New Fashion in packs Yes or No?

Laphroaig - Raging Tide
Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Just to see if people like the idea of new fashion in packs or available to all from the boutique
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
Post edited by Laphroaig - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    its fine pwi is losing money i wont charge for packs i willl charge a small bit for fash tho so ill keep my money then :)
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    its fine pwi is losing money i wont charge for packs i willl charge a small bit for fash tho so ill keep my money then :)

Ditto. I haven't bought gold since they stopped putting fash in the boutique.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    Changuita - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    *blushes* guess I'm the only merch here so far...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i always try to sell fashion packs straight on as aint interested in fash
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The one thing I prefer about having fashion in the boutique over packs is often I don't like all the pieces that make up a set, but the pieces I do like I will mix and match with other fashion items. And if I really like a certain type of fashion I will get more than one and dye them different colors to wear on multiple alts. When it's in packs like this it makes it way too hard to buy more than one, plus most people won't sell individual items just the whole set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can honestly say... I wouldn't mind it so much, IF (ohmygod this is a big if...) they didn't put the best looking fashion into packs and threw us a bone, now and again.

Right now, though? PW seems like the biggest jerk in the gaming industry. We haven't had a single new boutique release in months :( (re-releasing last years fash does not count ._.). It's depressing... Sold a ton of pigments, but no pretty new fashion to dye.

I'm sure I said this in another thread: it feels like it's time for the PvE (or you could say, the aesthetic loving) players to pay up. We got our .ini editing, now time to pony up the cash for fashion to keep us feeling fresh, new and pretty.

V4, you've done well, so far. Help a b*tch out :( new boutique fashion, pls. I want.

DISCLAIMER: not calling anyone else here a b*tch. Most of you seem like really nice people!
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can honestly say... I wouldn't mind it so much, IF (ohmygod this is a big if...) they didn't put the best looking fashion into packs and threw us a bone, now and again.

Right now, though? PW seems like the biggest jerk in the gaming industry. We haven't had a single new boutique release in months :( (re-releasing last years fash does not count ._.). It's depressing... Sold a ton of pigments, but no pretty new fashion to dye.

I'm sure I said this in another thread: it feels like it's time for the PvE (or you could say, the aesthetic loving) players to pay up. We got our .ini editing, now time to pony up the cash for fashion to keep us feeling fresh, new and pretty.

V4, you've done well, so far. Help a b*tch out :( new boutique fashion, pls. I want.

DISCLAIMER: not calling anyone else here a b*tch. Most of you seem like really nice people!

Thats a good point too, they keep putting pigments on sale. Do they know how many more pigments they'd probably sell IF they gave us some pretty new fash to dye? Idc if some people think buying fash is sad and pathetic (as some people have called me due to the size of my wardrobe) but I enjoy making my characters adorable and I dont see why pwi keeps putting everything worth having in packs. Instead of making me spend more on chance its making me spend less. I know id have paid 50 gold for the arcane thought wings but wont charge a cent to try for them in packs. I guess they have enough gamblers that it works
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's pretty lame really.
    A -lot- of people would like new fash, but I'm thinking a good deal of those people would not bother buying packs to try to get it, NOR would pay catshops exorbitant amounts of coin for the fashion either. I'm not saying what price it is worth or not, considering it is probably rare enough to get from packs as it is, but wouldn't PW make more money if this stuff was just put in the boutique straight up to begin with?

I expected new fash to only be put in packs from now on, so this was not a big surprise, but it's still disappointing.

I'm fine with not getting any new fash til it shows up properly in the boutique, actually it does me a big favour, more coins I'm saving up for my gear b:chuckle
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wouldn't mind the fashion in packs so much if the droprates weren't so ridiculously low. It's 0.08% for the current pack's fashion to drop, according to pwdatabase. Sure, the droprates for other items are even lower, but... it's fashion. It's not gear. It's not going to make anyone OP.

I realize PWI wants to make money - which in turn keeps the servers running, etc. - but this is approaching the realm of the absurdly greedy.

I'm a cashshopper myself and I don't mind spending money on a game, but I can't think of any other gaming company where you might end up spending $300 for a chance to get, not even OP gear, but fashion - and end up not getting it, if you have bad luck.

tl;dr: Fashion in packs sucks.
  • Rossaria - Sanctuary
    Rossaria - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm againts fash in packs. b:sad Everyone cannot charge $$$ and buy packs to get a little chance for that fash. Everyone deserves a chance to get their pretty toon! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I too also don't like the thought of having fashion being put into packs when the rate to get that single fash pack set its ridiculously low. When it comes to cashshopping, i buy the fash that is available instead of having to buy packs just to see how much luck i have in trying to obtain a fash set that either looks good with the whole set or just pieces of it. pw can get their moneys worth by simply putting in fash that we as the playerbase can buy straight out instead of having a middle man or a second step just to get something that we want. this has gone on long enough and i think that pw should take out all of the fash that has been put into packs, redo the packs themselves and put the fash that we want into the boutique itself. I was really wanting to possibly get the dark lord fash set either black or ivory. Now that the new fash is in a pack again, i know im not goin to try my luck in trying to get something that has such a extremely low chance rate of getting.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't really care but I voted no because a lot of people here don't want fashion in packs anymore and I support them.

I agree with Annonrae here, it's just fashion; why have such a low chance of getting them then?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Ninuska - Lost City
    Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I remember times, when new fashion was released every week, and I couldn't wait till maint was over, so I could log on to try and buy new fashion... b:cry I miss those times. b:cry
    Yeah, no new fashion makes me save coins, but tbh, fashion is pretty much only in-game thing that makes pwi worth playing, for me (my fashion could buy me r9).
    I would be happy to drown more coins into fashion, but 80m for the new dress?! No, my fashion addiction has limits too >:
  • Vraii - Sanctuary
    Vraii - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I havent played in quite some time but came back a few days ago. I have always loved fashion and spent a lot of money on it and then used Grey Pigments to dye every piece I own. coming back to the same old fashion and the only new stuff being in packs really disheartens me. Ive been checking the AH and catshops daily for the Wayfarer hair at a reasonable price and now this new dress comes out and...argh! :( QQ
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Its ok for the last comment mimi :)

But Its this post I agree with the most. Since I am getting married, I've been wanting that Courtesan set since I saw it (I mean, DAT VEIL :O). However, as a money responsible 17 year old who has been playing PWI for three years, I am not stupid enough to buy it from packs because they are technically gambling.

When I got pocket money or some treat money, I'd put most of it to the side to save up, then spend a little in game for fash, a new flyer or a charm.
    However, I am now refusing to charge for any gold ingame until they stop putting fashion into packs; as it is completely rediculous. You want me to spend gold again? Then put all the fashion from packs from the last few months permanently into the fashion boutique. This I believe, will get people not only to charge gold again, but will also increase pigment sales.
    Hey,You! i hope you hear us out b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    About time someone made this poll, I hope this thread catches the attention of Hey, You! because I am Sick of seeing any and all new fashion being stuffed into a pack, with a chance that's so slim I'd have a better chance of being hit by lightning, let alone some form of vehicle!

This. Needs. To. Stop.

People would probably be more willing to charge Zen more often for new fashion from the boutique, rather then once in a full blue moon for a stack of packs, only to be let down and probably not charge again for another 6~12 months or ever again! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As long as it is in moderation, I don't have an issue with it. We have alot of fashion already in, and so long as they toss a piece of fashion that doesn't suck into boutique without doing pack pre-release; it's all good.

I've got a few cycles of fashion my main goes between, and if they can keep the game going a bit longer by making people fork over thousands for the chance to get a set of gear earlier than others: good. Fleece them as those of us who like to mix and match set up some pretty unique combos on the existing ones. And when the gear is eventually released, we'll get it at a much steeper discount in all likelihood.

It would be nice if they set it up where the packs contained a ticket, that is redeemable from boutique for X Season gear. Let them have one fashion that is seasonable and obtained only through packs as elite, and other fashion is added as normal. Honestly, as long as it comes out in boutique in a year or so it's fine. If people are really that impatient that they absolutely must have it now, then they can pay for their impatience. Everyone wins but the people with a complete lack of self-control; and they don't matter anyways.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No. b:angry

So sick of seeing fashion in packs. I miss getting excited and buying my fashion from the boutique. That was the only time I'd put money into this game. It was cheap and everyone could afford to put in money for it. Now it's pointless. You won't be getting my pocket money for packs. LOL Never have I spent my RL money on freaking packs. I farmed for the fashions that came from packs.

Remember that fashion week we had? I used my own money so I could be able to get what was coming up next.

Is pwi making more off packs since they added fashion?
  • _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary
    _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Im not going to buy packs from boutique and not willing to pay 100m for those fashion...

So add the fashion available from boutique or i keep the old fashion i have, thats all.

Oh wait... "they" dont care about what we say/want anyway so this is pointless but at least now we know that there is atm

5/59 merchant (and meaby just one of those 5 its someone who actualy want the fash in packs to be more exclusive [not merchant])
    48/59 ppl who cares about the fashion
    6/59 ppl who doesnt care about fashion
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If they was making more money when the fash was directly in the boutique than in pack they would have put back in boutique, which make me think they must make more money with the fash in packs than fash in boutique.

PWI make more money with the heavy C$er than the person that will C$ 5 dollars every 3 months for a new piece of fash.

Heavy C$ers buy packs, merchants buy packs, occasional C$er buy things they need or try their luck in packs. I agree that people that love fash can C$, but how many times? Once ever 3-6 months IF they like the new piece of fash?

So let's say they have put that dress in the boutique for 5 golds, now it's so easy to get gold in game that probably at least 85% of people will use in game coins and buy the golds by AH, the other 5% buy from catshop or from others players.

For the 10% left they will maybe C$, so let's be REALLY generous and say 50 persons C$ 5 gold for the dress which mean, 250 dollars each server in PWI pocket for a total 2250$.

The heavy C$ers can spend easy 500 dollars (even more) in packs to get all the new stuff first. So for a new packs with new flyer, fash, mount there's probably at least 10 heavy C$ers on each server that can spend 500 dollars on packs, which mean 45 000 dollars in PWI pocket.

Don't forget that some fash's lover will C$ to buy pack and pray to get the fash, so ye I guess they make way much more money with fash in packs than fash in boutique.

PWI is a company and as every company if they make more money in a way more than the other, they will keep it, the don't care to loose 50 players that C$ 5 dollars each 6 months if they can keep the heavy C$ers that C$ 500 dollars each week and how they can do that? By putting everything unique and rare in packs.

They don't have choice to add more and more stuff in packs, cause if they don't, people won't buy packs anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ninuska: I too remember when fash was releases into the boutique each week that was permanent instead of having to spend over 100mil+ just to buy the fash set in game. Some of the fash ive gotten over the years was cheap in game at the time. this will really hurt pwi's pocketbook even more since the playerbase arent going to be buying packs that has the fashion in it.

Esnemyl: 100% complete agreement. i do hope that V4 hears us on this.

Descendus: I hope he hears us too des, This is the second time that pw has put a really good fash set into a pack. they should take out all fash from the packs and put them into the boutique permanently.

Takeva: b:victory +100

_TENSHl_:b:victory +100
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Descendus: I hope he hears us too des, This is the second time that pw has put a really good fash set into a pack. they should take out all fash from the packs and put them into the boutique permanently.

I paid an arm and a leg for my Seekers Dark Lord Fashion, never again. Granted it was with all in game coin and didn't need to charge for it, But for me that was a ton of cash, I don't always have that kind of money just laying around to say "I think I'll buy that Fashion that's stupidly expensive" whenever I want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Infie - Heavens Tear
    Infie - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    For me the whole point of new fashion is that I get to wear it when it's released, spend a ton of coins on pigments with friends to find out what colour it looks best in etc. Since I can't afford the 60m+ prices on fash from packs, I have to wait several months until the prices drop when everyone and their mother already has that particular fashion (example: Wayfarer hair is now as popular as the Thunder ponytail). So yeah... Would be nice to see some fashion in the boutique again after half a year with no new releases. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[ ♥ My Characters:
    100 Mystic - retired
    101 Assassin - current main
    9x Seeker - future main ♥ ]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I agree. Fashion is one of the few things I will spend gold on.

Even if they want to put one or two fashion sets in packs, at least give us some in the boutique also. We used to get new fashion in the boutique regularly and now all we get is old fashion on sale. It's ridiculous.

I also think they need to stop with this timed fash as event rewards thing. At least make it permanent so people have a chance to buy it, or add it to the boutique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • YoungJ - Raging Tide
    YoungJ - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I AGREE with Everyone HERE THEY ARE GREEEDY GREEEDY AND DUMB
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Everything new is in packs. Packspackpackspackspacks. So. Annoying.

Pack-World. I don't even really bother charging zen anymore. If they want my money, they need to get off their pack addiction.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey everyone,

Thought I ought to poke my head in here after getting some messages on this issue.

I want you all to know that we're pushing to get new fashions placed in the Boutique, and I'm really hopeful that they'll be in there before too long.

I can't say exactly which ones will be made available in the Boutique, or exactly when, but I can say that I'm working on getting them out as quickly as I can.

- Val
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I hate pack fashion. They go for crazy 25m+ on my server. Whatever happened to buying NORMAL 1 piece fashions!? Now I have to spend 25m+ to get 1 piece of a set? Some people are jerks and don't sell the pieces separated, some will sell 1 piece only but for half of the whole thing is truly worth, huge rip off. Bring back all fashion into the item mall! It's more of a scam business what people are doing now with this then anything else.
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Thought I ought to poke my head in here after getting some messages on this issue.

I want you all to know that we're pushing to get new fashions placed in the Boutique, and I'm really hopeful that they'll be in there before too long.

I can't say exactly which ones will be made available in the Boutique, or exactly when, but I can say that I'm working on getting them out as quickly as I can.

- Val

Thank you!
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey everyone,

- Val

Thanks for letting us know Val =)

I for one am a heavy C$er, but I don't like minescule chances at things I want. I don't even go gambling at casinos near my house.

I will however admit, that while I have never bought packs before, my interest was piqued. I wanted to see just how likely it would be to get anything of value from packs, so I bought 300 of them. I did actually get the male fashion, 10 PTL, a plat spirit, and a plat guard charm, a sapphire gem, about 4200 tokens, and some misc other things that were useless to me.

I will say, I won't be buying packs again, but I do like fashion in game, and think that with the various players, it adds a bit of flair to the overall look of the game. As I am not a PvPer, gear doesn't really matter much to me, as long as what I have does the job I need it to.

I don't mind that flyers and mounts are in packs, as there should be some rare items, but I suggest that after 9 to 12 months, what was at one time a new mount or flyer, get released to the boutique, or boutique bids, when a new selection of mounts and flyers are created for packs.

The boutique has been stale for a while now. Sure, orbs are great and all, and I like some of the sales, but old original boutique fashion, mounts, and flyers are not enticing for me to spend anymore money on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey everyone,

- Val

It is appreciated, Val. I think a lot of the community is getting annoyed with the fact that the boutique itself is not getting updated with new fashion, mounts, aerogears. Instead, the only updates it gets is new packs and re-hashed sales of old items.

Packs have their place. But when the new content can only be obtained through packs, it signals a problem in the game's progression itself. Another nail in the coffin so to speak.

PWE has made a couple of significant changes to improve the longevity of this game. To continuously ignore other aspects that cause a negative, retrospective approach, it becomes detrimental to the efforts put forward. I hope that a well placed argument using figures, testimonials and projections can sway the decision maker's choices in the future.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
This discussion has been closed.