stop monsters from healing

Options
carlos2354
carlos2354 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Suggestion Box
im a winged elf and when i go hunting, i always fly. im disappointed that the elf's main feature, which are wings, loses its purpose when in combat with monsters. when i fly, the monsters cant hit me so they just resort to healing theirselves, so its really impossible to kill them since their regeneration is much higher than the damage i deal. i dont even know if this was meant to 'balance' everything. if it does, may i know why? and if its really important?
Post edited by carlos2354 on

Comments

• Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If a mob can't hit you, it resets, which regenerates all its health. Even standing on a rock so the monster cant reach you will accomplish this. It is to prevent players from being able to kill all mobs without being attacked back. Just fight ground mobs from the ground, and air mobs from the air. You get a 50% attack reduction fighting from the air to a ground mob anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If a mob can't hit you, it resets, which regenerates all its health. Even standing on a rock so the monster cant reach you will accomplish this. It is to prevent players from being able to kill all mobs without being attacked back. Just fight ground mobs from the ground, and air mobs from the air. You get a 50% attack reduction fighting from the air to a ground mob anyway

+1

How would it be fair to say kill a world boss without it regen or hitting you because your flying......

Just drop down and kite the stuff like everyone else does and be able to take some hits.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    carlos2354 wrote: »
    im a winged elf and when i go hunting, i always fly. im disappointed that the elf's main feature, which are wings, loses its purpose when in combat with monsters. when i fly, the monsters cant hit me so they just resort to healing theirselves, so its really impossible to kill them since their regeneration is much higher than the damage i deal. i dont even know if this was meant to 'balance' everything. if it does, may i know why? and if its really important?

lol... would u rather pw introduce a bug i've seen in lots of other games... they can hit YOU, but you can not see target, so you CAN NOT attack them back b:chuckle

basicly, you want to be able to kill without being attacked at all... if you want to fly while doing battle, head to your east over by tusk town and attack those flying mobs, they wont reset, i promise b:kiss b:kiss

(and what the others said)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    All mobs which can't hit you back become invulnerable except for a few special mobs here and there like bh59 gatekeepers and one of the obsidian minibosses for divine quests. If a mob can't get to you cuz a rock is in the way he becomes invulnerable. If he can't get to you cuz you fly the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    What the rest have said.

Besides, if you're geared well enough or know what you're doing, you'll know there are ways to either kill mobs before, during, and after their super regen kicks in.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.