purge bow or 40 attack levels

Options
omgomgomg123tt
omgomgomg123tt Posts: 37 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Archer
My question is should i go recast my r8 bow for a chance at purge or make a g16 bow for 40 attack levels.

I always hear archers and even non-archers say purge>everything so what's your input?
Post edited by omgomgomg123tt on

Comments

• fansouthcorea
    fansouthcorea Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Purge bow for sure!
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Depends, do you think you need more power or utility? The purge bow is nice for any type of pvp but wont hit even close to what the g16 bow will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sassy/ss_ - Sanctuary13
    Sassy/ss_ - Sanctuary13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Depends.

I'd say go g16.

Purge bow is more useful overall because it "can" help every ally with a purge but my g16 hits damn hard on any non barb/seeker and i feel the high jump in damage is jsutified over purge with all my r9 allies runnin around!
  • qzazn8
    qzazn8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    purge is somewhat overrated. even if you do end up purging someone, if that person is r9/g16 or someone with tons of defense levels, you'll still have a hard time dealing damage. Considering all the r9rr people running around, you'll want all the attack levels you can get to smash through their possible 50+ (or even more) defense levels.

For PvE, you could always get both a g16 bow and a g15 purge bow (cheaper option) for cases where you don't have a veno.
    Not all my toons are female! I have a barb b:pleased
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    For me, 40 attacks levels. Most of the time if I would need to purge someone to kill them, they could kill me in 5 seconds so purge doesn't really help me.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If you need a weap now get a g16 bow but only the tradeable kind (from lunar NV). Use that while working on R9 bow and sell your g16 when you outgrow it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Just get R9. Cheap and upgradeable.

EDIT: Cheap, for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This has been asked before. Get the attack levels if you need to choose between one or the other. You won't kill much with just purge and no attack levels.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    qzazn8 wrote: »
    purge is somewhat overrated. even if you do end up purging someone, if that person is r9/g16 or someone with tons of defense levels, you'll still have a hard time dealing damage. Considering all the r9rr people running around, you'll want all the attack levels you can get to smash through their possible 50+ (or even more) defense levels.

For PvE, you could always get both a g16 bow and a g15 purge bow (cheaper option) for cases where you don't have a veno.

While I would agree that 40 attack levels is better then purge if everything else is equal. I have to say... just how many 50+ def level 3rd stage r9s do you see running around? Even if you see one of those... they will have a good +12 weap with 20k+ hp to match. My advice would not be anywhere trying to smash through their def levels (if you are on a budget)... it would be get the **** out before they kill you.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If you need a weap now get a g16 bow but only the tradeable kind (from lunar NV). Use that while working on R9 bow and sell your g16 when you outgrow it.

This. Don't sink all your money into a hole. Going G16 (tradable) allows you to recoup some of your investment in the future. The money you spend now will still have some value later.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This. Don't sink all your money into a hole. Going G16 (tradable) allows you to recoup some of your investment in the future. The money you spend now will still have some value later.

Can be debatable though. The lunar weapon base costs about 50m now because tons of people want them for nirvana weapons. The tt base costs 2m if you use dragonbow:nameless
    Can save around 48m by making the g16 with tt, as the rest of the mats cost the same. Also the 250 raps are fluctuating around 70m for all right now. Mattering on how long you will use it for, i would consider price of making it.

As for the original question of g16 or r8r, definately g16. Purge doesnt matter if you dont have the damage to kill someone. Once you get an attack level weapon you realize how much you've been missing in terms of damage. Also the r8r is more expensive then the g16, and for r8r cost you can get a g16 vana bow and a g15 vana bow (for purge on the g15)

I noticed that yet again in a thread about vana vs r8r people are answering r9. This pattern is getting incredibly annoying to me. While r9 is undoubted to be the best of both worlds, some people still cant afford it, even with huge sales. G16 weapon right now is 72m. Just the r9 ring costs far more. For less cost then ring and weapon someone can get full g16 armor set and refine it somewhat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    As for the original question of g16 or r8r, definately g16. Purge doesnt matter if you dont have the damage to kill someone. Once you get an attack level weapon you realize how much you've been missing in terms of damage. Also the r8r is more expensive then the g16, and for r8r cost you can get a g16 vana bow and a g15 vana bow (for purge on the g15)

I noticed that yet again in a thread about vana vs r8r people are answering r9. This pattern is getting incredibly annoying to me. While r9 is undoubted to be the best of both worlds, some people still cant afford it, even with huge sales. G16 weapon right now is 72m. Just the r9 ring costs far more. For less cost then ring and weapon someone can get full g16 armor set and refine it somewhat.

i lol'd at this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Ninuska - Lost City
    Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i lol'd at this.

but she is right... >_>
    not everyone can afford r9.
    so suggesting saving a year for r9, when someone asked for r8r vs nv3 opinions, is ignorant.
  • Facerolled - Raging Tide
    Facerolled - Raging Tide Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    but she is right... >_>
    so suggesting saving a year for r9, when someone asked for r8r vs nv3 opinions, is ignorant.

Lol a year for R9. Farming map 3?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    boogiepanda | Demon Archer || Facerolled | Demon Wizard

tinyurl.com/PWIArcherWizardPvP
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Just get R9. Cheap and upgradeable.

EDIT: Cheap, for now.

R9 would still take ages to get, much longer then reforge or g16.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Lol not playing BF3. Farming on pwi?

b:angry
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    but she is right... >_>

not what i was referring to mainly but okay

EVERYONE can afford R9.

If you dont have to CS to get something - everyone can get it.

If not, QQmoar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Lol not playing BF3. Farming on pwi?

b:angry

Farming steam sale!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ninuska - Lost City
    Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

no, map 2 drops more DQs b:avoid

but nah, I just meant maybe original poster doesnt have army of 10x chars to do bhs/farm on, maybe he doesnt have time to merch or so.

or he/she just doesnt want to save every coin to get r9 without cs-ing.

for example, I prefer buying fashion over saving for r9 b:cry

that is why saying save for r9, when originally he asked for nv3 and r8r comparison, is silly, when clearly everyone sees r9 would be best out of those...

comprehensive reading? >;o
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Farming steam sale!

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaame. :(

Did you join my game a couple days ago and then leave? I hadn't seen you/your message :(
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Laaaaaaaaaaaaaame. :(

Did you join my game a couple days ago and then leave? I hadn't seen you/your message :(

You play the lamest servers. 2k metro 64 man server so boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Some barb I know came back to the game last month after a couple years absence. They had TT90 gears. Farming just NW and Warsong now they have full R9 armor.

There are around 150 R9 bows on my server at the moment. I used to track them but it got too hard after this 50% off sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html