Heaven tears Frost nation

Options
enkuero
enkuero Posts: 19 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Etherblade (West)
We have 33 minutes stuck in base WTH pw, still cant fix this problem, why expansion when your not rdy ??/ giving us trash
Post edited by enkuero on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1536051

While it is for another server it is about basically the same thing so probably easiest to post there as stickies are usually checked first by GM's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    not even 'compensation' for the people loss

aint as if it costs them anything as all they are are pixels on a screen
  • dyonisuskill
    dyonisuskill Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    amm guys i think he is not talking about dcs; I think he its talking about frost nation get base locked by dark and light nation for like 30 minutes only dealing with like 4 or battles at a time they got 250 people base locked cause that n.nu b:surrender
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    amm guys i think he is not talking about dcs; I think he its talking about frost nation get base locked by dark and light nation for like 30 minutes only dealing with like 4 or battles at a time they got 250 people base locked cause that n.nu b:surrender

Thought this too....

Eh, people are odd.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

This.

Unfortunately it's not PWI's problem; it's your nation's problem. Try communicating early on with your nation using the Nation channel (Type $ before a chat message). Relay messages out on where people should go such that you don't get land locked.

It's a frustrating thing and sometimes it's impossible to do anything about it if the opposing nations are overwhelming, but that's the best tip I can give. I've been on the receiving and giving ends of these types of tactics, and the emotion flips xD

I'm sorry to hear that you were based locked. Hopefully you wont' be next time.
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Was more like an hour and 270+ people locked in, we had like a max of 3 active fights at the worst of it...b:laugh Was my worst NW ever, getting sent back to base after a loss far down the map. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • FluffyRoar - Heavens Tear
    FluffyRoar - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    You're welcome. b:cute
    Just getting ready for Christmas.

[SIGPIC]http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380628_10151323310608254_645628187_n.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I post pictures of myself in every post I make. Maybe it's in relation to what I'm talking about, maybe it's just a random picture of me showing off. Who knows!
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I used the time constructively and consumed a smoothie.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Many of those in Frost looked like they were working their way south and trying to base-lock Light early on. It gave Dark time to spread to the North-Eastern parts of the map and eventually move in without too much resistance.

Once we got sandwiched by Dark (with Light blocking a portion of the North-West) I noticed there were a few battles surrounding the base that we were able to slip into every now and then, and there was even a 20v0 a bit further away that went on for well over 10 minutes somehow...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Frost was demolish and had a period of time where all lands they had were....gone.

I remember seeing like 255 people in base too at 1 point....ouch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    Banndit - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Land locking looks like fun and good for NW from what i have seen but todays NW shows how unfair it could be too.

Put yourself in the shoes of a clever bunch of highly experienced pvp squade fully equiped with r9, s3, maximum refined etc. being landlocked in frost base today for a lengthy period of time. No matter how well equiped you are, no matter how clever you are, no matter what you do, once in a landlock like today, theres almost nothing you can do to get out of it.

The problem was, onced both Light and Dark nation won the 4 land next to the base landlocking Frost, Frost nation was at a big disadvantage from there on. Any of the 20 frost offence trying to recapture the 4 land was almost always made up of randomly selected players, while the offence team of LIght and Dark nations were made up of largely prepaired players, which I imagined atleast half of them were r9s. Theres not much any one can do. Telling 200+ people not to attack and leave it to the r9s I imagine is almost impossible in todays case. Try telling a nation to lose weight by simply eating less.

With this part of the problem, its up to players to make the suggestion and pw can make a difference, but I hope the problem is not rushed or NW might become less fun. Land locking offensively and defensively requires a few good move or a few good successful battle I imagin which does spices things.

The most unforgetable time in NW was infact when I made effort in preventing a landlock which required future planning, making 2 consecutive move fending off one battle on the right then quickly taking position on the left map camping and attacking/defending when necessary. This came at a cost of about 1k personal credit but it was well worth it and quite exciting actually.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    While the mechanics of this system are truly not well thought-out (they should have more lands around base and eliminate the timer to attack at minimum) the people in Frost are not without fault in this occurrence.

Three times when my barb got the flag I saw my team members stand nearby and watch as 4+ members of the other team kept me stunlocked and killed me. No help. But when I went after someone on the opposing team that grabbed the flag, what did I find? A large group with him/her, killing all of us that tried to approach. Is it any surprise that we got defeated in so many battles?

I wonder when people will learn that NW is about teamwork more than it is about a group PK fest.

It is extremely frustrating however (after sitting at base for 20 minutes watching the four lands adjoining the base repeatedly lose the battles, I finally logged out for the night) and they really should make some changes. Simply allowing people to cross already existing battles to get to other lands they could attack or defend would be a huge fix, and put an end to the high occurrence of 20 vs 0 battles where one side just can't get there to defend their land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    This.

Unfortunately it's not PWI's problem; it's your nation's problem. Try communicating early on with your nation using the Nation channel (Type $ before a chat message). Relay messages out on where people should go such that you don't get land locked.

It's a frustrating thing and sometimes it's impossible to do anything about it if the opposing nations are overwhelming, but that's the best tip I can give. I've been on the receiving and giving ends of these types of tactics, and the emotion flips xD

I'm sorry to hear that you were based locked. Hopefully you wont' be next time.

Actually it is the games problem it could easily be fixed if PWCN added the feature to move over lands that have battles or are on battle cd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • enkuero
    enkuero Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    we were winning by far, we got stuck in 131 points for a hour, after that all battles were locked, we got pounded really good, i hope they can extend the maximum of ppl in battleb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    On HT, it's almost a curse to be in first in the beginning now. Most nations will landlock the winning nation in the first hour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i was on that east end nation,had a few landlocked times as well but also had my other toon in the non landlocked area so i could still fight!Thats the best thing about 2 toons woot hell yeah boyzzzzz..and yeah i actually play both b:thanksb:victory
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I used the time constructively and consumed a smoothie.

Should have sharedb:angry

even though I was at work...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Tigerninja - Heavens Tear
    Tigerninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    b:surrender was in frost too and got landlocked as many of you know. after 20min struggling to enter a battle, i finally decided to switch on barb and i entered in light nation rofl. my sin, who was in frost, got 16 tokens and my barb got 35. although i was already more than 1hr in NW on sin. all i did was take dmg and run around. got flag once but got killed cuz i got stun locked by groups. so...reason more to play barb this time b:cuteb:victory
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    the only thing bout it being unfair or a curse is that nation wars really does take teamwork. I was in light when frost got swamped/demolished, and we were base locked for a while till we pushed back. its the same as if you would be in any tw when the opposing faction tries to keep your faction from advancing with your catas less your faction somehow pushes them out of base and counterattacks. its the same way in Nws too. its not bout the r9s its bout how well you as a nation can work together to accomplish something big. if you got ppl who dont want to carry the flag for example, then someones going to have to take the initiative and carry the flag regardless of the class they are. sure certain classes have an advantage over the others such as melee types vs caster types since casters dont have a speed skill besides their genies. So the next time anyone wants to complain bout being base/land locked, see if you can get ppl working together to overcome that obstacle. Light did it friday night and they ended up winning it in the end. alot of things can happen if teamwork as a nation is achieved.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Not sure why I didn't move this the first post I made xD, but now it's moved!
  • Juitom - Heavens Tear
    Juitom - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Think of NW like a game of risk. In risk, do you leave a huge swath of lands filled with no armies at all? If you do, all your opponent has to do is smash through your first line of defence, and they're free to run over all your territories. This is why it's annoying to see groups attacking over and over, going very far from the base, and leaving behind them lots of lands that are worthless because they can't be defended. Other nations will attack us, and people in nation wars should not be afraid to join defend battles. Don't be afraid to wait a few minutes if you see that one of your nation's vulnerable lands which is near the base is about to free up to attack; the close the enemy is to your base, the closer you are to a base-lock.
    Obviously a big part of it is strategy, not all about gear. Like someone previously said, if all the opposing r9s/whatever are stuck in the opposing base, there's nothing they can do no matter their gear. If their nation decided to try to rambo through the entire instance, they got themselves into that situation. Also gotta be lucky, because your score depends on those 250 other people in the nation, and they aren't always very coordinated in my experience...
    NWb:dirty
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Everything up to the point of landlocking the 4 adjacent land next to base seems fair, but its after the 4base locked thats unfair where the offensive landlockers have a much bigger advantage. Unless its possible or easy enough to cor-ordinate an offence from base to recapture the 4 said base, another rule is needed or a new map is needed to balance things out for this particular case.

One way to make it fairer in the case of Frost is this. Frost should have the option of simultaneous attack of land adjacent to base (F1, F2, E1, D1) as well as further connecting land (G1, G2, G3, F3, E2, D3, C2, C1). In order to attack, G1-C1, you have to also attack F1-D1. This should make it fairer as offence have to do more to maintain the landlock while Defence have better options to get out of one. This would also address the problem of 250 people getting stuck and bord locked in base reducing the number of afks or to alts.
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1536051

While it is for another server it is about basically the same thing so probably easiest to post there as stickies are usually checked first by GM's.

Oh you're still playing? I haven't seen that name in ages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Everything up to the point of landlocking the 4 adjacent land next to base seems fair, but its after the 4base locked thats unfair where the offensive landlockers have a much bigger advantage. Unless its possible or easy enough to cor-ordinate an offense from base to recapture the 4 said base, another rule is needed or a new map is needed to balance things out for this particular case.

One way to make it fairer in the case of Frost is this. Frost should have the option of simultaneous attack of land adjacent to base (F1, F2, E1, D1) as well as further connecting land (G1, G2, G3, F3, E2, D3, C2, C1). In order to attack, G1-C1, you have to also attack F1-D1. This should make it fairer as offense have to do more to maintain the landlock while De fence have better options to get out of one. This would also address the problem of 250 people getting stuck and board locked in base reducing the number of afks or to alts.

if i knew i was losing in chess and had only two pieces to work with while my king was in check, think it make more sense if my opponent or in the case of NW "the opposing nation" could only move up to the 2nd or 3rd row just to give me 1-2 rows to work with (or move my king around)? i don't think that is how chess is played, you move your pieces by any means possible in order to checkmate your opponents pieces. same thing with NWs, since frost wasn't well coordinated as a nation, they finished last while light finished first. so as a referee would it be fair to call a foul on the opposing nations if they had 1 nation base locked till that nation could get freed? if you do get base locked or land locked then the only option is to move to an area (or region) that is nation protected or stay in base till a region opens up. doesn't matter if it takes 20,30,50 or 1 1/2hrs, its not your fault for what nation you ended up in since its done up random. if someone does end up in a uncooperative, non teamwork nation than that person has to suffer the consequences of not cooperating with their nation mates. after all the old saying goes "many hands make light work." plus if we did have nations region hopping from base to a far out region, then its possible we might suffer a server crash like raging tide and harshlands had. so the most obvious question is why make things that much easier in nation wars by region hopping when we get nations that aren't willing to work together, use teamwork or cooperate with one another?

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • SnipersShot - Heavens Tear
    SnipersShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    o.o lol.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavens Tear - Primo Former Vongola's Boss since 2012-2014
    vongola.omgforum.net

"The pride we hold in our hearts will be nothing more than false hope if nothing to protect and thus we must make sure we protect Vongola ."
    - Primo Former Boss SnipersShot
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    Options
    if i knew i was losing in chess and had only two pieces to work with while my king was in check, think it make more sense if my opponent or in the case of NW "the opposing nation" could only move up to the 2nd or 3rd row just to give me 1-2 rows to work with (or move my king around)? i don't think that is how chess is played, you move your pieces by any means possible in order to checkmate your opponents pieces. same thing with NWs, since frost wasn't well coordinated as a nation, they finished last while light finished first. so as a referee would it be fair to call a foul on the opposing nations if they had 1 nation base locked till that nation could get freed? if you do get base locked or land locked then the only option is to move to an area (or region) that is nation protected or stay in base till a region opens up. doesn't matter if it takes 20,30,50 or 1 1/2hrs, its not your fault for what nation you ended up in since its done up random. if someone does end up in a uncooperative, non teamwork nation than that person has to suffer the consequences of not cooperating with their nation mates. after all the old saying goes "many hands make light work." plus if we did have nations region hopping from base to a far out region, then its possible we might suffer a server crash like raging tide and harshlands had. so the most obvious question is why make things that much easier in nation wars by region hopping when we get nations that aren't willing to work together, use teamwork or cooperate with one another?

Theres a big diffence between NW and chess. A full base lock should not be game over like it was as there are alot more to NW then just map strategy, therefore base lock should be limited to just having an advantage over your opponent. The weapon, armour and experience gained along the way are very meaningful to people in such a game which means pvp battles are the biggest highlights.

The part "In order to attack, G1-C1, you have to also attack F1-D1" implies that normal region hoping should not be allowed. I kept it short to keep it simple, and unfinished to encourage more from others.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Theres a big diffence between NW and chess. A full base lock should not be game over like it was as there are alot more to NW then just map strategy, therefore base lock should be limited to just having an advantage over your opponent. The weapon, armour and experience gained along the way are very meaningful to people in such a game which means pvp battles are the biggest highlights.

The part "In order to attack, G1-C1, you have to also attack F1-D1" implies that normal region hoping should not be allowed. I kept it short to keep it simple, and unfinished to encourage more from others.

Actually there's not much difference between chess and NW since the layout of the board and map are almost the same. a full base lock should mean that a certain nation has lost the Nw or like what we say in chess, "checkmate". If a nation has no regions to move to then its over for them entirely. there's hardly anything more to Nws than just map strategies and how a nation deploys its players whether it be attacking the other two nations or defending your own base. plus its no more different than strategy in Tws either, the leader of a faction has to have their catas go down a certain path or maybe split up on one or two of the remaining paths just to get to the opposing factions base's crystal while having to destroy the other factions towers along the way. Nation wars does take some experience getting used to but the armor and weapons are simply the goals by which players want to achieve something. So overall nation wars is simply bout map strategy, how you win each region and how you can work together in a nation that's how it was put together and that's how it is. If you want to say otherwise than take it up with the devs.

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Actually there's not much difference between chess and NW since the layout of the board and map are almost the same.

you've never played chess, have you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Three times when my barb got the flag I saw my team members stand nearby and watch as 4+ members of the other team kept me stunlocked and killed me. No help. But when I went after someone on the opposing team that grabbed the flag, what did I find? A large group with him/her, killing all of us that tried to approach. Is it any surprise that we got defeated in so many battles?

I wonder when people will learn that NW is about teamwork more than it is about a group PK fest.

PK fest instead of flag minding nets you less points. I watched a group of well geared people spawn kill while we carried the flags to win - thanks for giving my team free points while you got half of what we did, tards. People just PKing instead of winning. Laughable.

Also, wow on some of the people carrying flags, even in empty instances who aren't prepared to do so. It's like they want less points and rewards.

I think the most amusing thing is when the non TW factions/people cooperate to run flags and PK/Control the instance better than the TW factions/people. It's almost as if they want to win and get good rewards or something. Cooperation and Coordination - not a pro-PK and TW practice?
    you've never played chess, have you?

That's like checkers right?
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    That's like checkers right?

.... I lol'd. b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)