Anyone else recently get R9 daggers?

Geshwur - Raging Tide
Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Assassin
Well, to start off, I thought before that R9 daggers just weren't a big enough upgrade from DPS to justify spending that kind of money (RL OR ingame) on them. Well, I got my adversity mold, and ofc, the first step to making that is getting R9.

So.

I got the daggers, and being that I already have NT3+11 I haven't seen ANY need to refine them passed +3 (They WERE +5 but I got an event card and figured "What the hey, I'll go for 6 or 7... 10m+ later and 50 event gold worth of ref-aids later, I'm back to +3 ._.) But even still, For PvE no, they aren't that great un-refined. But 1v1 PvP, even at **** refines, I still can kill people faster than I do using my NT3.

So, my question for you all is : Has anyone upgraded to R9 daggers from anything else and come to realize that GoF is MUCH more important for PvP than previously thought?

Also wanna point out that the difference is only noticed with Skill Spam in full NT3 armor. (Would be in full R9 as well I assume)
Current Gears
pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
Post edited by Geshwur - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Buff_me
    Buff_me Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Gesh, I've been pking insanely much before and after getting R9 daggers, so I think I can point out that GoF in PvP is better than any other add for assassin.
    No matter aps or skill-spam, this spike damage makes all enemies QQ about dying too fast.

Personally, I compared damager from R9 and damage from G13. Well, I did pretty well even with G13, but once I obtained Stingers I felt myslef semi-god ijs.

But still, any weapon require a skill and knowledge of your own class.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Already knew the GoF and +Range were very handy for PvP so I guess I wouldn't be included in this! b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Already knew the GoF and +Range were very handy for PvP so I guess I wouldn't be included in this! b:chuckle

Range only applies to auto attack, but I knew GoF was great, but never expected to kill faster with unrefined (Or low refined) R9 than with T3 nirvy +11. That just blows my mind xD
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Range is very handy. It's the difference between shadow jumping + tackling slashing someone as they try to kite you and... shadow jumping + having to chase them down because they're already out of your attack range.

It's also the difference between stunning someone in the middle of a jump and being able to attack them from the ground with them stuck mid-air unable to do anything and wasting time to get on an aero/wasting your stun standing around on the ground.

You'll see the difference as time passes.
    (Insert fancy image here)