No more tokens for NW

Era_Saga - Archosaur
Era_Saga - Archosaur Posts: 36 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Nation Wars
In my opinion the reward tokens we get from this event have totally ruined it. Instead of it being a fun event for people to do it has now become a farming instance. And lets face it, in this country most people would step on their own mother to make a quick buck.

People have gotten so desperate to win tokens that they now have groups of seekers setting up vortex at spawn points, killing people as soon as they enter. Everyone is camping spawn points and resorting to low blow tactics to win. It's interesting watching how far greed will make a person sink.

If you take the tokens out the high levels will go back to Nirvana and quit whining about having to share with lower levels and those of us who actually want to have fun can. From now on all the tokens I get I'm NPCing, it's dirty money and I don't want it.
Post edited by Era_Saga - Archosaur on

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can you give those tokens to me instead? I promise im not a greedy, materialistic ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so if people are setting up seekers at spawn points in order to utilize Vortex to kill the freshly spawned people... why are those self same people who are under Spawn Protection (and thereby invincible I might add) not moving outside of the Seeker's Radius of Effect so as to prevent themselves from getting K.O.'ed as soon as they come off of Spawn Protection?

Unless you are telling me that these Seeker groups consist of around the max number of forces allowed by one side all camped one on top of the other at the single spawn point for the opposing nation in the area?

Also, I feel like I need to point out that as of the current point in time, if you remove the rewards for Nation Wars... the Q.Q'ers that are currently complaining about the lack of value of Dragon Quest Items will just have one more reason to quit the game en masse.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you take the tokens out the high levels will go back to Nirvana and quit whining about having to share with lower levels and those of us who actually want to have fun can. From now on all the tokens I get I'm NPCing, it's dirty money and I don't want it.

Then ppl who "can't" go nirvy (unwanted class, gears considered too low or who cannot just solo it) will go back to whining about ppl who make millions farming nirvy ? I'm not saying that would bother me, I can actually solo caster nirvy fast enough to have made tons of money fast in there, but... I thought that ppl who were being left out of nirvy were actually happy of being given a viable option to make money ? o.o

I sense that whatever the devs will do to this game, there will always be ppl who complain b:surrender
  • Era_Saga - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    so if people are setting up seekers at spawn points in order to utilize Vortex to kill the freshly spawned people... why are those self same people who are under Spawn Protection (and thereby invincible I might add) not moving outside of the Seeker's Radius of Effect so as to prevent themselves from getting K.O.'ed as soon as they come off of Spawn Protection?

Unless you are telling me that these Seeker groups consist of around the max number of forces allowed by one side all camped one on top of the other at the single spawn point for the opposing nation in the area?

Let me try to explain a little better what was happening in tonight's NW. In at least two battles I saw this. The seekers had vortex up at the spawn points. When you first enter you don't have spawn protection, you only get that when you are killed (plus you don't have the free buffs until you talk to the NPC). Since they had the seekers at the spawn points many people were killed within seconds of entering. They then had other people camped around the spawn points and maybe two of three people going for the flag. All the others were camped.
    If you died when you entered it meant all your pots were in cool down and your genie has no energy. 15 seconds of protection doesn't let you get very far away. And I'm not sure if this is a glitch, or maybe it's suppose to be that way some people were being stunned even with protection so they never even had a chance to leave the spawn point.

In the one battle we were just trying to get them away from the spawn point and could not even try for the flag. In that battle it worked, I know they used the tactic at least once more. Whether they used it else where, not sure. In the second battle it did not work as well because we had a large number of R9's. But then our side ended up getting ticked and retaliated by spawn killing them, basically sinking to their level.

This sort of behavior is deplorable, and for what, maybe 1 or 2 extra tokens. If they take the tokens out, maybe people can regain a few of their morals.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This sort of behavior is deplorable, and for what, maybe 1 or 2 extra tokens. If they take the tokens out, maybe people can regain a few of their morals.

They won't regain anything xD They'll just quit doing NW and then you'll have almost none to fight against.
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Taking away the sole reason to actually participate in Nation Wars in the first place, just so you can punish a few people that actually figured out a way to win without straining themselves too harshly? Yeah that seems reasonable.

If your that concerned about it, get out of the Vortexes as soon as you see them, either by flying away, or running away. The likelyhood that these Seekers are Demon Seekers (and thereby have a Stunning Vortex) is extremely small because Demon is about the best thing that a Seeker can do to Nerf himself in every regard except for the Vortex. So by and large the only thing you need to do is to escape the vortex before it mows you down, which shouldn't be that hard to do.

As for the rest of what you said, well honestly I think that the Spawn Protection is only meant to keep you from dying right off the bat. I don't think it is meant to make you immune to secondary effects from attacks. Otherwise it would be a stupid broken status effect, even if it is only for like 15 seconds. 15 seconds is a fairly long time to essentially be in "God Mode" during a PvP scenario if you ask me.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The simple fact is ~ that too help curb the amount of spawn point gankings would be for {PWi} to recruit some of us other players as part time NW (REFs/GMs) where we could simply (stealth port) into the battleground territories as they begin to occur during the NW times and stake out some of them to watch for the camper wannabes, and then simply hit the 'Bye Bye Button' on the (GM Commands Listing) and send them on a varying levels of punishment suspension times (Say the first time they get caught ~ its a 1 day suspension/ 2nd ~ 1 week / 3rd ~ 1 month & etc.)b:chuckle

b:embarrass"I'm quite sure they'd get the point, if {PWi} would hire some of us, for such part-timer spots."b:sin

• Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. It's not all about the money, PWI players are just down-right competitive, look at TW for that.
    2. This country? it's perfect world INTERNATIONAL, not 100% of the players are from USA(which is the country I assume you are talking about) I personally am from New Zealand.
    3. Even though it may be dirty money, why would you NPC your tokens, that's just plain stupid, time to get off your high horse mate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    WTB a QQ button...so each time a boy with his dreams crushed starts whinning i can just tag that guy as a cryer so i wont be forced to see his "enlightened" thoughts on the forum
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When you first enter you don't have spawn protection, you only get that when you are killed (plus you don't have the free buffs until you talk to the NPC).

You stop getting the Overseer's Blessing when you hit 100 so most ppl in NW don't get them.

You can always leave the battlefield which I usually if its too lopsided in either direction. Because that reduces my money. When I see a battle that's 10 vs 10 I know I hit the jackpot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I disagree with removing tokens. Even as a pure PvE player, who rarely gets to participate in NW, I had the chance to join last night, albeit late. I had my *** handed to me many times by OP players, had my *** handed to me by spawn killers just out of the spawn point radius while my health was low, but so what. I did my best defending the flag or the flag carrier, joined in some hella fun battles, actually had some kills for the first time, and made a decent number of tokens. I don't sell them as I am saving them up for my own gear. It was fun, and I don't care why others go to NW. Farm it, grief it, whatever.

As I see it, there will always be people better equipped, better at PvP, better at game mechanics, than I will ever be.

I'm just glad I had a rare opportunity to play in NW last night, and as long as I focus on my having fun, I don't care what others do.

The one change I wish for is after death you have full health and a full stam genie. That might give people a little more fighting chance after death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't want to go back to "LF 4 5.0 +10 sin for multi runs". Nope.

NW is an awesome thing with the most ****ed time zone ever. The event itself is fine but the timing sucks very badly as such a major farming isntance. Real **** move the devs did there imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited January 2013
    I don't want to go back to "LF 4 5.0 +10 sin for multi runs". Nope.

NW is an awesome thing with the most ****ed time zone ever. The event itself is fine but the timing sucks very badly as such a major farming isntance. Real **** move the devs did there imo.

I think OP just doesn't get much tokens in NW and so is making this post b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nblop - Archosaur
    Nblop - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If your character can't handle their vortex damage, Don't QQ to spawn point killer.
    It's your personal fault that got kill at spawn point that cant handle their vortex damage.

Make your character's gear to good enough for NW or Do not join NW so you will not get spawn kill.

b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
    Dark Masterz
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In my opinion the reward tokens we get from this event have totally ruined it. Instead of it being a fun event for people to do it has now become a farming instance. And lets face it, in this country most people would step on their own mother to make a quick buck.

People have gotten so desperate to win tokens that they now have groups of seekers setting up vortex at spawn points, killing people as soon as they enter. Everyone is camping spawn points and resorting to low blow tactics to win. It's interesting watching how far greed will make a person sink.

I agree with you on the part people don't do it for fun the forst and second NW people had fun, now people rage constantly, some rage quit in middle if their nation do bad... people think so much to the reward that they forget to have fun doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Morrzan - Sanctuary
    Morrzan - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its a game. You get to choose to have fun.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Let's triple the amount of rewards instead then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Era_Saga - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    I think OP just doesn't get much tokens in NW and so is making this post b:chuckle

Last night our nation was not in first and I still managed to make 65 tokens. I don't care about the tokens I just want to have fun.
    If your character can't handle their vortex damage, Don't QQ to spawn point killer.
    It's your personal fault that got kill at spawn point that cant handle their vortex damage.

Make your character's gear to good enough for NW or Do not join NW so you will not get spawn kill.

b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks

No, it's not my fault that others use nasty tactics to win, I don't spawn kill. I was able to escape the vortex they were doing, but I stayed behind to try to get them away from the spawn point to help others. It's not dying that bothers me, it's the behavior. It's petty and unnecessary. And for my level my gear is fine.

I think we all know the only people that would defend spawn campers are those who do it themselves.
  • Era_Saga - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    slamstone wrote: »
    WTB a QQ button...so each time a boy with his dreams crushed starts whinning i can just tag that guy as a cryer so i wont be forced to see his "enlightened" thoughts on the forum

Dreams? What dreams are you talking about? I can assure you none of my dreams in any way revolve around PW.

Also I'm not a boy. I'm female and long pass my youth.

I wonder if maybe that is not a problem. As an older and more mature person fair playing is important to me. Whether you win or lose, it's the effort you put into that matters. For me when I leave NW it's the pride of a job well done that is my reward, not the tokens. But I am starting to see that I am a very small minority when it comes to that school of thought, and frankly that is sad.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    On spawn killing, I think some players tend to greatly exagerate the effects of this. Even against R9rsX, just flying away or using speed apos should allow you to escape much more often than not. Few spawn campers make for tenacious pursuers and even players without charms or autopots can easily recover sufficiently to at least make a stand when employing this tactic. Personally I prefer fighting, as a sage veno Master Li's technique can allow me to cast Bramble Hood before the invincibility effect is over, and purging oponents makes it easier for those respawning on my side to deal with campers. I also keep chi pots handy. Yes, much as in any other type of fight I'm sometimes overwhelmed by endgame geared people, but I also get my fair share of kills amongst would be campers, it really isn't something to despair about, especially when you come to understand that as frustrating as this tactic may seem when you're on the receiving end, the guys on the other side are also competing amongst themselves for kills and sometimes, especially when you find yourself in lopsided battles, the only way to get them is going for the people respawning. Spawn camping however selects your oponents, as the less effective rivals are weeded out it eventually leads to stronger oposition. In individual battles, sides that choose to focus on spawn camping over flag carrying do often lose whatever advantage they may have had at the begining, as well as the territory itself.

Mass PvP remains a far more fun way of farming however much more convenient instance runs may apear to some players... The idea of taking away the rewards would not only kill the event (take PQ as an example, much more entertaining PvE than spanking bosses but practically dead because of insufficient incentives) but would hurt all those players not a part of the farming elites, who are at least now sharing in the loot, however minimal their rewards may seem to some. Bad idea...
    edited January 2013
    On spawn killing, I think some players tend to greatly exagerate the effects of this. Even against R9rsX, just flying away or using speed apos should allow you to escape much more often than not. Few spawn campers make for tenacious pursuers and even players without charms or autopots can easily recover sufficiently to at least make a stand when employing this tactic. Personally I prefer fighting, as a sage veno Master Li's technique can allow me to cast Bramble Hood before the invincibility effect is over, and purging oponents makes it easier for those respawning on my side to deal with campers. I also keep chi pots handy. Yes, much as in any other type of fight I'm sometimes overwhelmed by endgame geared people, but I also get my fair share of kills amongst would be campers, it really isn't something to despair about, especially when you come to understand that as frustrating as this tactic may seem when you're on the receiving end, the guys on the other side are also competing amongst themselves for kills and sometimes, especially when you find yourself in lopsided battles, the only way to get them is going for the people respawning. Spawn camping however selects your oponents, as the less effective rivals are weeded out it eventually leads to stronger oposition. In individual battles, sides that choose to focus on spawn camping over flag carrying do often lose whatever advantage they may have had at the begining, as well as the territory itself.

Mass PvP remains a far more fun way of farming however much more convenient instance runs may apear to some players... The idea of taking away the rewards would not only kill the event (take PQ as an example, much more entertaining PvE than spanking bosses but practically dead because of insufficient incentives) but would hurt all those players not a part of the farming elites, who are at least now sharing in the loot, however minimal their rewards may seem to some. Bad idea...
    Adding to this about the spawn killing, never have I seen vortex on EVERY spawn point in a skirmish in NW. When you die, there are several spawn points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Taking away rewards is a bad idea. NW is a fun instance, but its sour when you get nothing. I spent 2 hours running around whacking people on the losing side and ended up with nothing...because we lost a lot of battles. Now i have nothing to replace the charms, pay repair costs, etc. with. I wanted to remain loyal to the nation i was stuck in, even if it was losing. I doubt many others did the same and thats why the drop was dramatic about halfway in.

It's still not very fair that i walk away with nothing after i spent that much time and coin on it. I expect something out of it. Even a couple of tokens would of been fine. So taking them away completely for everyone....pretty sure most people would say to hell with it. Then you really would be just bored and wasting time alone in the instance.
  • Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear
    Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here is an idea. make NW 60-99 then all the 100+ people can go back to nirvy. and NW will be a bit more on the even playing fields.

As far as spawn killing its poor sportsmanship and after making a couple of threads here and replying to last weeks NW QQ thread i have concluded that you cant change how people play, their greed, there ethics, or the way the talk or what they do no matter what good morals or values you have.

Solution? Dont go to NW and go back to nirvy.
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Adding to this about the spawn killing, never have I seen vortex on EVERY spawn point in a skirmish in NW. When you die, there are several spawn points.

I never seem vortex on any spawn period... not even a single constant aoe going off on spawn. Might taken op more seriously if he wasn't hiding behind an alt trolling bunch of idiots.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No matter how you look at it, NW with tokens or without tokens, 60 to 99 only, 101+ only, nirvy, casters, FC, world bosses, etc, not all will be satisfied with whatever choice PWI makes.

There will always be some high level 101+ fully geared groups that will act like morons, there will always be lower levels crying foul, there will always be people who don't care about others in the game and think only for themselves, there will always be people circumventing the system. It's the nature of MMOs from the dawn of MMOs. There will be bot farmers, hacks, griefers, powerlevellers, mega cash shoppers (f2p games), the list could go on and on. There will be people with billions of coins and people with virtually none.

While I don't like all aspects of NW, I just adapt, find ways to avoid the highly geared, or if not, die without complaining. It's just a game. If the game causes you more stress than fun, there are a few choices. Quit the game, adapt, hope PWI can implement some decent changes, play a.different game, or stop playing MMOs all together. Non are immune, and none are perfect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • KingClawX - Lost City
    KingClawX - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    without token and reward i wouldent waste my time going nw persiod.
    there way to many r9 for me to have fun and damn so much gank so the reward is as i see it a compensation for me to enjoy the fun cos seriusly how can anybody have fun getting one shooted or tree shooted constantly.

tho with the reward how it is now when i fight r9 i get bigger rewards if i survive some second wish make me happy at least my gear give me something.

hell yesturday nw there was this full r9 party wish seemed to be owning everyone but i survived gank afte gank untill the loses sign show up and i get 1300 personal point.

and nv was a terrible instance wish just made more and more sin aps toons so no ty.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here is an idea. make NW 60-99 then all the 100+ people can go back to nirvy. and NW will be a bit more on the even playing fields.

As far as spawn killing its poor sportsmanship and after making a couple of threads here and replying to last weeks NW QQ thread i have concluded that you cant change how people play, their greed, there ethics, or the way the talk or what they do no matter what good morals or values you have.

Solution? Dont go to NW and go back to nirvy.

The problem with people like you is you only think about the cannies and raptures, there's other rewards you know? Rewards that are untradable and unable to stash so how people will get the other rewards if NW is limited to 60-99??

Just for example the future new veno stuff gonna be by NW tokens and how much you bet that willl be stuff untradable and no able to stash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear
    Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The problem with people like you is you only think about the cannies and raptures, there's other rewards you know? Rewards that are untradable and unable to stash so how people will get the other rewards if NW is limited to 60-99??

Just for example the future new veno stuff gonna be by NW tokens and how much you bet that willl be stuff untradable and no able to stash.

People like me? i dont have anytoon over 94 and never had a toon higher. nor do i have any use for cannies and raptures... or anything else above my level... everyone else was throwing out dumb ideas i thought i would join in...
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd do it even without the rewards, same as I went to DT over and over just for the PK. It's just fun. And so sweet when you have the moments where two high R9ers are going for the flag carrier and you stun one, then turn and Smack the other just as they are setting up a demon Barrage. Moments like that are just what make it so damn much fun to do :)

For spawn killing, dunno. Might be the fact I choose places to attack from strategy, but there was only one time where they could have spawn killed me due to the attack squad breaking up into two territories, and once I saw it split I headed back to base. No reinforcements where our the existing composition wasn't strong enough, it was kind of a no-brainer.

Depending on how you define spawn killing, I might have done it. But I figure if someone is coming out trying to attack, they are fair game. If someone cluelessly goes in with no charm and spawns with low life and doesn't heal up during the very long window given to them, I will kill them. Don't know of any actual old-school (not people who think Rebirth or BH counts as old-school) wouldn't do that.

Coming prepared is an expectation, not an excuse. My charm ran out with 30 mins left and I adjusted the way I played a bit and still managed 700+ contribution scores with no rank armor. And that is as a MELEE. This really sounds more like poor strategy in playstyle and choosing nation targets to me than anything else.

Though for the removal of the invulnerability period, is it possible some veno/genie is Purging it off of them? I know none of my skills/attacks work, but haven't bothered trying that out either, so dunno.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Era_Saga - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    I never seem vortex on any spawn period... not even a single constant aoe going off on spawn. Might taken op more seriously if he wasn't hiding behind an alt trolling bunch of idiots.

This is my main, my avatar is just broken; I'm way above level 10.

In the one battle last night I counted 15 opponents at our spawn point. And none of them were running the flag, they were just spawn killing.