DoT on 3st R9?

Options
jarxaxle
jarxaxle Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Psychic
Hey all,

i have a 2st R9 Psy going to 3st R9 in few days. So my question is, if it better going full DoT or other gems like JOSD or Citrine?

I heared that full DoT is easy to kill and have not much HP.
So could you help me to choose the right way?
Post edited by jarxaxle on

Comments

• Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    if u are r9 and easy to kill without any shards... u doin something way wrong... do what fits your playstyle and funds and what u prefer... obviously : josd, dots, vit stones, phys def, or gaia stones... going all out with def lvls or atk lvls, some like to do all vit... it is best to do some mixxing of stones, but only if u want all around increases... all around increases is nice, but might not fit ur playstyle... i was thinking 1 phys def, +2 def lvls and either 2 atk lvls or 1 atk lvl / 1 vit stone... but have since figured another set up will eventually be more fun b:chuckle im probly gonna go glass cannon... hope this gives ya some idea which way u might wanna go...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I prefer DoT's since any halfway decent psy can use the multitude of immunities available to survive and dish out a lot of hurt. JoSD's are for lazy or bad psy's, but given the proliferation of skills that ignore atk/def levels, Drakeflames might be the better defensive option.
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If you are buffed the DoTs are better (If you are fighting someone that is full JOSD), but once purged the JOSD are better.

The reason I say they other person needs to be full JOSD is because as a rank9 3rd cast psy you can have around 150 attack levels and most people dont have more then lets say 50 ish def level if they arnt full JOSD. In my experience when you have over 100 attack level than your target you barely see any difference in damage between 100 attack level more or 124 more attack level (maybe like 200 damage). Although now my debate on the DoT's is they add more to your SoR and Damage over time skills so can be quite useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • GorgWasHere - Heavens Tear
    GorgWasHere - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If you are buffed the DoTs are better (If you are fighting someone that is full JOSD), but once purged the JOSD are better.

The reason I say they other person needs to be full JOSD is because as a rank9 3rd cast psy you can have around 150 attack levels and most people dont have more then lets say 50 ish def level if they arnt full JOSD. In my experience when you have over 100 attack level than your target you barely see any difference in damage between 100 attack level more or 124 more attack level (maybe like 200 damage). Although now my debate on the DoT's is they add more to your SoR and Damage over time skills so can be quite useful.

I had over 150 attack lvls with s1 r9. I killed anything but died too if not careful.

I think I'm still at the top ranking for psys in pvp... havent played this game in such a long time!

b:bye

Gorg
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    stick on JOSD, unles u wanna be a glass cannon b:surrender if u go to full dot on bv u r gonna loose ur tanking power
  • Mythar - Momaganon
    Mythar - Momaganon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    So thats my actually psy ;)

http://pwcalc.com/b1bdd948e83d02ff

+Jones Blessing

I know that im a realy Class Cannon but i have fun with my psy and thats the main thing.b:pleased
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

+Jones Blessing

I know that im a realy Class Cannon but i have fun with my psy and thats the main thing.b:pleased

*Steals rrr9*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

+Jones Blessing

Your pdef...**** glass. You're a dandelion cannon. A gust of wind would melt you.
  • Orouhimie - Heavens Tear
    Orouhimie - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I prefer DoT's since any halfway decent psy can use the multitude of immunities available to survive and dish out a lot of hurt. JoSD's are for lazy or bad psy's, but given the proliferation of skills that ignore atk/def levels, Drakeflames might be the better defensive option.

At the part highlighted in red josd are not just for lazy psys a psy with full st3 r9 has so man att lvls all rdy that then can kill most ppl np if your like me and you pk and are usually outnumbered in fights, then josd is very useful.

Also if you go full dot and get purged your ***** with josd if you get purged you have a lot more survival. Also you gotta remember that when your in att vodoo you lose def lvls so josd negates that loss and instead makes you more rounded out.
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Defense charms, psy will, expel (the seal will get purified with your weapon!), various elemental immunities... if you have no way of surviving a purge or buying time to switch to white, there is something wrong.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Defense charms, psy will, expel (the seal will get purified with your weapon!), various elemental immunities... if you have no way of surviving a purge or buying time to switch to white, there is something wrong.

And then what? Sit in white until you're rebuffed?
  • Orouhimie - Heavens Tear
    Orouhimie - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    lol that all depends on the ppl your fighting come out west in pk and get purged even white wont help you once purged. any decent geared archer can take you out once your unbuffed regardless of white vodoo...... i have many classes that i play and when not playing psy i love abusing ppl who go glass cannon mode :P
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    lol that all depends on the ppl your fighting come out west in pk and get purged even white wont help you once purged. any decent geared archer can take you out once your unbuffed regardless of white vodoo...... i have many classes that i play and when not playing psy i love abusing ppl who go glass cannon mode :P

Only helps them that we have THE worst pdef in the game.
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If you've survived the purge, get your stun off or phys immune up (psy will or expel + weapon purify), go back to black and win. I think of a DoT pay as a diamond common, not glass, no pun intended.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If you've survived the purge, get your stun off or phys immune up (psy will or expel + weapon purify), go back to black and win. I think of a DoT pay as a diamond common, not glass, no pun intended.

I really don't need advice on how to play my class thanks.

I guess even after all these years dw still doesn't learn how to pk. Glad I left.
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If you feel you can't survive a purge + gank as a R9.3 DoT psy... well, that speaks to your abilities, not mine. I will attest it can be done.
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If you feel you can't survive a purge + gank as a R9.3 DoT psy... well, that speaks to your abilities, not mine. I will attest it can be done.

No I'm not talking about yours. I'm talking about the people that fail to kill you.
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Shabby citrines or GTFO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I guess even after all these years dw still doesn't learn how to pk. Glad I left.

One person doesn't represent the server fiz. But sometimes i do wish I rerolled Lost City. Pk here sucks.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Thing is, instead of learning their toons most of the "pk'ers" never show their faces outside a sz without this attitude. b:chuckle
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Options
    One person doesn't represent the server fiz. But sometimes i do wish I rerolled Lost City. Pk here sucks.

Not one person. The group ganking a purged full dot r9r3 psy that apparently can't kill them. In nw yesterday, our pt melted through the spawn buffed r9r3 dot psy (coincidentally in the same faction) in another nation.
    Thing is, instead of learning their toons most of the "pk'ers" never show their faces outside a sz without this attitude. b:chuckle

You win the forums. That was the most entertained I've been on the forums in months. And I probably spend more time on forums than in game now.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Not one person. The group ganking a purged full dot r9r3 psy that apparently can't kill them. In nw yesterday, our pt melted through the spawn buffed r9r3 dot psy (coincidentally in the same faction) in another nation.
    I mean, you can't believe one person's claims.
    Not exactly sure what group he's talking about. A group of level 60s perhaps?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007