Item: Holiday & Bday Gift Bags

Options
Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Suggestion Box
I am suggesting a Gift Bags.

Basically you go to the PW Boutique and buy a gift bag, lets say 1 gold.

Each gift bag can hold up to 4 items. You can place your items that you are gifting to the person in the bag. You trade the gift bag with the person you would like to give the gift to. When they hover over the gift bag, it will tell them how many slots to have available before opening. When they right click, the items will be placed in their bag. You would have a choice of bags during the holidays. Valentines gift bag, pink or blue. Christmas holiday gift bags and birthday gift bags, which would be available year round. the holiday bags can be sold only during those certain holidays.

Another idea to add to this would be a 12 days of xmas bag, sold in the boutique for maybe 3 gold. You place your 12 items in the bag, everyday an item will be placed in the toons bag that it was gifted to, for of course, 12 days. As you place your 12 items in the bag to be gifted, you can place them as to which order you want the items to be given for the 12 days. You can set it up to give the best item on the 12th day or however you desire.

This is a great idea. You can buy gift bags during the holidays and start placing gifts in it throughout the year till the time comes that you want to gift it. The gift bags would be tradeable, obviously, dropped: yes, account stashed: yes, unable to auction and so on. During the holidays when the bags are sold, you can have styles of bags and looks to choose from. I hope this gets implimented.

I like this better than just trading with my wife on the game. It's more fun to get a gift and they can open it and be surprised whenever they feel like opening it.
R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
Post edited by Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Don't get mad at me for this but...

Couldn't you achieve the same sending a mail? b:puzzled

I get the idea. The thing would be like the lil boxes they are giving that have a time span for them to open.

Only you would pick the items that come out of the box and the order.

Of course you will send lots of mails but... i think it sorts of cover that kind of things.

Just saying. b:avoid

Bye
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    Options

Of course you will send lots of mails but.. i think it sorts of cover that kind of thinks.

Bye

I agree you can send it by mail. Wouldn't you rather have someone personally give you a gift, or get it by mail? It's all about the experience. The code to do this would be just like the code they use for fashion sets or packs. Easy to impliment. I appreciate your opinion.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I would definitely mail before paying for gold to send gifts. Costs 2k for 4 mails, as opposed to 1.7m per goldb:shocked

They might change the mail system now so it costs gold though b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Options

I get the idea. The thing would be like the lil boxes they are giving that have a time span for them to open.

Only you would pick the items that come out of the box and the order.

Of course you will send lots of mails but... i think it sorts of cover that kind of things.

Bye

We are all on a server. it takes second or minutes to fly/teleport/run to someone. If you lived with someone, lets say parents, and it's your bday. Wouldn't it suck if they said we have a surprise for you, the only problem is, we live in the same house, yet we mailed it to you. it's probably going to take a bit to get it. Why did you mail it? Oh we wanted the post office to surprise you. But we live in the same house. I know but it makes no sense to wrap the gift and hand it to you, when we can just mail it. Same with the game. Your on the same server, why mail it? It's nice to be handed a gift from a loved one, friend and so on. It's a better experience.
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I actually like this idea. If I mail it, it waste a **** load of my time if it contain a few items, and especially hate the fact you have to fill in something before mailing it. And simply giving them to him by trading is no fun. I want something that I can put something inside and perhaps mail it or give it to them in person. And if it looks like packs, it would be more fun to open than going to the mailbox o3o Just my opinion.

Yes mailing stuff is cheaper, but mailing 10-20 mails is annoying. Besides, its not like you MUST buy it, if its in boutique, it will be for people that wants to spend them money to get it. HOWEVER, don't make it so expensive b:surrender 1 gold for a gift bag is a lot, esepcially when reps itself is only like 30-50 silver and mail is just 500 coins.

I would add to make it like mail also, with a place to fill in "from me, to you" along with a message. And make it be able to fit more than just 4 (maybe 10-15?) especially you are paying gold/silver for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I am suggesting a Gift Bags.

Basically you go to the PW Boutique and buy a gift bag, lets say 1 gold.

Each gift bag can hold up to 4 items. You can place your items that you are gifting to the person in the bag. You trade the gift bag with the person you would like to give the gift to. When they hover over the gift bag, it will tell them how many slots to have available before opening. When they right click, the items will be placed in their bag. You would have a choice of bags during the holidays. Valentines gift bag, pink or blue. Christmas holiday gift bags and birthday gift bags, which would be available year round. the holiday bags can be sold only during those certain holidays.

Another idea to add to this would be a 12 days of xmas bag, sold in the boutique for maybe 3 gold. You place your 12 items in the bag, everyday an item will be placed in the toons bag that it was gifted to, for of course, 12 days. As you place your 12 items in the bag to be gifted, you can place them as to which order you want the items to be given for the 12 days. You can set it up to give the best item on the 12th day or however you desire.

This is a great idea. You can buy gift bags during the holidays and start placing gifts in it throughout the year till the time comes that you want to gift it. The gift bags would be tradeable, obviously, dropped: yes, account stashed: yes, unable to auction and so on. During the holidays when the bags are sold, you can have styles of bags and looks to choose from. I hope this gets implimented.

I like this better than just trading with my wife on the game. It's more fun to get a gift and they can open it and be surprised whenever they feel like opening it.

I really like this idea. Much more personal and heart felt then just sending a blah old item mail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I would definitely mail before paying for gold to send gifts. Costs 2k for 4 mails, as opposed to 1.7m per goldb:shocked

They might change the mail system now so it costs gold though b:sad

Holy **** gecko don't give them those ideas.

Now i'm scared. b:chuckle
  • thegreatconquero
    thegreatconquero Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Holy **** gecko don't give them those ideas.

Now i'm scared. b:chuckle
    LMAO! If so we just do the trading then. ^^
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I actually like this idea. If I mail it, it waste a **** load of my time if it contain a few items, and especially hate the fact you have to fill in something before mailing it. And simply giving them to him by trading is no fun. I want something that I can put something inside and perhaps mail it or give it to them in person. And if it looks like packs, it would be more fun to open than going to the mailbox o3o Just my opinion.

Yes mailing stuff is cheaper, but mailing 10-20 mails is annoying. Besides, its not like you MUST buy it, if its in boutique, it will be for people that wants to spend them money to get it. HOWEVER, don't make it so expensive b:surrender 1 gold for a gift bag is a lot, esepcially when reps itself is only like 30-50 silver and mail is just 500 coins.

I would add to make it like mail also, with a place to fill in "from me, to you" along with a message. And make it be able to fit more than just 4 (maybe 10-15?) especially you are paying gold/silver for it.

I agree. 1-3 gold is pricey. those were just examples. It's not up to me to set the price, but I agree it should be priced accordingly. Thanks for your input.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Thank you for your responses. It's greatly appreciated. I really like this idea. I also feel it's more of a personal preference and the experience that matters. it's like any item in the boutique, you don't have to buy it, if you don't feel a need for it. I don't buy everything in the boutique. 90% of the stuff is not of importance to me. If I need it, I'll get it, otherwise, it's collecting dust.