Petition to switch our R9 Third cast Model with China's R9 Third cast Model

Zsw - Dreamweaver
Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Suggestion Box
Hello,

I am petitioning to switch the models of our current rank 9 third cast weapons with the models of China's rank 9 third cast weapons. Our current model of rank 9 third cast weapons are not only aesthetically unpleasing, but also not very unique to be used for the best weapons in the game. This discourages people from pursuing their goals and also creates confusion on the battlefield due to weapon ambiguity.

Consider the two sets of models below.
Our current Rank 9 Third cast Models: http://imgur.com/a/xFMAz
China's Rank 9 Third cast Models: http://imgur.com/a/XfouJ

As you can see, our current model set reuse morai and rank 8/9 weapon models for 7 out of the 10 classes in the game. The model for the other three classes (Archer, Assassin, Blademaster) are horrendously designed as if someone dumped a can of dark coloured paint on our OHT weapons to make them look different. The assassin's daggers doesn't even display the texture properly for most people! Compare that to our current rank 9 first cast weapon (http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20100812/54175.shtml) as well as China's rank 9 third cast weapon. Look at how elegantly designed they are. Much thought has gone into every curve, crest and trough and much thought has been put to colour it as stylish as possible.

After all the effort, time, and money (especially if you cashshopped it!) you put into the game to acquire what is considered the best, would you want to be easily mistaken for someone who got a set of morai weapons almost for free? You want to be remembered and have something to show off for your work. You want something looks artistic, not a mash of black or brown. You would spend a lot of money on fashion to make yourself look nice despite it not having any real benefits in battles. Yet, would you spend billions on a weapon where barely any thoughts were put into its design? You put in your money and your time, so let it show!

Even if you are not going for rank 9 third cast yourself, there are still benefits to having the models switched. Imagine that you are in the heat of a nation wars battle, do you want to waste the extra time to second guess yourself while trying to figure out whether your opponent is a low level in morai gear or a powerful r9 third cast? The time wasted could cause you a death, your squad a wipe, and your nation a loss. The rank 9 models that China use are completely unique and no other weapon in the game shares it. You would not mistake it if it were to be switched.

I doubt it would really be a hard concept to implement either. I'm sure we most likely have the models already. It may take a few seconds to switch the model that is loaded. Our moderators have also mentioned that our rank 9 third cast weapons are unique to our game and does not exist in China. Therefore, there would not be a conflict again in the near future since we would keep our own weapons while they keep theirs. Instead, we would simply use the better designed model for our weapons instead.

If you want weapons that reflects the work that was put into the game and does not blemish the beauty of the game, as well as weapons that reduces confusion in the battlefield, then please encourage PWI to switch the models of our current rank 9 third cast weapons with the models of China's rank 9 third cast weapons.

Thank you!

PS: Keep in mind that you can switch the model without switching the stats.
Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
Post edited by Zsw - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Supported!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I support this b:victory

All of China's model look vastly better than ours (though, that bow they have isn't exactly easy on the eyes)
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    b:victory....Agreed, it would be nice to have....b:victory

But I'd be willing to bet they'll say that its for (Pay to play versions only) (Just like they do with some fashions)

As they ignore the fact that anyone Playing our version of {PW} with (R9 - R9rrr's) Have Already Sunk a S*_*'TLoad of real coin into the game already anyways ~ Just to Get those Gears.....b:surrender

Lame (most likely) possibility isn't it????....b:sadb:surrender
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well put together, and a well placed argument. Keep the games consistent across the board, it is what should have been done a long time ago.

I feel like we get dumbed-down versions of this game. Its a slap in the face, tbh.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I saw title and new op had to be a sin. Clever way of asking for interval on r9s3, but dont expect that to happen for at least 6 months, and for it to cost a great deal more all over again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That second link (http://imgur.com/a/XfouJ) isnt actually china's models but they are still unused (it's weapon group 26).
    China's third cast r9 weapon looks same as normal r9 weapon but their armor looks totally unique:
    http://ecatomb.net/armor-rod.php

There is actually another group of unused weapon designs (group 27) http://imgur.com/a/Uqq2a
    I saw title and new op had to be a sin. Clever way of asking for interval on r9s3, but dont expect that to happen for at least 6 months, and for it to cost a great deal more all over again.

He's just asking for the looks to not be lame Morai copies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012

Keep in mind that you can switch the model without switching the stats. I am asking for the look of the weapon to be changed, not the stats. Also, I play DPH style.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Game would be more broken then what it already is.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I fully approve (I'd love to see the new R9 models armours more than weapons).

But HELL NO to R9 Miniskirt for Clerics >.<
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We'll the armor Asty linked is definately better, and those weapons do look awesome even if they arent the real r999 in pw-cn. I support getting armor switched and giving us better weapons, our r999 weapons are hideous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    great post, I'll poke a gm about this. But petitions (even well thought out, awesome ones like this one and the ini edit one) belong in the suggestion box so I'm gonna move it there. b:surrender

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I say the r9 third cast weapons and armors could use new graphics. Even tho im not planning on goin for those myself in the forseeable future, I would want my gear to stand out over "lowly" first casts at least if I paid so much real money or farmed them. (And so I know when to tuck tail and run other direction in NW b:chuckle even tho I knew at least twice my opponent was R9 third cast and still attacked... and died anyway b:cute ) I say do it do it b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2012

There is actually another group of unused weapon designs (group 27) http://imgur.com/a/Uqq2a
    Holy ****! These are even better!! Change the petition to use these models b:dirty
  • thegreatconquero
    thegreatconquero Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah I fully agree with this petition! I have posted a to change the special aura of the full R9 player. To look good and feel nice to be a Full R9 player. They did not appreciate our money spent on this gears!bull****! PWI listen up! Do it now!
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    great post, I'll poke a gm about this. But petitions (even well thought out, awesome ones like this one and the ini edit one) belong in the suggestion box so I'm gonna move it there. b:surrender

Way to kill a petition, by dumping it into utter obscurity. Does anyone even read the Suggestions Forum?
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Way to kill a petition, by dumping it into utter obscurity. Does anyone even read the Suggestions Forum?

Very few people do b:sad
    This should stay in general discussion.

Petition

As it is still being "signed" it is not yet a suggestion, but a discussion between players, and therefore should be moved back to discussion. Once the poll closes, the petition may be submitted moving it back to suggestions thread with tons of player advocates.

b:chuckleb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Supported - Along with every other archer on the RT server lol
    No one wants that disgusting boomerang.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Supported - Along with every other archer on the RT server lol
    No one wants that disgusting boomerang.

Cockroach*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • wushih14
    wushih14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    China's bow is...godly. o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Eyes like a sunrise, like a rainfall down my soul...'

Spearena|The blithe demon Archeress

~Signature made by me! XD
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Since the 3rd cast R9 weapon isn't part of the set (for set bonus) maybe they could just bring the other version of the 3rd cast Rank 9 weapon here.
    Just for more variety...
    And .1 on sin daggers would rock b:dirty
  • zarakireaper
    zarakireaper Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Supported b:dirty
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yea do that.. it's annoying not to eb able to tell if a person is 3rd cast or not.. be carefull or just go at it..
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The new cleric glaive looks like a shield... ew...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The new cleric glaive looks like a shield... ew...

I thought it looked kind of like Majora's Mask. xD
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Any chance we can change this to the models that aster put up rather than the r9r2 models that china have?http://imgur.com/a/Uqq2a
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Whirlwhind - Heavens Tear
    Whirlwhind - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bump for this
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    Any chance we can change this to the models that aster put up rather than the r9r2 models that china have?http://imgur.com/a/Uqq2a

Hmm, maybe there needs to be a Discussion on what model we should use :p
    Seems like things still need to be Discussed Generally before we can present it officially.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Zaxies - Heavens Tear
    Zaxies - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I definitely agree that the weapon models (and gear) have to be changed. 'Cus lets be honest, while Morai gear looks okay, the most badass piece of gear should not look the same as something equal to TT99 for several reasons.

Let's get a link to the full "library" of unused wep / gear models and then present the top 3 suggestions that got the most votes shall we? b:victory
  • Artymis - Dreamweaver
    Artymis - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    well i think the r9rr arcane armor is really pretty, i feel like a goddess in them ^_^ but i also like the idea of having a kitty on my shoulder :D howeverr, i do like not being distinguishable between r9rr and r8r so that people don't hunt me or look for my wep. i voted yes because i think it'd be fun to have variety :)
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I support this

but there is no soulsphere link QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics