Nation Wars: New Time Slots?

Comments

• Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Once again.. can we get any official reply from someone that can actually do something or at least cares about this? I know this random guy called Val I believe that someone told me a few days ago that he is supposed to be able to fix things here, of course I didn t believe that since anyone able to fix something on PWI is a myth, but in case that person exist can we get a reply or at least any action? almost a month has already passed and the people from EU or the ones that for any reason can t go to the event are more and more leaving behind since now all the pwi economy or chances of gear up are related to NW.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to make an "official" announcement here that we are currently evaluating what it would take to expand the NW time slots w/out harming the balance of the game.

We definitely do not want to leave players out, particularly given how important Nation Wars is now, but we also have to be careful to make sure the rewards aren't messed up by increasing the access.

We're doing our best right now to come up with a good solution, but unfortunately, it won't happen soon. This is one of my top priorities, however, and I'm going to fight hard to make sure more players have access to Nation Wars.

- Val
    Once again.. can we get any official reply from someone that can actually do something or at least cares about this? I know this random guy called Val I believe that someone told me a few days ago that he is supposed to be able to fix things here, of course I didn t believe that since anyone able to fix something on PWI is a myth, but in case that person exist can we get a reply or at least any action? almost a month has already passed and the people from EU or the ones that for any reason can t go to the event are more and more leaving behind since now all the pwi economy or chances of gear up are related to NW.

Page 5, post #46.

Before ask a Gm to answer check if he already did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I hope Labells reads this and get's out of her corner b:mischievous

The main problem is the players that for who the current times fit perfectly well, a big part don't want the events more accessible. After all, if everyone can do attend to nation wars, none of the rewards would sell anymore or it would be at least chopped down a lot. Being in the zone = farm advantage + merchant advantage.

Therefore, there are a lot of posters like that archer who sais "not to care" who's simply trying to make the issue smaller then it really is. A similar communication plan was used for goon glitch and ini editing, which is a reason everything takes so long imo. You even see them post in a poll asking EU players if they would actually change servers if it were to be allowed...

Next to ini editing, I would like to give an older exemple : auto-path. That is a feature comming from the suggestion forums, and also took a while to get to actual implementing with all the hostility about it's "useless-ness". Not even 1 week after it got implemented, nobody could do without anymore.

Well, at least we can say they changed the unballance between classes has been largely resolved ... b:surrender

This. Reminds me of a discussion with KawaiiJen on event times before NW.

b:cute who would think I could agree with you b:cute

*Offers Tawarwaith a cookie*

Ok so I've watched the conversation over the last few pages devolve.

*grabs strings of thread & tries to lift it to constructive level*

Everyone is making reasonable points. The players who are consistently doing well every NW currently won't want times changed because this will threaten their new found income, same as every other weekly event that is at a fixed time, and yes it is true that if you can't go to the event you can benefit from setting up a shop and buying the goodies.

What we have here is something that is not NW specific it is a fundamental flaw & issue with this game, all events are at fixed times and <insert whatever diety you wish> forbid PWI actually do something to balance the game and be fairer to ALL the players that for some unknown reason continue to stay despite PWI's treatment of us and their disdain towards us. (I'm starting to think we all may have batter wives syndrome we know we should leave but we seem unable for various reason b:surrender)

Why can't PWI rotate it's event calendar on a weekly basis which would atleast show SOME semblence of balancing out this game. If they "can't" do this why don't they get rid of the calendar and save themselves some space in the game files (it's useless anyway)

btw try being in Australia and manufacturing the lvl 80 Eye of the Jungle you not only have to collect the mats BUT also wait for a day off or a public holiday so you can enter the instance to make the thing - you can't trade the mats (and lower belt) to anyone else because their bound and giving your account details to a friend to do is against TOS.

PWI need to stop thinking in terms of their Head offices phyiscal location and start thinking global, every other large organisation on the planet has, it is concerning that a gaming company that SHOULD be at the cutting edge of technology quite frankly is back in the 90's.

and for the love of Pan Gu can a GM actually comment on this thread in the near future to actually PROVE that they are staying on top of this issue not merely providing lip service to it.

*Stuffs cookie in mouth & noms ponderously*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What i dont get is the ppl, who are against time changing, saying u can make 100's of millions else where blablabla as a reason. So a time change wont affect these ppl right or not b:questionb:chuckle
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I thought of making a short summary of the main points of this thread since there have been some fighting and derailment going on (and I admit I was worked up a little too.)

Main points with NW:

- NW is a farming instance so limiting farming to a specific timezone only is wrong. (You can farm uncannies, raptures, R8r materials, warsoul materials just to name a few. It caused Nirvana, Caster Nirvana and Trials in several factions to die out so it has become harder or impossible to farm specific things unless you participate in NW.)

- NW had a huge impact in the economy and screwed things up for some people. (I can't speak from personal experience but I know people who were highly effected by the Nirvana market crashing/dying out, I've seen some of them quit the game even. NW also became a significant money-making event.)

- NW is already running twice a week so it makes more sense to run at different times or add more time slots (provided some nerf in the rewards occur). (NW generally isn't like the other events and was designed to be different etc. so I consider the complaints for NW to be valid unlike the complaints for the other events in the past.)

Solutions?:

- EU players move to EU servers. (That's not really possible for several reasons; server-transfer isn't available and starting over is not something everyone can do, people also have friends & good factions on the servers they are currently playing on. Also, this is not an option for players from different continents such as Asia, Australia etc. who may be facing time zone issues and EU time zone may not work out for them either.)

- Change Sunday's time. (That was the first suggestion but after reading the forums I understand this can't work out so well but it's still being suggested so I'm adding it to the list.)

- Add more time slots. (This could actually work out well if each player can only get an entrance pass once a day/week, depending on how many time slots are added. A nerf in the rewards would be required/necessary. It will potentially give people reasons to NW with their alts instead of afk-ing with them.

People with many alts could potentially abuse it though. My guess would be to limit the entry pass per account. Of course certain people will still abuse the system but..just trying to brainstorm here D:).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    *\o/* GO LABELLS !

It's great to have a constructive point of view of another timezone.
    What we have here is something that is not NW specific it is a fundamental flaw & issue with this game, all events are at fixed times

Agreed on that. It's a structural flaw that has been amplified slowly over several years (at the start, it was just TW, dragon temple and CoA. Now even marriage requires a timezone b:surrender). There have been some threads about this, asking for changes. But for most it was just a minor annoyance. NW is just the "too much" trigger for most players, as it's the first real game changing event with totally irrealistic rewards.

*Takes cookie to a quiet place to enjoy it*

@Desdi : Nice resume b:mischievous
  • Snowycookie - Sanctuary
    Snowycookie - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Cause there are idiots who want to change nation time to 8am... and I don't want to wake up at 8am.

Seriously, I would be HAPPY if NW would started 8:20am my time! But no, it starts 6:20am and for some, it is 3:20am. So seriously, if you dont have anything better to say, then dont say anything at all. u__u
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    if your gonna stay on a US based server for friends or just not wanting to start over your just gonna have to make some sacrifices because it doesnt make a lick of sense to change times toward people that that server wasnt originally intended for.
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Jax - Momaganon
    Jax - Momaganon Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Looking forward to see all you european players to come join the german server. We all speak english and could use some more players. Thank you and good luck from Momaganon server.

This little gem was wayyyy back on page 5, and i quote it here for those who missed it.

Many of us left 101+ very well geared characters and started from scratch when the EU servers were created a couple of years ago. The lack of server transfer didn't stop us, nor should it stop you. Come on over to the EU servers. We DO speak english there, those who say we don't haven't spent much time there I suspect.

And maybe there IS a gap in WC, especially during EU night time, but by the same token it isn't as full of inane WCrap as I left behind on sanctuary server either.

We do have our trolls of course, so there's still popcorn and beer time at least once a day, but even many of them have been known to run back to back bhs for lower level players, just to be nice.

So come on over, come NW with us, and prepare to share the rewards on a server where I've yet to experience being NW base-bound.

As SpiritDivine said, we'd love to have you.

And if you choose to stay put, well more power to ya', but IMO you really oughta make your peace with the North American server times.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Switch Saturday 2pm TW time and Friday 8pm NW time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    I guess people didn't even bother reading my summary/resume XD

@Eoria - I'd be all for that idea plus the TW lovers would have their TW times back as they wanted.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    I guess people didn't even bother reading my summary/resume XD

@Eoria - I'd be all for that idea plus the TW lovers would have their TW times back as they wanted.

Your third solution is the most viable but also easiest to exploit in a sense. Even if it was an account wide once a week limit, most of the older players either directly own, or have access to, more than 4 accounts. So we'd be able to easily attend every NW and reap massive benefits (remember, 2 accounts per person only applies to multiclients and to those who make accounts AFTER the rule change. Those of us who had more than 2 prior to the change are still allowed to use them all as long as we aren't on more than 2 at a time) while all of the newer players would be limited to whatever single day/time they chose.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Your third solution is the most viable but also easiest to exploit in a sense. Even if it was an account wide once a week limit, most of the older players either directly own, or have access to, more than 4 accounts. So we'd be able to easily attend every NW and reap massive benefits (remember, 2 accounts per person only applies to multiclients and to those who make accounts AFTER the rule change. Those of us who had more than 2 prior to the change are still allowed to use them all as long as we aren't on more than 2 at a time) while all of the newer players would be limited to whatever single day/time they chose.

Yea it's why I said in a previous post that if they make more than 2 nations and limit to one time each account, they should change the rules of the amount of accounts someone can have so some people don't have advantage on other, but to stay with the rule of not more than 2 accounts online at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    OPKossy wrote: »

Yeah..well NW has some big flaws in general. It feels like we're Beta testing it now to be honest but I'm trying to stay positive that it will be improved (already getting a map update and all).

I just want this thread to keep going on and present ideas and possible options/solutions while avoiding flaming because it feels like we're getting somewhere or is it just me XD
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Yea it's why I said in a previous post that if they make more than 2 nations and limit to one time each account, they should change the rules of the amount of accounts someone can have so some people don't have advantage on other, but to stay with the rule of not more than 2 accounts online at the same time.
    This I agree with. Frankly the current rule punishes those who follow them more than anything else because some people (myself included) have enough e-mail accounts to easily bypass the e-mail filter and make as many accounts as they please. And if they don't care about the account restrictions, it's not exactly difficult for them to make more accounts for whatever they need. I know I have enough accounts to be able to make my own full squad (assuming I wanted to run enough clients regardless of the current rule) and I doubt I'm the only one who does. So things that are account restricted really don't mean much to me and I'm one example in a game with thousands of players on multiple servers.
    Yeah..well NW has some big flaws in general. It feels like we're Beta testing it now to be honest but I'm trying to stay positive that it will be improved (already getting a map update and all).

I just want this thread to keep going on and present ideas and possible options/solutions while avoiding flaming because it feels like we're getting somewhere or is it just me XD

You're right on both counts. Ast's recent post showing the map change on China kinda drives your point home. While I can't really think of any ways to deal with ALL our current issues without making even more, I'm happy that here we've been able to reasonably discuss pros and cons of people's ideas so we can figure out ways to balance it all.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Bumping this because...well, just to keep it around and maybe we'll get more answers eventually.
  • spacemuncher
    spacemuncher Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What about shifting 1 NW during the day on Fridays ans NW at night during Sundaysb:thanks
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What about shifting 1 NW during the day on Fridays ans NW at night during Sundaysb:thanks

Friday daytime people usually working/at school. 8pm is perfect.
  • potatoking
    potatoking Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    can't you make one NW in the morning and one in the night? like one @ 8pm and another @ 8am???

i don't want to skip work just to play it.. if i keep skipping work, i won't have the money to buy more zen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Bumping this because...well, just to keep it around and maybe we'll get more answers eventually.

Hope I won't get blamed for this, but from the PMs I send to v4liance I understand (with personal added comments) that :
    1) There won't be a servertransfer possibility anytime soon (I requested something like that myself, so got a pretty clear answer).
    2) They are looking at a solution by adding more timeslots or changing an existing timeslot. (All I can say is that there seems to be a higher certainty level on this then when I PMed him previous time.)
    3) He hopes we're patient (Which I doubt many will be considering it's almost Xmass).
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the updates Empu. It's good to know they are still looking into it and..well I'm not expecting any changes until after Christmas anyhow. The staff must be preparing for Christmas shopping and whatnot! b:laugh
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    ..well I'm not expecting any changes until after Christmas anyhow. The staff must be preparing for Christmas shopping and whatnot! b:laugh

Which is actually pretty sad... Between Christmas and new years day is a time many actually have free time, that those who are pissed about the current situation will spend it otherwise. Plus that Christmas means many will find another game or something else to occupy their free time under the tree with a nice shiny ribbon.

Now is actually a pretty bad time to ask for patience, especially if nothing concrete is announced.

I PM'ed v4liance with a request concerning my situation, which I hope to be able to get to a reasonable solution/compromise. Well, it all depends in what he's able, allowed and willing to do. I know of myself, that if nothing changed or even announced before I get in my low-activity periode with work (which is end of next week), PWI will end up in a dusty box like any toy/game that lost my interest. Untill I open it again someday out of nostalgia or to give it another shot in a few months, years, decades ...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Which is actually pretty sad... Between Christmas and new years day is a time many actually have free time, that those who are pissed about the current situation will spend it otherwise. Plus that Christmas means many will find another game or something else to occupy their free time under the tree with a nice shiny ribbon.

Now is actually a pretty bad time to ask for patience, especially if nothing concrete is announced.

I PM'ed v4liance with a request concerning my situation, which I hope to be able to get to a reasonable solution/compromise. Well, it all depends in what he's able, allowed and willing to do. I know of myself, that if nothing changed or even announced before I get in my low-activity periode with work (which is end of next week), PWI will end up in a dusty box like any toy/game that lost my interest. Untill I open it again someday out of nostalgia or to give it another shot in a few months, years, decades ...
    isnt it the time where most TW signups dwindle cause their all busy with friends and family? ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    People complaining "bad time zone for me QQ' and rather not deal with it whatsoever unless it ticks into their timezone and keep QQ'ing about it on forums 24/7 when this gives them the ability to merchant the rewards from the people who do it. We don't need new time slots for NW, we need smarter people who know how to merchant if they wish to stay on non-EU based servers.
    read back a little and missed this b:surrender i kinda agree. Too much complaining, not only about the time zones but even for the NW strategy of how its suppose to be played.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    isnt it the time where most TW signups dwindle cause their all busy with friends and family? ;o

I don't know if TW signups have are significant in that matter, but keep in mind that past 2 years Christmasday and new years day were both in the weekend. The time between those 2 days I always found Sanc more crowded with actually moving characters at the times I was on.
    read back a little and missed this b:surrender i kinda agree.

I'd really like an explanaition on how participating in an event makes the player unable to merchant the rewards ...
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't know if TW signups have are significant in that matter, but keep in mind that past 2 years Christmasday and new years day were both in the weekend. The time between those 2 days I always found Sanc more crowded with actually moving characters at the times I was on.

I'd really like an explanaition on how participating in an event makes the player unable to merchant the rewards ...

This. I try my best to participate in nw, and i also do merchant the stuff. Believe it or not some EU people actually just want to have fun, and nw is very fun.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Ehh I've said it before... It's kinda wrong to limit a farming instance to a specific timezone when farming has been time-zone-free for years.

I mean, if there were more instances like NW from the beginning I'd have left the game because I understand PWI is focused on NA time zone and population but up until now Lunar, TT, Warsong, Nirvana etc. were all available at any time of the day.

It's not so much about the "QQ i'm poor" as is the very concept and idea of what they did. Sure, we might not get change, NW might stay as it is. I'll just move on with my life but it doesn't hurt to try and make a change, you know?
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    It's not so much about the "QQ i'm poor" as is the very concept and idea of what they did.

You know I'm very poor Des ... I really need the monies b:cry At this rate, without logging on while Nation Wars crushed prices and gives good money for those participating, the gear I have might actually become just average in a few months b:surrender

Sorry for brag, couldn't resist b:cute

Anyway, I'm a bit dissapointed I don't hear anything on my last message (not spamming v4liance, but send 3 messages since start of this issue). Honestly, if he proposed me just 1 lvl'ed toon on the french server with with gear somewhat comparable to what I have on 1 of my accounts, I'd take it and let them delete the old characters. That's what I would do when confronted with a long-term customer. It shouldn't be to hard to delete all characters on an account and then put a lvl103 character on another server with either gear that's somewhat comparable to that of the deleted ones, or even just a bunch of gold that matches the value of the gear/items. There is usually a reasonable compromise possible that doesn't take too much effort and will at least satisfy the other. I guess he either doesn't have the autonomy to decide on something like that, or he doesn't care wether a 4-year customer stays or quits.
  • Rossaria - Sanctuary
    Rossaria - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ehh I've said it before... It's kinda wrong to limit a farming instance to a specific timezone when farming has been time-zone-free for years.

I mean, if there were more instances like NW from the beginning I'd have left the game because I understand PWI is focused on NA time zone and population but up until now Lunar, TT, Warsong, Nirvana etc. were all available at any time of the day.

It's not so much about the "QQ i'm poor" as is the very concept and idea of what they did. Sure, we might not get change, NW might stay as it is. I'll just move on with my life but it doesn't hurt to try and make a change, you know?

I agree! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Any update on this? b:surrender