Barely any new fashion in 2012

dfdfdfdfdfds
dfdfdfdfdfds Posts: 47 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
I was wondering why so few fashion sets were released in 2012. Clearly fashion is a big money making item for PWE so i'm slightly confused. In 2011 it seemed a new fashion set was being released every other week. While in 2012 we barely got any new and tons and tons of dye sales.

All the fashion in boutique lately is old stuff and just a few new sets coming via packs. There's all kinds of new fashion coded into the game, why is nothing new being released?

Kind of disappointed there is no new Christmas fashion b:sad
Post edited by dfdfdfdfdfds on

Comments

• OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    New fash can be npced for 400k and will crash the market and cause client instability. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dfdfdfdfdfds
    dfdfdfdfdfds Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Anyone can answer my question, perhaps a GM please.
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    Changuita - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Think about all the new things that DID come out in 2012 though....

1)Morai (with the 2 new instances, many new quests, new skills, many new events, new mounts, and new gear that introduced a whole new way for lvl 90s to play the game),
    2) they had to deal with various "glitches" in exping
    3)Trials! yeah they aren't so used now, but they were useful and fun when they were around....
    4)rank 8 recast, a good option for many
    5)recasting r9 gear (as well as many other gears)
    6)the inclusion of 3rd cast nirvana, which opened up people to actually DOING full warsongs- something practically unheard of before
    7)changes to how TW works
    8)NATION WARS
    9)all the gear changes that come with nation wars
    10) many new packs with new mounts, pets, and fliers. You find the majority of your new fash here
    11)new events! on some servers they were less successful (the bongzo beast one for example) but overall very fun
    12)tons of contests and in-site events

That's only a FEW of the things that changed this year... some of which were major major changes to the game. Pretty sure fash was a last priority. Maybe next year ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quizeburio - Raging Tide
    Quizeburio - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Who cares about new features. The only thing that keeps me coming back and buying zen is new fashion. (Not in packs)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Fashion does attract many female players (and not only). I'm pretty sure fashion is generally a big cash cow for PWE so I'm indeed curious why there were so few fashion pieces released in the boutique this year.

Ecatomb still has a lot of fashion sets that were never released in our version, not even counting the newest releases in PWCN.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    I say we all submit tickets :D See if they give us more fash.

I think a smart time to add it in would be after xmas though :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    pwi ran out of sources to copy fashion fromb:laugh

honestly, this year has been nice on my bank because of lack of new fashion. i probably would've spent like 300m if they had put new good ones in game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its the kind of decisions some big companies do: Logicless

The rare times they answer they give out idiotic reasons, you could think and think over it for days but not come up to a logical explanation.

Its hopeless.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They probably got the clue that we were'nt gonna be spending more on pack fashion. So they ran out of ideas.

Aka, considering its high popularity vs all other boutique items, fashion was too easily obtainable.
    Think about all the new things that DID come out in 2012 though....

1)Morai (with the 2 new instances, many new quests, new skills, many new events, new

I stopped reading here.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Fuzzy would like to see the military fashion added but can see why it hasnt been. b:sad
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    yeah... military fash would be amazing.... I say they need another "design a new fash" contest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Fuzzy would like to see the military fashion added but can see why it hasnt been. b:sad

(Fixed your link)

I've been waiting for that one forever! Why don't you want my money PWI? b:angry
  • Infie - Heavens Tear
    Infie - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I highly doubt that the military set would ever be released because the red armband can convey quite different meanings to people (1. ****, 2. a symbol of peace), so there would probably be a lot of conflicts related to that fashion. However, I agree with the OP wholeheartedly; we need new fashion! Honestly, the game is just becoming boring to look at if I see the same old stuff every day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[ ♥ My Characters:
    100 Mystic - retired
    101 Assassin - current main
    9x Seeker - future main ♥ ]
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    On the one hand, I'd like more fashion.

On the other hand, if that fashion comes in packs, PWI can keep it, no matter which fashion it is.

/shrug
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yeah... military fash would be amazing.... I say they need another "design a new fash" contest.
    design contests are useless >.> if its not pwi ripping off fashion from another game, its art thieves submitting forgery as their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    design contests are useless >.> if its not pwi ripping off fashion from another game, its art thieves submitting forgery as their own.

This is..sad but true.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I will answer your question.

Because PWI ONLY CARES ABOUT PACKS. b:cute

one of the many reason I quit, because all PWI does is add packs, packs, packs....more packs. No new fash. Like some of the people already said, majority of female players spends their money on fash.

Oh and the person that said "all the new contents they added..." PWCN added the same thing to their game WITH NEW FASHION.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have been wondering what the hell is going on.

Maybe they figure... Because we got facial editing approved, they won't have to cater to the aesthetic lovers of this game anymore?

Don't even know. I just want to bump all of those topics pertaining to the lack of fashion to the top.
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just want to say that this has already been brought to their attention. Fashion used to be released every week at one point. I would log on right after maintenence just to try on the new fashion and see how much it cost to get it.

It was very dissapointing when they started putting them in packs. Same thing with the flyers. It would be nice if they released some flyers into the boutique for the TB amd EG since they lack the amount that other classes have for choices.

Anyway, im unsure of what they plan on doing about it, i just know that they already know about it. Maybe next year we will see some more flyer and fashion releases outside of packs.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »

Please no. Releasing fashion that shows more than it covers is one thing, but stuff that goes this politically deep shouldn't be in a video game. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Please no. Releasing fashion that shows more than it covers is one thing, but stuff that goes this politically deep shouldn't be in a video game. b:surrender

Well that is china's military wear. I believe the camo outfit guys have reflects the US military outfit. Might as well have both. I realize it reflects the whole **** look, but its not going to be that bad. If it didnt have the red armband most people wouldnt give a ****. Its actually a nice looking outfit besides that.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    I don't think they are going to release something that's "only a little ****-ish" anytime soon. b:lipcurl As for the rest of the fashion, yes please! A million times yes! b:victory

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Bogusbabii - Archosaur
    Bogusbabii - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Wellllllll...... To be truthfully HONEST fashion is actually really easy to get, although i haven't bought any fash or flyers or mounts or pets or any geary things/ mats, yet b:chuckle. Although maybe 2013 has better things in store for us. b:pleased

I must have made a mistake on including the pets and stuff. Huh.. Silly me!!! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I ~LOVE~ you Veels. b:dirty
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    I
    Want
    NEW

FASHION!!!!!!! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    LaYsDiL - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Love it...people complaining about fash when theres much bigger problems to be addressed "dont worry about nw or the mass freezing/lagg"...much much more.. Girls will be girls i guess...prolly going to regret saying that.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Vanity > Gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Love it...people complaining about fash when theres much bigger problems to be addressed "dont worry about nw or the mass freezing/lagg"...much much more.. Girls will be girls i guess...prolly going to regret saying that.

Explain why there is no new fash before NW? Explain why PWCN got fash throughout the year with new expansion? Btw, the mass freezing/lag is just your computer problem, not their problem.

The fashion is something they could release ANY time. They even named them already in ecatomb. They just won't release any because all they give a **** is packs, hence the only "new" fashion that came out this bottom half of the year are the ones in packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd like to see some new fash (that isn't in packs) as well... But I already gave up on this idea... After months of waiting barely anything nice came out... It's all about packs, rank sales and stuff like that these days I guess... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Been waiting for the Aesthetic set for a year now since they put its name in the AH (thought that meant a soon release as it usually did back then) but oh boy was I wrong. I agree with many that to keep it fun, we need new stuff on our screens...most active players have worn the same armour for a year, months, so looking at that isnt something that's very fun. Fashion nowadays is just as worn out aswell due to no new looks that won't cost u 20m+ per part. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Ninuska - Lost City
    Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    OMG OMG OMG!!!
    NEW FASHION!!!
    but wait, what... it's in packs again... b:cry
    just PWI way of solving things.
    why am I even still surprised after 3 years of this pack ****...