Windows 8 - Help?

RimaStaar - Dreamweaver
RimaStaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Support Desk
I have a clean form of Windows 8 and am having issues downloading the game. Any recommendations? (It stops downloading at 99% or I get a notepad)
Post edited by RimaStaar - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• RimaStaar - Dreamweaver
    RimaStaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ohhh, just kidding <3
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Still need help ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • douglasbockover
    douglasbockover Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, I have Windows 8 and I simply get the notepad. Please help.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Try to find install.exe if can find it then simply double click and start installing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keiko_Soma - Sanctuary
    Keiko_Soma - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wound up copying my filed from my windows 7 for PW and putting them on an external HD. I copied them to c:/ or if yours was installed to program files. Paste it to the same file path you copied it from in your windows 8 installation and then run the launcher. It should check for updates, it might ask you to run in compatibility, say yes. Works fine for me. If you say no to compatibility, it doesn't work.
    102 Cleric sage
    100 Barb sage
    101 Archer Demon
    101 BM Demon
    94 Veno demon
    78 Mystic, 68 Psy, 48 Sin, 30 Wiz
    I think I need to stop making alts.... :3
  • Cajabra - Harshlands
    Cajabra - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am having the same problem, brand new computer with windows 8. It downloads, gets to 99% then stops. I've shut my firewall and anti virus off. Anyone know what to do?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Basically the Pando Booster sux, Use Torrent Method to download the game, it is more faster and reliable. Before downloading the game diasble your anti-virus and firewall etc , then start downloading after it's done install the game , update the game you can use Manual patch it is more faster then auto-update and doesn't stuck in between.
    Add the game files to anti-virus/security/firewall exception lists before enabling it ,Run the game in Adminstrator Mode. You should be able to login and play ! Good Luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cajabra - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Everything working fine, thank you very much for your help b:thanks
  • Cajabra - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Sooo, now I'm having problems with bug reports. My graphics will get all weird sometimes and bug reports something terrible. During tw tonight I got 6 or more bug reports. Sometimes it's just when I'm flying around Arch. Any suggestions?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Make sure your graphic's drivers are updated, Lower-down your distance completely while in heavily populated areas use Best Performance and Lower-Down your graphic's Setting that might help you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Tash_ - Heavens Tear
    _Tash_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    need suggestion on how to download pwi for windows 8 any suggestion plzzz let me know thanks...
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    need suggestion on how to download pwi for windows 8 any suggestion plzzz let me know thanks...

Same as you download it in Win 7, just make sure to add the client files in security software right after u download it and install it, and when ur downloading it disable your security cause it might throttle it or cause any issue. Since pwi isn't updated to Win 8 u maybe have to run Win 7 or XP compatibility mode

Good Luck !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]