Griding character

OOXiaoOo - Lost City
OOXiaoOo - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
Heya, i read some posts on forum but still don`t know wich class should i pick for griding money/DQ and mid-fast farm/lvling! wich one should i choose between BM-Veno-barb-Seeker!?

Thanks!
Post edited by OOXiaoOo - Lost City on

Comments

• skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Grinding DQ (though not advised anymore currently since DQ prices have been nerfed pretty significantly) is done best with a Veno, since they can let their pet do all the DD and tanking.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Skai's right about Venomancers getting the job done with less expenses than the others.
    BMs/Seekers can AoE grind pretty well by the 8x~9x Levels (earlier actually, but thats where DQ prices havent been affected) and are always sought after for Frost squads in regards to leveling~

The same applies to Barbs as well, though they are probably the most expensive of the bunch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • OOXiaoOo - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    I hear veno is good for griding with HERC and at high lvls bm is better at griding and solo too..and faster..
    and after griding money/ex/dq/etc i want a char good for BH/Frost/party too
  • Yin - Momaganon
    Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    DQ farming i would choose cleric for AOEing poison mobs and for making coins anything goes but i prefer winged elves as they can fly to west archo at lvl1.
  • OOXiaoOo - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    Eh cleric is ok ..but i hate cleric atack skill at end game..:| and cleric is cool..true.. good in party and dq farm but what about lvling?
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    For endgame DQ farming the answer is an APS char with BP -- you can farm tons of DQ items in Seat or Abbandon (Seat its a lot easier)
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    For endgame DQ farming the answer is an APS char with BP -- you can farm tons of DQ items in Seat or Abbandon (Seat its a lot easier)

Spiders are also good, I killed more than clerics with their massive pulls, but @ midgame probablly a veno, let pet do all the work.
  • OOXiaoOo - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    I think bm is better then veno/cleric.. low-mid lvl aoe farm ..high lvl aps or aoe.. right?
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Bm's are most effective farmers at mid levels with their wealth of aoes, but a veno with a good pet can farm without risk of safety
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you take a lv 50 cleric whit high IH, Purify and razor, then you can farm the Hexkiss just like the end game poison spider.

In 1 pull a cleric can kill around 12 to 16 hexkiss.

But to be honest... no one grinds at mid level any more. Whit all the free exp from bh and reflextion, it takes no times to get up to 100 and just do bh/nv/nw

If your goal is money, then try a BM, seeker or sin

If your goal is DQ then Cleric, veno. seeker, wiz, EA, what ever class can pull and zen. Even barb can farm DQ easily whit the right mobs.

But whit the new Nation war, who need to farm right ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    But whit the new Nation war, who need to farm right ....

Its only for a few hours a week though.
    Besides, that DQ can go towards event gold to purchase charms for it.

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • OOXiaoOo - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    Eh now i thing about Bm or Cleric.. both good at griding and good in party..
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    AOE will win out against aps any day when killing lots of mobs. I can kill 1 mob or 100 mobs in 2~3 hits when i aoe on bm. If i spark and aps, it will take 2~3 hits per mob, if i want to kill 100 mobs, that is 200~300 hits. You can see why aoe is better. This is aoe on lvl 108 mobs in hell with 80k hp i believe, could be 60k.

To me it seems you are under the impression that the herc just comes along. Most people pay or gamble a herc. It costs 60~110m for a herc. Until you can get it, have to use other pets. They may be cheap veno as a class, but they can be equally expensive as other if you are willing to gear them up.
    Its only for a few hours a week though.
    Besides, that DQ can go towards event gold to purchase charms for it.

b:pleased

You mean you play this game for more than 4 hours in a week b:shocked.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Im kinda of confused, why no one is mentioning Seeker but BM's for AoE? b:puzzled
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    AOE will win out against aps any day when killing lots of mobs. I can kill 1 mob or 100 mobs in 2~3 hits when i aoe on bm. If i spark and aps, it will take 2~3 hits per mob, if i want to kill 100 mobs, that is 200~300 hits. You can see why aoe is better. This is aoe on lvl 108 mobs in hell with 80k hp i believe, could be 60k.

To me it seems you are under the impression that the herc just comes along. Most people pay or gamble a herc. It costs 60~110m for a herc. Until you can get it, have to use other pets. They may be cheap veno as a class, but they can be equally expensive as other if you are willing to gear them up.

You mean you play this game for more than 4 hours in a week b:shocked.

If you don'T take in the equation, the time you spend gatering the mobs, then yeah AOE is faster vs aps.

IMO any class can zen or aps and get good result.

But when you go end games, your not talking about farming dq. Your talking about HH gold mat, nirvana, nation war, BH. those are the real coins income in the game.

Then aps win

and if your after DQ for DQ points, then any friday arch event will fill you up in a few hours.

If you really plan on farming DQ, for DQ point, then I say the veno is the best, or mystic. Pet does the job, no repair bill, not pot to spend.

PS, veno can get a glacial walker, that has the same defence has a herc, and can do a lot for free. It does not replace Herc, but it's a very good free pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OOXiaoOo - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    i choose Cleric.. bcuz he can grind DQ too at poisons mobs..no repair :P is good in party for bosses/BH/TT/frost and idk about clerics endgame.. but my choose is good?
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    i choose Cleric.. bcuz he can grind DQ too at poisons mobs..no repair :P is good in party for bosses/BH/TT/frost and idk about clerics endgame.. but my choose is good?

Correct, poison does very low damage, after 2 hours of mob killing you will pay 500 coins in repair.

Also you can make wood resistance gear, whit wood shard to get even more mob in 1 shot.

Get the poison immunity on your genie.

Any way, End game cleric, it's a support class, unless you get 3rd cast R9 +12 JOSD gear, don'T expect to own the server.

Still cleric are very usefull in pvp. Whiout them, some R9 class are unbeatable, even after a veno purge them, I saw some R9 in NW hold head 5 vs 1 and win.

But Cleric comes in, R9 goes down in 10 sec.

Maybe a R9 cleric can tell you how it is to play R9, I'm still R8/mold+5 for pvp and full G15 morai+5 for pve.

Beside, you can have 8 character on 1 account, I like playing both cleric and veno, You can make a decent rank 7 veno and grind on different area then a cleric can.

Lv91 veno and using lv 60 gear still and I can solo bosses in HH2-3 sq mode alone. But I did CS 300$ in it to get the 2 rare pet ( and a few other game item )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OOXiaoOo - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    That`s why i don`t go on veno..i need herc/nix.. too expensive
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    not any more, whit nw you can buy a nix in 6 week, right now.

event less if you get lucky.

Whit perfect chest, I spend 150$ and got 4 rare pet, witch I sold 2 back for 180 mil coins.

at the 1.5mil per gold back then, the herc and nix were in fact really cheap.

Also like I said, Herc is optional, you can farm a lot of other instance whit glacial walker.

Difference between veno and cleric, is mostly the number of pot they use.

But I have to say, that when I play my veno I rarely let my pet do all the job, and veno can drain has much pot then any other class.

Still they can do the same job undergear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Heya, i read some posts on forum but still don`t know wich class should i pick for griding money/DQ and mid-fast farm/lvling! wich one should i choose between BM-Veno-barb-Seeker!?

Thanks!

If you want to level fast get a seeker because they can solo PV with just BP and get free mobs and heads from FC sellers.

As for DQ grinding, its not important enough to base a class choice on. But if thats what you want you need to consider archer as they grind well.

A lot of ppl say that drops are nerfed if you kill mobs with a continous aoe like vortex or BOA. From my own experience this is true. DQ grinding on my seeker isn't all that great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    A lot of ppl say that drops are nerfed if you kill mobs with a continous aoe like vortex or BOA. From my own experience this is true. DQ grinding on my seeker isn't all that great.

Not sure if this is true. But over the last many year in the game. I do think the game has an undocumented drop modification.

For instance I farmed those herb whit lv 30 mob quite a lot in the past year. If you stick in 1 spot, the herb seem not to drop. But if you change location, then BAM, they started dropping more frequently.

I'm not sure if the server keeps a track of witch mob you kill. And modify the drop rate so that you move around. It would be a logical answer to prevent bot from grinding the same mob over and over.

BUT

Considering those item have like 5% drop rate, it might be just bad luck.

Moving around may just be an illusion or it might not be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Im kinda of confused, why no one is mentioning Seeker but BM's for AoE? b:puzzled

HF? I think that's why bm's own seekers in the aoe department. Also aoe stun.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Early on too mid-levels Venos & Mystics are best for it as others have already said because of their pets taking the heat.....

and as others have also said BMs & APS'rs are best later on (as the amount of friggen bots you can find can attest, almost all the ones I've seen & reported are BMs....)

Seekers are great for soloing Wraith invasions, though those are now sadly far & away very rare now in their occurances....

Barbs are the last class you want too use for quick & easy coin gains.... LOLOL!!!!b:chuckle

Also though, even Mediocrely rated APS sins with high (dex/evasion) can also be quite good at coin & drop farming gains from the mid-levs on though.....b:victory
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    BM with max aoe skills are good for farming DQ or some coins.

Its true that bots I've seen are mostly aps classes like sin or BM with fist/claw. True BM farm with axe and aoe. b:chuckle

As for clerics, I can only aoe wood poison mobs b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not sure if this is true. But over the last many year in the game. I do think the game has an undocumented drop modification.

For instance I farmed those herb whit lv 30 mob quite a lot in the past year. If you stick in 1 spot, the herb seem not to drop. But if you change location, then BAM, they started dropping more frequently.

I'm not sure if the server keeps a track of witch mob you kill. And modify the drop rate so that you move around. It would be a logical answer to prevent bot from grinding the same mob over and over.

BUT

Considering those item have like 5% drop rate, it might be just bad luck.

Moving around may just be an illusion or it might not be.

I noticed this with hay. I rolled an archer a while back because my main archer's name had a digit in it, and the name change broke a few things (old name appears every now and then even now).

Anyway. I leveled up to 22, went outside of Archo, and killed the level 22 rhinodrakes that drop hay. I purchased 10 genies or so, and dumped all exp into them at about 50% (yeah, ah... I recycled a lot of 3/20 and 4/20 genies, waste of time). I found that if I killed one rhino over and over, it would drop a hay every 15-20 minutes. If I moved around between mobs and sometimes areas, I'd get a hay ever 2-3 minutes.

During 2x, I was able to farm around 120 hay last xmas event. That was just a few hours of farming... And eventually I forgot to dump exp into a genie and leveled... Oh well.

And then the hay market went south, and I sat with hay in my shop for months, and nobody bought any. D:
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level