Your pwi "oops" moment

Comments

• SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As too oops moments, my worse one was lending a so called friend my clerics night wings Cuz I felt bad her boyfriend had npc all her gear. Never saw her again.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ._. I tend to get distracted and open wrong TT chaptr, then we have to reset.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just got lucky off of someone else's oops. 325 cannies for 10,900 a piece xD. First time in almost three and a half years of playing this game I got lucky and checked the right catshop at the right time. Tyty and I feel a little guilty now lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kisara - Harshlands
    Kisara - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I may have ported to the wrong BH instance, then spent the next 30 minutes arguing with the squad that I was right and they were wrong.

This also taught me why one does not play PWI with a fever.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Every time I've ever seen a shop selling things at a clearly typo'ed price, I buy them out and mail it back to them.

Only twice have shop owners ever thanked me.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    just had a huge oops moment in tw
    we had just raided their base and been forced out, so i had this great plan of waiting for my group to finally die, to give them a false sense of security, then i would run in with elven aclarity, barrage, and pop an ig

wouldve worked perfectly, except ig on cooldown

Ooops
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Every time I've ever seen a shop selling things at a clearly typo'ed price, I buy them out and mail it back to them.

Only twice have shop owners ever thanked me.

do they give you their typo money back?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Done it a few times in the past few weeks: I got a new computer and with it a new keyboard I'm not used to. The keys are closer together and my old keyboard had concave buttons, this ones are almost flat. As a result my left hand gets too far left and I can't feel my way back to wasd.

I use wasd to run when doing barb pulls and my 'wasd' became "q'caps'as". My 1,2,3,4 keys are bestial, invoke, roar, sunder but that has become "~123" but the ~ rotates my hotkeys to human form attack.

I'm sure I look extremely brilliant when I suddenly forget how to run and go left, back into the mobs, right, back again, then stand there as I pound keys that have rotated to human only and do nothing. Then because I've hit caps and my left hand is still on the wrong keys I apologize by say 'AOEET FUYS, MD Hnd wJA IN RGW QEONG APOR" (sorry guys, my hand was in the wrong spot).

Brilliant, just brilliant. Has happened 3-4 few times in last few weeks, lol.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ran into 5 wizzies in TW then got annihilated by 5 BIDS. Opps
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Once I made a lvl 6 Apoth req Defense Charm thinking it would raise my apoth skill, and be the same as the attack charms and occupy the utility charm slot.

Yeah....no. You get no exp, and you have to click the charms for every hit you take with no visual indication or buff icon that lets you know it even worked.

So yeah there is no way to train up past lvl6 apoth without owning land I guess. I just wanted to be able to make the g14 attack charms. Luckily I know someone that makes a bajillion of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Whipporwhill - Raging Tide
    Whipporwhill - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The "OMG I can't believe I just did that" moment for me was the first time I turned in 30 attendance sheets to the school teacher. I had my eye on that magic ring for so long and felt like it was all gonna pay off. Man, my veno would be uber hawt stuff with that ring. So...I was so excited I got the might ring on accident. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    stepping into the water by mistake while tanking quinji with my Herc which cause him to stow away b:surrender for my sin bh's

(quinji ended up two shotting my sin lmao)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Once I made a lvl 6 Apoth req Defense Charm thinking it would raise my apoth skill, and be the same as the attack charms and occupy the utility charm slot.

Yeah....no. You get no exp, and you have to click the charms for every hit you take with no visual indication or buff icon that lets you know it even worked.

So yeah there is no way to train up past lvl6 apoth without owning land I guess. I just wanted to be able to make the g14 attack charms. Luckily I know someone that makes a bajillion of them.

You can train your apoth skill to level 8 without owning any land. (im in a faction of 2 and had no issues.) Try making the level 7 charms to raise your apoth exp. You make the higher level def/attack charms in heaven/hell.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This probably counts.
    Want to click on Gods tea to BOA on a barb in NW
    Accidently click my last Ironguard, killed by sin seconds later (-(\-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Done it a few times in the past few weeks: I got a new computer and with it a new keyboard I'm not used to. The keys are closer together and my old keyboard had concave buttons, this ones are almost flat. As a result my left hand gets too far left and I can't feel my way back to wasd.

I use wasd to run when doing barb pulls and my 'wasd' became "q'caps'as". My 1,2,3,4 keys are bestial, invoke, roar, sunder but that has become "~123" but the ~ rotates my hotkeys to human form attack.

I'm sure I look extremely brilliant when I suddenly forget how to run and go left, back into the mobs, right, back again, then stand there as I pound keys that have rotated to human only and do nothing. Then because I've hit caps and my left hand is still on the wrong keys I apologize by say 'AOEET FUYS, MD Hnd wJA IN RGW QEONG APOR" (sorry guys, my hand was in the wrong spot).

Brilliant, just brilliant. Has happened 3-4 few times in last few weeks, lol.

I actually just laughed until i cried at this.

My oops moment.....thinking a blue neon arrow wouldnt get noticed while i was standing in a group of enemies in tw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I turned in 30 attendance sheets to the school teacher. I had my eye on that magic ring for so long and felt like it was all gonna pay off. Man, my veno would be uber hawt stuff with that ring. So...I was so excited I got the might ring on accident. b:cry

Don't cry. For add of 10k you can echange the ring for a Magic one at the same npc.
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Selling my 3* orbs at 2* prices.

I was wondering why my chat was being flooded by blue chat, I mean, I usually drive my prices pretty highb:shutup

Only realised afterwards when I scrolled up to see why it had sold so fast ;~:
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Aryarie - Sanctuary
    Aryarie - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Letting a stranger "try" on my wings.

b:cry b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Running a W3 on my sin, even formed it, just to notice at the end that I didn't even need the BH.

Oh well, my oops gave friend's some much-needed BHs done.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • NYRRAYN - Lost City
    NYRRAYN - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i have far too many oops moments, but my hubby had a memorable one...we had just started running frost back when you really need barbs and a squad and so me an the squad teled in started buffing and i was wondering where my hubby's barb was so i pmd him and am like 'where are you?' he answered hes here 'in frost where were we?' Then I heard him swear in the other room and pm me saying 'oops i went to the bh51 cave instead b:surrender' I couldnt help but laugh when he eventually arrived in the right frost cave b:chuckle
  • Antigone - Momaganon
    Antigone - Momaganon Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh another one of me: My new keyboard has a "sleep" button next to the esc one. So ya...It's very funny when u try to cancel a skill or using F1 for skill, targetting enemy/mobs aaaand it's gone. Not nice, when tank you are healing is squishy b:sad

or in NW...skyping with my bf, shouting "Oh sht oh sht oh sht! There is a sin and I'm out of feathers/pills. Oh sht oh sht oh sht" *running liek crazy away...till I recognize it's a sin of OUR nation b:shocked*
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Letting a stranger "try" on my wings.

b:cry b:angry

ha. this reminds me..

was doing bh with friends a long time ago
    they added a friend of theirs we all used to squad a lot in the past

long story short
    he asked me if he can try on my deicides
    - **** since he was a cleric -
    i did so since i thought i knew him
    he logged off.

oops!

- back then the value of them was about 70mil -

later i found out the original cleric quit
    but i also got the name of the person
    by asking kindly in worldchat
    his own friends told me

a few days later his main (a bm) wasnt in a tw faction anymore
    up till this day - more than a year after it - he cant get in any decent faction on dw

i can supply a list of names i associate with that person if you feel like bashing on a scammer
    i like potato
  • lewlux
    lewlux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My moment was selling 10,000 chi stones for 100 each instead of 1,000 and I never noticed the difference because I was so tired.

:(((
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yesterday was oops moment for level 74 Assassin.

We were in fb51, helping to Seeker level 54.

3 Clerics were with us. I told, them, which of them will heal me.

At Fushma I got aggro and tanked without problems, other 2 Clerics just DD.

At Rankar all except my Wizard and Cleric got problems.

1. Assassin had unique privilege for his level to die from AoE. 2 times.
    2. Tabber had died too, but it is because he was near Rankar.
    3. First Cleric died, second had hard job to res other squad members.

I tried to run as far from squad as possible to let them res far from AoE range, got yet 2 mobs and killed them.

Assassin as one of the active(almost suicidal) squad members died right before death of the Rankar. I stopped attack of Rankar to wait for res of Assassin. One of the Clerics being not so sympathy to Assassin had killed Rankar.

Me: "Why had you attacked Rankar right after your death ?"
    Assassin:"I had 2 Clerics and they would heal me." (something like that)
    After next 2 groups of mobs, which I attacked using AoEs (Clerics helped to kill mobs except my healer)
    Assassin said:"If I had +12 I would tank too."

Then he left squad and lured 3 mobs, that were far from our path.

I killed them using AoE.

Wyvern and Fallen Warmonk were easy to us, because we had not Assassin in squad and because players got experience fighting previous bosses.

From Fallen Warmonk we got mold Mystical Realm Pendant for tabber.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Landing on a place where I need to complete quest, going afk and when I'm back my plat charm is *****

><

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    did anyone say this one yet?

punch npc for chi
    starts instance with squad and forgets to equip weapon

on sin: notice almost all skills disabled... hmm... oh forgot weap lulz
    on wiz: notice retardedly low dmg on mobs/boss... hmm... oh forgot weap trololol
    on cleric: heals fail suck, squadmates "wherez ur weapon NUB CLERIC?!?" ('').-) epic fail...
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    In NW it's embarrassing when you attack a caster with barb and think " yay easy target " and end up trying to damage them and pathetically die to 1-2 hits.

QQ

• Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    did anyone say this one yet?

punch npc for chi
    starts instance with squad and forgets to equip weapon

I did this before. Was doing 2-3 with friends, got chi, charged straight in. Got through mobs and half way into the first boss before I actually noticed anything. Granted, I wasn't the only DD, but still. Triple spark + EP unarmed dd could be worse xD
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I did this before. Was doing 2-3 with friends, got chi, charged straight in. Got through mobs and half way into the first boss before I actually noticed anything. Granted, I wasn't the only DD, but still. Triple spark + EP unarmed dd could be worse xD

Yes!! I wasn't punching an npc but switching gear from char to char. I put my wep in inv but never equipied it. Had people in my squad yelling at me on vent "IRCA WHERE IS YOUR WEP!!" Was like oh **** derrrrrr dumb. Luckily that was the same tw I hit the opposing fac's leader for over 10k (have ss for proof) with my lunar +5 wep not nirvana'd..just the lvl 95 wand. Sorry Oli b:laughb:chuckle

Next Ooops moment is spending way to much time and money on wc on a worthless excuse for a guild leader.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Did PV yesterday, started daydreaming, and went to grab some mobs while I had no sparks for vortex. Imagine my dumbfounded look when I came out of my daydream, spamming the vortex hot key wondering what the hell was going on. Could have saved myself a charm tick >_>