Best Class for Nw? Discuss.
Post edited by omgomgomg123tt on

Comments

• ISpinYouDrop - Raging Tide
    ISpinYouDrop - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    wiz / psy
    i get about 15k personal credits every nw.
  • xeronith922
    xeronith922 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Any r9 ranged DD. >__> including well built seekers.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Archer/psy, hardest hitters. Making a archer myself atm for NW specifically. Seekers with R9 or full G16 too.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If you are in it for the points, I think Barbs are nice. A well geared barb can dish out damage and take damage. It's win-win.

R9 seekers, especially with JoSD can outlast quite a bit, especially with their metal attack zerking now.

Psys if they have the refines to boost up their soulforce, however, psys can easily get 1 shot as well with their attack voodoo on....so it really depends on who attacks first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Archer if you one to be that one **** that is one or two shotting the huge amount of magic classes that play.

Barb if you want to be running the flag and just taking damage for the hell of it.

And Psy or Wiz if you enjoy crowd control and huge damage numbers.

I personally like my veno because i just like to annoy the hell out of people by running up and purging them of all their buffs, then amping them for others to kill. Im sure a BM the other night was about ready to rage kill me. Really no "best class" but just whichever you enjoy the most.
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If I had the funds to gear up a character for NW, I'd most likely go with a barb or a seeker (a well-refined r9 or higher, that is). Otherwise, any class is fine except badly geared sins... :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • XRysanx - Lost City
    XRysanx - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    What Fonyan saidb:victory
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I would say Archer is the best one. A good geared competent player is not only guaranteed high kill counts but can also perform as a competent flag carrier. Further, Archers kill fast and from range.
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Archers imo we can carry the flag with 2 speed skills plus 2 leaps. We can also hit pretty hard my r8+5 bow crts like crazy.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    OP, discuss Skill vs gear?

I get same tokens due to skills that r9 people get. So skill wins over gear, over classes.
  • Tsyren - Archosaur
    Tsyren - Archosaur Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Agreed to the above.

I think the class is Archer for this.

Holy path>Flag dug>weeeeee alacrity>wee charger orb>flag captured in 30 seconds.

OR.

Tab, press attack, tab, press attack.

It's also easy to kite as an archer > damage taken > more contri.
    The sentence below is true.
    The sentence above is false.
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Agreed to the above.

I think the class is Archer for this.

Holy path>Flag dug>weeeeee alacrity>wee charger orb>flag captured in 30 seconds.

OR.

Tab, press attack, tab, press attack.

It's also easy to kite as an archer > damage taken > more contri.

so wait? archer is the derp class in nw like sin where with aps rofl? b:laugh
    (not including archer that can kill me, btu i see lot of archers so fail that i facepalm at them)

and to OP, id say any class that know what to do. gear dont matter if they dont know how to play or do nw correctly
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
    edited December 2012
    Options
    so wait? archer is the derp class in nw like sin where with aps rofl? b:laugh
    (not including archer that can kill me, btu i see lot of archers so fail that i facepalm at them)

I don't really think they are. They have more "usefulness" at best, but I usually see archers go down often as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • OriginalSinX - Heavens Tear
    OriginalSinX - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If you want to be the most useful, make an archer and actually use "Elven Alacrity", most dont. I play a psy, and i love it, apsr's get sealed, its ranged, has ranged aoe stun/freeze, and as soon as i can get my hands on the new wep, gg.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I would say barb or archer.

Barbs can deal some nice damage, carry the flag, as well as tank heaps of damage too. Pretty sure all of those things add up some very nice points all together. Win, win, and win.

Archers, are...Well...Archers lol. Having the longest range, rack up some serious damage and kill counts, as well as also being very nice flag runners, sounds like a pretty nice deal to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The best class is anyone who knows how to play that class to a high level, nuff said.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Best Class for Nw? Discuss.

Does anyone else find these tones of posters to be rude?

If the OP is not willing to put in some time to put a few coherent thoughts, why should people reply?

To the OP - do a simple thought exercise, here is a link to help you with facts http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php, tell me what is the best class?

If there is any one best class for something, why do other classes try?

I think these kinds of posts are troll threads, or threads for simple amusement of the person posting.
  • G_tar_God - Dreamweaver
    G_tar_God - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Imo, it's between archers/psys/wizs and mayb seekers. Pimped out R9 or G16 ofc for each of those classes.

Archers can kill quickly and have the ability to run the flag for quick caps. Psys/wizzys is a given. Strong AOE's and they can just pick on LA/HA players for kills.
    Seekers i'm abit iffy on. They can get their points from tanking dmg, but I kinda think they abit slow on killing compared to those other r9's mentioned. But if u get a pimped out seeker, they can tank ppl forever and just slowly pick every1 off.
    G_tar_God ~ 104
    Aussie represent for PWI

"Life without music would be a mistake..." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Seekers i'm abit iffy on. They can get their points from tanking dmg, but I kinda think they abit slow on killing compared to those other r9's mentioned. But if u get a pimped out seeker, they can tank ppl forever and just slowly pick every1 off.

Pimped out seekers can do nice damage, and sometimes can 1 shot HA users, and by pimped out, I just mean +10-12 r9 sword.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    No love for BMs ? b:sad
    edited December 2012
    Options

All you guys do is stun and HF for others to hit epic damage numbers for forum sigs.

b:avoid

Don't worry, Barbs are only loved for buffs, and sometimes.....flags.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Nilleana - Heavens Tear
    Nilleana - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    All you guys do is stun and HF for others to hit epic damage numbers for forum sigs.

b:avoid

Don't worry, Barbs are only loved for buffs, and sometimes.....flags.

And for friendly reminders in nation chat. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Options

I would love to see more BMs in NW. D:
    The past few times I've done it it seems like the highest percentage of players are psys or archers. As much as I love the classes, if everyone and their mother is the same two classes, it's kinda..I dunno...lame. And if it does in fact run along the same lines as the Tigers event, lol sucks for them if about 75% of them are the same class.
    Seems like people neglect their BMs, earthgaurds, and clerics for it. To me at least. Maybe I just have the luck of every single NW running into the same exact players.

The lack of diversity I see makes me sad though. :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I can only speak from my own experiences and say its Psy all the way. I don't play the class I am just speaking from what I've seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    veno, wiz, archer for flag
    psy, sin for killing.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I would love to see more BMs in NW. D:
    The past few times I've done it it seems like the highest percentage of players are psys or archers. As much as I love the classes, if everyone and their mother is the same two classes, it's kinda..I dunno...lame. And if it does in fact run along the same lines as the Tigers event, lol sucks for them if about 75% of them are the same class.
    Seems like people neglect their BMs, earthgaurds, and clerics for it. To me at least. Maybe I just have the luck of every single NW running into the same exact players.

The lack of diversity I see makes me sad though. :<

<----am a reason why clerics get booted from NW in minutes and they rage quit cleric in NW. Only R9 +10 clerics have been impossible for me and that was like 1 or 2. Every other falls instantly or survives a few seconds longer then most and then go poof. You'll get stealth ganked like crazy when you do NW on your cleric, even as a 100..101...102...doesn't matter.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    <----am a reason why clerics get booted from NW in minutes and they rage quit cleric in NW. Only R9 +10 clerics have been impossible for me and that was like 1 or 2. Every other falls instantly or survives a few seconds longer then most and then go poof. You'll get stealth ganked like crazy when you do NW on your cleric, even as a 100..101...102...doesn't matter.

Wouldn't that be kind of the same problem with any arcane? Dropping easy unless uber geared? Why so many psys still lurking left and right in there. There were 20vs20 wars where there was at least 7ish psys on our side and (just a guess since we can't see enemy names) roughly 4-6 psys on the opposing side. And once entering a different war I would see another 6 or 7 completely different psys on our side again. Every. Single. War.
    like, gee wiz people, do I have THAT kind of luck or what? Is every battle like that? x.x
    I would think I would see more wizzies than anything, but..Guess people don't like handling the ridiculous power they can dish out lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

How does this post have anything to do with what the OP asked? This is about with class is best for NW not about stroking your own ego that you can kill little clerics. The fact that people may neglect playing a cleric in NW is not due to you killing them. How about you come have a 1v1 with me and I can show you how rubbish most sins are on DW when it comes to a decent geared opposition. It makes me laugh every time a sin runs up to me or stealth's on me in NW.

Last NW i saw more and more archers in there and it seems that sins are slowly realising this is one place they do not excel and are rolling an archer. I for one love playing cleric in there but it does come down to gear and any high refined caster with R9rr purify weapon will usually excel.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Sins aren't the best in NW. Many try to spark APS, then die from either my hits, or a ranged-DD. Sins also suicide on bramble often, it's really funny. b:chuckle

Plus, if you spot them by using an Espionage Pot, you usually have the advantage with the first hit.

Again, r9+12 sins can excel, but so can any class with gear like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I can only speak from my own experiences and say its Psy all the way. I don't play the class I am just speaking from what I've seen.

^This, even sins are less played in nw of what I've seen.

Any ranged class that can drop a flag carrier or nuke a group is pretty wanted for NW.

The battle ground itself is filled with lots of obstacles such as trees and rocks.
    So makes it a little harder for a melee class to work with but a range can use that to their advantage.

Demon Venomancers are pretty sick flag carriers.