2»

Comments

• mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i have 2 additional keyboards at my feet
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    With My Face!!
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    1-9 tiger form skills
    f1-f8 human form skills (switching the bar between single target skills and aoe dmg)
    wasd-movement

mouse for the camera genie (besides 3 mains on hotkeys) and other (npc talk...ingame menu)

but thats for a barb...where every skill has to be smashed to get it out....compared to other classes (cough cleric....where from the keyboard im desperatly trying to stop the freaking heals from going in chain when i switch target)
  • thegreatgargame
    thegreatgargame Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I use the mouse for everything except an occasional pot that I have to use 1/2 (HP/MP) to fit in and ofc walking (WASD) b:laugh
    Well, that's as long as I have the mouse.. I play with the touch pad on my laptop from time to time xD
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I am using hotkeys mostly but I am clicking as well - I have too many skills/stuff to fit them in the a few hotkeys.

Basically 1-9 are for support skills (heals, pots, short buffs, assist in attack) and F1-F8 are offensive skills - except F8 which is my "fly" key. F4 is a funny key for me - I use it for Bramble Tornado (pushing skill) in pvp situations (like NW) and punishing string+lysing combo in pve situations (since people hate my aoe skills that seal mobs and Bramble Tornado won't push some mobs for some freaky reason anyway).

Anything that I dont have to use instantly (long time buffs, summon pets, herbs, fury, different effect pots) I put out of hotkeys and ckick them when needed.
  • KingCupac - Lost City
    KingCupac - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Move with clicks and use skills with hotkeys b:victory
    He don't like cougars
    He don't like moms
    He wants a 1 way ticket to a nursing home.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I do a bit of both, probably 65/35 leaning towards clicking. It's just more comfortable for me but I think PW is slow enough that clickers aren't at a huge disadvantage as some other faster-paced mmo's.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Both. And that's one of the things I like about PW, that you're fine with either. I remember in *a large P2P mmo* I once used to play, people would literally kick you from squads and bash you horribly for being a clicker or "keyboard turner". Being "mega pro" is nice and all, but games are a hobby and something I do to relax. Pretty much everything I need is hotkey'd though.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Depends. I typically use my left hand on the F keys, I only use F1 through F5. Everything else I click. I half and half use WASD to move and click to move. When it comes to some classes, like Psy, Wiz, BM... I sometimes will actually rotate my F key bindings with the V key. One row would have Water, the other Earth for Psy, Fire, Water, Earth for Wiz, Axe skills, then fist skills, and pole skills for BM.

I always have Fly bound to 4, HP pot bound to 2, MP pot bound to 3, and a pet heal, buff, or something similar on 1. Mount on 9, all class pets on 8, 7, sometimes 6. 5 Is usually unused.

Upper left on the number set (I play with the key slots expanded) is spark, below that Spark+, and below that Sage/Demon spark. If I have multiple gear or weapon sets, I'll have them in verticle colmns next to sparks, say, LA APS on left, HA AOE/def/non-aps gear to the right of it, or Bow and daggers next to eachother for ease of switching. The rest just comes down to where it fits, what I use or need (my archer's hotkeys are a freaking DISASTER, I have 3 bows, 2 crossbows, 3 slingshots, and 6 types of ammo plus fists up there).

I typically don't change it around too much. When I get new skills that are useful, like Auras for my Cleric, I sometimes have to move buffs/buff macros around.

Once, I actually challenged myself to play my BM by only using the skills list for activating skills. That meant dealing with not only moving by clicking, but having to move the box out of the way to see where I was going, who was attacking me, and where friendlies were. XD I can say, without a doubt, I won't do that ever again unless I absolutely have to!
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I use click to run
    1-9 for most used skills
    F1-F8 for buffs/genie skills/less used skills
    and my bars are extended so I click on hotkeyed pots/macros/weapon change/mount/rarely used skills etc.

Seems like I am one of the few that uses 1-9 for main skills, but my F1+ keys on this laptop are tiny and easy to misclick on, while the number keys are much more comfortable to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • XEffy - Dreamweaver
    XEffy - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Both \o/
    I use hotkeys for my main skills on 1-9 and then click for everything else above it, including the F bars.
    My laptop keyboard is lame since i have to press down Fn and the F key I need so it's much faster just clicking. b:chuckle
    Then I move around using keys and move the screen with my mouse most of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Things are not always how they seem
    Will you be ready?
  • The_Duke - Dreamweaver
    The_Duke - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i more or less click but as well i butten smash a few skills that are eazy to reach while moving with wasd .... so like 1-5 and f1-f5
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I play using a right handed mouse with my left hand clicking the spell bar and move with the num pad. Only time I use hotkeys is when in squad on my cleric, and that's for IH, BB, purify, and group heals
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I didn't voted cause I use both.

For the F1 to F8 and 1 to 9 I ise the hotckey for the rest I click. (like pots etc..)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Never used hotkeys since day 1...still wondering how i got 4 toons to 100 without hotkeys in this gameb:chuckle
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Everything with the right hand except if i happen to be spam healing my herc on veno. Then i just wedge in the heal key with my nail clips. So Im a full fledged clicker.

If i tried to use my left hand to run the keyboard everyone would think i didn't know my a-b-c's or 1-2-3's.
  • Crimson_Moon - Momaganon
    Crimson_Moon - Momaganon Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Combination of both, but I mostly use hotkeys when I'm tanking or PVP-ing.
  • Kaeriyr - Sanctuary
    Kaeriyr - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    My mouse has 12 buttons on the side, and my keyboard has an additional 5 buttons on the side for macros, so button smash I think
  • Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear
    Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    both, since i can only play the game one-handed (i have a disability that means i cant use my right hand properly) so i use mouse to move. (wasd for traps though) 1-9 for humanoid skills, press v and all my tiger skills replace, f's have essentials like pots, mounts and non combat stuff, i press ', then all my buffs and crab meats etc, go there.

Same... i have nerve damage that effects my entire rightside... everything on the left side of my keyboard is hotkeyed
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    sometimes click, sometimes gamepad(hotkeyed), sometimes faceroll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I use #3 on keyboard for auto attack, Auto-pot for Crabs/HP, and mouse for combos/skills/FC boss hand's adds. Should have added a option for a little bit of both.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I use both, screen buttons and keyboard hotkeys.

1 for auto atk, 2 for tackle slash, 3 for rising dragon, 4 for shadow jump, 5 for ribstrike
    f1 for take item, f2 for celestial eruption, f3 for earthen rift, f4 for subsea strike, f5 for knife throw

These 10 skills are the ones I always activate with the keyboard, all other I do with mouse.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|