Essence of Def shortage

G_tar_God - Dreamweaver
G_tar_God - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
Is DW the only server having this shortage?

I mean running Lunar when its not x2 for purely Ess of Def is hard unless u do it with a few friends and do multi runs so each of em gets an Essence and that's not an option for every1.

Ofc you can wait for when its BH day, but there's only so many runs you can do. Also it's not the easiest to make a profit from the mats that drop either so its hard to keep ur coin up from payin 3mill for a squad run.

Would be nice if PWI could make another option for us to get em. Maybe make WS/Lunar drop 1 of each Essence?
G_tar_God ~ 104
Aussie represent for PWI

"Life without music would be a mistake..." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by G_tar_God - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not sure on HT currently, but now I'm thinking about holding my Essence of Defense mats now for moar monies.

Joking aside, very little people run Lunar during 1x, you only have the "free run, my mats" people opening it. However, many are reaching s3 r9 too, after weapon, they aim for armor, and that can eat up lots of EoD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's only gonna get worse unless they remove the lunar fee. Never saw a point for that useless fee anyway, defeats the whole purpose.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not sure on HT currently, but now I'm thinking about holding my Essence of Defense mats now for moar monies.

Joking aside, very little people run Lunar during 1x, you only have the "free run, my mats" people opening it. However, many are reaching s3 r9 too, after weapon, they aim for armor, and that can eat up lots of EoD.

This. And those squads actually fill! I don't know about other servers but Essences are an easy 5-6m on Sanc. I don't get it at all. If I posted up on wc....

"Starting Full Lunar BH path, you must sell me 1m+ of your coin for 500k for inv, pm me"!

....would people still join? On the other hand full runs with fair split are as rare as hell and finding a willing tank is near impossible. Yet it's quick and easy with a competent squad and a nice change in scenery from the usual instances.

To be more on topic, the shortage in essences is pretty much people are still mostly unwilling to try it. I blame the fee for this mostly, it's a huge disincentive to anyone who doesn't research into it a little (in other words, 90% of the game).
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's only gonna get worse unless they remove the lunar fee. Never saw a point for that useless fee anyway, defeats the whole purpose.

Before G16/R9 came out lunar nirvana gear was end game gear and arguably better than TT nirvana. You used to be able to make the opening fee back off the essences that dropped and if you got lucky on the gold mats.

The problem is that people only run lunar for the BH which is the least profitable or the three sections. I used to farm lunar during 2x to make a full lunar set and getting the EoD at the end was a bonus. Now that people are done with gear they have no need to run the instance and therefore only get EoD when people do a BH.

If the demand for EoD is really so high then people should start running lunar for this reason and I would recommend people doing so to do the drake fling path on a non BH day as a gold mat from this path will pay for 2-3 runs (If you can sell it b:surrender)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Here's a hint. If a high demand mat is in short supply go farm it and sell for a high mark up. Really this might as well be setting off an alarm. People got so used to Nirvana they forgot how to play the rest of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    Fate/Soul - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Here's a hint. If a high demand mat is in short supply go farm it and sell for a high mark up. Really this might as well be setting off an alarm. People got so used to Nirvana they forgot how to play the rest of the game.

+1 to this
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Add EoD to my suggestion of nirvana vile bosses. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • G_tar_God - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012

I dont wanna sell the mat though, I need it xD
    And the costs/time outweight the profit(not counting the EoD), mind u im not that good with Lunar essence prices, so I could be wrong on that.
    G_tar_God ~ 104
    Aussie represent for PWI

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012

thinking is hard b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrystalLu - Heavens Tear
    CrystalLu - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you are on Heaven's Tear Server, don't worry I've got you covered. b:chuckle
  • LiQQy - Sanctuary
    LiQQy - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you notice that now after 2x is over you did something wrong. b:bye
    edited December 2012

Problem with this is, who will go past to last boss when common knowledge is that the opener will get the EoD and profit now? You need a good squad for that boss. Well, actually a sin, barb, and cleric as I've trio'd him but the cleric must be charmed and they get major overtime charm kill with he's burn. And now people are even saying this method is "Exploiting" others simply because they think it's only right to sell and split the EoD value because it's gone up so high. Only if you got an amazing +12 char will you be able to farm it solely.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Problem with this is, who will go past to last boss when common knowledge is that the opener will get the EoD and profit now? You need a good squad for that boss. Well, actually a sin, barb, and cleric as I've trio'd him but the cleric must be charmed and they get major overtime charm kill with he's burn. And now people are even saying this method is "Exploiting" others simply because they think it's only right to sell and split the EoD value because it's gone up so high. Only if you got an amazing +12 char will you be able to farm it solely.

So, the mat is valuable enough for a squad to run but its not fair that the one who pays the open fee gets the mat.

There must be a way to solve this apparently impossible equation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, actually a sin, barb, and cleric as I've trio'd him but the cleric must be charmed and they get major overtime charm kill with he's burn. And now people are even saying this method is "Exploiting" others simply because they think it's only right to sell and split the EoD value because it's gone up so high. Only if you got an amazing +12 char will you be able to farm it solely.

Heh every ranged character can solo that boss. He is stationary and has almost no ranged attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Guess getting a free Basic Badge isn't worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Would be nice if PWI could make another option for us to get em. Maybe make WS/Lunar drop 1 of each Essence?

dear pwi pls ignore that....less ess of def means more demand....more demand makes lunar more profitable as the prices rise....

jeez....u've been stuck in ws so much u dont even want to hear about lunar

if i remember well u were qqing about ws being hard ...till u figured it out....now go figure out lunar

and +1 to ast (sry i read your post after i wrote mine)
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And now people are even saying this method is "Exploiting" others simply because they think it's only right to sell and split the EoD value because it's gone up so high.

But it is. Heck, sometimes I feel like joining a full "free" Lunar run and once the squad is formed, competing with the opener.

"Hey guys, how about I pay the fee AND give you all 100k at the end and I keep essence?" b:victory

Technically I get 1.5m-2m pure profit and a BH done, so why not? The whole concept of "free" runs is crazy and just takes advantage of the ignorant. The answer to this problem is rather simple anyway. Run full lunar multiple times, take your splits and gold mat profits, add them together and set up a cat shop buying an essence. Bam, essence farmed. -.-
  • G_tar_God - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    slamstone wrote: »
    dear pwi pls ignore that....less ess of def means more demand....more demand makes lunar more profitable as the prices rise....

jeez....u've been stuck in ws so much u dont even want to hear about lunar

if i remember well u were qqing about ws being hard ...till u figured it out....now go figure out lunar

and +1 to ast (sry i read your post after i wrote mine)

I dont think I ever said WS was hard, just time consuming and every1 knows im lazy xD

Less Ess of Def means more demand yes, and makes Lunar more profitable as the price of Ess of Def rises, yes. But, I'm not lookin to sell the Ess of Def as do alot of r9 3rd cast hopefuls.
    The only profit to gain would be from the Lunar essences/gold mat drops. Liam_ said ppl could sell the lunar ess/gold mats and then buy Ess of Def, but ppl aint sellin em on our server yet xD If ppl started farming lunar and sellin their Ess of Def, then what alot of ppl are sayin could work, though I'm not really seeing that happen.
    G_tar_God ~ 104
    Aussie represent for PWI

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Heh every ranged character can solo that boss. He is stationary and has almost no ranged attack.

Too many people trying to still APS their way through it. Meanwhile a ranged character can just go make themselves a snack or something while the boss dies a painful death. b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wouldn't call it a shortage since everyone's free to farm. More like everyone and their mother suddenly wants EoDs, but there's only so many on the market. So people actually get away with marking up theirs by a few mil.

Keep seeing "free lunars" now. Yea totally gonna leave the essence to you, when the fees 3mil and essense run at 6mil+. Sucks for the people who agree to getting ripped off like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm not lookin to sell the Ess of Def as do alot of r9 3rd cast hopefuls.

but ppl aint sellin em on our server yet xD If ppl started farming lunar and sellin their Ess of Def

1. they are not selling or u dont want to pay the higher price?

2. they may not be selling because they farm and use EOD for craft and sell the whole combo (tt99 mats molds badges and ess of def)...in this case u can't say there isn't a good supply of eod...its just that the NV market is offering way higher profit margins than r9...therefore if u want it so bad and u dont want to farm them....u need to offer them enough to start thinking that if they sell mat by mat (TT99 or badge+molds to NV and EOD to R9) they would gain more

3. the farming on your server offers way bigger profit margins by choosing another instance than lunar (besides NW...lets say TT or idk maybe gv)...in which case u still need to raise the stakes to make them choose LG over the other

in every scenario letting ppl know that your offering a good price for EOD...good enough to make them farm in your place....will solve the problem

EOD are for LG and EOF are for WS deal with it if u dont want to farm (and im speaking in general...same as with WS in previouse post)

and yes i agree with the anti free lunar....i wanna smack them every time i see a "free lunar" announce....but on the other hand if there are ppl willing to be robbed this way...there will allways be ppl willing to be the robber (good for them...as long as they find suckers to fall for it...its just another way of business...maybe not the moral way....but a way nonetheless )
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Too many people trying to still APS their way through it. Meanwhile a ranged character can just go make themselves a snack or something while the boss dies a painful death. b:laugh
    +1
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I agree with what has been said on the thread. The main problem is that the majority of people run Warsong and very few actually run Lunar (especially on non BH days, especially with 2x drops off) so there are many people who are making G16 Nirvana gear or R9 3rd cast but not enough people running Lunar and therefore not enough EoDs on the market.

It is quite hard to form a squad and wc squads might be epic, good or awful. A lot of people don't want to risk it and the general playerbase just doesn't want to run it for some reason.

I honestly like Lunar and find it fun, plus it's the instance I've run the least in PWI so it's a nice change of scenery for me.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2012

omg... someone figured out supply and demand! Global economy is ruined!

Whenever I make a squad I throw out "Guys mind if I pay everyones entrance fee but get the EoD? Everything else random" and I'm surprised how many people say "Sure!" or "Yay! free Lunar"

Wow! You're excited about me offering 2.5m to get a 6m item?

On Sanctuary they went as high as 8-10m, but are back down to 6m each. Meanwhile, EoOs are running about 1.5m

If you're farming Lunar, don't take BH route. Take another route and you'll get better drops, although some routes are harder than others. Unfortunately, Lunar is probably the area in the game where bad squads are the most evident and WC squads usually suck. I have the worst luck with squad in there, between +2 tt90 clerics, 4k hp sins, or squads that take 5-10 mins to kill bosses when it seems like I can solo in quicker than that time.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • SwordFarm - Sanctuary
    SwordFarm - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The whole thread is a free money making tip. Advertise a free bh lunar run. You pay the fee and you get the Essence of Defense at the end, then you sell it for as high as you can.

The only catshop in west arch I can find with them is selling them for 8 mil each.

A lot of people complained about the Lunar fee in the past, so if they wanna have a free bh lunar run and someone else gets money/essences, more power to them. b:laugh
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This. And those squads actually fill! I don't know about other servers but Essences are an easy 5-6m on Sanc. I don't get it at all. If I posted up on wc....

On HT... I see ess of def going for 3 mil on wc all the time. With some luck and a cat, you can get them as low at 2-2.5.
    "Starting Full Lunar BH path, you must sell me 1m+ of your coin for 500k for inv, pm me"!

Some people are poor and some are stupid. Why would you care which one they are.
    ....would people still join? On the other hand full runs with fair split are as rare as hell and finding a willing tank is near impossible. Yet it's quick and easy with a competent squad and a nice change in scenery from the usual instances.

A lot easier when you (I) can tank.
    To be more on topic, the shortage in essences is pretty much people are still mostly unwilling to try it. I blame the fee for this mostly, it's a huge disincentive to anyone who doesn't research into it a little (in other words, 90% of the game).

Stop blaming everything/body else but yourself. It is really you own fault if you can't find anyone to run it. One wc and I can get enough people for 2-3 lunars.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Get a good group (friends usually), run multiples. Opener keeps drops. Take turns.

Honestly I did it for the badges, I didn't care about getting a turn to pay. 15-20 mins for 3 Badges? Yes please. I even did some 10 minute runs.

Your other option is splitting the open fee, and splitting the sell of the EoD(s).
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited December 2012

Oh right I remember seeing an archer do this in 1 run a long time ago. Where do archers stand so the boss doesn't move towards them or attack? I forgot. People's sudden thoughts of "I deserve a share split of the EoD fee because I helped kill mobs" has no logic to it being that only a few weeks ago the EoD would barely sell for 2.5m-3m and a little price increase to back up there weak statement. The BH kill+any mold they needed+basic badges dropping should be decent enough for a "FREE run". If they wanted the EoD for themselves they could pay the fee and run a lunar themselves even. The ever changing meanings of how to run dungeons never surprises me and how people want more from a simple "free run".
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I totally love the squads for bh lunar, that quit after hauntry queen b:victory. More of you guys should do that on sanctuary b:cute. So people who are actually willing to farm can go ahead and have fun with friends.

One archer friend, he did 5 lunars, paid 500k fee, each time squad quit. He ended up with 10 EOD when they were at 3m each, gold mats he got about 20m. 50m for a few hours of work, well worth it for him b:pleased.

The problem here is that farmers will get their gear made first. Lazy people will have to wait until the farmers are finished. In our runs, who ever needs the EOD, drops 3m and uses it for the gear. With a few friends we do it for free, the person who wants it pays the opening fees. Over the past two months, we have probably farmed 300~350 EoD and used them up. We are still no where close to being done, some of us are making 3rd cast r9 and that takes an immense amount of EoDs.

I am sure there are other farming groups like mine. If people are being lazy and waiting on catshops, go ahead, those merchants are there for a reason, they wouldn't exist if you didn't buy for them, this way you are helping out those merchants/sellers b:victory.
    edited December 2012
    One archer friend, he did 5 lunars, paid 500k fee, each time squad quit. He ended up with 10 EOD when they were at 3m each, gold mats he got about 20m. 50m for a few hours of work, well worth it for him b:pleased.

Adv. Auto Recovery Stone+BOA=AFK FARMING!b:victory
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I suppose its in 2x drops but i'm still wondering how he get 20m in gold drops in 5 runs at primal fear........