[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 1-3-2013 [CANCELED]

Options
2»

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Obvi cleric. Purify and Rez stops any zombies. And if there is just too many, they have a natural ability to fly in the air up and away from any zombie danger.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    GM: Until they took their gear off an entire server couldn't even take them down on the moon island.

As for build, I dunno; stocky? Don't think they get much exercise in the cubicle farm.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Cleric to revive the zombies into people.

Assassin to stealth and run away.

Barb to pretend to be a cat.

BM to say **** you all lets fight boys.

Archer to pew pew then get to be a zombie pew pew.

Psy would just die.

Wizard for the DB perma kill just sit there all day turning zombies to ash till they all dead.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Risen_Tide - Archosaur
    Risen_Tide - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Oh, just thought of another question - have you guys fixed the 'supply stash' issue yet?

It's not an issue, they removed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Playing Archosaur server since June 2010 b:victory
    Marshal of Obsidian
    ~A naked TW is a fun TW~ b:laugh
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    b:laugh dead fish
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Psy would just die.

Psy's with there hoodoo voodoo could be the ones to start it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • jrezcakes
    jrezcakes Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Wiz, Will of the Phoenix pushes them back, hailstorm keeps um at bay, and ulti's blow them to smithereens. Plus heals. Basically, a bm with knockbacks and a heal for others.
  • PsychicTuna - Harshlands
    PsychicTuna - Harshlands Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Psy's with there hoodoo voodoo could be the ones to start it all.

I DIDN'T DO IT!!! b:avoid

I'd say barb... Reason: Arma... b:dirty
    *Explodes into Tuna* ._.

Mains:

Doom_Panda- 102 R9 partial 3rd cast Sage Barb 29k HP.
    Dawnx - 100 Demon Cleric.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Demon Mystic.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Archer.... fly pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BaronSamedi - Dreamweaver
    BaronSamedi - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I DIDN'T DO IT!!! b:avoid

I'd say barb... Reason: Arma... b:dirty

It was me b:avoid
  • Astraelys - Raging Tide
    Astraelys - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    For a zombie apocalypse you should have this skill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUJmYxVBlsg

b:thanks

or being a archer Fly BoA BoA and BoA (like kaname Madoka)
  • ChuuBR - Raging Tide
    ChuuBR - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Archer.

Patch:
    #edit
    maintenance canceled
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Bad question. Cleric purify stops zombie apocalypse before it starts.

You are right...cleric would be the best then.
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    This guy is doing it right.

And even if you couldn't purify the zombies, everyone knows, heas and res hurts and kills zombies the quickest!

No way!! Rez and purify is only a "one at a time" option - elf would be overwhelmed by zombie swarm and chomped.

Has to be a BM - as stated previously - AOE STUN and AOE attacks - BUT a healer to purify and heal the BM (if needed) would be an excellent option.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Wizard of course. Just burn them all.
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Sorry to inform you all of the unfortunate news,
    But maintenance has had an emergency cancel tonight.
    So keep playing to your heart's content; dawn's early light,
    while we work to guarantee next week's patch for you.

Sleep well; play swell!

b:bye
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Tonight's maintenance question:

What class and build would do the best in a zombie apocalypse?

Thanks!

- The PWI Team

UPDATE: Maintenance is canceled for tonight! We'll be scheduling maintenance for next Tuesday, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

gonna make patching tricky b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Archer obviously, for ranged headshots.

Also to the people saying BM/Seeker/etc. for AoEs....Archers have AoE headshot. Barrage is AoE and the arrows come from above. We also have stealth and leap, Alacrity, and evade buffs.

Then our run speed/evade buff would actually be useful...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    On the zombie apocalypse thing, deffinitively veno. You can go Fox, which will make you likely to be ignored by Romero type zombies and will provide you with better agility and more places to hide and sneak through against Boyle type infected. In both scenarios you'll get the advantage of enhanced animal senses. Also your food/water requirements will be much easier than a barbie's and you can hunt in even urban environments, making long term survival more likely. The companionship of pets will help preserve your sanity and provide for capable lookouts when you do have to go to sleep. AA is the better build for this scenario of course, as you do want to avoid melee fighting and you get better AoEs (Nova's seal should help prevent any bites) in case things turn south. Finally, venos are basically walking bio weapons, meaning they can bring down already diseased foes fast or accelerate the natural decomposition of undead in their area.

b:victory
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Archer obviously, for ranged headshots.

Also to the people saying BM/Seeker/etc. for AoEs....Archers have AoE headshot. Barrage is AoE and the arrows come from above. We also have stealth and leap, Alacrity, and evade buffs.

Then our run speed/evade buff would actually be useful...

anyone who didnt say archer doesnt know anything about zombies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear
    Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    UPDATE: Maintenance is canceled for tonight! We'll be scheduling maintenance for next Tuesday, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Please make up your minds
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    After reading through the thread I think people missed the Apocalypse part. This means either "there's no more room in hell" or the infection can't be cured, making clerics useless in both scenarios. Same for melees, you can't really fight zombies at close range for long and all a zombie has to do to get a seeker is freaking crawl... As for Archers they'll only last as long as their amo. I'll stick to veno for long term survival, even on a Resident Evil type thing it's the only class that can use their magic to create something edible (foxes do eat "bugs").

Edit; Yes, on second thought Mystics can even do salads, but they wouldn't survive long enough to, so it's a moot point.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Veno, Golem with unlimited endurance kills all zombies.

Just going to quote myself here b:chuckle
  • CalypsoLv - Archosaur
    CalypsoLv - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Nice... maintenance canceled, i am waiting for my DQ update 8 days now, i hoped after tonights maint they're gonna be updated, but no, maint canceled,t'is just ridiculous. b:cryb:surrender
  • Ahmas - Archosaur
    Ahmas - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    WHY CANT YOU AND JD GET YOUR MAINT TIMES RIGHT??? b:angryb:angryb:angry
    Seekers = OP DD Clerics b:dirty

avi fail, lvl 101 char >.>
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    For a zombie apocalypse you should have this skill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUJmYxVBlsg

b:thanks

or being a archer Fly BoA BoA and BoA (like kaname Madoka)

Puella Magi !b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Romeoe - Raging Tide
    Romeoe - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    After reading through the thread I think people missed the Apocalypse part. This means either "there's no more room in hell" or the infection can't be cured, making clerics useless in both scenarios. Same for melees, you can't really fight zombies at close range for long and all a zombie has to do to get a seeker is freaking crawl... As for Archers they'll only last as long as their amo. I'll stick to veno for long term survival, even on a Resident Evil type thing it's the only class that can use their magic to create something edible (foxes do eat "bugs").

Edit; Yes, on second thought Mystics can even do salads, but they wouldn't survive long enough to, so it's a moot point.

You're forgetting about the morai sword and the r8 sword for seekers unfortunately.

Due to the propellers on the morai sword, naturally this creates a cyclonic column of air around the seeker causing crawling zombies to be sucked up into the blender.

A similar situation occurs with the r8 sword due to its wing like structure the aerodynamics dictate that the whole vortex creates a gigantic propeller of a slightly greater radius and of much higher force than the morai weapon causing not only an area of reduces pressure below to suck up the crawling zombies but also to blast jumpin ones that try to leap over the path of the blade.

However note, this does not work for hybrid seekers sharing light armour gear with their bms or sins and archers. The armour must be heavy enough to keep the seeker on the ground and not be caught up and fly off the seeker
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    On the zombie apocalypse thing, deffinitively veno. You can go Fox, which will make you likely to be ignored by Romero type zombies and will provide you with better agility and more places to hide and sneak through against Boyle type infected. In both scenarios you'll get the advantage of enhanced animal senses. Also your food/water requirements will be much easier than a barbie's and you can hunt in even urban environments, making long term survival more likely. The companionship of pets will help preserve your sanity and provide for capable lookouts when you do have to go to sleep. AA is the better build for this scenario of course, as you do want to avoid melee fighting and you get better AoEs (Nova's seal should help prevent any bites) in case things turn south. Finally, venos are basically walking bio weapons, meaning they can bring down already diseased foes fast or accelerate the natural decomposition of undead in their area.

b:victory

YES. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Mystics of course. They are undead anyway (ressbuff - they died and instantly ressed themselves so many times they are something like condensed ghosts) so what can a zombie do to them to be honest? b:bye
    Also mystics have DEMONS on their side! I would love to see how zombies escape from Cragg.
  • Lord_Mot - Harshlands
    Lord_Mot - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Does this means no Saturday Morai PQ event, since it requires a server reset?
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that understand binary and those that don't.b:chuckle