Rank 8 recast gear?

Options
zaihafez
zaihafez Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Blademaster
Can anyone please tell me if having R8 recast as endgame gear a good idea?

I have also added a helmet coming from a different set which is what i am considering to wear with my R8 gear.

Here is its stats

http://pwcalc.com/36a330294d58b665

b:laugh
Post edited by zaihafez on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    And you select physical protection ornaments with Heavy armor because.. you like being 1shot by casters?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    zaihafez wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me if having R8 recast as endgame gear a good idea?

I have also added a helmet coming from a different set which is what i am considering to wear with my R8 gear.

Here is its stats

http://pwcalc.com/36a330294d58b665

b:laugh

Do you play Perfect World International? If you do, this build is far better and far cheaper.

Most people level too fast and don't spend the time finding these items. If you do, you can kill anyone.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    R8 recast can be nice due to int on alot of pices and purge or GoF axe for TW ect... because -int on chest can allow some G16 armor or what not. Though if going for no -int then no. Full G16 or R9 for PVP. Aps gear for PVE.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac335/Squee251/r8recast.jpg

The truth is...Don't do it! The recent update made it add 1500 HP and 15 attack levels instead but it's just not worth it anymore. You can now farm for t3 Nirv which has better benefits such as more attack levels and defense levels instead of magic resist, which is the same amount as the r8r bonus but also protects vs physical attacks. The rolls are completely off of luck and can range between MP add and magic stat to HP and str. Maybe getting a rank 8 recast weapon is worth it but things are way better off if you just get the Nirv 3rd cast.

See, I got my r8 recast back before Nirvana tier 3 came out and I was very annoyed. I got so much +10 and those vit stones but now the rank 8 recast is just not worth it because of the gear that has come out since. I decided to personally just go rank 9 now through merching and farming. I almost have the ring after only 2 weeks so things are looking good. SO I advise to just go tier 3 Nirv or go rank 9. The more I think about it the more annoyed I am I got full rank 8 recast. Thankfully I got good enough stats so that it will hold me off until I do get r9...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • zaihafez
    zaihafez Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So should I get Awakened Lionheart instead?
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    zaihafez wrote: »
    So should I get Awakened Lionheart instead?

Yes, this coming from somebody who is rull rank 8 recast.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • zhah2000
    zhah2000 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Can anyone tell me where i can find and get the materials to make lionheart gear and for how much do people sell it for.
    Also how do u make ur lionheart into awakened lionheart.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    zhah2000 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where i can find and get the materials to make lionheart gear and for how much do people sell it for.
    Also how do u make ur lionheart into awakened lionheart.

TT >> Cannyx250 per armour piece >> Warsong/lunar for badges+mold to make it into awakened
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Umm, I currently have recast 8 plate,boots,and weapon. They all have complete craptastic stats like +mp though of course. However since the nation wars forge has access to easier rerolls it got me wondering if I could somewhat salvage my bm. My gear is unfortunately well gemed and refined so although I know that recast 8 isn't "the Best" I hope to get it into decent shape.

Is the purge option on the axes pretty much the best for a bm who is playing in a squad of 5-6 in a nation wars type setting? Pretty sure the archers and wizards are goign to be the main firepower anyhow. Also is the purge the advanced spirit one or the plain one like on the lunar bow?
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    It's the advanced one.

Here's the possible unique addons you can get on the r8r axes:

=============================
    God of Frenzy: Infuses the wielder with divine fury! Has a higher chance
    to deal double damage. Costs 5% Max HP. - 5.26%

Square Formation: A wonderful battle formation.
    Has a higher chance to cause Immobilize and Silence effects. - 10.53%

Spirit Blackhole: Has a higher chance to dispel target's positive effect. - 10.53%

Thunder Strike: Has a chance to Freeze the target for 4 seconds,
    and reduces the target's Physical and Magic defences. Lasts for 8 seconds. - 10.53%

Requirement -25% - 21.05%

Atk. Level +10~25 - 10.53%

Def. Level +10~25 - 21.05%

Critical Hit Rate +3~6% - 10.53%
    ===================
    The last four are comparatively terrible. God of Frenzy is interesting as the weapon's max damage is slightly better than G15 Vana. So it's the best non-r9 Zerk weapon. I have no experience with Square Formation or Thunder Strike so no idea how good those are.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    So if thunderstrike procs and you hf- they are pretty well screwed the next hit....

hmm spirit blackhole on axes looks good as well as god of frenzy and even square formation....makes the choice alittle harder lol so many decent ones to choose from.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    be like TheDan and his R8r pole with Square Formation. I think that's the only real good thing from this imo. ^^
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Umm, I currently have recast 8 plate,boots,and weapon. They all have complete craptastic stats like +mp though of course. However since the nation wars forge has access to easier rerolls it got me wondering if I could somewhat salvage my bm. My gear is unfortunately well gemed and refined so although I know that recast 8 isn't "the Best" I hope to get it into decent shape.

Is the purge option on the axes pretty much the best for a bm who is playing in a squad of 5-6 in a nation wars type setting? Pretty sure the archers and wizards are goign to be the main firepower anyhow. Also is the purge the advanced spirit one or the plain one like on the lunar bow?

PWdatabase is your friend.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32267

Spirit Blackhole: Has a higher chance to dispel target's positive effect. - 10.53%

I'm planning on getting r9 axes and reforging my r8r axe to have Spirit Blackhole. Nothing says back off my squad like a purge HF!
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    PWdatabase is your friend.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32267

I'm planning on getting r9 axes and reforging my r8r axe to have Spirit Blackhole. Nothing says back off my squad like a purge HF!

Only problem is if the purge proc on axes works like it does on bows (I would assume it would) then it will not proc with a skill that already applies a debuff.

I.E. Fissure and HF would never purge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Only problem is if the purge proc on axes works like it does on bows (I would assume it would) then it will not proc with a skill that already applies a debuff.

I.E. Fissure and HF would never purge.

I didn't know that. Still, there's always Highland, Drake Sweep, and Fan of Flames. But now that you bring that up it's kinda...meh
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I didn't know that. Still, there's always Highland, Drake Sweep, and Fan of Flames. But now that you bring that up it's kinda...meh

And you just hit on my problem. A purge spear would be cool for single targets, but I'm like...meh cause theres no real PvE I need it for, I don't really go for that in TW/NW.

Purge axes are tempting but I find myself HF+Fissure then GTFO most of the time. Plus I really don't wanna Refine another weapon...sigh. And Ive had someone swear it can proc on BT, but until I see real like, recorded evidence not sure I wanna go for that.

So my thoughts are Def level axes for flag carrying and base rushing. To which again - don't really wanna refine another weapon, but it seems worth it. I've got a buddy that does that with Def level sword, I would assume axes would be better.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    myself HF+Fissure then GTFO most of the time. Plus I really don't wanna Refine another weapon...sigh. And Ive had someone swear it can proc on BT, but until I see real like, recorded evidence not sure I wanna go for that.

BT = non debuff skill, theoretically should still work. Only problem occurs, if you have a weapon like dervish in your inv, why would we switch to r8r axe? Wouldn't dervish hit harder on non purged people?
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    BT = non debuff skill, theoretically should still work. Only problem occurs, if you have a weapon like dervish in your inv, why would we switch to r8r axe? Wouldn't dervish hit harder on non purged people?

Two situations:

Purge Proc: Purging a whole group makes them super chumpy and very dead very soon. NOT to mention people panic and run when purged. I look at it from a field manipulation angle.

Funny story - last TW I had several people comment on how I kept CCing and beating on people even though I was purged. I'm still not sure if Im stupid, ballsy, or doin it right.

Def Levels: Better survival with less damage dealt, but tbh - it may be enough to drop most of the opponents I encounter. Being able to slide into a base with 20-30 more def levels in BT or IGed (handy when IG wears off) is kinda core/neat. Not to mention if I have to grab a cat.

The purge proc would not be really a big deal to me in NW, but the Def levels for flag running would be (not like Im trying to kill anyone while carrying a flag anyways).

Like, it would be something to switch in and out depending on the situation. Hence where Im debating. NOT that I would do it before I have full R9rr, but it's something Im looking into and debating afterwords.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

I disagree with it being a non-debuff skill.

1. It applys a slow affect.

2. It's damage is dealt as a "DoT"

3. Sin's Tidal Protection can avoid the skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Options
    And you just hit on my problem. A purge spear would be cool for single targets, but I'm like...meh cause theres no real PvE I need it for, I don't really go for that in TW/NW.

Purge axes are tempting but I find myself HF+Fissure then GTFO most of the time. Plus I really don't wanna Refine another weapon...sigh. And Ive had someone swear it can proc on BT, but until I see real like, recorded evidence not sure I wanna go for that.

So my thoughts are Def level axes for flag carrying and base rushing. To which again - don't really wanna refine another weapon, but it seems worth it. I've got a buddy that does that with Def level sword, I would assume axes would be better.
    See I'm in a situation where I've already gotten my r8r to +10 with 2 garnets and now going r9, so I want an applicable use for the r8r still since r8r GoF has got nothing on r9 GoF. I'm considering purge or defense levels, leaning on purge even still since defense levels, just get a second r8r (Yes, I'd do that...)
    I'm assuming it can't because not only does it apply a slow debuff but it also can't zerk. I think it's more of a pure damage-hard escape skill than anything else, so I don't see it purging. Just like it can't zerk and square formation doesn't work. It seems no weapon procs take effect on it as far as I know.
    Two situations:

Purge Proc: Purging a whole group makes them super chumpy and very dead very soon. NOT to mention people panic and run when purged. I look at it from a field manipulation angle.

Funny story - last TW I had several people comment on how I kept CCing and beating on people even though I was purged. I'm still not sure if Im stupid, ballsy, or doin it right.

Def Levels: Better survival with less damage dealt, but tbh - it may be enough to drop most of the opponents I encounter. Being able to slide into a base with 20-30 more def levels in BT or IGed (handy when IG wears off) is kinda core/neat. Not to mention if I have to grab a cat.

The purge proc would not be really a big deal to me in NW, but the Def levels for flag running would be (not like Im trying to kill anyone while carrying a flag anyways).

Like, it would be something to switch in and out depending on the situation. Hence where Im debating. NOT that I would do it before I have full R9rr, but it's something Im looking into and debating afterwords.

My main thing is I lead a squad in NW that has 3 designated tanks, I'm a backup and otherwise controling the crowd, so purge would handle better than defense levels since I can make enemies easier to kill or even scare them into running away. Usually when supporting the flag carrier all I get is AoE'd but all the main damage is on said carrier. I also use my genie for some decent CC as well with Whirl wind and Occult Ice for when I get extremely overwhelmed (hate using it in 1v1, I feel so cheap)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Seeing how this has turned a few times to "whats more effective in nw" I'll throw my vote in for GoF.

I used to also consider making an r8r axe for either purge proc or def levels until I learned that purging won't combine with other status effects, which are many of your other skills. If you consider that Monarch Spear has a faster attack rate vs Spirit Blackholes increased attack rate they're almost equal purge rates. For me, the main benefit was switching axes and skill spamming without the barb realizing I'm trying to purge him where if I pull out my shiny green fap-stick its a dead giveaway.

I'm still considering getting r8r for def levels but the better my armor gets the less it appeals to me. I think a def level axe with hp/vit adds would be awesome for pulling Deltas and Lunars.

Thunderstrike appeals to me, but if the pdef/mdef debuff is less than 40% you're going to be underbuffing other people half the time. If you're trying to 1v1 someone and it procs, great. If you're in mass pvp like NW or TW and trying to take down a catabarb and you have support like mystics, venos, clerics, BM Glacial Spike, and even pet debuffs will be better than Thunderstrike. So I'd want to know the debuff amount before I aimed for it. Maybe someone with it can test it out and give us some numbers?

Lastly, the goal for nw is give and take alot of damage while trying to capture the flag. The best proc for that is GoF. Even if you purge a barb for it to be taken down you're just doing other people a favor and not really doing yourself one.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Seeing how this has turned a few times to "whats more effective in nw" I'll throw my vote in for GoF.

I used to also consider making an r8r axe for either purge proc or def levels until I learned that purging won't combine with other status effects, which are many of your other skills. If you consider that Monarch Spear has a faster attack rate vs Spirit Blackholes increased attack rate they're almost equal purge rates. For me, the main benefit was switching axes and skill spamming without the barb realizing I'm trying to purge him where if I pull out my shiny green fap-stick its a dead giveaway.

I'm still considering getting r8r for def levels but the better my armor gets the less it appeals to me. I think a def level axe with hp/vit adds would be awesome for pulling Deltas and Lunars.

Thunderstrike appeals to me, but if the pdef/mdef debuff is less than 40% you're going to be underbuffing other people half the time. If you're trying to 1v1 someone and it procs, great. If you're in mass pvp like NW or TW and trying to take down a catabarb and you have support like mystics, venos, clerics, BM Glacial Spike, and even pet debuffs will be better than Thunderstrike. So I'd want to know the debuff amount before I aimed for it. Maybe someone with it can test it out and give us some numbers?

Lastly, the goal for nw is give and take alot of damage while trying to capture the flag. The best proc for that is GoF. Even if you purge a barb for it to be taken down you're just doing other people a favor and not really doing yourself one.

Thunderstrike is the same concept, won't proc on already-debuffing skills, and it's proc rate is also very very lame, and to top it off it's only a 20% debuff. It's pretty lame seen as how it almost never happens, can't happen with HF/fissure, and barely helps you or your squad...