What is the #1 Reason you drop squad?

Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear
Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
What is the main reason you drop a squad in the middle of a run?

For me it would be if people are constantly yelling at me. I'll drop it like it wasnt nothing and find another squad.

So what's your reason?
Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
Post edited by Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Amarillea - Raging Tide
    Amarillea - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the #1 reason for me when i have to wait too long

Im jsut too impatient i guess T_T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If someone scam or if the cleric doesn't heal at all. it happen to me a few time when I was playing wizz to leave in caster cause the cleric was in VD refusing to heal and no mystic so I was dying constantly and other too and he wasn't ressing as well. (after the boss was dead beside ress dead people he was tele to the next boss and leaders seems to always be the people that don't have the balls to kick)

Other than that I don't leave squad even if that fail, except if it's 3 times in ws we defend pav and people fail I won't go for a 4th time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If leader goes afk with lead, so cannot continue, i dont wait over 15 min usually.
    If squad is too stupid. keep dieng/dcing, afk'ing w/e it may happen i leave. but it's very rare i do tho.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    if the squad ends up with a load of afk-ers, and there is another invite waiting for me. Other than that i usually end up staying since my seeker is able to run most instances without much help. Havnt had any super bad squads in warsong or lunar farming so thats so far good...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    With a bunch of plvl-ers. Cause endless deaths and yet still bragging about their "skills" and their cs-ed gears.

Also when in 90s fcc squad, with a present of cleric AND mystic. They want to glitch. Enough said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    for ppl who think that to make an fc u just have to sit down until the sin kills the shades, or because u find a lunar squad with 2 r9 that dies in front of ur face and u keep the aggro and the squad life b:byeb
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If I was invited to a squad speciiiiiifically to tank and another random person is invited to tank instead. Well, thanks. Then I think of how I cold have stayed and debuffed instead but damnit that's not why I went there in the first place and do I feel bad about it no D:< Probabily the only RQ squad scenario really.

If I played my cleric more, I'd probabily RQ alot of squads because I'm too assertive to be a peaceful cleric in the treatment they get that's so commonily raged about in-forum :x
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'll drop any squad when they boreds me... happens quite often too.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the #1 reason for me when i have to wait too long

THIS

I actually sometimes enjoy the challenge of making runs with obviously incompetent people but being made to wait for an unreasonable amount of time by an inconsiderate leader or their friends just blows my fuse. It's a very different thing when you're given a choice or an explanation (eg, have cleric coming in 5-10 minutes) but to have some jerk price checkcing gear while everyone else is inside the cave waiting is just unacceptable...

Yes, I do realize some pathetic lonely losers just do it for teh lulz...
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    DCing
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People trying to scam like "free lunar" runs but they get both EoDs for a 3m entry fee. Yea right. Also, I greatly dislike people that fill their squad with like 3 veno friends with tt99 weapon, then ask me to come on my sin because they need aps...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To get revenge in Warsong BH for the veno taking out a hit on me by bribing the cleric not to heal me. Surprised the heck out of her when I dropped squad, turned, and smacked the **** out of her with fists :) Apparently started a trend for a while where people in faction would keep dropping squad to pass the time waiting on timer by a little bit of friendly PK. Then alot of people copied them, and I lost interest.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People trying to scam like "free lunar" runs but they get both EoDs for a 3m entry fee. Yea right.
    thats not a scam thats a known method of farming just like how pple say free wine and used to ask for books before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh yea I forgot about that,if people go AFK for 10m with the lead or without say it, but if it's not the lead people just ask to kick and replace normally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't leave squads very often, I guess my patience and tolerance level is high but even that has a limit.

My latest squad dropping has been mainly with Warsong squads if they fail to defend the Pavilions a couple of times but that doesn't happen too often.

I generally hate when people AFK a lot or just make the squad wait for a reason or another. If there's a particular reason or an emergency I'll understand completely but otherwise it's just frustrating.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My #1 to drop squad is when Im not the leader b:chuckle
    Because otherwise I would kick whoever its being nubcake b:shutup
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    #1 -They don't deserve my help.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    If someone invites a 100+ to a lowbie BH squad when there is nothing wrong with the squad makeup as it is. Get tired of just watching someone else play the game and don't want to support noobs not knowing how to play because they hid behind level 100s for everything. It's getting ridiculous.

If someone goes afk too long (less than 5 minutes or so is alright by me)

Drop stealers\

People trying to scam like "free lunar" runs but they get both EoDs for a 3m entry fee. Yea right. Also, I greatly dislike people that fill their squad with like 3 veno friends with tt99 weapon, then ask me to come on my sin because they need aps...

That's a known method of farming, no different than someone automatically getting molds and books because they wined it. Not a scam.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Todds - Raging Tide
    Todds - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    slowpoke squads.
  • mastas
    mastas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    when people just takes way too long to come back from an "Afk" (30 mins is way too long to

go and grab a drink) other then that i don't drop unless the squad is really bad or just fail/too

many deaths b:surrender
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." b:cool
  • wushih14
    wushih14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1 word: Wipeoutb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Eyes like a sunrise, like a rainfall down my soul...'

Spearena|The blithe demon Archeress

~Signature made by me! XD
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I dont leave a squat so easilly. I try to be loyal. When i do FB59 for example, i join until everyone has completed their quests. Unfortunately that seems not to be the standard :(

Other than that, i do leave squad usually only in the first 5 minutes and only when it is really looking terrible. This would happen usually in FCC where i have found many failsquads when i was in the 70-80s level range and a failsquad could mean running for 4 hours and still not completing the exp room. If in the first 5 minutes it would look like a real failsquad i leave, if in those first 5 minutes i choose to stay, im in till the end and if needed login to other chars/call friends to finish the run whatever it takes.

kicking someone annoying from the squad does happen a little more often though :)
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm usually the squad leader so I don't leave that often. One thing that really ticks me off is if a cleric continues healing the barb if I'm clearly tanking with the excuse "awh sorrey me heal barb. barb is tank. me no like fish". It's annoying and I normally kick them or leave if I'm not the squad leader. Other than that, it's most often fail/always afking/rude clerics that make me rage quit. Barbs have been ok lately...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I very rarely drop squads even if someone is afk for a bit. One went afk for an hour while waiting to start a full delta run because her little kids needed her. The entire squad waited for her to come back

Once a BH 59 took over a few hours to run because half were lowbies trying to do culti quests

I'm very patient but I have my limits. The #1 reason I leave squads is because the puller and/or tank is so drunk they cause squad wipes or just pass out at the keyboard. Most times a drunk member is wallowing through a bitter RL breakup with a girlfriend. One guy I swore was so pathetic and depressed I thought he needed to be chatting with a crisis counselor on some hotline instead of causing squad wipes.

#2 reason is squad members are ex lovers or married but separated going through a nasty divorce in real life and they argue , name call, start screaming insults at each other in WC , attempting to get other squad members to take sides while the rest of us just want to kill the damn mobs and bosses. After 40 minutes of that I told them to call a therapist and dropped. Believe it or not I was in at least 5 squads with this kind of soap opera RL drama ****. I mean seriously, PW squad chat during a BH run is not the proper venue to wage an epic verbal battle over custody of the children.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I usually never leave squad... since I carry the squad! -trololol- b:chuckle

On a serious note however... the last time I remember ditching a squad midway in a run would be a long time ago when I was using OHT claws cause I was a poor noob. So we were doing Nirvana and this BM who had Striking Dragons +10 started hating on me and saying I was useless and should have been replaced with someone else. So I got fed up and left b:cry

On a happier note though, I'm proud to say that today he won't be able to say that since his gear hasn't changed at all since that time and is seriously outdated. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    thats not a scam thats a known method of farming just like how pple say free wine and used to ask for books before.
    That's a known method of farming, no different than someone automatically getting molds and books because they wined it. Not a scam.

I am guessing it feels like a scam because of money involved. A book/mold for most part is useless. So a cost of 40~60k vs 500k. The pay out is similar if the book is good and sells. 500k hurts the pocket more than 40~60k. That is why most might see it as scamming.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To reset instance. I can't think of any other reason why.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When the required target(s) in said instance have been eliminated. There's no longer a reason to remain with the party afterwards outside of certain conditions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When the task is completed or simply cannot be done because of various reasons.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013

It's not a scam but it IS a complete rip off. Wine for books is fair, they have a tiny droprate. I personally never saw a valuable book drop in the old bh's and probably saved quite a few mil on wine share over time. "Free" Lunar on the other hand is an instant 3-7m profit to one squad member for everyone elses hard work. No gamble like books, guaranteed money. You basically leech off a squad and steal their fair split. However... if people are stupid enough to go along with it, that's their choice and their fault.

On topic... the squads I do leave.

-"Free" Lunar. Either I instantly leave or troll the leader by offering to pay the fees and give everyone 100k in exchange that I get drops. b:chuckle

-Any squad where another player is kicked because of not having an OP weapon or for politely informing the squad they're new to the instance. I don't squad with leaders like that.

-A squad that asks weapon link. By this I mean BH and easy instances. I have a decent +10 weapon, but squad leaders that obsess over weapons are a big turn off.

-Squads that plan to charge into their doom. By this I mean things like squads that plan to tank bh69 with a 5k hp axe bm and a mystic. Or squads that plan to run BH Seat or Abba with no one in the squad over 9k hp.

Overall I very rarely leave squads though. I've stuck to squads that I was sure could never finish the instance/boss and been very surprised at times and had a lot of fun. I don't mind slow squads, I like to play at a relaxed pace. I don't mind how well refined people are. I don't mind players who are new to something if they're willing to learn. I don't mind tanking or supporting or sitting by or whatever the squad asks. After all, the game is meant to be played for the social experience.