Good job

Deago - Lost City
Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
Well good job devs and who ever else works on this game. You might want to fix how much this game crashes literately every 5 mins it crashes. And no I refuse to send in a ticket seeing as many other already probably have and yall havent fixed it. Lame do your jobs seeing as that is what you are there to do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
Ezio Auditore
Post edited by Deago - Lost City on

Comments

• Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I dint crashed o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i crashed twice and i know a friend crashed at least 6 times
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    inb4fuzzycomesinandsaysstopcrying
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Try turning down your effects/distances/other peoples names when entering a high lag area.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Try turning down your effects/distances/other peoples names when entering a high lag area.

This, I have noticed that when I turn settings down, I crash way less than usual. It's how your CPU handles the textures, effects, and particles whenever you turn it up. Some computers, like mine, do not like that at all and will end up crashing in a bug report when in crowded areas.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I had 2 clients on, one on HL and one on HT, I did NW on HL didn't crash than1 hour after I did NW on HT, both clients open all that time, I didn't crash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Something worth mentioning:

Bubbles posted a fix for a memory issue our game has had, but I was forced to take it down, due to our rules about 3rd party patches.

But our developers are working on a similar fix, to increase the amount of memory our game can handle.

I'm not sure if this is related to your crashing problem, but I do hope this will alleviate many of the crashes some players are having.

And unfortunately, I don't know exactly when this fix will be implemented. But I'll keep you all posted as I learn more.

- Val
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    ... Well that news made me happy. Nice to see the devs are working on updating the game some so that it can do what it should have been able to all along. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2012
    v4liance wrote: »

Bubbles posted a fix for a memory issue our game has had, but I was forced to take it down, due to our rules about 3rd party patches.

But our developers are working on a similar fix, to increase the amount of memory our game can handle.

I'm not sure if this is related to your crashing problem, but I do hope this will alleviate many of the crashes some players are having.

And unfortunately, I don't know exactly when this fix will be implemented. But I'll keep you all posted as I learn more.

- Val

Thanks for the update! b:thanks

• fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Stop?
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I dint crashed o.o

I always crash once after entering, either right away or during the first contact with the enemy.
    I can't play at the very lowest setting or i can't see the targets but i use the 2nd lowest.

And after NW back in arch even at lowest settings I crash. :(
  • glissante
    glissante Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My computer has been acting strange ever since the Sirens update. I have
    a good system, and used to be able to play at highest settings with no
    problem.

Since that update tho, even with settings set to low, I crash frequently.
  • Clearic - Sanctuary
    Clearic - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Are you stupid or just mad?
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have never crashed O_O
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Are you stupid or just mad?

He's prolly both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    v4liance wrote: »

- Val
    Thank you.
    Little tidbits of information like this are great, knowing what they are working on, or at the very least that the developers are actually aware of what problems there are.
    So, thanks for sharing things like this b:thanks
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It sux when u crash during a nw battle, u get send back to base b:angry
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I suggest to buy a new computer >_> Its only a logical for wooden computer to lag in this kind of game b:chuckle
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I keep my effects on the lowest possible and when I enter the battlefield I increase them a bit to be able to see things like minimal effects and players at distrance.

Well, I can't NW now but that's what I did when I was able to. I also went to Tellus or Lost City and generally looked for the cities that has less lag/players. I didn't crash so much that way. I mainly crashed after leaving NW because I was being teleported to north Archosaur along with the rest of the server.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My client also crashed 3 times yesterday right after NW in north Archo. I have a Dell xps notebook bought this year, more than enough for a game like pwi, I was also running in a lower resolution (1600x900) in windowed mode.
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2012

These crashes mainly happen to me during NW times aswell, never experienced it before. Just the minutes before sign ups and entering, my friends and I got error reports 9 times alltogether, that was on lowest settings possible for me. This week was a mild scenario in our case but very annoying having to keep check on all the people to re-inv and myself error reporting in the process.

I have a completely new computer (1 month old) with great specs capable to handle more demanding games and still experience it over and over. So why people keep trying to be smart saying 'get a better comp' is just beyond me at this point, lol. b:bye

Hopefully what Val 'Hey, you!' mentioned will be implemented soon...however, that fix
    didn't help on my client anyway when I had it. NW times still gave me error reports (never otherwise) However my computer did report PWI being demanding at the time, which is
    weird considering everything was turned off and I experienced no lag at all until the crash
    itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I usually don't crash much. Only thing I can really say is the rare crash in morai or teleporting to tides did it nicely. But since I can pick my keys anywhere now, that's not much of a problem anymore.

I suppose I got a pretty decent pc though, should be able to handly such an old game when it's build for graphic work. b:chuckle Can't say I ever had to turn my effects down tbh.

The only time I really crash is when I do lots of treasure maps in a row. After a while, my map will just just bug out and be blank, and upon relogging the client just crashes literally every time. Dunno if that would be related to the memory issue too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    glissante wrote: »
    My computer has been acting strange ever since the Sirens update. I have
    a good system, and used to be able to play at highest settings with no
    problem.

Since that update tho, even with settings set to low, I crash frequently.

You're the lucky one... I started PWI somewhere this week and my virus scanner told me there was a Trojan in one of the game files... Ever since my scanner keeps bugging me about the same Trojan being in one of my system files... It's probably another false positive (if not I'm gonna be very pissed) but it's still quite annoying... I had to take the decision to turn the virus scanner off (it can't do anything about it anyway) for the time being just to be able to use my pc without annoying messages all the time... Don't know which program causes it but I regret starting PWI this week...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I had to take the decision to turn the virus scanner off (it can't do anything about it anyway) for the time being just to be able to use my pc without annoying messages all the time... Don't know which program causes it but I regret starting PWI this week...

Either make sure the files a false positive and add it to expections or just clean the whole thing. The way you're going, you're only getting a ton more **** onto your system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Either make sure the files a false positive and add it to expections or just clean the whole thing. The way you're going, you're only getting a ton more **** onto your system.

I'm actually pretty sure it's a false positive... I think if svchost.exe was really infected I would've know by now (pc is still working fine as ever)... It's not the 1st time I get false positives anyway... Guys from the pc store thought it was a good idea to use AVG as a scanner so that says enough... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I didn't crash until after but entering we had 5/10 people crash. So much for pre buffing/chi building.

My squad recovered but throughout the entire nw we had crashes until our lead crashed. He relogged but a ghost-lead still had out squad. We all had a squad glitch where we couldn't buff each other or drop squad. Eventually a new party was formed and everything returned to semi-normal amidst the chaos that is nw.

Couple issues. Kind of a pain that you can't see whats happening to your squad while traveling. You have to exit back to the area you are in.

Bigger issue: 1200 players being dumped into North Archosaur simultaneously and it taking three complete crashes for me to walk my *** off into a corner to get away from the chaos, lag, and crashes. Can we divide the drop points after nw or return us to where we entered NW? If nothing else, I'm gonna start camping inside for 15 minutes to allow others to clear out before I leave nw.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    PWI only really quits on me when I switch characters (especially if I sell materials to a shop as many characters in a row or during the lucids daily).

As for true game crashes, besides the less than likely "disconnected from server" when I fly around, I have not suffered from game crashes.

That said, I play with the lowest settings all the time and I don't go for popular events like TW.

To Yuna_Sama: put launcher.exe, patcher.exe and pwprotector.exe in the list of exceptions. You should be fine then. But if the anti-virus has already deleted them, you have to reinstall thn immediately do the technique above BEFORE you launch the programs.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2012
    You're the lucky one... I started PWI somewhere this week and my virus scanner told me there was a Trojan in one of the game files... Ever since my scanner keeps bugging me about the same Trojan being in one of my system files... It's probably another false positive (if not I'm gonna be very pissed) but it's still quite annoying... I had to take the decision to turn the virus scanner off (it can't do anything about it anyway) for the time being just to be able to use my pc without annoying messages all the time... Don't know which program causes it but I regret starting PWI this week...

Yuna, please add it to the exception list. Just not using one is just about the worst solution to that problem. Even getting a different antivirus would be better....

• Carniceiro - Lost City
    Carniceiro - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    my client crashed 2 times during NW and ported back to base but i got 192 tokens yet
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The crashes have to do with the client reaching 1.7 gb of ram and crashing as it, by default, cannot load more.

The people who experience crashes like this the most are those who are running the client for a very long time and those who are running on higher graphics.

Most of the time the client gives out when you going into new areas or loading all of the characters in arch because you're suddenly loading so much more that you reach cap and the client crashes.

NW causes a lot of issues with this because you have a lot of players standing in one area, thus it becomes really easy to hit that cap. With the cap fixed, I notice the usage can go up to 2.7 gb right before nw starts.

If you're running a toaster of a computer, there's a good chance you're not going to crash because you aren't loading up as many effects and higher res textures (pwi has small textures to begin with but they do stack up).

For example, it's easy for my desktop to get up to 1.2 to 1.5 just running the client on idle at the highest settings, while my toaster of a laptop gets maybe half of that at the lowest settings.
    Why things are this way on x64 is easy to explain. On x86 applications have 2GB of virtual memory out of 4GB (the other 2GB are reserved for the system). On x64 these two other GB can now be accessed by 32bit applications. In order to achieve this, a flag has to be set in the file's internal format.

pwi's cap is around 1.7 gb but this is essentially the explanation.
    I want to say that the cap is there because of pwi's age, but I've seen newer games like Skyrim with this same exact issue. Beth actually patched for that sometime after release though iirc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]