G16 Vs R999?

omgomgomg123tt
omgomgomg123tt Posts: 37 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
When nation wars came out i was ecstatic because i can finally get my full g16 and be in the same range as r9's. then a few days later i learned about r999 and how OP it was, which then kinda made me back to step 1 being as weak as before naiton wars came out. so my question is g16 even worth making? when about all the rank 9's are going r999?
Post edited by omgomgomg123tt on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    When nation wars came out i was ecstatic because i can finally get my full g16 and be in the same range as r9's. then a few days later i learned about r999 and how OP it was, which then kinda made me back to step 1 being as weak as before naiton wars came out. so my question is g16 even worth making? when about all the rank 9's are going r999?

And you didn`t see this coming? And why you refer to nv3 as g16, both 3rd cast r9 and nirvana 3rd cast are grade 16 gears, pvp will be always in favour of cash shoppers or no - lifers, if you skip that stage of the game, pve wise nv 3 is beyond OP!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No worries, r10 will come out soon :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    When nation wars came out i was ecstatic because i can finally get my full g16 and be in the same range as r9's. then a few days later i learned about r999 and how OP it was, which then kinda made me back to step 1 being as weak as before naiton wars came out.

From the moment the 1st NW, there appeared 2 groups :
    1) A big group of hysterical euphoric "woot ! finally getting OP gear for nearly free"
    2) A smaller group who already knew that it was a shiney package for an empty box.

It's not the first time this happens. Rep sales did same for r8 and packs did same for lunar and tt99.
    so my question is g16 even worth making? when about all the rank 9's are going r999?

The "minimum must have" to be not considered a fail/burden by others improoved. So it's worth getting to get into squads and such. On a purely pve point of view disregarding others opinions over you, it's an improovement but not necessary. Anything beyond tt90 is unnecessary but makes things easier (well, maybe warsong is though now with tt90, but that's about it).

@ Angel_Spawn : You can clean a spot on your fl if you didn't do yet. Going to walk my dog ethernally. Or at least untill a change. But that's the same thing I guess b:bye
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    G16 VS R999:

G16: For those without $1500+ to spend on a game for virtual armor

R9999: For those rich irl and can spend $1500 on such a thing.

...Only real difference in reason to obtain 1 or other...
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    From the moment the 1st NW, there appeared 2 groups :
    1) A big group of hysterical euphoric "woot ! finally getting OP gear for nearly free"
    2) A smaller group who already knew that it was a shiney package for an empty box.

It's not the first time this happens. Rep sales did same for r8 and packs did same for lunar and tt99.

The "minimum must have" to be not considered a fail/burden by others improoved. So it's worth getting to get into squads and such. On a purely pve point of view disregarding others opinions over you, it's an improovement but not necessary. Anything beyond tt90 is unnecessary but makes things easier (well, maybe warsong is though now with tt90, but that's about it).

@ Angel_Spawn : You can clean a spot on your fl if you didn't do yet. Going to walk my dog ethernally. Or at least untill a change. But that's the same thing I guess b:bye

Will keep you on my FL, see no reason to delete, it`s full of necroshades anyway b:chuckle And besides it`s only a small matter of time till I bid this game good bye, better to leave with some dignity than work for your **** again only to be screwed by the damn greedy and fail company, as for changes, I don`t know what miracle should happen for things to become better, looking how this game has evolved, or rather how I`d say degraded, even worse things are yet to come.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    NW was never cheap op gear that would balance the gap between cash shopper and free player. I've been saying that since the start. Even if it was close to r999, there's still the fact that the cash shopper can afford +12 refines and Jades. And while NW is good money, the cash shoppers always profit more every war. On the PvE side, I still see half the players I squad with in r8 and tt99 (myself included) and I expect that will remain the same indefinitely.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't bother worrying about rank gear.
    Rank gear is useless to me, because I don't want to spend all my effort and energy on 1 character only, and I don't fancy spending that much irl money. If I did, I would make a r999 psy or archer and faceroll my way to victory. People say they completely farmed their rank stuff, sometimes I believe it, sometimes I don't, but op gear is op, whether it's rank, vana, or tt.

I will be ecstatic when I have a full g16 vana +10 everything set, and I'll feel damn spiffy.

Actually, the point is there will -always- be something more OP than what you have, and new gear will always come out that is 'better' than the last. The important thing is whether you believe it's worth it to upgrade to new things, or develop what you have.
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The refines and shards have more of an effect the the gear and going final cast forces them op rank 9 players to reshard and refine. Granted it is only a matter of time and of course those who have a +12 visa/master card or the super merchants well it it'll be just a minor speed bump-- but the rest of the people will have a time where they aren't as super powered.

As for the non pvp itll make it where squads do not need to be any certain makeup and delta for instance will be much easier- so will faction trials. Bh's will be eaver more of a snap. More players will be strong enough to actually solo thier warsong pavillion. Lunar is easier. So yeah, going g16 is worth it just for the ease that once everyone in general are g16, all the instances will be much easier to form squads without worry about certain class or gears.

Also maybe will see less aps nuts an as the better gears come out less sins perhaps as they are at a disadvantage against the op versions of the archer,psy,wizzy, and even barbs.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2012

R9999: For those rich irl and can spend $1500 on such a thing.

...Only real difference in reason to obtain 1 or other...
    Not true.
    Rank9 can be obtained f2p. I know many who have and am doing it myself.
    And also not thru countless hours and having no life. Just a matter of knowing how to merchant and make coin when you're not in game.
    And the initial rank9 is the most expensive part. 2nd cast takes nothing but time doing NW twice a week. 3rd cast is easier than T3 Nirvana, given how much more common r9r3 molds are in Warsong than T3.
    It's BS to assume you need to drop $1500 to get it or have no life farming 20 hours a day. All you need is know-how.

**EDIT**
    I will agree, however, that the cost of doing this f2p for multiple characters is a bit unrealistic. Not impossible, but a much bigger undertaking, for sure. T3 Nirvana would be the way to go if you want to stash gears or gear multiple characters in g16 equipment.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nations Wars has enabled players to get r9. Especially since there is a sale on now for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nations Wars has enabled players to get r9. Especially since there is a permanent sale on now for it.

Fixed.
  • LosTEscape - Lost City
    LosTEscape - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nations Wars has enabled players to get r9. Especially since there is a sale on now for it.

In that case now to get into squads you will not only need to have r9 but also +12 and later on even full josd
    We will add r9 they said... it will be fun they said...
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    But how are the chances in pvp for g16nirv players vs r999 on average (leave out the class issue) Of course skill factor is a big thing as well, but suppose you learn your nirvy outfitter character really well and youre good at it, will you be able to win most of your battles, like half of them, or will you be so much behind that even with very good skills you will only rarely beat the r999 ?
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    In that case now to get into squads you will not only need to have r9 but also +12 and later on even full josd

They already want +12. Just haven't got the JOSD part yet.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Fixed.

Chips/General Summer's Tokens are at 50% off, with the news post stating the sale ends on the 9th. If it's not perm then, the cost of rank 9 goes up quite a lot, since the bulk of the cost is off the GST costs.

If you really want rank 9, now is the time to get it, or wait for a super sale, which we have been wanting for...over a year now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not true.
    Rank9 can be obtained f2p. I know many who have and am doing it myself.
    And also not thru countless hours and having no life. Just a matter of knowing how to merchant and make coin when you're not in game.
    And the initial rank9 is the most expensive part. 2nd cast takes nothing but time doing NW twice a week. 3rd cast is easier than T3 Nirvana, given how much more common r9r3 molds are in Warsong than T3.
    It's BS to assume you need to drop $1500 to get it or have no life farming 20 hours a day. All you need is know-how.

**EDIT**
    I will agree, however, that the cost of doing this f2p for multiple characters is a bit unrealistic. Not impossible, but a much bigger undertaking, for sure. T3 Nirvana would be the way to go if you want to stash gears or gear multiple characters in g16 equipment.

Considering that most sold items are boutique items (such as tokens), you still need a boutique user to buy the items or people who bought boutique from back then and sell them now. $1500 USD in coins is just unreal for a merchant to get without a boutique user who makes more money than the merchant. Other items takes a lot of patience, pretty much a lot of people will not buy most items (even some ones that are boutique) so good luck trying to get even a piece of rank 9 just by buying and selling things. I have bought boutique items with coins when gold rate was not so high just to save, all of a sudden gold rate raised so I stopped doing that because it would not be wise to. So I sold the items back for a major profit. This method is just no good if you have not bought gold or just scam the spender.
  • XxZiOnShaDOW - Lost City
    XxZiOnShaDOW - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    to be honost. i have no feelings for r9 nor do i ever want to be r9 i dont even have a single r8 character i love my g16 nv gear on my characters and will continue to i farmed my hh99 and then i farmed my uncs and raps to make it nirvana it was a blast doing this actually working for my gear. congrats if you farmed for your r9 and didnt buy it but if you bought it. where's the fun in that? doing full ws is absolutely amazing and tons of fun in my opinion the cash shoppers with r9 who join ws and can only solo pavs solely because of there defense from rank 9 is just sad learn your class and how to farm. this game can be f2p and i am glad i farmed my gear thank you.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    they did have the super sale one night for a limited time..x5 medals was like 50 gold or something.

b:pleaseddont tell ya moms and daddys that your using your school loans on dumb ****.b:laugh
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ok. I'm ignoring all the posts besides the original in this reply.

R999 is undoubtedly the best gear in the game. g16 vana and regular r9 are basically equal, with differing pro's and con's. The gap between regular r9/g16 and r999 is pretty big, but not nearly as big as the gap between r9/g16 and r8/vana. If you can't afford r9, i would definitely get g16 vana gear, seeing as because of the nation wars market, it is very cheap. It will at least put you at fighting ground, far better then just being rolled by regular r9/g16 people, and being a fly to r999.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    From the start the whole set of NV bonus is under R9. It's normal to assume 3rd cast NV will be lower then 3rd cast R9.

The huge difference is NV is still easy to get and cheaper if you plan it right. R9 2nd cast is probably the most cost fir gear in the game.

Depending on your class R9 might be better. I think aps can do just great whit NV. And Caster class will go for 3rd cast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just to throw a wrench in things. It takes fewer basic badges to get r9 3rd cast than it does to get Full g16 gear. That alone was the factor why i didn't go g16.
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I could go R9 if I wanted to from merching as I am a merchant myself, but I choose to go G16 (We call nv3 G16 on Archosaur server) as it's cheaper MUCH cheaper and it will suffice until R10 comes out which will make R9 much cheaper b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    R9 is great and all, especially 3rd cast, but I have alts and I'd rather have stashable gear.
    I already witnessed having my Venomancer r8 while my Cleric was left with average gear because I couldn't stash gear/wep. I can't afford to gear up all toons so 3rd cast Nirvana which is comparable to R9 1st cast was the best choice for me.

Also, I don't PvP so much. TW and NW time is not that bad but real life in general doesn't give me the opportunity to participate.

I'll be more than happy once I +10 my gear and get Vit stones or something. I'll be pretty OP in PvE and not too bad in PvP with the biggest advantage that it won't be just my Venomancer but also my alts. So yeah, it was more than worth making full 3rd cast Nirvana for me.

I say, choose the gear that benefits you or you want the most and go with it. It's up to you, really.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its all about pvp now, the pve content is pathetic in that gear and its only a matter of time even more op gear is relased. PWI degrades from an mmo to something counterstrike like. The content of perfect world is so outgeared and the rewards for pve stuff is not worth it with a few exeptions.

I wanted pvp and pve now pvp is the only thing left. While its great fun to clash it cant fill the void inside me and pwi feels more and more like an empty shell. We need the level cap raised, new Areas added new very powerfull dungeons with insanely strong bosses and rewards that beat the current equipment. If i want pvp only there are so manny games out that do a much better job.
    I hate Room 38
  • xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Such stupid question. b:chuckle
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    no proc effects on nv3c
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well I had given hope on pvp but since NW came, I have to say that sometimes, i'm impress that whit the gear I have to pvp, I can survive some fight. Sure I have to use a ton of pot to equal my R9 rivls, but I still have the time to change the outcomes of some fight.

In the end, I think it'S about having fun. And I do have fun in NW. ( Except when I have to wait in base xp)

Has for account stachable items, yes it's indeed something interesting to do. But now you can make NV gear 1st cast preaty easy in 1 week end. NV is still there, so you can still farm it.

Compared to last year, i,m sure a player might chose to make many nv gear for all his alt now, instead of going for R9.

All depends on your style of playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yes i think its worth getting if you can manage to afford it by farming NW. Not everything like R999 with be within your reach. Just because the game made it easier for one set of good gear to be easier obtained, doesnt mean that you will get the top gear of that time, and it doesnt mean that you should be demotivated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Its all about pvp now, the pve content is pathetic in that gear and its only a matter of time even more op gear is relased. PWI degrades from an mmo to something counterstrike like. The content of perfect world is so outgeared and the rewards for pve stuff is not worth it with a few exeptions.

I'll agree with you when I can solo abadon and seat. =P
  • Alenta - Lost City
    Alenta - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was aiming for N3 even before NW was released because I wanted to stash the gear between multiple characters I planned on rolling. It was the perfect option for me since I'm an altaholic xD. The N3 gear is cheap and easy to obtain now because of NW so it wouldn't hurt to have a set. Go the Lunar path when making your N3 so you will be able to sell it off if you think you don't need the gear anymore and decide to go R9, which would cost a couple billion coins.