nation war flag carriers

2»

Comments

• Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There are a couple of ways to stop Asterelle's way of carrying flag.

1) force digger to use apoth while still in pit digging flag, then catch later

2) use a seal near the end of elven alacrity, then stun when alacrity is over; my preference would be to holy path to catch up to you, then use seal of the gods, then throw a bunch of nasty debuffs onto you to lead to a quick death once the seal of gods is out

3) a purge at any time while you are running will bring you down: could either be a veno lying in wait near the end, or an archer quickshotting on you as you run past and purging, then stunning you... without anti stuns or apoth left you'll be in big trouble then

Anyways, as a cleric, I'm slower, but like SMASHnHEAL said, purify wep plus a tanky build plus spamming heals and shells makes clerics a great flag carrier, particularly when I have a bunch of bms and sins trying to dps me. Venos and archers are much more problematic because of their purge and thats when I tend to die. I like to run about half way there and then charger orb for the rest.

Cheers,

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    One thing that ticks me off in flag carrying is the slowest caster classes doing it w/o any apothecary items.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think in the heat of battle people forget certain things. First you already know where the flag is going. You could either have 2-3 people camp there if you feel your front line isn't very strong. You could also try flying, or using a mount to a cut off point as soon as the flag is dug. You don't have to go directly to the flag carrier. Also what you can do if you are at a flag spawn point but aren't well geared you can just stun/seal/sleep the person trying to dig. You dont have to kill them, just keep interrupting while they try to dig. The hardest part of nation wars is squad movement and communication. A squad of 6 people or less seems to be optimal IMO.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I guess people havent run into R93rd Psy in WV with charger orbs.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
    edited December 2012
    So what if there is a psy with r9r2 and in white voodoo. They can't be stuned? They can't be pushed back with mystic skill? They can't be reeled in? Don't some skills ignore def levels? Look sometimes you get a crappy nation with undergeard people in it, sometimes you are on the OP side. I'm getting tired of people complaining about, "oh so and so class is broken at carrying the flag". Deal with it, figure something out. The other option is don't go to Nation War and just buy your stuff off of people that do go. Dig down deep, check to see if you have a pair and go for it.

/end rant
    edited December 2012
    So what if there is a psy with r9r2 and in white voodoo. They can't be stuned? They can't be pushed back with mystic skill? They can't be reeled in? Don't some skills ignore def levels? Look sometimes you get a crappy nation with undergeard people in it, sometimes you are on the OP side. I'm getting tired of people complaining about, "oh so and so class is broken at carrying the flag". Deal with it, figure something out. The other option is don't go to Nation War and just buy your stuff off of people that do go. Dig down deep, check to see if you have a pair and go for it.

/end rant

Unless you have a squad of R9+ ppl then such toon is ultimately unstoppable. Charger orb = Psy is on river when it ends. Every proc grants psy 5s immunity to any movement debuffs, not to forget purifying any existing debuffs. Lets not forget such toon has ridiculous soulforce = you get silenced with pretty high chance when you attack said toon. And really, that toon is gonna 1shot most people chasing him/her anyways, likely multiple with 1 AoE.

I can solo R9+11 armors JoSD psy, in BV likely, knowing avatar of my faction leader, killing her 3 times in one war. Psys can be killed fairly reliably if they can be stunlocked but the procrate on R93rd cast sphere is simply way too high, mixed with 5s immunity to stuns afterwards to really lock said target down long enough to kill it.

Ps. Actually, I`m fairly certain antistun buff prevents knocbacks, not completely sure bout the BM reel.

Pps. And expecting random people mixed in same war to work together like set TW squads with months of experience playing together is kinda ludicrous.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Unless you have a squad of R9+ ppl then such toon is ultimately unstoppable. Charger orb = Psy is on river when it ends. Every proc grants psy 5s immunity to any movement debuffs, not to forget purifying any existing debuffs. Lets not forget such toon has ridiculous soulforce = you get silenced with pretty high chance when you attack said toon. And really, that toon is gonna 1shot most people chasing him/her anyways, likely multiple with 1 AoE.

I can solo R9+11 armors JoSD psy, in BV likely, knowing avatar of my faction leader, killing her 3 times in one war. Psys can be killed fairly reliably if they can be stunlocked but the procrate on R93rd cast sphere is simply way too high, mixed with 5s immunity to stuns afterwards to really lock said target down long enough to kill it.

Ps. Actually, I`m fairly certain antistun buff prevents knocbacks, not completely sure bout the BM reel.

Pps. And expecting random people mixed in same war to work together like set TW squads with months of experience playing together is kinda ludicrous.

All you need is a geared bm and a cleric and with some communication you can easily kill the psy
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
    edited December 2012
    @HideYoHubby: OK you're right they can't be stopped. So how about everyone that thinks that don't go to Nation Wars and leave the rest of us with more tokens.
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    in a 20vs0 yesterday. low lvl cleric picks up the flag. I didn't care cause who is going to kill her right? Start running with her spamming morning dew to try to grab a few extra stupid points and what does she do....uses the "walk" action....and walks to the drop point. I swear every person in the instance still wishes we could kill our own people. I get the joke but really...you are wasting our time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    @HideYoHubby: OK you're right they can't be stopped. So how about everyone that thinks that don't go to Nation Wars and leave the rest of us with more tokens.

That makes absolutely no sense. There is exactly 1 R93rd cast psy on my server, you know the odds for me actually ending up fighting him? That doesnt change the fact how purify proc is completely broken and your attitude simply shows you have no actual experience bout fighting against one.

My initial point was how nothing suggested in this thread so far would really stop specifically R93rd cast psy. There are ways but unless we are talking bout R9+/N3 +10-12 weps, not hitting the psy might be beneficial to your nation. And I`m sorry but I consider such gameplay quite broken.

Ps. Forgot, there are no valid complaints, its all QQ.
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I play as a veno and i normally try to get infront of the flag carrier by heading them off cause you know where they are going on the map. I go fox form, stun with my pet and purge them while pet is stunning so that when everyone else gets there the flag carrier is as good as dead, even if i die i slow him down and make him easier for everyone else to kill. If i live, i just amplify damage. :P
    edited December 2012
    @HideYoHubby: OK to adress your r9r2 psy problem. Have a cleric sleep the psy and then have a high refined bm or 2 use blade tornado. Blade tornado is a DoT so it dosent break sleep. And no I don't have any experience fighting r9r2 psys, clerics, mysitcs, wiz at all in pk, tw, or nw. Belive that and I will sell you some beach front property on the Moon. And before you come back with you can't get people to work with you I go back to my origional statement. Don't go to nation war and leave more tokens for the rest of us.
    edited December 2012
    @HideYoHubby: OK to adress your r9r2 psy problem. Have a cleric sleep the psy and then have a high refined bm or 2 use blade tornado. Blade tornado is a DoT so it dosent break sleep. And no I don't have any experience fighting r9r2 psys, clerics, mysitcs, wiz at all in pk, tw, or nw. Belive that and I will sell you some beach front property on the Moon. And before you come back with you can't get people to work with you I go back to my origional statement. Don't go to nation war and leave more tokens for the rest of us.

Thats amusingly arrogant. Expecting people to not hit flag carrier is ludicrous and knowing how "good" dots in this game tend to be, I`m fairly certain 2 dots doesnt really do much of anything. Unless the initial hit somehow cant proc purify, dots and sleep will be purified before any real damage has been inflicted.

Ps. "I`ll run untouched to flag carrier on my barb, have BM HF and veno amp, zerk crit arma with ToP and 1 shot them! Anybody who doesnt think it as valid strategy shouldnt even attend NW"
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    One thing that ticks me off in flag carrying is the slowest caster classes doing it w/o any apothecary items.

What pisses me off is when its 2 vs 20 and for 10 mins you have been defending it and even captured the flag once. Then you decide to let them win so you can get the points before the 10:20pm time rolls around and the other team grabs the flag and runs to your spawn point and wondering why it isn't returning. b:surrender *rant over*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    Thats amusingly arrogant. Expecting people to not hit flag carrier is ludicrous and knowing how "good" dots in this game tend to be, I`m fairly certain 2 dots doesnt really do much of anything. Unless the initial hit somehow cant proc purify, dots and sleep will be purified before any real damage has been inflicted.

Ps. "I`ll run untouched to flag carrier on my barb, have BM HF and veno amp, zerk crit arma with ToP and 1 shot them! Anybody who doesnt think it as valid strategy shouldnt even attend NW"

You don't have to say anything if you have no clue what you are talking about.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Are you guys really argueing that a pimped out endgame final cast rank 9 character can be killed with Damage over time stuff? A +12 r3 psy has like 20k life and can withstand a full squad of ordinary average geared nirvy 3rd cast or r9 players.

In the attempt to render sins worthless, they have in turn made most of the other classes completely op. If you have no experience sparing with a all +12 r3 toon then...

They should definitely make it so that apothecary does not work when carring the flag....I mean you have a flag in your hand, and you can't get your little genie buddy to help you, so it stands to follow you also should not be able to drink any potions/eat herbs.
    edited December 2012
    Yes, yes I am stating that a fully pimped out r9r2 psy can die to DoT. To be fair, on the DoT end it must be from a r9r or higher toon.
  • Spinner_ - Sanctuary
    Spinner_ - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why are people complaining over something so silly? It's the same for everyone so suck it up and just do it yourself? Don't want an OP person returning the flag then stop them picking it up in the first place xD
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ^ I can attest to experiencing how powerful a high refined Blade Tornado can hit.

Being a full R9 sin and fully buffed, his Blade Tornado ticks me for about 7-8k per tick before its damage was amped up with this new expansion.

Just don't forget that Blade Nado is not affected by defense levels, iirc. It also can go through immunity like AD and IG.
  • Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    :/ 104 bm prolly knows what he's talking about especially if it's a bm skill... even if he hasn't fought r9rr specifically before

and plus cheze = right. he even has r9rr himself
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    tornado is probably the most op skill in the game right now. combined with proper debuffs, a +12 3rd cast axe can easily hit 20k-30k on ANY geared selfbuffed char (other than bm in phys marrow).