Help? Can't Download

brig61
brig61 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Support Desk
Im new,

I click Download then open the file and it comes up witht he terms and conditions. I click agree then as soon as the next screen turns up (the screen where you choose where you want to save the game) just vanishes.

Can someone help me?

I am really sorry if their is another thread about this happening to someone else already but i can't seem to find one.
Post edited by brig61 on

Comments

• Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Yes there are several threads on this.

On the first page of this forum....
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1240171
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1023031
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1239301

On the second page of this forum....
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1238721

That's just posts that are less than 4 days old.

Read some of the responses in them to find one that fits your situation.

If not, Post More Information.

Note: The forums also have a "Search" function.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • brig61
    edited December 2011
    Still, it does not work. I simpily click on the installer and click "I agree" then it just vanishes, never to be seen again. I have tried deactivating my firewall and it made no difference.
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Run as administrator?
    Add the client folder to the exception list in your security software? (both real-time scan and regular scan)
    Download the client again via torrent with your security software disabled?
    Give us more information on your system?

Getting people to post info so we can actually help appears to be about as easy as soloing Jewelscalen when you get the quest for it.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • brig61
    edited December 2011
    Ok, i can get the installation thing to pop up but after you click accept it vanishes. It doesn't actually put anything onto my computer which i can right click to try again i have to press the download button everytime for it to pop up again.
  • ntegra
    ntegra Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm having the same damn problem its kind of pissing me off. Whenever i click Install it installs then it just opens my notebook program saying nothing.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    ntegra wrote: »
    I'm having the same damn problem its kind of pissing me off. Whenever i click Install it installs then it just opens my notebook program saying nothing.

You're not clicking install, you're using the downloader.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • rozy#2158
    rozy#2158 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm experiencing the same problem, too. I've tried downloading the game prolly like 10 times and it always stops whenever I'm on 99% and a box pops out saying "Failed to Download Perfect World International" and after that it uninstalls by itself. I don't have any antivirus and I have an updated software and everything. I hope someone can help me.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    rosyyyyy wrote: »
    I'm experiencing the same problem, too. I've tried downloading the game prolly like 10 times and it always stops whenever I'm on 99% and a box pops out saying "Failed to Download Perfect World International" and after that it uninstalls by itself. I don't have any antivirus and I have an updated software and everything. I hope someone can help me.

Double-check that you actually don't have antivirus. Most PC's come with it, it may be expired, but it can still be there. Also, Microshaft can sneak their own in via Winblowz updates.

Personally, I prefer the torrent download because it doesn't install bloatware on my system like the fake direct download does. Detailed instructions provided by SylenThunder here.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • rozy#2158
    rozy#2158 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My antivirus expired and removed it a long time ago. I tried downloading it in torrent, but still do the same thing it says failed to download and that there are some missing files. I tried uninstalling it and installing it for 10 times from what I said and it still does the same thing. Actually, I'm still trying to install it as of now. Uggghhh!!
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Not sure what to tell you. Something is preventing the download from completing, you just need to figure out what.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • ghostrider24
    ghostrider24 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ok PWI you need to get an updated version of Pando that is compatible with 64 bit or remove pando from the direct download. I have been trying for over 11 hours to get a full data pack 1 from the u torrent and still havent gotten it.
  • TaiaLeonhart - Dreamweaver
    TaiaLeonhart - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Im also having this issue, after the terms and agreement, it disappears and a small wordpad document pops up...
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Basically the pando booster sux try to find out install.exe in the downloaded folder if you can't then redownload the game via torrent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • filipenogueras
    filipenogueras Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Even via Torrent it happens. I've tried to download with both ways, simply impossible to play at the moment.

Client crashes and broken intallation files.
    edited December 2012
    Yeah...I just tried Torrent, and a window option popped up,

Windows can't open this file:

File: PWI_v676_Installer (1).torrent

To open this file, windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.

I wish they would fix this soon...I love perfect world v.v

Strangely, it's saying I joined in December 2012, but I joined a year or so ago...
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    You need torrent software to use the torrent methond. (Google is your friend, that would have been a quick solution.)
    On the forum, Join date is actually when you first posted, not when you joined. I started November 2008, but look at my join date.

Also, found you some instructions using the forum search feature.
    No, the torrent method is faster than the Pando method.

Since you're having trouble clicking the link and reading the instructions, here they are.

1. Download and install torrent software. (I recommend utorrent.)
    2. Click on the "Download Torrent" link on the Downloads page.
    3. Once the download is finished, go to the directory your completed downloads are in and you will see a file named "PWI_v658_Installer.rar".
    This is a compressed file. you will need something to unpack it. (I use ALZip)
    If you right-click on the file, there should be an option to "Extract to 'PWI_v658_Installer\'". Click that and it will unpack the file into a directory with the same name as the file.
    4. Temporarily disable the active scan for your antivirus software.
    5. Once the file is done unpacking, navigate to that folder. (Hint: It should be "Downloads\PWI_v658_Installer".
    6. In this folder there is a file called "install.exe". Run it. (If you have Vista or newer, right-click and choose "Run as Administrator.)
    7. Follow the directions to install the client.
    8. After the client is done installing, add the directory where it installed to the exceptions list for your antivirus software. (The default folder location is "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International")
    9. Launch the client using the icon that was placed on your desktop during the install and let it update.
    8b. Launch the client and then close it before it updates, and then download the manual patches and install them. (Manual method is about 80% faster than automatic.)
    10. Play

Read step 1 carefully. >.<

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • TroubleIsMe - Dreamweaver
    TroubleIsMe - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same happening to me. Its quite frustrating.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a total of 12 times today, and still the same results. A small notepad window opens when I finish my download, and I cannot start the installation process. I've currently uninstalled once again and am trying the torrent download, as if that will make any difference. I'm keeping my fingers crossed just in case.
    Silly boys, games are for girls! b:chuckle
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Same happening to me. Its quite frustrating.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a total of 12 times today, and still the same results. A small notepad window opens when I finish my download, and I cannot start the installation process. I've currently uninstalled once again and am trying the torrent download, as if that will make any difference. I'm keeping my fingers crossed just in case.

What you're describing isn't installing. The first thing you download is a little file that installs software that downloads the client installation files. Once it finishes downloading the client, it completes the process by running the install. Unfortunately, it is improperly configured and runs the autorun.ini file instead as if it were a CD-Rom. Your PC opens this file in Notepad when it is run without being loaded from a CD.

What you need to do, is to go to the folder where the files were downloaded. (Something that was shown to you while you were clicking away during the initial program installation to download the files.) Find the install.exe file, and click on it.

Don't forget to disable the active scan of your antivirus and add the client directory to the exception list after it installs. (This requires paying attention once again to the dialogue boxes that everyone seems to be clicking mindlessly on.)

If you actually read and follow the directions, you will have no issues. Why so many of you are unable to grasp this is beyond me.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • saramayfair2
    saramayfair2 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Don't forget to disable the active scan of your antivirus and add the client directory to the exception list after it installs. (This requires paying attention once again to the dialogue boxes that everyone seems to be clicking mindlessly on.)

If you actually read and follow the directions, you will have no issues. Why so many of you are unable to grasp this is beyond me.

Wow you are extremely snotty and condescending. ijs
    edited December 2012
    Currently working on the Torrent downloading, and onward to the compressing part. I hope yours'll work too, Trouble D:

And Alliesandre, thank you very much for your help. ^^;
  • TroubleIsMe - Dreamweaver
    TroubleIsMe - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What you're describing isn't installing. The first thing you download is a little file that installs software that downloads the client installation files. Once it finishes downloading the client, it completes the process by running the install. Unfortunately, it is improperly configured and runs the autorun.ini file instead as if it were a CD-Rom. Your PC opens this file in Notepad when it is run without being loaded from a CD.

What you need to do, is to go to the folder where the files were downloaded. (Something that was shown to you while you were clicking away during the initial program installation to download the files.) Find the install.exe file, and click on it.

While EXTREMELY snotty and condescending, this DID work! I had to go into a file folder and find the application called install.exe ... where i went wrong in my thinking is that i assumed that i was downloading an INSTALLER PROGRAM that would be automatic. This is NOT an automatic process... I did have to go in and find the install.exe and run it.

Your snotty and hateful remarks helped me. Hopefully they will also help someone else *I bow down to your holy and righteous snotty butt*
    Silly boys, games are for girls! b:chuckle