Sharding for 3rd cast

G_tar_God - Dreamweaver
G_tar_God - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Archer
So most R9 archers wont be transfering their shards to their 3rd cast upgrades. Now the obvious choice in shards is gettin JOSD. But the prices are sky rocketing and it's becomin unrealistic. I know on DW, DoD prices are heading to 40mill ea.

So if JOSD were not an option, what would be a good way to go on shards? Or maybe doing a combo of JOSD for one piece and other shards for the other pieces? I was thinkin a combo of DoTs/Vit stones.

These are roughly the defenses unsharded r9 3rd cast would have (with my build)
http://pwcalc.com/cb67f043b71673f2

(has r9 1st cast bow still cos I wasnt plannin on gettin the wep yet xD )

Would love to get some suggestions, thx
G_tar_God ~ 104
Aussie represent for PWI

"Life without music would be a mistake..." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by G_tar_God - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    JOSD are still unanimously the best shards. I would leave unsharded till you can achieve that, or at least use cheap shards. If you plan to not ever go JOSD though, use vit stones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    JoSDs r not necessarly the best shards. Only shard with josd when you have the refines, otherwise you can easily get 1 shotted by a mystic.

I would say vit stones only if you just can't afford jades.
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    JoSDs r not necessarly the best shards. Only shard with josd when you have the refines, otherwise you can easily get 1 shotted by a mystic.

I would say vit stones only if you just can't afford jades.

Yea agreed. Vit stones can be better on a barb then josd. Order of priorities for gear in my opinion would be refines to +10, then decent shards, then refines to +12, Then josds b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Facerolled - Raging Tide
    Facerolled - Raging Tide Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yea agreed. Vit stones can be better on a barb then josd. Order of priorities for gear in my opinion would be refines to +10, then decent shards, then refines to +12, Then josds b:laugh

You're gather idiot levels pretty quickly ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    boogiepanda | Demon Archer || Facerolled | Demon Wizard

tinyurl.com/PWIArcherWizardPvP
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I did math on this subject recently and JoSD are quite massively better than anything else. I think I used 100 attack levels on enemy, I think I did it as I used O`malleys instead of Jones in effective health math, thus the attack levels were ~100 with worst possible roll pwi calc uses. I used O`malleys as only idiot would use Jones with the little def levels no JoSD builds have.

But back to math, I used +10 refines on everything and JoSD offer ~10% more effective health than vit stones. Then I did compare vit stones to DoDs and surprisingly vit stones were better along the lines of JoSD vs vit stones. But when it comes to Archosaur, doing JoSD you gain ~10% effective health vs 50% more expensive build than vit stones.

Ps. I`d never shard any DoTs on archer, you`ll simply end up too squishy for quite little gain in terms of dmg.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I used O`malleys as only idiot would use Jones with the little def levels no JoSD builds have.

You must be Geckofreak.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You must be Geckofreak.

You must have no idea of the mechanics. If you use vit stone build, youre def levels would be bit under 40 w/o O`malleys. Despite using O`Malleys, you`ll end up with over 100 attack levels, discounting the possible 10 extra attack level roll. For you to be useful, you gotta be alive and thus O`Malleys is obvious choice with low defense levels. I`d use jones with JoSD build but using same blessing gave me better idea of the difference to effective health.

Nobody says you cant swap to Jones when you IG/etc, thats what I do when I play my lowbie archer, but I do consider it just stupid to run around with Jones when you dont have any immunities popped. I`m not saying O`Malleys gives you massive boost to defenses but it`s still bigger than what Jones would give to attack compared to O`Malleys.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Troll_demon - Harshlands
    Troll_demon - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    dot in armor and garnet shard in weapon with jones blessing is best on archer
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You must have no idea of the mechanics. If you use vit stone build, youre def levels would be bit under 40 w/o O`malleys. Despite using O`Malleys, you`ll end up with over 100 attack levels, discounting the possible 10 extra attack level roll. For you to be useful, you gotta be alive and thus O`Malleys is obvious choice with low defense levels. I`d use jones with JoSD build but using same blessing gave me better idea of the difference to effective health.

Nobody says you cant swap to Jones when you IG/etc, thats what I do when I play my lowbie archer, but I do consider it just stupid to run around with Jones when you dont have any immunities popped. I`m not saying O`Malleys gives you massive boost to defenses but it`s still bigger than what Jones would give to attack compared to O`Malleys.

Why would you use a jones when you're under IG? You don't need the added attack level when you're attacking people. To think that sharding JoSD over something like immac citrines is silly. Anything over 100 attack level means your damage is reduced as if you have White Voodoo on as a psychic.

Silly people..
  • Troll_demon - Harshlands
    Troll_demon - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why would you use a jones when you're under IG? You don't need the added attack level when you're attacking people. To think that sharding JoSD over something like immac citrines is silly. Anything over 100 attack level means your damage is reduced as if you have White Voodoo on as a psychic.

Silly people..

that got to be pure bull **** when damage is reduce over 100 attack level -.-
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    She was trolling bro.

Some archers arrogance seriously amazes me... Especially when they don't know simple basics like which blessing to wear...

Back to the TOPIC at hand, yes josds are expensive. Something the game has to be?

It's not unachievable it just means you can't be bothered you you don't have the time to farm that money and you can't cs it.

Since we're talking about end game gear here I think it would be sensible to assume that one day you're going to have the refines for josd build to out survive a vit build.

The only other build I'd consider over josd is dot. Depends on whether you want your gear to tank for you and kill more people that way, or depend on your own skill for survival and kill more when you're in a position to not die lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • locker09
    locker09 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i still put dot over Josd. i mean if ur talking about survivability theres a lot of other thing u can do to survive pots,genie skill, own skill plus ur an archer ur suppose to be at the back dealing damage not on the front tanking so more damage i think for me is beneficial.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    josd, you cant kill anything when you are dead...b:chuckle
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've heard many opinions over the course of the last few months about dots vs josds for archers

Would a combination be so bad?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1