how do you destroy equipment?

BustyQT - Archosaur
BustyQT - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
so i've been selling purple 3 stars to npc all the time but noticed that i can at least get a mirage for them (according to database) but i don't know how this is done
Post edited by BustyQT - Archosaur on

Comments

• qzazn8
    qzazn8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You need a specific tailor level to decompose gears like that. Likewise, if you had a 3 star weapon, you'll need a leveled blacksmith skill. Usually it's not worth it, as the cost for decomposing the gear is like 20k (and a mirage costs 10-12k). So unless those 3 star gears have nice stats and are worth selling on the auction, just npc them. Hope this helped!
    Not all my toons are female! I have a barb b:pleased
  • BustyQT - Archosaur
    BustyQT - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i'm confused. the database site lists decompose results and destroy results. i thought they were two separate things?

for example http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/5942
    Decompose to: 2 Mirage Celestone (Price: 15.000)

Destroyed to: 1 Mirage Celestone
  • qzazn8
    qzazn8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ohhh ok i know what you mean. Decompose and destroy are two different things. Decomposing is what's done at the tailor/blacksmith/whatever. Destroying takes place at the PWI Promotions Agent and takes 3 days to completely destroy the item. Usually people destroy bound items. I don't know if a fee is associated with destroying, but last time I destroyed something, I didn't get any mirages.
    Not all my toons are female! I have a barb b:pleased