Is this game dead?

Gonzu - Heavens Tear
Gonzu - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
I think that I played this game back in 2008.
I tried every class except for Mage and um... Cleric(?) which everyone said was weak (the Mage not the Cleric) and I finally reached level 65 with playing a Barbarian and quit due to no one wanted to help me do the level 60+ dungeon.

Holy ****! I have reached level 70 and I really don't remember that. Who has been playing with my char?!
Post edited by Gonzu - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Probably just a badluck...(or maybe its related to server)

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now, and every time I ask for help for anything, I get at least 5-6 answers within 5 seconds...
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    I think that I deleted my char when I rage-quit back in 2008 and still it shows here?

No I must have quit in 2009 since my join date is Dec 2008 and I played for like half a year or more.
  • Crimson_Moon - Momaganon
    Crimson_Moon - Momaganon Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This game is not dead, it mostly stealthily crawls to your credit card to do unspeakable things with it.
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    I remember that the player shops thinned out in the starter cities after I had been playing for some months not in the west side of Archosaur though that was always full with player shops.

So which clan owns all the land these days?
  • ZTachi - Heavens Tear
    ZTachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    b:chuckle
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If the game were dead, this forum would not exist.
    I think that I deleted my char when I rage-quit back in 2008 and still it shows here?

No I must have quit in 2009 since my join date is Dec 2008 and I played for like half a year or more.
    Join date is the first time you posted on the forums.
    I remember that the player shops thinned out in the starter cities after I had been playing for some months not in the west side of Archosaur though that was always full with player shops.

Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Holy ****! I have reached level 70 and I really don't remember that. Who has been playing with my char?!

umm Houston, we have a problem...

as for the first question, my chat box fills before i can see my character.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • PunkStarlet - Heavens Tear
    PunkStarlet - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, been thinking of coming back to the game for a while, but due to my game version being really out of date i have to redownload the whole thing.

Perfect World is one of those games you cant abandon forever.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Oh I remember that... I remember that lost city had tons of kitty shops, especially by the skill npcs. I think both my-en and pwi were like that.

As for your questions...
    You probably got to level 70 and forgot about it, after all 2009 was almost 4 years ago. It's been over 3 years since you probably last played, you probably don't recall every detail.

Wizards are only weak at the low levels, this has always been true. At end game with good gear, they can easily one shot anyone. Clerics have been given some buffs, but still lack over all with fire power.

The things you missed out since you last played were probably: genies, supply stashes, bounty hunter / bh questing, tideborn and earthguard classes + content, new classes are assassins + psychics + seekers + mystics, packs, oracle craze, morai, nation wars, fcc (frost) leveling, hypers, venos are no longer overpowered with nixes, 5 aps chars everywhere, nirvana, warsong, guild bases, guild trials...
    I know that's not all of it but good luck trying to keep up with all the new stuff if you last played early 2009.
    The biggest difference you'll see is that people hardly quest anymore and spend all day leveling in frost.
    At least regular quests have been buffed up (and number of mobs needed to kill been decreased).
    You'll probably want to start off with the tb quest chain.

Btw, your join date is not when you joined. Join date on the forums is when you first logged on to the forums with that character.
    Your real join date is uh... Probably whenever you did your first quest (on your profile it says oct 10, 2008). I don't remember where to look for the join date now, pwe keeps on moving it around.
    You can just go to your core connect profile and look at the achievement for you first quest. Mine says Sep 19, 2008.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The game is dead for low leveling, but it's very much alive in the higher levels.
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Putting a restriction on anyone under level 80 entering frost would literally fix that over night... But what am I saying!? That would be a GOOD idea, Tch, Silly me... b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Putting a restriction on anyone under level 80 entering frost would literally fix that over night... But what am I saying!? That would be a GOOD idea, Tch, Silly me... b:scorn

There has always been a restriction. It's just easy to bypass.
    the only proper way of doing it would be to remove cave enterance portal, or script it so that only 85+ can go in there, kind of like how heaven/hell is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited December 2012

THOSE ARE EXACTLY MY WORDS xD
    +10000000000000000000000etc.etc.etc.

Tho sometimes when me and a friend are going to solo FC I have a cleric lvl 74 to buff us inside cave, so I'd lower the lvl range to 74 just for that b:chuckle
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute