Has the death of Nirvana runs affected you ?

missrosa99
missrosa99 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Nation Wars
Since NW came out I notice people have completely stop doing them, it's so strange being 2x and all, yet not seeing any WC spam for Casters and Aps Nivy teams on my server. Even more strange is that Raging Tide city no longer has Cat shops near the pathway to the elder.

Honestly it was one of those instances I was looking forward to doing and thanks to my guild they've agreed to run one so I could see what it's like...I feel so pitied.

But seriously how many of you have been really affected out there in the general player base by the lack of or no Nivy runs?
Post edited by missrosa99 on

Comments

• SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes it have had a positive affect on my gameplan and those around me. Now the 2x is more fun for everyone and we can all enjoy the various aspects of the game fully. I think it was an excellent move by PWI that has made the game better for everyone playing.
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    more free time b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Revive nirvana with vile bosses for badges ktnxb b:nosebleed
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It affected me in the way that I am now camping in TT 3-x and 2-3 and meanwhile collecting the sacred Mothers Auras for the full g16 lunar set for my seeker alt...and oh well I actually do more lunar just for essences and badges and ofc some mats. I'm actually pretty happy that nirvana is dead. It was boring as hell (:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Honestly I`m happy nirvana is dead, no one will even bother dragging me there anymore, only thing I hate is, it made my 400m + weapon look cheap and pretty much mainstream now that you can get g16 for under 150m (if you pay for manufacturing).
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No, because I was never able to go on runs since the dawn of time :P. Don't even know what it looks like inside.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Both positive and negative.

Positive in that I find myself doing a lot of other things in game I didn't do quite as much. TT's, full Lunars, archo assault events, and probably WS sooner or later.

Negative in that the game is very short on content. We have a handful of viable instances that you can join/find easily with a wc squad when you're bored. Killing Nirvana just reduced that number by 1, and while NW is awesome, it's not accessible to everyone and has a limited lifespan once the market is saturated by enough tokens. The loss of delta coin on top makes this even worse. Vana may be boring once you spam it too much, but it was still another content option.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    missrosa99 wrote: »
    Since NW came out I notice people have completely stop doing them, it's so strange being 2x and all, yet not seeing any WC spam for Casters and Aps Nivy teams on my server. Even more strange is that Raging Tide city no longer has Cat shops near the pathway to the elder.

Honestly it was one of those instances I was looking forward to doing and thanks to my guild they've agreed to run one so I could see what it's like...I feel so pitied.

But seriously how many of you have been really affected out there in the general player base by the lack of or no Nivy runs?

if you enjoyed it and looked forwards to it, its still open, go for it.

nobody really looked forward to nirvana, or liked doing it though, they just liked the money you could make there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It have some pros and cons aswell

Pro :
    If i asked someone to do something together during x2 i often heard, no im busy farming nirvana. Thats gone! Also i dont have to feel bad if i forget to get my daily keys. In fact i dont bother getting them anymore.

Cons:
    If you not doing any kind of PvP Activity the game leak content that keep you busy. You can rush trough your BH, AEU and GBQ , maybe also PV in a really short time and after that you have no instance worth running besides TT. Thats kinda sad but thats not only a nirvana problem.

I would love more content and dungeons to explore, where you can grab something valueable. Content, tailored to the current equipment level! Content that need a full 10 man party with mixed class to survive.
    I hate Room 38
  • Yin - Momaganon
    Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Easier to find people for more interesting instances than nirvana.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    nobody really looked forward to nirvana, or liked doing it though, they just liked the money you could make there.

b:embarrass I did... and never made much money out of it or spam-run it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    No, because I was never able to go on runs since the dawn of time :P. Don't even know what it looks like inside.

This.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I actually really did enjoy Caster, and didn't run it for money.

The only difference it has made for me is that instead of spending half the day in Caster I spend it in TT, because now I have to buy most of my Nirv mats. And TT is more boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    Changuita - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Revive nirvana with vile bosses for badges ktnxb b:nosebleed

AMAZING suggestion!!! I'd go back in if this were the case.

I guess I was a little sad... as I made and geared an alt wizard just for doing casters... but in reality.. it has been SO NICE doing something other than casters this 2x- I've done warsongs and FCs- and just regular farming. Honestly, the obsession with doing nirvana was annoying, now we can focus on other parts of the game :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crimson_Moon - Momaganon
    Crimson_Moon - Momaganon Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm kind of happy because nobody does vana anymore. I can use my in game time for something else than farming normal or caster vana for half a day. Thumbs up for NW!
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This has saved me so much time, lol. Now, I only do bhs and NW b:victory
  • Attempted - Harshlands
    Attempted - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    missrosa99 wrote: »

*Gasps* Dafuq nirv is dead tis be the season for confusion in attys life.... Nirv is the reason I created a sin now its just a main char b:shocked "Lies" anyways...... How do people make monies now a days? b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Look here, we all in
    Everyone is a target
    Teetering on insanity, reasonin' with the heartless
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The moment nirvana died was the moment the amount of incoming coins increased. WS/Lunar g16 molds make-sell market started up with a BANG, better geared characters instead of struggling a whole x2 to barely farm 250 raps for a g15 weapon and whatnot.b:victory
    *Gasps* Dafuq nirv is dead tis be the season for confusion in attys life.... Nirv is the reason I created a sin now its just a main char b:shocked "Lies" anyways...... How do people make monies now a days? b:embarrass

Nation Wars or make-sell G16 molds for people are the top 2. TT mat prices have also risen on my server.
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It sure has for me since i finally got one of my toons to 100. now that nirvana has been almost completely shut down due to nation wars coming in, i was wanting to see what nirvana was like since i haven't been in there yet. looks like i wont be able to do at least 1 nirvy run now that hardly anyone does em now.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah , I am glad that nirvy is not so profitable now, but they should maybe make it where it is atleast worth doing so as to make a decnt income, even if it doesn't make you rich anymore. Maybe enact a permanet triple drop in there or something. No reason to let the area go to total waste

Shouldn't be long untill Nw stuff is near worthless, and badges farming is headed there too at some point. I'd give it maybe 6 months to reach a saturation point.

If people can't farm big amounts of coin maybe prices will fall on stuff as the supply and demand works itself out.
    edited December 2012
    It sure has for me since i finally got one of my toons to 100. now that nirvana has been almost completely shut down due to nation wars coming in, i was wanting to see what nirvana was like since i haven't been in there yet. looks like i wont be able to do at least 1 nirvy run now that hardly anyone does em now.

Ask faction mates or friends to take you on 1 of their 99 keys runs.
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    b:cry was making billions coins from caster nirv, now getting nothing.b:sad
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    maybe in addition to adding vile bosses, they could have either essences at the end or like... molds maybe. Just something to make it actually worth it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thought a bit about this myself, yes there are Pro's and Con's to NV becoming redundant overnight thanks to NW. But No instance should just be left to gather dust, it was put there to be used, as someone suggested already, putting in Vile Bosses for Badges might be a good idea. But how about giving some kind of EXP reward? Not a pitiful amount like 100k. But a substantial amount like 550k total at the end of the instance or like 200k Per vile boss + a badge? I'd certainly go back into NV for the Extra exp. Provided it wasn't Restricted by the community for R9/r or +10 5.0 3rd cast.... b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The biggest negative effect of the fact people don't run nirvana now is that it makes it harder for barbs to build amber shards.

Nirvana was the only instnace that had any chance of gaining an amber by opening a box to gain an amber.

Tons of melee class's have drakeflames in their weapons, tons of mag class's have Iceborn in their weapons. Must be nice to have the gem needed come from a pack. Barb is the only class that can use amber gems and yet we were forgotten in packs and there is no instance outside nirvana that drops what we needs.

It is too bad Nirv is dead.. the items from any box impacts no class the way it does a barb.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    The biggest negative effect of the fact people don't run nirvana now is that it makes it harder for barbs to build amber shards.

Nirvana was the only instnace that had any chance of gaining an amber by opening a box to gain an amber.

Tons of melee class's have drakeflames in their weapons, tons of mag class's have Iceborn in their weapons. Must be nice to have the gem needed come from a pack. Barb is the only class that can use amber gems and yet we were forgotten in packs and there is no instance outside nirvana that drops what we needs.

It is too bad Nirv is dead.. the items from any box impacts no class the way it does a barb.

-.- lunar & delta drop imac ambers -.-
    trololol
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    well.. you can get some nice ones in AEU too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It brought tons of enjoyment back into the game for me. I was off in gw land doing WvW but since I dont have to farm stale PvE instances 24/7 to advance my gears anymore, there's fun to be had again.

PvP adds variability to any game, and the relatively random nature of NW teams is good enough for me. The rewards are pretty amazing too, so NWs has essentially replaced TWs as my favorite feature of PW.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    b:cry was making billions coins from caster nirv, now getting nothing.b:sad

Doesn't NW make you half as much as that being your R9 and all?

And why does a barb need ambers? I thought barbarians either used citrines or garnets.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Doesn't NW make you half as much as that being your R9 and all?

And why does a barb need ambers? I thought barbarians either used citrines or garnets.

For their weapon. Tank barbs have pretty low accuracy.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle