to scale cliffs, jump into the ocean, all kinds of crazy stuff. I don't recall the quest but I'll make it easy: if you are a new character, what are the first two quests? Right: those.

Might want to borrow code from another PW game, such as Jade Dynasty, to make the auto-pathing in Perfect World actually work.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is it just me or does auto attacking stop randomly by itself nowadays? At bosses who dont stun, seal, interrupt or anything.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • minoruinjustice
    minoruinjustice Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Every time I confirm a distribution of points, the points don't get added onto my stats. Instead they revert back to what they were previously and I lose the points I earned.

--edit--

nevermind, my friend helped me figure it out.
  • twiggy3
    twiggy3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The guild slogan has a glitch. It won't let me put spaces or full stops. Or certain letters. Can you please help?
  • kittehmay
    kittehmay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I never got the quest for the Supply Stash. I'm not sure why not?
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    twiggy3 wrote: »
    The guild slogan has a glitch. It won't let me put spaces or full stops. Or certain letters. Can you please help?
    That is how it was originally, then they updated it so we could use spaces and other characters, then they broke it again. maybe someday it might get fixed in an update. Don't hold your breath though.
    kittehmay wrote: »
    I never got the quest for the Supply Stash. I'm not sure why not?
    Because it no longer exists. Use the search feature and find the long discussion on it that has been going on for over a month.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • quavelen
    quavelen Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have now sat here for over 10 hours, trying to get this game installed.
    I have tried installing it five times. Every single time I try to install it, I get this bug:

7JM39xq.png

I have right clicked on the installer, and selected "Run as Administrator" every time.
    This does not fix the issue.

I do not use an antivirus programme, nor is my firewall blocking it.
    My Operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what on earth I am supposed to do?
    I have yet to see the launcher, or anything. It installs the game and then closes, and spits out this message in the notepad.
    31aQOIJ.png
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @ quavelen

This thread is for bugs in-game, not installing problems or such sort. You could always make own thread about it and get answers easier.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • borschtel
    borschtel Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A level 74 Mob dropped a item which I used with a right click. Now I have a quest called "Astral Shard". I have to talk with a NPC named "Lu Zah". This NPC is unvisible so I cant complete this quest but I also cannot trash this quest. Does PWI try to force me to buy the Quest Expansion Stone or is it just a bug?
    b:shocked
  • cindylk
    cindylk Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I recently acquired the demon Resurrect buff for my mystic..but now she wont cast it on players outside squad. Has a change been made to it or does any other mystic share the same glitch? I enjoyed throwing a heal and casting the rez buff on a struggling adventurer as I passed by, now a heal is all I can do....
This discussion has been closed.