Has the death of Nirvana runs affected you ?

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm glad to see Nirvana go.

I didn't actually like doing it, too much *******ry. "5.0 +10 sins only for Nirvana, link weapon for invite" was ****ing annoying. I am a +10 4.0 sage sin and could get into those easily, but it was annoying.

Playing because you have a goal is good. Playing because your goal is just to make as much money as possible in-game as fast as possible is not really a good reason to play, IMO.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    The biggest negative effect of the fact people don't run nirvana now is that it makes it harder for barbs to build amber shards.

Nirvana was the only instnace that had any chance of gaining an amber by opening a box to gain an amber.

Tons of melee class's have drakeflames in their weapons, tons of mag class's have Iceborn in their weapons. Must be nice to have the gem needed come from a pack. Barb is the only class that can use amber gems and yet we were forgotten in packs and there is no instance outside nirvana that drops what we needs.

It is too bad Nirv is dead.. the items from any box impacts no class the way it does a barb.

Set up a catshop? I can't even sell perfect amber for 500k nowadays. I see catshops buying flawless at 20k in hundreds all the time and buying out within the day
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The only thing I miss from NV is the shards...

Oh and I miss some of the friends I made running NV squads. b:cry
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It brought tons of enjoyment back into the game for me. I was off in gw land doing WvW but since I dont have to farm stale PvE instances 24/7 to advance my gears anymore, there's fun to be had again.

PvP adds variability to any game, and the relatively random nature of NW teams is good enough for me. The rewards are pretty amazing too, so NWs has essentially replaced TWs as my favorite feature of PW.

More videos please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    missrosa99 wrote: »
    But seriously how many of you have been really affected out there in the general player base by the lack of or no Nivy runs?

Since I can't be on for NW, it affected me a lot. Not only for nirvana, but in the general picture. For me it's more NW that affected me and nirvana is a part of it. The importance of nirvana was pretty overrated and I don't particularly love the instance, but for versatility's sake it's a pitty. They could have made NW an alternative to nirvana rather then totally substitute it and make the whole game turn around a couple of hours each weekend with only dead content for the rest.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    More time, I finally feel like I have time to level my veno without feel guilty to don't caster, but in a way we are back at casters that cannot farm anything while sin/bm can do TT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    more Videos Please.

+1 .
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Both positive and negative.

Positive in that I find myself doing a lot of other things in game I didn't do quite as much. TT's, full Lunars, archo assault events, and probably WS sooner or later.

Negative in that the game is very short on content. We have a handful of viable instances that you can join/find easily with a wc squad when you're bored. Killing Nirvana just reduced that number by 1, and while NW is awesome, it's not accessible to everyone and has a limited lifespan once the market is saturated by enough tokens. The loss of delta coin on top makes this even worse. Vana may be boring once you spam it too much, but it was still another content option.

I quite agree with Liam here.
    I found Nirvana to be extremely boring, albeit I did enjoy Caster a lot. I'm happy Nirvana itself died out since now other classes are not getting excluded (Wizards, Psychics, Archers etc. are nice in Warsong and Lunar).

However, the fact that two instances (well, one but you get the point) were killed off so suddenly isn't...that good. I'd like to see some form of update to Nirvana.

A bit off topic but NW also killed trials for many factions and that was another endgame-ish thing to do.

EDIT: I can't say I'm bored or anything but it's just not really good making a couple of instances obsolete so suddenly without something else/new to replace them. I don't consider NW a replacement since that's time-zone limited/based and only twice a week.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Since NW, and the decrease of vana runs, I see hardy anyone asking people to link their weapon to join a squad now. Even full Warsong runs and Deltas.

It's been awesome, and getting help with other instances has been a lot easier. Essentially, killing Nirvana has revived the game somewhat. Now if only people can get off the "you're a loser if you're not 5.0" bandwagon.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Since NW, and the decrease of vana runs, I see hardy anyone asking people to link their weapon to join a squad now. Even full Warsong runs and Deltas.

It's been awesome, and getting help with other instances has been a lot easier. Essentially, killing Nirvana has revived the game somewhat. Now if only people can get off the "you're a loser if you're not 5.0" bandwagon.

This. But I'll always love playing my Assassin regardless of if they decide to eventually cap APS, just means I can get a full set of the Smexy looking NV armor instead of a mix and match that just went horribly wrong (When I'm not wearing Fashion that is).

Side note: Now they just need to find a viable way to stop people from putting their AFK alts into NW so it's not just a case of pot luck if you get into an Active nation or a half dead one full of alts that is doomed to lose the war and come in a miserable dead last. Really. Fix that Sh*t!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Lucky... that has yet to happen on HT. Sadly I still see lame ads for +12 people for things like Aba and SoT, and people demand weapon links for RB (though surprisingly not warsong). Just yesterday I saw an ad for a tank for Aba, which even undergeared barbs can usually manage, but they specified R9. Really makes me wonder what people are thinking sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I agree with Nirvana needing to be changed so that its still worth doing, but overall I'm okay with its "death" since there are other things to do~
    Lucky... that has yet to happen on HT. Sadly I still see lame ads for +12 people for things like Aba and SoT, and people demand weapon links for RB (though surprisingly not warsong).

Yeah, that still happens, sadly...
    Ive also seen it happen a lot in WS squads too. They may not ask for a weapon link in their WC, but they usually do after you PM them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Idk just yesterday I was given the 20 questions about my weapon before a random wc squad would let me into a ws run. It was finally determined that +12 r9 was good enough.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Like most people, good and bad.

Good, it has forced me to like TT now b:surrender
    Bad, I actually liked Vana. Some people say it's too easy/boring, but of course you =would= say that when you're overpowered wouldn't you >.> And as I have stated previously, it was still the best way to farm coins with a squad because Vana still had the easiest mat split/coin share of any farming instance.
    There are people who were in their 80s-90s who wanted to Vana who may never do, or like with some of the other posters, have had guild members 'take pity' on them and take them to Vana once to show them 'what it was like'. That's kind of sad. Kind of really sad.

If no other change is made, I suggest that Vana bosses have an EX option that gives badges, and that all Delta bosses over stage 3 give badges too (plus the final boss in each instance dropping 1-2 molds as well). Those are the things that people care most about, so putting them in instances no one cares to do could encourage them to be done again, if only a little more.

I don't join anything that requires me to link something. Chances are those people would pitch a fit if something went wrong, and I don't need that kind of aggravation.

Over all I have liked the things that pwi has added, but not the things that have been "removed".
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Lucky... that has yet to happen on HT. Sadly I still see lame ads for +12 people for things like Aba and SoT, and people demand weapon links for RB (though surprisingly not warsong). Just yesterday I saw an ad for a tank for Aba, which even undergeared barbs can usually manage, but they specified R9. Really makes me wonder what people are thinking sometimes.

The problems is with a tt90 barb is... you are basically condemning yourself to watch the barb solo the boss in a little under 30 minutes. When an r9 tanks... the boss dies anywhere between is bb up yet and spark cycle ends.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • resnov098
    resnov098 Posts: 37
    edited December 2012
    lol i can't even bother to write a good reply like i usually do.

completely disappointed.

Uh. why ppl keep repeating the word "forced" ? like... so pwi really took your soul away? you always had the freedom.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have only done regular Nirvana maybe 2 times. It was a boring waste of time and at the time quite dangerous as we were severely undergeared...because we hadn't done Nirvana 800+ times lol

I did caster maybe 15 times on two characters. I found it to be slightly less boring, and really easy with a decent squad. Basically one that had the hp to survive Demonic Sovereign and the attack to kill the Vanished Ancestor quickly.

Out of those runs all I got was maybe 30 cannies and 3 raps, including 2x. And, depending on the squad and if I had to solo Demonic Sovereign while they huddled in the corner, a mangled charm to show for it.

So mostly I waited for 2x and sold as many keys as I could whenever I had some free time. I could make a million or so coins in short order on a good day and go on my way to waste it on fash or something.

I always have 99 keys on 2 characters so I was always ready to make a quick cameo at nirvana. But I never had any illusions that I would ever have nirvana GEAR. I would have NEVER had the coin to buy the mats, or the time/desire to find a squad every day and run it 800+ times and keep the mats instead of selling them. I lack that kind of patience for this game, and my friends/fac are rather lazy when it comes to actually doing things aside from the occasional bh together. They all made sins for spam farming, and now that Nirv is dead, and they don't want to do NW they pretty much don't play anymore.

In the last month I got more Cannys than I ever had before, and I made my S2 Hat, Boots, and Legs so far with 215 to spare for my Arms as soon as I can get enough coin to buy the Lunar mats.

Now that the only way I have to get coin is to grind, or get my terrible luck to turn around with BH rewards, its a bit harder than it was with the first 3 pieces.

I would LOVE to start running Lunar or Warsong like most people seem to be doing every day now. What keeps me from doing Lunar is the fact that I'm poor, and I've only done Lunar BH one time like 7 months ago. I can't afford to pay the fee every time Hauntry Queen comes up for BH, and I don't want to do the few free runs I see because I want the drops. I know I need to suck it up and go in to learn the instance (I get lost in there b:surrender) but its not usually so easy to get into a squad when you say "I've been playing since June 2009, but have never done Lunar. I can haz squad?"

The same goes for Warsong. Until VERY recently you would have had to have BRIBED an entire squad of people to do full Warsong. Now, everyone is doing it and I have no idea what its about. I mean I get you need to keep the mobs away from clearstream and kite the head or whatever but I've never attempted it before, or know anyone in my fac/fl that has.

I would assume as a Mystic that I could defend Water, but I don't know if there is a boss I need to solo too or if flaming poodles fall from the sky and teleport me to Narnia. I haven't looked recently but before S3 gear came out I couldn't find any video or guide on WS at all.

Luckily I have zero reason to do EU or AEU since I have all the skills/better gear already. I would do them for the XP but you already know where I'm going with this.

TL:DR I'm happy Nirvana is dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This. But I'll always love playing my Assassin regardless of if they decide to eventually cap APS, just means I can get a full set of the Smexy looking NV armor instead of a mix and match that just went horribly wrong (When I'm not wearing Fashion that is).

Side note: Now they just need to find a viable way to stop people from putting their AFK alts into NW so it's not just a case of pot luck if you get into an Active nation or a half dead one full of alts that is doomed to lose the war and come in a miserable dead last. Really. Fix that Sh*t!

They won't do that. APS is a different battle style of it's own, and 4+ is already nerfed. 5 is perfect considering its half the time useless in PVP and sins depend on it with their high crit.
    I would assume as a Mystic that I could defend Water, but I don't know if there is a boss I need to solo too or if flaming poodles fall from the sky and teleport me to Narnia. I haven't looked recently but before S3 gear came out I couldn't find any video or guide on WS at all.

Mystic...and....water pavillion...people REALLY need to learn warsong asap. Water, Earth, and Wood are melee pavs. Metal and fire are ranged pavs for casters. I've ran WS since before it was popular and it was extremely easy to learn with a squad of friends or faction mates willing to teach you on BH runs.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I honestly don't miss Nirvana. 5 aps and a good +10 weapon got me into any squad, but I still didn't care for the constant multi runs with every x2 that went up. This discouraged me from decently gearing my other classes as I didn't have the time.

Besides, running TT was lot more fun. Now it's back to not only TT, but Warsong, another another place I enjoy, and Lunar. I might also note I haven't seen a hate fest for classes go up in WC, the forums, or anything else related in the time I've been on since NW came around.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The problems is with a tt90 barb is... you are basically condemning yourself to watch the barb solo the boss in a little under 30 minutes. When an r9 tanks... the boss dies anywhere between is bb up yet and spark cycle ends.

See, this is exactly why we have weapon links. People thinking like this. I've done both seat and aba with tt90 barbs under level 95, and once a lv89 barb. Every time went very smooth.

First of all, abaddon is easy. An op squad only needs the barb to lure and take the initial bleed and agro for a second or two. Spark, debuff, HF, boss dead in under 6 seconds. If your squad isn't OP, your damage is lower and you wont be hitting half the time due to red buff and any barb can hold agro easily. Both examples it takes the same time to kill as normal. Seat is even easier since OP 5 aps melee's get major damage reduction, so again barb has it easy. Even better, both are lv150 so damage is 25%.

Now, on Seat I'm well aware a r9 archer/caster going all out will shred agro from a tt90 barb. But if you have a r9 archer like that in the squad, they'll be tanking anyway. Yes, some have 8k hp and squish, but if they put everything into a +12 weapon and neglect their gear, they're a liability and personally I'd want them in the squad less than the tt90 guy.

Sadly the weapon link thing is still as big a problem as ever. I've found I can't even get into delta 2 as dps anymore, despite g15 morai axes and demon hf. Every warsong wants a link, or r9's. I'm also seeing a lot of kicks lately when players mention being new to an instance. TT runs on wc only want aps dps. Vana gone hasn't really changed that at all.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    See, this is exactly why we have weapon links. People thinking like this. I've done both seat and aba with tt90 barbs under level 95, and once a lv89 barb. Every time went very smooth.

No one says it won't go smoothly... I just want it to go smooth in 30 seconds instead of 30 minutes.

First of all, abaddon is easy. An op squad only needs the barb to lure and take the initial bleed and agro for a second or two. Spark, debuff, HF, boss dead in under 6 seconds.

Or an archer can distance pull... better yet anyone can immune pull... no real need for a barb.
    If your squad isn't OP, your damage is lower and you wont be hitting half the time due to red buff and any barb can hold agro easily. Both examples it takes the same time to kill as normal. Seat is even easier since OP 5 aps melee's get major damage reduction, so again barb has it easy. Even better, both are lv150 so damage is 25%.

Unless of course... the boss dies before he buffs himself.
    Now, on Seat I'm well aware a r9 archer/caster going all out will shred agro from a tt90 barb. But if you have a r9 archer like that in the squad, they'll be tanking anyway. Yes, some have 8k hp and squish, but if they put everything into a +12 weapon and neglect their gear, they're a liability and personally I'd want them in the squad less than the tt90 guy.

R9 LAs (mostly) easily have over 10k unbuffed hp and takes less phy damage then your barb. I would be surprised if any tiger form barb can hold aggro even against a melee range bow archer... waste of a time to let barb tank.
    Sadly the weapon link thing is still as big a problem as ever. I've found I can't even get into delta 2 as dps anymore, despite g15 morai axes and demon hf. Every warsong wants a link, or r9's. I'm also seeing a lot of kicks lately when players mention being new to an instance. TT runs on wc only want aps dps. Vana gone hasn't really changed that at all.

Real squads don't ask for weapon link... or any link. Simply because they don't need to... they already got more then enough def/off to make up for any short comings. Personally... I make a point not to join any squad that asks for weapon links... just cause chances are i'll end up with +5 **** trying to get others to leech off of.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    missrosa99 wrote: »
    Since NW came out I notice people have completely stop doing them, it's so strange being 2x and all, yet not seeing any WC spam for Casters and Aps Nivy teams on my server. Even more strange is that Raging Tide city no longer has Cat shops near the pathway to the elder.

Honestly it was one of those instances I was looking forward to doing and thanks to my guild they've agreed to run one so I could see what it's like...I feel so pitied.

But seriously how many of you have been really affected out there in the general player base by the lack of or no Nivy runs?
    not many because if you actually list the things that pple "miss", that **** is endless if you go from 2008 >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Real squads don't ask for weapon link... or any link. Simply because they don't need to... they already got more then enough def/off to make up for any short comings. Personally... I make a point not to join any squad that asks for weapon links... just cause chances are i'll end up with +5 **** trying to get others to leech off of.

Have to agree 100% with this.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    thoughts

My solution to all bosses is aps b:victory.

Aba boss, 2 bm g16 = boss dead in 4~6 seconds.

Seat boss, cleric+2 bm g16 = boss dead in 10~17 seconds.

I have never had issues getting into delta, warsong, lunar squads with bad gear. I suspect you bump into the mean crowd more often than i do.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012

First of all, abaddon is easy. An op squad only needs the barb to lure and take the initial bleed and agro for a second or two. Spark, debuff, HF, boss dead in under 6 seconds. If your squad isn't OP, your damage is lower and you wont be hitting half the time due to red buff and any barb can hold agro easily. Both examples it takes the same time to kill as normal. Seat is even easier since OP 5 aps melee's get major damage reduction, so again barb has it easy. Even better, both are lv150 so damage is 25%.

I learned that joining a weapon link squad doesnt exactly get you a good one :S

great weapon + crappy gear = a dead person = takes longer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nadel - Dreamweaver
    Nadel - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would LOVE to start running Lunar or Warsong like most people seem to be doing every day now. What keeps me from doing Lunar is the fact that I'm poor, and I've only done Lunar BH one time like 7 months ago. I can't afford to pay the fee every time Hauntry Queen comes up for BH, and I don't want to do the few free runs I see because I want the drops. I know I need to suck it up and go in to learn the instance (I get lost in there b:surrender) but its not usually so easy to get into a squad when you say "I've been playing since June 2009, but have never done Lunar. I can haz squad?"

The same goes for Warsong. Until VERY recently you would have had to have BRIBED an entire squad of people to do full Warsong. Now, everyone is doing it and I have no idea what its about. I mean I get you need to keep the mobs away from clearstream and kite the head or whatever but I've never attempted it before, or know anyone in my fac/fl that has.

Luckily I have zero reason to do EU or AEU since I have all the skills/better gear already. I would do them for the XP but you already know where I'm going with this.

TL:DR I'm happy Nirvana is dead.

This, for me. Except never went into Nirvana either and for mostly the same reasons. So it hasn't changed how I play one bit. Except, perhaps I can now buy what I couldn't farm before.

Thought I was the only "been playing forever, feeling like a noob as soon as I finally finally finally hit 100" out there lol.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Easiest solution for aba/sot:

Epic Barb
    Sin/BM(Aps'r)
    Cleric

Always works.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ......I have something against bad geared players and barbs........

I havent done bh's for a while but are the R9+12 peepzz realy interested in doing bh's b:question ...............Its like you doing bh's everyday for the rewards lol
  • Lavendarfae - Raging Tide
    Lavendarfae - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No one says it won't go smoothly... I just want it to go smooth in 30 seconds instead of 30 minutes.

A little off topic but if you only have 30 seconds for an instance why are you even bothering? I only play this game when I have time and only do things in game that I enjoy. This needing to have the boss dead in under a minute makes no sense to me as it must mean one if two things. You do not like what you are doing or you should be doing something else.

Boss dead in 30 seconds = boring as all hell.

Personally as far as nirvana goes I never would have had the gear for it anyways. I kinda would like to see what it's about though but finding a faction that is alive enough to help on my server is a pretty impossible task. NW is extremely fun though.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    I havent done bh's for a while but are the R9+12 peepzz realy interested in doing bh's b:question ...............Its like you doing bh's everyday for the rewards lol

I am +12 r9 and I do bh. Its not like I do it for fun or even everyday. But sometimes you just need something mundane to distract you for 10 or so minutes. Doesn't take much to wc and fill it with randoms if you can tank/cleric it yourself. And if by chance i find someone who can tank/cleric it from me all the better.

Its not like I hate barbs or any class for that matter. The only buff/heal that I cannot acquire myself is that of a seeker... so there is really no point for me to wait even one second for any class.