Tanking Vile: Drake Fling

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Archer
Has any archer successfully tanked Vile: Drake Fling?

I can do the normal Drake Fling in Lunar, but the Vile version demolishes me.
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Do I count?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    Tips?

Is the answer +10 refines w/ full JoSD?
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Asterelle = +12 r9 JoSDb:chuckle

I haven't fought that thing since day one of new lunar/warsong, and am not eager to try again, was most painful experience ever. We didnt realise it would be hard so we kinda like jumped in... and died in aoe 1 shot. I had called in the boss and was underneath it after cleric came back. Upon rez i figured i would do the normal rez, run some, die, rez again, run some, die, till safely far away. Was rezzed, told everyone to stand back. Everyone got one shot from behind our max attacking range.b:sad

Eventually r9 seeker was able to tank it with r9 cleric healing from water and everyone else having swam far enough away not to die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Facerolled - Raging Tide
    Facerolled - Raging Tide Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    if an archer is tanking it's not really the tank that needs tips, more like the cleric/healer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    boogiepanda | Demon Archer || Facerolled | Demon Wizard

tinyurl.com/PWIArcherWizardPvP
    edited December 2012
    I play both! Fear my multi-clienting skills...
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Do I count?

No.

I've done it at range with a healer outside of his aoe, but it was a long and gruelling process.
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I healed my faction leader through it who's R9 +10 archer. Was sort of a pain to keep everyone alive while getting nuked hard yourself but we did it. o,o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    The general consensus seems to be it's not worth it?

I run Lunar by myself and with friends, but I tend to avoid this route b/c of the inability to kill the last Vile boss.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    The general consensus seems to be it's not worth it?

I run Lunar by myself and with friends, but I tend to avoid this route b/c of the inability to kill the last Vile boss.

If you can do it with your squad easily, then do it, because chromatic tinders worth far more then ancient tinders. However, if you are doing lunar for EoD then just do bh path, bosses on it by far the easiest. I can solo them all excluding vile tower, however i need help to clear mobs b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    If you can do it with your squad easily, then do it, because chromatic tinders worth far more then ancient tinders. However, if you are doing lunar for EoD then just do bh path, bosses on it by far the easiest. I can solo them all excluding vile tower, however i need help to clear mobs b:chuckle

How do have trouble with the Vile tower boss? Attack at range and he doesn't even hit you, just seals and purges.

I prefer to run the Relic path, much easier than Drake, and the Unknown Tinder is still valuable.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    How do have trouble with the Vile tower boss? Attack at range and he doesn't even hit you, just seals and purges.

I prefer to run the Relic path, much easier than Drake, and the Unknown Tinder is still valuable.

Cause it buffs itself, g16 is great.... cept it cant purgeb:shutup

Thats exactely why i was asking about purge bows in that other post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Cause it buffs itself, g16 is great.... cept it cant purgeb:shutup

Thats exactely why i was asking about purge bows in that other post

What does buffing itself have to do with you staying out of range?
  • Facerolled - Raging Tide
    Facerolled - Raging Tide Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Since my R9r2 wizard friend > 1st Vile, but your G16 > R9r2 wizard,

G16 you > R9R2 > Vile > G16 you.

Seems legit ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    boogiepanda | Demon Archer || Facerolled | Demon Wizard

tinyurl.com/PWIArcherWizardPvP
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    What does buffing itself have to do with you staying out of range?

The buffs raise it's defenses to the point that your damage output becomes minuscule.

Without Purge, this boss would take insanely long. Didn't think about this from a non-purge bow point of view at first.
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Since my R9r2 wizard friend > 1st Vile, but your G16 > R9r2 wizard,

G16 you > R9R2 > Vile > G16 you.

Seems legit ;o

Gz u just divided 0 by 0 b:dirty
    edited December 2012
    The buffs raise it's defenses to the point that your damage output becomes minuscule.

Without Purge, this boss would take insanely long. Didn't think about this from a non-purge bow point of view at first.

Huh, I didn't realize that. Since I am multiclienting with cleric and archer attacking, I don't notice these things.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012

At which point you go AFK to make yourself dinner or something. b:laugh

But yeah purge is... really nice for that boss when he buffs.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    OPKossy wrote: »
    At which point you go AFK to make yourself dinner or something. b:laugh

But yeah purge is... really nice for that boss when he buffs.

Can't afk, the seals interupt your attack.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can't afk, the seals interupt your attack.

Think outside of the box... small weight on attack key.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Think outside of the box... small weight on attack key.

+1

3 lv 60 archer doing soul hunter back in 2009!, Have 5 npc bows on you, a ton of arrows, and afk for hours with attack key held downb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That used to be my healing macro in the early 1-x TT days: A paperweight on my IH hotkey.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Has any archer successfully tanked Vile: Drake Fling?

I can do the normal Drake Fling in Lunar, but the Vile version demolishes me.

SOcean, a sage archer, does it on Sanctuary. He has ubber hax +12 G16 claws though and has a cleric on healing macro healing him.

On a side note, just roll a sin. I had problems at first, but then my wife and I figured out a method that works. He kills me on occasion when he hits me for more than my hp. If you can get around 13.5k HP buffed with at least +8 orns, you should have no problem. His max hit that I've seen so far is 13300 or something like that. He hits constant 11ks though it seems at over 11k pdef.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is its AoE range roughly the size of TW PvE boss for the weak territories? If so, you can use the old way of tanking him to beat him.

Have archer at max range with bow, then have cleric move 10-15 M further back from that and set up BB. Half damage from all attacks, and healing without the annoyance of dealing with active healing. Even better, can add in other ranged DDs into the mix to kill it faster. Depending on max AoE reach, can even possibly add caster classes so they can join in as well. If just archers, have the tank focus on pure damage as the others swap to purge bow and use debuff/amp skills to keep the tank dealing the highest damage before they join in the sparkfest.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.