Not recieving change pasword email after filling in "Forgot ID" page?

Risen_Tide - Archosaur
Risen_Tide - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Support Desk
I've filled in the forgot ID page with my email and clicked recover password yet I haven't recieved the email? this has happened to me a few times and I've been waiting for hours.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Playing Archosaur server since June 2010 b:victory
Marshal of Obsidian
~A naked TW is a fun TW~ b:laugh
Post edited by Risen_Tide - Archosaur on

Comments

• SilvaZodiac - Heavens Tear
    SilvaZodiac - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Your best bet is to submit a ticket and hope that you get a more helpful response than I did with this exact same issue. (I am starting to wonder if it is actually a web issue that they don't bother to fix for some reason.) Hope you have your secret question and answer ready as well.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    (As I have stated in here somewhere before, and you could have found using the forum search feature...)
    Check your spam filter. It likely ate the mail.
    (^from the first result)
    Check your spam folder. Also, with some ISP's even though you download your mail using outlook or some other mail software, they have another spam filter on their servers that you can only see if you log in via a web browser. Be sure to check both places.

Failing that, send an e-mail to customerservice@perfectworldinc.com explaining your situation.
    (^ from the second result)

That should pretty much take care of it, and it only took be 20 seconds to perform that search.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • SilvaZodiac - Heavens Tear
    SilvaZodiac - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not everything is solved by a search bar, sadly, Allisandre. At least in my case with this issue, it was not a spam filter causing this at all. Nothing was turning up in Junk or showing as blocked in other ways.

Which leaves one to ask PWI - if, once again, this is not a spam filter issue, why is this still an issue after months?

Though I suppose this is not the first time potential server problems have been ignored by staff. Welcome to free gaming? I know.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not everything is solved by a search bar, sadly, Allisandre. At least in my case with this issue, it was not a spam filter causing this at all. Nothing was turning up in Junk or showing as blocked in other ways.

Which leaves one to ask PWI - if, once again, this is not a spam filter issue, why is this still an issue after months?

Though I suppose this is not the first time potential server problems have been ignored by staff. Welcome to free gaming? I know.
    Actually, if you had searched, and followed that second post I quoted, you could have resolved your issue without ever posting.

Sure it's possible that the system errored on your account and did not send the mail. You're the one in one million who may be affected by some minor bug in the system. (much smaller than those who were affected by having the slash in their names.) It is much harder to track down and fix an issue when you only have it happening to 5 people out of five hundred thousand. In fact, that's usually something that gets pushed to the back burner over other much larger issues.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith