prices for cannies and raps plummeting

Options
Niteshadows - Harshlands
Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
I know there is an excess of these mats but really? Shouldn't there be a stable price for them? I mean come on.b:surrender
Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Niteshadows - Harshlands on

Comments

• OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Stable price is 10k. Demands keeps it around 300k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'm just waiting for them to put awakened molds on sale, then watch people buy buy buy
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Why don`t you people sell other things besides cannies and raps, they are not even worth selling for measly 300/95k, can`t wait when all mats will be in such high supply people won`t be able to make any profit from NW and then QQ that NW ruined our economy, kinda like what we other people been saying since the beginning, enjoy while the hype lasts and gl walking around in poorly refined top tier gear. b:cute
  • Lalena - Sanctuary
    Lalena - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Prices of Raps / Cannys will of course stabilise eventually, they are still finding their mark and NW has only been out around 3 weeks so considering what a huge market change its brought to the in game economy its no surprise its taking time to settle down.

Of note is how other items have been affected such as Lunar Glade Insig. Weps which have skyrocketed from 40 mill to 60-65 mill on Sanc. since NW started. I presume Lunar mats and maybe TT mats have risen. Socket stones in catsseem to have fallen a lot since NW started to...but such is the way of any economy, rises and falls due to supply and demand .
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The only way that the price will ever stabilize is if they put a reasonable NPC price for the mats.

The reason Mirages are around 12k is because they NPC for 10k. So people buy them for slightly more than that, and sell ideally a little higher than that.

tt and lunar mats are pretty stable pricewise due to mysterious chips.

Cannys have no such value. Originally they required some serious time investment and were for gear that was amazing. Now you can pretty much pop in to NW and face roll the keyboard since you get points for literally everything from just showing up, to taking damage, to dying.

The difference reward-wise in average players and very bad players is often not much, and has entirely to do with the nation they happen to be in that match. Even really good players can still end up in 4th place and get next to nothing. Which is fair enough I think. The battle vs. the war etc.

So people go to NW, and thankfully its actually quite fun most times, and they get their goodies. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but they get a good amount. Then they all rush to the ONE FORGE IN THE WHOLE SERVER (crashing frequently) to make their stuff and sell it asap before the price falls another 15k.

The problem is not simply supply/demand as people literally can't keep from shouting from the rooftops that they are actively trying to crash the economy by bringing all their various alts to bear and steadily undercutting themselves with the cannys etc.

Then the people that actually did the work in NW have no choice but to either hang on to the mats and hopefully use them and sell the gear, or undercut lower each NW as the trolls that want to watch the economy fail and the event fail don't have to do anything whatsoever but set that mode price lower and lower because there is no NPC bottom to the market to insure that the commodity remains valuable.

I literally tried to trade cannys for mirages at 1:5 tonight and got no takers. Mirages are free if you are lv100. You can get at least 5 everyday per toon at zero cost, plus more for doing bhs and Corona dailys, and I still couldn't trade a canny for one days worth of free mirages lol

I really have no idea what the devs were thinking putting raps and cannys on the rewards list in the first place let alone at such a low token amount, and such a low coin fee to make. It effectively kills an entire endgame instance, plus caster mode which was added in special. While I despise Nirvana as a boring waste of time, with little to no reward for your time and effort, I think its pretty bad design to make it completely obsolete.

I love NW. It is something to look forward to, and its fun regardless of your skill level usually. You get stomped for triple your max hp in one shot sometimes, but hopefully not by everyone in every match :P

It certainly gets those charms selling, and apoth skills trained/herbs collected.

I just hate that the only thing that sells for decent is Seals of War, their fee is considerably larger, and their price is dropping almost as fast as the nirv mats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I know there is an excess of these mats but really? Shouldn't there be a stable price for them? I mean come on.b:surrender

I've been dealing in Warsoul and R8r mats, but been basing these transactions on rap prices=supply token prices, which is really the only fair thing you can do for friends (you do have to add the cost of manufacturing fees but there is no profit in this). While I think some people have been taking advantage of market conditions allowing them to sell Seals of War or MOGs for significantly more, it's just moronic and ridiculous that some people are willing to pay extra for what is basically the same item (supply tokens). Eventually market prices for such items should come down, the good news being that this should help prop up rap/canny prices a bit. So far prices for raps on my server have remained hovering on the 200k target, even if a lot of people are trying to buy for much less, it really isn't difficult to sell for a bit more. We may yet see a further plunge but I think we really shouldn't be that far off from the market stabilizing itself.
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yeah, this kind of things happens a lot in PWI b:chuckle

But like others said, ride the wave and try to use it in your favor or else ... b:cute

By the way, the rapture price is going in a steady drop. The cannies as well have dropped too.

The only explanation i found is ..Reasons. That's why.

Do not worry too much about it. It was bound to happen. Literally.

This is outrageous. b:surrender
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I love how people are so closed-minded to think that selling cannies/raps is the be-all end-all to making money in-game. There are plenty of other markets to get into, it just requires more effort and brainpower. (Or is that, in fact, the real problem?)

So your prime moneymaker is taking a dive because of changes in the game. It's not new. Adapt and move on. I move markets fairly regularly, but usually have a staple shop set up in case one of the others tanks. So far I'm up 20m this weekend, and expect to finish with another 30 or 40m. Then, rather than spending it uselessly on ****, I'll re-invest it and double it again.

Use market trends to your favor and stop QQing about things that change.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    nation war supply token is over 60k 2 times a week.

Not sure of the exact number, but let say 60k supply token.

Then 1 token is 5 uncanny, so 120k x 5 per week = 600k uncanny per week.

a r9 player needs around 1.2k per gear to upgrade, let say all 10 gear are upgradable. So he need 12000 canny.

Witch means that every week 50 player can get there gear recast.

So yeah price will drop, because nv gear can be made in 4 hours, instead of a few week of grind.

75% of the gear made that way before just drop considerably in price, since no one will pay $$ to get the gear faster. since they can get it any way in 4 hours of play.

The more player that recast, the less uncanny sells, the lower they drop.

So yeah 10 k per canny is the right price.

just get what you can while it last.

ofc I know not all the supply tokens are made into uncanny. But you get the point I hope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kassos - Sanctuary
    Kassos - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I think all the QQ is basically because the greedy people that spent all the money on getting 5.0 so they could farm vana and rake in the coin from other players are not able to rake in the coin anymore.

So basically they are butthurt and not intelligent enough to find a new way to **** people out of their coin.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    Options
    meh it'S PWE, that'S how they do it.

1st Year HH99 +10 came around, Then PWE made Rank 8, people quit, some change gear, new player keep going

2nd year R8 +12 got replace by R9, R8 player QQ cause they spend 2 year farming 200k rep, and for 75$ any one could be R9. Some quit, some stayed, new player just got in the program

3rd year, R9 recast came out, Refine orb hit a low price, people QQ cause now every one can be R9 +12 if they have a few $$ on the side, some quit, some stayed, new player got in the mold.

4th year, R9 3rd cast comes out, etc etc

5th year, nw comes out R9 takes 1 year to get, it'S all free etc etc

more player quit, some stay, new player get in the mold.

The point.

PWE politic on marketing is simple, give player new stuff that cost a fortune, Bleed the ritch kids from there parents fortune, Destroy the martke after 1 year, Give new players a new market to get bleeded from there money.

Instead of pressing the reset switch each year, they came whit a cleaver way to keep some people satisfied, while getting a new player base each year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle let market flood itself, exchange all for rap/canny
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • Daftajr - Lost City
    Daftajr - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Good point TCHP. I'm 5 aps, spent alot of money for gear and now the price i put intoit dropped alot. But i don't care i still can farm/make money in multiple ways just NirVana is no longer a good option.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Well of course if there was a "multiple server side market" then there were be a "multiple server wide demand" but the game is too antiquated and old for that. It might just be a bit 'hard' for PWCN to do 'anything like that' developer wise. b:laugh
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    meh it'S PWE, that'S how they do it.

1st Year HH99 +10 came around, Then PWE made Rank 8, people quit, some change gear, new player keep going

2nd year R8 +12 got replace by R9, R8 player QQ cause they spend 2 year farming 200k rep, and for 75$ any one could be R9. Some quit, some stayed, new player just got in the program

3rd year, R9 recast came out, Refine orb hit a low price, people QQ cause now every one can be R9 +12 if they have a few $$ on the side, some quit, some stayed, new player got in the mold.

4th year, R9 3rd cast comes out, etc etc

5th year, nw comes out R9 takes 1 year to get, it'S all free etc etc

more player quit, some stay, new player get in the mold.

The point.

PWE politic on marketing is simple, give player new stuff that cost a fortune, Bleed the ritch kids from there parents fortune, Destroy the martke after 1 year, Give new players a new market to get bleeded from there money.

Instead of pressing the reset switch each year, they came whit a cleaver way to keep some people satisfied, while getting a new player base each year.

Also don't forget the massive problem of "Power Creep" that the game has, its like an AIDS virus. Plus limiting the player base to nothing but items from packs hence bleeding them dry of cash. A friend of mine in 'certain other MMOGs not mentioned here that are better value for money got talking to another guild that does World Versus World and he heard that someone spent 440,000 USD in here. Oh My Gosh, thats disgusting. Probably spent that amount of money on alts. Pfft typical.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I think in the long run ppl will stop buying raps and cannies so there won't be a market for them at all. Everyone will just farm the ones they need from NW. I think it will be that way for most of the mats you get in NW, eventually they won't be worth anything because people will just farm what they need. Then Rank 10 comes out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I think all the QQ is basically because the greedy people that spent all the money on getting 5.0 so they could farm vana and rake in the coin from other players are not able to rake in the coin anymore.

So basically they are butthurt and not intelligent enough to find a new way to **** people out of their coin.

I got 5.0 to do TT, not vana. Tbh, i could care less about vana when it was a "big deal". I would just save the keys and do 99 key runs on all my chars, including sin. TT has always been the "big money". You can't vana anything unless you do lunar, or TT, and tbh, I've never had TT mats sell this good ever, so business is good. =)
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • FluffyRoar - Heavens Tear
    FluffyRoar - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

b:chuckle
    Just getting ready for Christmas.

[SIGPIC]http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380628_10151323310608254_645628187_n.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I post pictures of myself in every post I make. Maybe it's in relation to what I'm talking about, maybe it's just a random picture of me showing off. Who knows!
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    im glad i founda process to make coin in this game and limit real$$ to once every 8-12 months(giftcards at christmas)b:laugh

But yeah only time i did nirv was on x2 and with 10-12 99keys stacked up to do on multiple alts,TT runs have been the best for me and better profit turn out,i can undercut and still make a butt load of coin,1-3 quick runs can make mega coin still.

Something will change eventually,im just waiting for the right time to say i told ya so.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Aurora Agent would ruin the market of raps and canni they said...
    PWI LOGIC FAIL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Aurora Agent would ruin token prices they said...
    PWI LOGIC FAIL

Fixed. b:shutup
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    They aren't low enough for me to start caring. :o
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Prices for raps actually went up today in Sanct to around 220-230k... May still be too early to talk about a stable market but they were hovering around 190k after Friday's NW.
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Seal of war prices already dropped in raging tides.

Last 2 weeks I sold each for 22m. After last NW it seems everybody is trading tokens for seal of wars, so it's price dropped to 17-19m.

It's low, but cannies and raps price is still even lower.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Unc and Rap prices in sanc went up 15% this week compared to last.
    It was possibly my fault b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I have a feeling prices might raise on HT too, since the nirv mats are cheap, those that waited to get Summerwind Tokens cheaper will surge in, and thus prices will accidentally rise again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Unc and Rap prices in sanc went up 15% this week compared to last.
    It was possibly my fault b:surrender

same thing on harshlands. raps and uncannies went from 300 / 60 to 350 / 70 last night.
    momaganon kind of kept the prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Seems like 200k was a price point many peeps were waiting on to get their R99 done, spurring an increased demand and pulling prices back up.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    Options

Also don't forget the massive problem of "Power Creep" that the game has, its like an AIDS virus. Plus limiting the player base to nothing but items from packs hence bleeding them dry of cash. A friend of mine in 'certain other MMOGs not mentioned here that are better value for money got talking to another guild that does World Versus World and he heard that someone spent 440,000 USD in here. Oh My Gosh, thats disgusting. Probably spent that amount of money on alts. Pfft typical.

i'm not at all surprise by this 440USD. Just think about year 1 were the best deal you got for refine was 20% off from stone. Just to refine to +12 all 11 gear you have to invest a lot of money. Then there was no pack to get JOSD or G11 HP gem. I'm not even sure there was event 1 person whit any of those on the server back then.
    Good point TCHP. I'm 5 aps, spent alot of money for gear and now the price i put intoit dropped alot. But i don't care i still can farm/make money in multiple ways just NirVana is no longer a good option.

Well I would not say nv is bad to make money. Sure if you sell frost, and WG. Find ppl willing to pay for it, iyt might make more coins.

Still on 2 x caster or nv run, i,m sure will give more money then BH rewards. i,m sure GV is not even close to nv still. And most fb99 book farming, might not be an option, Book takes weeks to seel at the curent prices. Cube ... not realy

idk all the way R9 make money in here. but considering all, I think NV just drop to the same lv of all the other mechanic to make coins in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    gdmit the price went up >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan