so, about assassins

revelution
revelution Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
yup, another qq assassin thread, this complaint is as old as ever but i want to vent my frustration somewhere

i just find it really really annoying when an assassin pops out of no where and slaughters you, there isn't exactly enough time to think and get yourself together without giving the assassin a huge hp advantage over you especially if your a magic class

they're especially annoying when after a duel with a friend or someone, an assassin pops up and kills you in a single hit

but are little things that a single assassin can do, MULTIPLE assassins are even more annoying

say an assassin attacks you, he does his usual stun first hit and opens salvo, but that's ok, your pretty tankey and you've got a charm with lots of potions, good for you, the battle's going well for you but then, BAM 25 more assassins pop out of no where and rotate turns head hunting you with their ridiculous chi-gain, they reduce your precious platinum charm to nothing and end up killing you while you watch and stare and scream at the screen for them to stop

obviously the class is broken, but i doubt the developers can or will fix it, so for now, this is just my little venting thread about assassins
Post edited by revelution on

Comments

• LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    revelution wrote: »
    yup, another qq assassin thread, this complaint is as old as ever but i want to vent my frustration somewhere

i just find it really really annoying when an assassin pops out of no where and slaughters you, there isn't exactly enough time to think and get yourself together without giving the assassin a huge hp advantage over you especially if your a magic class

they're especially annoying when after a duel with a friend or someone, an assassin pops up and kills you in a single hit

but are little things that a single assassin can do, MULTIPLE assassins are even more annoying

say an assassin attacks you, he does his usual stun first hit and opens salvo, but that's ok, your pretty tankey and you've got a charm with lots of potions, good for you, the battle's going well for you but then, BAM 25 more assassins pop out of no where and rotate turns head hunting you with their ridiculous chi-gain, they reduce your precious platinum charm to nothing and end up killing you while you watch and stare and scream at the screen for them to stop

obviously the class is broken, but i doubt the developers can or will fix it, so for now, this is just my little venting thread about assassins

A squad of BMs would do the exact same thing you know. Gank =/= Assassins.
  • revelution
    edited August 2011
    i know, but with bms you can at least see them comming en mass weather they're running up to you or flying high, assassins are different because of stealth where the only way to see them is to spend alot on stealth detection potions
  • concotsu
    concotsu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i know, but with bms you can at least see them comming en mass weather they're running up to you or flying high, assassins are different because of stealth where the only way to see them is to spend alot on stealth detection potions

Lol just pictured about 25 BMs charging wiz. Makes me think of a large scale sin vs BM war. That would be epic
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011

For the 1st attacking you? Yeah Assassins have stealth, go at the OP straw if you will, I wont fight you for it.

But the 2nd, 3rd, 4th? Any speed skill and you having your attention focused elsewhere (The sin / other attacking you), they may as well be in stealth for the most part (might notice a 2nd, but when your time is split concentrating on 2, fighting more becomes harder and harder and you wont know everything attacking you.). Staying omnicient throughout a fight is impossible, every additional enemy makes it harder.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Assassins are underpowered. They need more control skills and the first hit out of stealth should do double damage. And they need to bring back triple spark in stealth. Annnnd force stealth should give 3 sparks. 1 spark is to little.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • revelution
    edited August 2011
    i don't think they're as op as people think, i just think they're really really annoying, and stealth is the whole reason for it
  • Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur
    Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    like in the theater of blood,sins are stealthed and almost overpowered.
    they could just stealth and kill ppl easily.
    only way is to fly,hop on a mount/buy stealth pots.
    see sins can easily perma stealth with some low level pots.
    idk about what pwe is up to
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I think assassins should get 2 sparks instead of losing 2 sparks when they use headhunt
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You sir are correct- sins are so op, geuss thats why every tw faction on the server just wants sins to join
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You sir are correct- sins are so op, geuss thats why every tw faction on the server just wants sins to join

You could atleast try to troll the thread better, "every" TW faction on the server wants most classes but sins due to there aoe-less abilitys and high chance on death when in crowds of people in TW when everyone is spamming tab, thus making there assassination less effective, not to say sins are useless in TW as there far from it, point of the thread is how painfully broken they are when in small groups of PvP or 1v1s, they don't really have any class weakness in that situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Definitely assassins are underpowered, I think PW should remove PVP dmg penalty for all of their skills/attacks so they can compete with all those mighty classes out there.vb:thanks
  • mihybrid
    mihybrid Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There's really not a Class that a Good Sin can't compete with 1v1. Barbs are a pain due to high lvls of HP and BM's are a pain due to Roar abd higher Def where Seekers are just ridiculous due to High lvls of HP+ P Def along with high damage. As for Mag Classes, Psy's are ridiculous to try to kill straight forward and a good Wiz is so overpowering it's not funny. Yes, a Sin has Stealth, but everything about him/her is Phys with very limited mag. But all and all, they get the job done pretty well.
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    While the Mod's are away, the necromancers come out to play. -.-

+1!
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Actually this thread is very informative-The winny little people got thier wish..now assassins are completely useless and are nolonger able to assasinate even lone target wizards/psy, or archers. With +10-12 r3 armor, they have so many hps and def, along with the fact that thier attack kill in one to two shots...They need to nerf wizzy,psy, and archer now.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sin QQ necros are always worth a +1 b:victory
  • Tsyren - Archosaur
    Tsyren - Archosaur Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think assassins have been put onto equal grounds now with other classes, but this only applies at the endgame level. As an arcane, you're naturally going to have problems with the highest physical dps/dph class in the game - but how do you think assassins feel about say, a barb, who has the most resistance against physical damage, and nukes to **** the squishy sin to boot?

Mid-endgame level, most people will have an OP weapon (+10 G15/R8) and okay maybe G13 armours (+7ish). Yeah, combine a +10 weapon and you can basically ignore arcane armour.

At end-endgame level, where you begin to see everything +10, not so much.

Also, yay Necromancers.
    The sentence below is true.
    The sentence above is false.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    While the Mod's are away, the necromancers come out to play. -.-

+1!

Dead threads coming back to life displease the panda. b:angry

-closed-
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn