About non-skill-based DPS

Options
Segreta - Sanctuary
Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Archer
Hellos

I recently levelled my alt archer to lv.81, it will take a week or two before he reach lv.89 but I still didn't decided yet about his cultivation.

Since I don't want to PvP with him but just want him to be a long range DPS support for my Sin I was wondering which weapon I should pick,assuming Im not going for R9 or warsoul:

- R8 bow recasted
- G16 Bow
- G16 Crossbow
- G16 Slingshot

And an annoying question...since skills doesn't matter, does Demon Spark with Demon Bow Mastery would grant more DPS?
Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
Current # Chickens:
^,^ <- My Cleric <3
o,o <- My Veno
n_n <- My Bm
=,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
>,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
Post edited by Segreta - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Facerolled - Raging Tide
    Facerolled - Raging Tide Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    G16 sling would be the best DPS.

Demon spark increases APS and DPH which will increase DPS, demon bow mastery will increase DPH and crit rate, thus also increase DPS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    boogiepanda | Demon Archer || Facerolled | Demon Wizard

tinyurl.com/PWIArcherWizardPvP
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    G16 sling would be the best DPS.

Demon spark increases APS and DPH which will increase DPS, demon bow mastery will increase DPH and crit rate, thus also increase DPS.

That's just what I thought b:avoid
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • Facerolled - Raging Tide
    Facerolled - Raging Tide Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Boogie, are u AriaArrow from PWv?o:

I only play PWI - RT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    boogiepanda | Demon Archer || Facerolled | Demon Wizard

tinyurl.com/PWIArcherWizardPvP
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    G16 crossbow-Hardest hitting archer weapon, slowest speed(if you spam skills its worth it)
    G16 Bow-The in between of slingshot and crossbow, average speed and attack(Crossbow>bow for skills)
    G16slingshot-lowest damage, fastest speed.
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    G16 crossbow-Hardest hitting archer weapon, slowest speed(if you spam skills its worth it)
    G16 Bow-The in between of slingshot and crossbow, average speed and attack(Crossbow>bow for skills)
    G16slingshot-lowest damage, fastest speed.

While you are correct there is a bit more to it than that and im bored so ill elaborate.

Crossbow has the largest damage spread (ex: 1000-2000) it also has the largest ranged damage penalty zone but is amazeing for BoA and high spikes on your crits. Would reccomend full g16 armor to get the most out of it

Bow has a better damage spread (ex: 1200-1800) than the Crossbow and is faster with a sorter damage penalty zone how ever it does not hit as hard. Most use it with a mix of aps gear and higher end (g16/r9) armors.

Sling has the best damage spread (ex: 1400-1600) it is the fastest ranged weapon and has the most consistent damage. It works best with a aps type build due to its already high (for a ranged weapon) base attack speed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I did the calculation for a friend yesterday, but didnt save the results

At all refines, xbow is the weakest damage in 60 seconds by a decent sized gap. Bow and sling are pretty close, but sling is slightly better.

Id get the sling for dps, but also get the r8r bow, because it hits harder then g15 vana by a long shot, and has a decent chance at adv purge, which is ideal add on it

Edit: I have a g16 bow +10 and hit harder then r9 +10 people, but slower, and no purge. Still awesome damage though on all g16 weapons. Weapons without the attack level fall far below in comparison
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Sage crossbow is better than R9rr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options

All of the g16 weapons hit higher damage then r9 and r99 when used with skills. no way is the xbow, being the worst of them dps wise, better then r999 though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    All of the g16 weapons hit higher damage then r9 and r99 when used with skills. no way is the xbow, being the worst of them dps wise, better then r999 though

Are you... comparing individual weapons with that or full sets?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Options
    it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

Weapons, and g16 hits harder then r9 even with full set
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    it is.

Do you understand the meaning of dps? Damage per second, also meaning, if you shoot for awhile how much damage you will do. 40 attack level xbow hits less dps then bow and sling both at all refines, due to attack rate. Sure the base attack you seen will be higher then r999 on the max end, but on the low end its way lower, and it also has 25 less attack level and 6% less crit possibly, and no interval to speed it up. There is no way that a g16 xbow can hit more dps then r999, even with sage and lack of quickshot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Options
    b:laugh

Was making a joke- glad you totally got it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Nothing is being compared. Flatly saying something is better than the other all the time with no other considerations is hardly a comparison.
    Especially when they are so very close, many factors could tip it either way.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Honestly, when I use my fish, I just stick a purge bow on my archer. The sin doesn't need extra DPS from an archer on a spark macro, but purging is always useful.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I have all 3 ranged weapons and I perfer the Bow over the other 2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Troll_demon - Harshlands
    Troll_demon - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    sling shot best in all but there is purge bow i heard works best.