edited December 2012 in General Discussion
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH PW b:dirtyb:victoryb:bye
Post edited by Channman - Lost City on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I see a lot of veno on HL that enjoy them. =D (me include)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Cbean - Harshlands
    Cbean - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I see a lot of veno on HL that enjoy them. =D (me include)

YAYAYAYAYAY finally lvling up my walker
    think about making an air pet too
    plus the chi stones are amazing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    cbean [cbean]
    noun (see-bee-n)
    1. the shortened term for coffee beans, or the technical term for a group of them
    2. an energetic lively individual
    3. slowest active lvler in the history of PWI
    also, more to make myself feel better than anything else, I would like to point out that I am lvl 70
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'm just happy to level the water pets. b:victory

Air and land are easy to do in other places using (?) mobs. The only decent way to level my turtle is with snowmen.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I was rather dreading the snowmen (I do still think they're going to tip more than a few clients into crashing on NW times) but much to my surprise I've been rather enjoying them, especially since it seems a lot of other venos have yet to figure you want to equip a bow for this... On the other hand I did miss the better profits of grinding 2x while pre-leveling my pets.

And water pets? Do they also spawn in the small pier in Archo?
    b:shocked But wouln't they turn into slush?
  • Cbean - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I was rather dreading the snowmen (I do still think they're going to tip more than a few clients into crashing on NW times) but much to my surprise I've been rather enjoying them, especially since it seems a lot of other venos have yet to figure you want to equip a bow for this... On the other hand I did miss the better profits of grinding 2x while pre-leveling my pets.

ikr lol
    its been really funny 2 watch a bunch of venos use venom repeatedly while i take their tag
    bought 1100 arrows and the lowest level bow and iv used about half
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    cbean [cbean]
    noun (see-bee-n)
    1. the shortened term for coffee beans, or the technical term for a group of them
    also, more to make myself feel better than anything else, I would like to point out that I am lvl 70
  • Lord_Mot - Harshlands
    Lord_Mot - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

There are a few within bow range of the harbor in the east part of Archosaur, and also from the pool in SE Archo. You just can't get the drops without a little help. My wife tried the pool in Plume, but it's been a couple of years and I can't remember if the snowmen were in range.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that understand binary and those that don't.b:chuckle
  • Rolands - Dreamweaver
    Rolands - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    look how kids are getting excited
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    There are a few within bow range of the harbor in the east part of Archosaur, and also from the pool in SE Archo. You just can't get the drops without a little help. My wife tried the pool in Plume, but it's been a couple of years and I can't remember if the snowmen were in range.
    Ooh~, I was trying to figure out how that worked yesterday, because I was running around arch looking for strange snowmen who spawned rediculousily close to water and didn't see any xD Thankies.
    And of course we can become excited, they drop a bunch of chifoods :D For free lol
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cbean - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Options
    is there any reason to lvl a water pet at later lvls?
    all i got is a walker atm

if there is, imma start now b/c i love you snowmen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    cbean [cbean]
    noun (see-bee-n)
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    Options

Eh just the ability to be less effected by dropping into water/breaking the 'venos are afraid of water' rule/Dragon Temple/being useful in every terrain, yadda yadda... our speed buff negates in water, you know >:
    Bragging rights <.< >.>
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

The abysmal turtle leveled up is just like having a walker, but in the water. It's the closest you can get to a herc under the sea.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The abysmal turtle leveled up is just like having a walker, but in the water. It's the closest you can get to a herc under the sea.

And right now, there is no reason to have a strong water pet. There are no lv 100 underwater quests that i know of, and people flock to jungle instead of dragon temple now.

Back when i was a noob, veno was the class i was scared of most in open world pvp. nix bleed, bramble hood, couldnt win no matter what i did in a 1 v1.
    dragon temple changed that though, easy kills on venos cause no scary flying kfc coming for me.

Back to the main topic of discussion, what do snowmen matter. all they do is lag us and make us turn off common chat. I hate themb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    look how kids are getting excited

pff a kid calling someone else a kid...

Been loving it nice to farm chi stones and make attack charms with
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Don't. It's not just that there's no actual need, as others have pointed out, but that a new amphibian pet is getting released early next year. Regardless of stats, that you can level/use this pet on land is going to make all other water pets obsolete.

Also, atacking snowmen from the water sounds neither practical nor enjoyable. Which goes to the point that, while there have always been obsesive completionists up for the task, leveling water pets has always been a nightmarish, monotonous and near pointless activity. You'll do fine with whatever pet you can get close to your level (even 20 levels below will do) or even with none at all. I had at some point the fancy of leveling a mermaid as a unique water pet for my veno (not an undine, but actual mermaid type mobs on the 5x range, don't remember what they're called) but had to give it up after only a couple of levels as I discovered just to what extent leveling water mobs is tedious. Also it was one of those models that changes its appearance after it's tamed. The mob in the wild is a vampish kind of thing with a red tail, grey pale skin and dark hair and lips. Once it's in your pet bag however it grows larger, gets a goofy expression and becomes a tanned blonde with a green tail...

Just get the standard cookiecutter plumpfish if you hit 80 before the new pet comes out.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Don't. It's not just that there's no actual need, as others have pointed out, but that a new amphibian pet is getting released early next year. Regardless of stats, that you can level/use this pet on land is going to make all other water pets obsolete.
    Ah, yes that pet... despite it I still want to train up an actual water pet just to be able to say I did so xD
    But soon that'll probabily be the only point :x So...
  • Cbean - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Options
    is the new pet the water version of nix/herc?
    or is it like that new morai skeletal thingy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    cbean [cbean]
    noun (see-bee-n)
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Eum apparentily it's an advanced version of the 'turtle' that we don't have here, so it's at least somewhat likeily; we don't have any details on that pet other than it being dual terrain, though.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    is the new pet the water version of nix/herc?
    or is it like that new morai skeletal thingy?

From what translators have assumed, it is a pet that can be used on land and in water. it has a short ranged attacked, kinda like those monkey mobs that throw rocks, but it looks like an awesome kirin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]