Best class for Nw?

Options
2»

Comments

• slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i preffer barb....i get pretty decent number of kills per nw...but whats most important....i get huge amounts of personal credit if while carrying the flag i get ganked....

a flag pull with a good gank and alot of hits (tw cata style) gets u points maybe more than a dd could dream about (i got 1600 points in a battle lost ...with no kills only by being ganked while delivering a flag...too bad we only scored 1 flag and after that lost the battle)
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    A good geared barb who knows how to play. You get points by taking damage and my points have always been 15k++
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Personally I played my BM 102, Sin 101, Psy 86 and Barb 91 in NW thus far.

For kills my Sin and Bm did a lot, but for pure contribution points my Barb outshines the lot !

Damage taken and flags run in = LOTS of points.

I guess it's what YOU want to ACHIEVE out of NW.

Contribution or PK ?

Then again there are those archers.........those damn damn archers........b:angry

X
    I eat you last
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Everyone says sins suck but they kill me so many times. I've given up on trying to boost my score by pumping damage into an hp charmed barb because the sins always sneak up on me while I'm doing that. Now I just look for casters to kill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I doubt people are mainly looking for casters, I.E clerics, wiz in there as main targets like they're stating. That or you're confusing it for the hunt of the easiest target gearwise of any class, may it be tt99 AA/HA/LA, they're all 1-2 shots in non up to par gear.

As an r9 cleric without +10 gear or endgame shards, I kill more in there than some DD classes do, mainly cause I can seal/heal/shield and pull many 1/2 shots from a distance. However, I can't stand a 5vs1 gank for long unless I get away, but tell me who can?

I'd say play what you're best at, otherwise you'll end up failing anyway. Just because the class can get turned into a killing/tanking machine, doesn't necessarily mean you know how to make it do even with said gears or skills. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Best class for NW would be a well geared and smart (insert underplayed class here) due to lack of competition.

Of course, if you fulfill the well geared and smart portion, you can probably utilize any class easily rendering the need for a "best class" completely null and void.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Well, the best class for NW is obviously your own, the one you can play best with.

Personally I am just a poor lil APS barb with 25k HP with def gears (ornaments and 2nd r8rec part) in tiger form and 17 Def levels (with blessing!) and I usally get my 14k+ Points on my Server. Lucky me that there are not just full r9 jerks roaming around on this server, otherwise I'd actually wouldn't stand a chance xD (tho burning 6 silver HP charms and 1 silver MP charm any event >.<) .

Actually I guess a good aps barb is always the best option for PK, especially in (not endgame) 1on1 Situations. If I got lucky (which means I found a lonely r9er not roaming around in squads full of them) I could even beat the strongest players from our server. But I have to admit that we do have some rly good geared players (ok nothing compared to the other servers) but they all lack skill. The best geared players are also the worst pkers skillwise, but that is a common law. Find someone good geared with decent skills...very unlikely, tho they do exist.

I suggest trying a aps barb because it's fun as hell, cuz decently geared you can do pratically anything, nvm if it's PvP or PvE.

Or just get a barb like this and be unstoppable xDD http://pwcalc.com/a4b973ee0efb98d9
    (I added the stats for the gear that is atm not present in pwcalc like the neck and the rings, aso...) U can naturally change to weap to a r8recast with 25+ def levels, if u like =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I would think I would see more wizzies than anything, but..Guess people don't like handling the ridiculous power they can dish out lol.

Wizzies are not a very popular class to play, which would be why you see so few. Personally I love playing NW on mine. I'm only 75 and the lowest points I've had is 3k and the lowest amount of tokens I've gotten is 27(and that was when my nation was last). I die quite a bit (damn sins) but at the same time I can drop players much higher than me. I'm looking forward to when I'm 100+ and can hit people so hard I knock out their internet b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • wushih14
    wushih14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'd have to say Archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Eyes like a sunrise, like a rainfall down my soul...'

Spearena|The blithe demon Archeress

~Signature made by me! XD
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Every class has its adventages and disadventages but I consider mystic "die and ress" style kinda funny.

Put ress buff and petals on yourself. Find a cler/mage/psychic/veno/mystic/archer/stupid sin and 2 hit them (Nature's Vengeance->Absorb Soul), find next target. Do it as long as you can before being killed. After death instantly ress yourself. Watch and lauch at people wasting their casting time trying to att you while you are in safe mode and 2 hit a target (cler/mage/psychic/veno/mystic/archer/stupid sin), give yourself another ress buff and petals before safe mode runs out, 2 hit another target, and another, and another. Die, ress yourself.... repeat xD
    With this strategy and some nice HP (to survive 30 seconds of ress buff cooldown) you can gank 1 spot constantly... well, till you die 6 times xD
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Every class has its adventages and disadventages but I consider mystic "die and ress" style kinda funny.

Put ress buff and petals on yourself. Find a cler/mage/psychic/veno/mystic/archer/stupid sin and 2 hit them (Nature's Vengeance->Absorb Soul), find next target. Do it as long as you can before being killed. After death instantly ress yourself. Watch and lauch at people wasting their casting time trying to att you while you are in safe mode and 2 hit a target (cler/mage/psychic/veno/mystic/archer/stupid sin), give yourself another ress buff and petals before safe mode runs out, 2 hit another target, and another, and another. Die, ress yourself.... repeat xD
    With this strategy and some nice HP (to survive 30 seconds of ress buff cooldown) you can gank 1 spot constantly... well, till you die 6 times xD

Because many of us haven't figured out that 9 out of 10 times campers won't pursue if you just fly out... Last Sunday an Archer and a nix Veno decided to follow and I was able to hold off their attacks long enough (charm+autopotting dmg reduction) to lead them straight into a group of players from my side. The campers were so brilliant they had left all flag spawns unattended and in our posession...

And seriously, we can all see your faces you lame losers...
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Who said I am camping at spawn point? I am camping at a spot near center flag and everytime I see someone got the flag (or a enemy is about to pick it) I go to defence/heal or kill/slow the flagger. I know my hp and moving speed is way not enough for me to get the flag so I leave the flag to others but it is not like I ignore the flar or kill everyone that spawns at spawn point just for fun. It's me who spawn - The thing is I don't spawn at spawn point but on the spot where I died so I don't waste time flying back to the spot where everyone is fighting and 1 second after death I am ready to fight again.
  • Thunderbow - Momaganon
    Thunderbow - Momaganon Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Rid, u said u 2 shot archers i never saw u 2 shot me :O
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    No love for Cleric's and Mystics it seems... b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Stupid sin? I can understand your 2 hit combo on any classes but sins. I have yet to be killed by such a combo, just some annoying R9 mystics who used bramble tornado and Gale Force. I'll have the mystic long dead on zerk proc before they can even start charging absorb soul. As for your rez and kill, I actually killed a mystic 3 times in the same spot because he tried and failed horribly. Killed him...rezzed..dead...rezzed...dead...booted. Bad idea. Makes spawn camping them and booting them so much easier..keep it comingb:laugh
  • VeniceQueen - Sanctuary
    VeniceQueen - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    So far I tried it on bm, archer (not op though only r8), and cleric who is also r8..
    I did better on cleric all the time..
    All toons are 100+ if it helps..
    So I prefer cleric over an archer... Since it's not only about pewpewing people...
    Though I will soon test it on a wizzy too...
    Basically, it's the class that fits you more, imo...

Also, i don't see a problem with sins and stealth. There were times those sins killed me and there were times i killed them despite their stuns and stuff, which also made them look funny to be honest.. This goes for spawn killers also, mainly bms.. Had 2 bms on me once, killed both at spawn point..
    That's precisely why i said "the class that suits you more" ^^
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Looking at PvP kill/death ratio i would say Seekers are the absolute best for NW if they are well geared.

1. Akan 105 58.2 Seeker Momaganon

58.2 kills for every death is severly overpowered
  • Crimson_Moon - Momaganon
    Crimson_Moon - Momaganon Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Akan is full r9 +12 on a server with not that many heavy cash shoppers.
    But it's true, seekers hurt when they have good gear.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    wow so few people play the objective... I have been enjoying myself with my sin... though I am extremely skittish... I only come out of stealth to take out certain priority targets clerics, psy's or archers... and to immobolize or stun the flag carrier... beyond that I hide and wait like the squishy fish I am b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    wow so few people play the objective... I have been enjoying myself with my sin... though I am extremely skittish... I only come out of stealth to take out certain priority targets clerics, psy's or archers... and to immobolize or stun the flag carrier... beyond that I hide and wait like the squishy fish I am b:avoid

Funny... Well built Archers with a good genie tend to eat Sins.

My archer surprises Sins all the time. I get popped on, the next thing they know, they're dead.

My sin has the most problems with archers, too. Dunno why.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Funny... Well built Archers with a good genie tend to eat Sins.

My archer surprises Sins all the time. I get popped on, the next thing they know, they're dead.

My sin has the most problems with archers, too. Dunno why.

The biggest problem with archers is, they can leap away even though they are immobilized (tackling slash) I ended up using a bow on them simply because everything else was on cd, and nv3 bow works wonders even for people who have re-spawned with low hp and immunity off.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Also hate archers. They kills me from outside of my range; and my chances of getting close enough to purge are slim to none.

A plea to all the kitties out there - can you concentrate on the archers please?
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Looking at PvP kill/death ratio i would say Seekers are the absolute best for NW if they are well geared.

1. Akan 105 58.2 Seeker Momaganon

58.2 kills for every death is severly overpowered

I wouldn't say Seekers are the absolute best class when it comes to NWs as the general consensus and understandably so seems to be that... much like in TW... Archers/Psy still rules the roost.

However based on one of the primary ways personal contribution is calculated in NWs, i.e... damage dealt & damage recieved... Seekers when well geared (and by "well geared" we take it to mean, R9/GoF or gtfo b:shutup) seem to have hit a kind of sweet spot in this new instance.

Being second only to Barbs in tankiness means racking up plenty of contrib. from damage soak. On the other hand, recent skill rebalancing such as reduced cool down on debuffing/channelling skills; increased range/damage on attack skills plus now being able to zerk on metal skills means that Seekers are now capable of dealing massive damage to both ends of the class spectrum... which of course further boosts personal contrib.

Personally I just find the class plain fun to play. b:victory
  • _PuRe__EviL_ - Archosaur
    _PuRe__EviL_ - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Psy/Archer, for sure b:surrender ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i would still put most of my moneys on a well built wiz :P
    for having most fun and getting descent contribution.