A little advice? New to sins >.<

Options
Watter - Lost City
Watter - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Assassin
So... I made a sin this monday, and I'm completely new to sins (melee classes overall - I'm a range lover). Well, everything was okay, I was questing nicely, cutting through mobs as if they were butter... Then I got to 4x and went to quest at that place near Tellus. I don't know if the mobs there are from hell, or if I'm bad geared but... I'm squishy as f.ck! I've been spamming HP charms and HP pots since my first quest there, and I died like 5 times in this meanwhile! Are sins really like that? I thought wizies were the pinnacle of squishiness, but hey! there are sins. I thought 1.5k HP and 1k pdef was fine for this level, but things are rough.
Aaaand another thing. I'm Lv44 and I'm still using that Lv19 Dagger of Trial... It's still better than NPC daggers o-o should I get some cheap legendary weapon or just wait until 60 and get a TT dagger? I'm aiming for a -int sin to farm TT and Frost for my other chars (I have a wiz as main, huge money sink, not a money maker at all), so I'll try to save as much money as possible... I'm aware that -int gear is considerably expensive :C
Thanks in advance for the guidance :D
Post edited by Watter - Lost City on

Comments

• bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Wizzies are pretty tanky cause they have a pdef buff that stacks with cleric and bm buffs and base buffs

Sins are LA and these have generally the worst defensive gears out of Any class particularly because of the popular Aps set.

First question what's the level difference between mobs
    How hard are they hitting and what's your hp?

The way sins get past squishyness is blood paint I think you get it at level 29
  • Watter - Lost City
    Watter - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    bhaven wrote: »
    Wizzies are pretty tanky cause they have a pdef buff that stacks with cleric and bm buffs and base buffs

Sins are LA and these have generally the worst defensive gears out of Any class particularly because of the popular Aps set.

First question what's the level difference between mobs
    How hard are they hitting and what's your hp?

Got bloodpaint at level 34... I still don't see much difference in survivability with bloodpaint lol seriously
    The level difference is 1 or 2, and sometimes I'm higher level than the mobs :p These mobs hit me for 130-180, and I have 1426 HP...
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Get more hp then.

It's really simple at that low level most classes have similar dps.

Of all the melee classes sins are the squishiest

You just gotta get used to it, stat yourself with more hp or with shards to compensate and use blood paint because that will become more useful as your dps goes up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Obilic - Lost City
    Obilic - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'll let you watch me have a pk sesh for about 10mil an hour. I'll give you tips and tricks for a bit extra. Pm me <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because making sense is too mainstream.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Sins have a rough time from about levels 20-60 and you've hit on the problem. They're a melee class wearing gear that is meant for a ranged class. Eventually you're damage output will catch up and you'll be healing more than you are taking damage, but not for another 20ish levels.

Hunt down some Dissector Daggers or at the very least Screamer Dual Thorns. These are free daggers you have a 50% chance of getting from your Weapon Token quests. These are the tideborn versions of FBs and involve getting a squad to kill a boss 10-20 levels higher then you. I think the lvl 43 daggers require Wyvern in BH51 but I could be wrong. If you don't get it you can use your Wizzies Divine Orders to make the weapon and then account stash it to your sin.

New weapons that boost your damage will help give more bloodpaint heals and you'll survive longer. Don't forget to use Wolf Emblem, Deep Sting, and Rib Strike. These will boost your damage and slow down their damage.

Also, grab the 100hp/sec apos while you grind. When you only have 1.5k hp 25-100hp more a second is huge. Also use physical ornies. This again is about taking less damage so you have less to recover from paint heals. If the mobs use ranged attack teleport before they attack and they'll use melee instead.

G'luck and happy hunting :D
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    bhaven wrote: »

Bloodpaint can be learn since lvl 34 :)
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Need to control mobs better then.

Tellus chain mobs are tough; they group aggro and they hit hard, but it's not hard; first get better daggers. Did your mold quests? Remember that dps is a solo sin's survivability.

For most mobs you can tele to its center, tackling slash, spark and just faceroll it. Remeber to RDS at the end to get back any spark you might have lost. Mobs can't hit you with melee while you're under them, and the dps from magic attack is usually going to be recovered, even at 4/5X, by sparked BP heals. Use those free charms, and don't be afraid to use sparks to boost your damage and BP heals. You're a sin; your sparks are practically free.

I use windshield on my sin; the supply stash (if you have one) should have given you 500 p stones; that will last you for a while, but not necessary. Autoattack is derpy but it really saves money in terms of mp pots
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm on my cell phone so I'm gonna make it a bit short. But it sucks to be a sin from lvls 20 to about 60. Due to dps. You got very little Def and both magic and meele hurt like hell. I used to pot every mob I was killing just to stay alive. The key is bp. And high damage output. That's what makes a sin shine and keeps him from death. At lvl 60 you can drop a few coins in rep and pick up a rank chest that gives you the first piece to an int addiction lol. Combine that with your token weapon now 2 sparks and being able to spark a lot quicker would make you feel like God. (in a squishy 1v1 kind of way lol). What I mean by that is single mobs will no longer be a problem. You just need to pull mobs from groups and be smart. About lvl 80 you gain more int and now being a sin is a lot of fun. But the most frustrating part is getting to 60. (if you do it the hard way like someone who isn't a hyper baby).
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    It helps when you get RDS

'Cause even single spark helps you hit hard enough to BP heal through most mobs

EDIT: have immense fun with my current sin; in normal pve I hardly see my hp drop below 75% and soloed tideborn traitor with minor number of ticks. I usually spark-windshield-EP on difficult things and solo most of the non-explosive mobs in bh39 at level 52
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive