pvp against r9 final cast+12's

Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Assassin
So anyone had the chance to fight a final cast rank 9 +12 josd wizard yet? I am normal rank 9 +12 and all dot gemmed. I sat there both skill spamming and apsing after all his dmg immunes wore off and basically couldn't seem to kill him faster than his pots and charm ticks. Lucky me he was busy killing the other 6 people hitting on him so I got to hit on him for quite awhile longer than otherwise. Not sure how going full rank 9 might have helped me. I think assasin skills need some sort of dmg boost, since we actually have to use them in pvp and the new final cast gear is so defensive.
Post edited by Flamespirit - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Tsyren - Archosaur
    Tsyren - Archosaur Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Skillspamming is all about setup, not about the constant dps an aps sin delivers. A DPH sin basically tries to maximize its damage with zerks, crits, and zerkcrits. The main advantage of a DPH sin is its survivability - however, it's forced to rely on more luck (or self made luck) to kill its targets.

Basically, the only way you're going to kill a tanky target is with lots of debuffs and a lucky sequence of spikes - sitting there stunlocking won't do **** unless you hit on that zerk crit with an 8% to occur. Get them down to about half HP after you've wasted most of their immunities, then if you're sure of a kill, pour all your stuff into it.

Typically, I freeze (or stun), powerdash with tangling mire and extreme poison, then use some of the quicker attacks (thorn, twin strike) to get as many attacks in as possible, and therefore have as many spikes as possible. If you get lucky, you get a sequence of crits and zerks that finish off your target. If not, wait and try again later.

Assassin skills actually deal a great amount of damage; however, in the endgame world, you hit significantly less than normal. (Esp a wizzie; physical shield barrier.)
    The sentence below is true.
    The sentence above is false.
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Dont forget wizzies also have a skill to lessen your chance at crit on them...as well as thier purify skill and purify on thier weapon too. Against high def 15k-20k+ life wizzies who are charmed...may as well just run or reroll and join them
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I haven't fought against an AA yet, but the best thing to do is to time your locks accordingly. Save your shadow tele and jumps for whenever they get purified, and watch their buffs closely. It's all about Chi and CD management at this point.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    I haven't fought against an AA yet, but the best thing to do is to time your locks accordingly. Save your shadow tele and jumps for whenever they get purified, and watch their buffs closely. It's all about Chi and CD management at this point.

Actually shadow tele wont help with purify proc. They will have 5s immunity to movement debuffs, stuns included. Only thing you can do to them at that point is seal them to prevent them from hitting you. With R93rd cast wizzies, the only thing that I can find killing them as a sin is skillspamming as apsing procs archane defense and has higher chance to proc purify proc. R93rd JoSD casters are pretty much unkillable w/o zerk crits for sins.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • skaitavia
    edited December 2012
    Actually shadow tele wont help with purify proc. They will have 5s immunity to movement debuffs, stuns included. Only thing you can do to them at that point is seal them to prevent them from hitting you. With R93rd cast wizzies, the only thing that I can find killing them as a sin is skillspamming as apsing procs archane defense and has higher chance to proc purify proc. R93rd JoSD casters are pretty much unkillable w/o zerk crits for sins.

When I said shadow tele, I assumed it's understood that you cast it once it wears off. 5 seconds of holy path speed makes any r9r2 caster not within attack range, so once it wears off, just shadow tele to stun them and begin another stun lock in hopes it doesn't proc again.

Most R9r2 people I fight like to purify proc run away 50 meters before attempting another attack, which is enough time for it to wear off and by then they should be within the 35 meter range of shadow tele/demon shadow jump.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So essentially just run away. Obviously in a tw environment or a NW if you run one way to get out of thier range, they just run the opposite way and thats the end of the fight.

Basically a +12 r9 assasin can no longer assasinate a r9+12 final cast wizzy/psy and is going to have a very hard time with an archer or Barb.

Had a good example of this in the last nation war. I was the only thing standing in the way of an unprotected flag runner. Once I was able to catch them up after al thier dmg immunes and speed apoth, With +12 r9 dagger and full dot gemmed- I couldn't kill them faster than thier charm ticked and pots healed them as they inched towards handing in the flag in between stuns.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And thus, a new era of overpowered Arcanes hath been ushered in. Thine fish people hath lost the taste of power they once held above all else and seek to regain their place as the most unbalanced class in the game. However, thine prophecy hath been fufilled, that one day Arcane users shall discover a way to defeat the Assassins and that day is now. Fare the well melee users, may our Arcane over-lords treat us with compassion and kindness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • skaitavia
    edited December 2012
    I still haven't found a problem with playing the Assassin in these circumstances b:avoid

In fact, it's become a lot funner!
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    vs same geared sin, wiz is at slight advantage if both players are highly skilled. if both are noob, then the wiz has a much higher advantage.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude