In TW do seekers use anything but Gemini Slash in TW?

laloner
laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Seeker
Whenever I come across a thread where seeker's defend their value in TW all the stories seem to involve Gemini Slash. All the stories are about who you killed with GS, how great his armor was but you killed him anyway. Is that all seekers do in TW, run around looking for someone to hit with this skill?
AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
Post edited by laloner on

Comments

• CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Yes!!!
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    In TW do seekers use anything but Gemini Slash in TW?

Yes, I usually use AD along with it b:chuckle
    re
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    laloner wrote: »
    Whenever I come across a thread where seeker's defend their value in TW all the stories seem to involve Gemini Slash. All the stories are about who you killed with GS, how great his armor was but you killed him anyway. Is that all seekers do in TW, run around looking for someone to hit with this skill?

What else do you expect them to do... charge into the middle of a crowd... yell "Leeroy Jeeenkins !!" and fire up vortex ? b:laugh
  • Ogedei - Dreamweaver
    Ogedei - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    What else do you expect them to do... charge into the middle of a crowd... yell "Leeroy Jeeenkins !!" and fire up vortex ? b:laugh

Hahahahaha, would be really fun though!
  • Monsieur - Lothranis
    Monsieur - Lothranis Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i use gemini slash every time its CD is over
    and i also do 3 spark + vac powder + cloud eruption and vortex a bunch of ppl
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    most of these 'stories' were before earthguard even had the chance to be on par with the multiple R9s on the battlefield. Assuming these guys are in the serious TWs, any enemy that runs into the opponents 'cluster' will immediately be disposed of. Needless to say you dont have that much time running around and spamming small ****. What next is the next best choice on the field?

however with R9 earthguards out at last, you might hear a diff. set of stories now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Catanna - Dreamweaver
    Catanna - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I also like to use Arme Nier a lot during tw b:laugh
  • Tomoe_ - Sanctuary
    Tomoe_ - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i use battousai, heartseeker, ion spike whenever i see HA/LA classes, i hit whoever pops when i tab . arme nier (staggering and rock splitting cleave when close enough)for LA/AA's. . for some reason i think i only seem to use Gemini slash when i see a crowd clumped up together or a highly geared/r9 class. .
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    hmm i dont even have to do anything else then gemini as ppl take between 20-80k each time i drop it in tw just ask Tf on lost city if you dont believe me
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    lmao this question is like asking a wizard "Hey, Do you ever use any other skill but BiDs on large groups of people??" The answer is and always will be "H*LL NO", if aint broke dont fix it right?b:chuckle
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    actually gemin + frenzy (20 att lvls)

or if im in a excitable mood ion strike > edged blur > cloud eruption > vortex

Saged mag/phy ""*Aps*"" boosted AoE 12 seconds but shhhh
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    actually gemin + frenzy (20 att lvls)

or if im in a excitable mood ion strike > edged blur > cloud eruption > vortex

Saged mag/phy ""*Aps*"" boosted AoE 12 seconds but shhhh

So your starting your vortex while your edged blur is still running? The damage must be amazing.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    So your starting your vortex while your edged blur is still running? The damage must be amazing.
    im more surprised pple leave him alone till he gets that close to execute that skill, nvm pressing the buttons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sydewinder - Dreamweaver
    Sydewinder - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    im more surprised pple leave him alone till he gets that close to execute that skill, nvm pressing the buttons.

Sage Unfetter and Blade Affinity may be a factor in their success. b:quiet
    What demon fights for good, drinks with elves, & feasts with crows?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:shocked~ If Life is but a dream, What happens if I wake you?? ~b:shocked
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i use gemini slash every time its CD is over
    and i also do 3 spark + vac powder + cloud eruption and vortex a bunch of ppl

Pretty sure that spark doesn't affect vortex damage.

Lots of things seekers can do in TW, OP seems a bit trollish though so won't go into it all.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well this thread was made quite a loooong time ago so.
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In TW, up to this point...what I usually do is...
    I try to DD at the front lines with skills that don't cost chi...but staying safe enough to not get killed or being forced to use apothecary, and once my apothecary comes out of cooldown, I will begin looking for nice clusters of enemies that are either buffing up or are already engrossed in the fight...

Once I find my cluster...there's two ways of really pulling this combo...

1. Sage Unfetter -> Ironguard + Blade Affinity + Vortex.
    Adsolute Domain* / Faith* to get to safety.

2. Holy Path* -> Fortify* + Ironguard + Blade Affinity + Vortex
    Use (sage) unfetter to get to safety.

The reason I include sage unfetter is because I am a sage...and I love the anti stun buff that comes with it. I realize that there are demon seekers out there, to get similar results I would suggest a demon seeker do the following:

Unfetter -> Fortify* + Ironguard + Blade Affinity + Vortex
    Absolute Domain* to get to safety.

This means you get the same results of having a good chance to survive, while devastating the enemy... the downside being you are going to be using 190 genie energy...
    Requiring a genie with a minimum of 160 or 170 energy pool and high recovery rate...or
    the full 190 energy... (counting level 1 fortify and level 10 Absolute Domain*)

For this combo to work even better, I would recommend getting Rewinding Gesture...
    it is one of the skills unlocked by our Celestial Cultivation...and not only boosts our critical hit rate by 15% so we will be even more devastating during vortexing...
    It will also help if you cast it right after the original Unfetter to use it for escape right after canceling vortex, speeding your escape, and for sage seekers eliminating the need to
    use Faith* / Absolute Domain*.

* = Genie Skill