Gear thread...again

AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Wizard
So this is my gear now. Just hit 101 today and got myself a shiny R9 ring! :D

Now my questions are:

Should I go for 4 armor pieces and belt...

Or should I just go for the weapon...

I can't afford everything at the moment so I want to know what I should do first...

Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Surreal_
Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
Post edited by AshenSkies - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Your wep is already pretty good. Difference between s1 r9 and s3 nirv isn't much. I'd think going for the gear first would be more effective.

Unless you have everything to s3 the wep, then, hell yeah, go for the wep.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    Your wep is already pretty good. Difference between s1 r9 and s3 nirv isn't much (can't remember, but I think s3 nirv has more atk levels) I'd think going for the gear first would be more effective.

Unless you have everything to s3 the wep, then, hell yeah, go for the wep.

Hahahaha sadly not :( I'm not that rich :(

I was playing around on PWCalc and I do like the look of just getting the armor and belt...as you said my wep is already quite nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hahahaha sadly not :( I'm not that rich :(

I was playing around on PWCalc and I do like the look of just getting the armor and belt...as you said my wep is already quite nice.

I was dead set against s2/s3 r9 for that same reason. Till nw made that volume of cannies/raps a bit more attainable.

Been debating lately.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd probably go armor first. Your wep is already pretty good.. and really the only things you can do to it are refine it more or start working towards 3rd r9. Your armor would be much less expensive to improve, and give you a lot more bang for your buck so to speak. If you were planning on 3rd r9 at some point, maybe start getting just regular r9 amor.. otherwise I'd go 3rd nv and skip r9 altogether.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Go for the armors, Nubreal. Your weap's good enough as is and won't be much improvement if it's all you can afford to get.

Or you could merch moar so you can go for third cast everything immediately. ijs
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    I'd probably go armor first. Your wep is already pretty good.. and really the only things you can do to it are refine it more or start working towards 3rd r9. Your armor would be much less expensive to improve, and give you a lot more bang for your buck so to speak. If you were planning on 3rd r9 at some point, maybe start getting just regular r9 amor.. otherwise I'd go 3rd nv and skip r9 altogether.

I was thinking of maybe some day getting to the whole 3rd cast part, but that would take a while.
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Go for the armors, Nubreal. Your weap's good enough as is and won't be much improvement if it's all you can afford to get.

Or you could merch moar so you can go for third cast everything immediately. ijs

I have never merchanted in my life!

EDIT: I have changed my mind a bit though. Just the 4 armor pieces and save the coin to refine/shard em a bit as well. Skip the belt for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    I have never merchanted in my life!

Exactly why you should merch moar. D;<
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Facerolled - Raging Tide
    Facerolled - Raging Tide Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    R9r2 weapon only is like what...1.1b?

Well worth it if you can afford it. However if you're only going to R9, then keep your G16.

Or for around the same price you can R9r2 full armour set, which will grant you basically the same perks as R9r2 weapon damage wise, (probably more) and defensively.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    boogiepanda | Demon Archer || Facerolled | Demon Wizard

tinyurl.com/PWIArcherWizardPvP
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    nope the price is falling weekly, currently on dw raps are at 200k so 1200 raps =240 million and 240 for cannies I think 500 millionish to upgrade the r9 weapon currently
  • Facerolled - Raging Tide
    Facerolled - Raging Tide Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ...I'm calculating R9, recasting and 2nd recasting since she doesn't have any pieces.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    boogiepanda | Demon Archer || Facerolled | Demon Wizard

tinyurl.com/PWIArcherWizardPvP
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    nope the price is falling weekly, currently on dw raps are at 200k so 1200 raps =240 million and 240 for cannies I think 500 millionish to upgrade the r9 weapon currently

Also the prices on your server are so derp. On lc raps are like 400k and cannies are like 80k.
This discussion has been closed.