Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Nation Wars
cause were stuck... great fun sitting in base for 30 mins with over 150 people
Post edited by Channman - Lost City on

Comments

• Channman - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    wowover 200 people in flame base cause alts keep getting in wars and we have 4 lands... FIX THIS NOW GMS ITS ****
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    suck it up princess....

Going as fast as you can within a nation to lock another in their base is the name of the game. Fuzzy can't believe you didn't notice this yet...
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    A fix is on the way as a patch that makes 6 lands surround the base as well as additonal other lands. The problem is not necessarily alts so much as alot of people are still just doing pvp with no sense of purpose and goal. The lands outside of the base must be protected at all cost. I was in several battles that we should have won- only we lost because our team did not stick together and get/stop the flag.
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    suck it up princess....

Going as fast as you can within a nation to lock another in their base is the name of the game. Fuzzy can't believe you didn't notice this yet...

yeah well its a bit annoying when half the people in your NW are alts and you cant do **** cause your locked out... I have sat in base for over an hour cause alts go in and do nothing and let the other side win.. I mean this in the nicest way but go be a **** some where else k
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Today, on HT, Light Nation lost all lands within 30 minutes, trapping 200+ in base. There were 2 other lands under Light Nation that were....in the middle of the map cut off and defending from the other nation's attack, and only holding like 10 players. The moment they lost the battle they became landlock too.

Love the rage in WC, although I would have raged too, to be fair. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    suck it up princess....

Ok, once again, ITS FREAKING SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT. You should divert players in opossing nations towards fighting each other while you hold your ground. If you block a base you force selection of their best players, as lowbies and undergeared keep getting sent back from those four battles. Eventually the stronger players that do win then move as a block...

You should only block two territories then move towards the center. Seriously people, leaving aside the way you're messing with others, you should at least be smart enough to act out of self interest. And no, I wasn't landlocked tonight, although certainly there were people trying, the other nations overextended enough the problem wasn't finding battles but getting stuck in 20 vs 2 matches... And I'm pretty sure those guys had plenty of people that couldn't get in on their side...

And really, I know its your gimmic, but if you're going to start with the "suck it up" stuff (which is extremely appropiate for a mod to do) drop the talking about yourself in 3rd person act. It isn't cute and makes you sound like a r-t***.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Today, on HT, Light Nation lost all lands within 30 minutes, trapping 200+ in base. There were 2 other lands under Light Nation that were....in the middle of the map cut off and defending from the other nation's attack, and only holding like 10 players. The moment they lost the battle they became landlock too.

Love the rage in WC, although I would have raged too, to be fair. b:surrender

while u were locked in the base i was eating flame's land b:chuckle and come on, 2nd place isnt that bad - i dont complain b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Locking the base is an effective tactic. If you don't want the land to get locked, do the smart thing and keep an eye on the strategic map. You can pretty much figure out what is going to happen 30 minutes before it does and start concenrtraing your force against pushing it back. If you guys get stuck in base because you were twiddling your thumbs and going after personal contribution instead of beating back the opposition, you deserve to be stuck there. If you were not and tried but enough of your nation didn't, sorry them is the breaks. i know it sucks. b:surrender

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes as others said it's a tactic, people trap the others nations inside their base.

All Nations have pretty much the same amount of players, if your nation is stuck in base you guys did something bad in your battle.

The problem now is more and more people PvP to get more points, but don't care about the flag. Yes you get points even if you die, get tele out or loose the land, but less lands = less tokens even if you get a high credit.

No joke sometime in wars of 20vs20 a level 65 bring the flag to base without being attack, while the 20 players of the other side stay in the middle doing PvP.

It's a PvP event, but the strategy is important, if a faction lock you that prove that they are smart and have a stategy.

Tonight in HL my nation won a war 5vs20 of them, if 20 persons lose to 5 persons they do something wrong. Same on HT a group of 7 persons won vs 20.

It's a team work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It is indeed tactical, my squad took out the upper part of the Light Nation, most unopposed until we got closer to base, forcing players to defend us.

However, you can even play dirtier by sending 1 person to start a war on a land to cut off the "trail" people can take and delay them further.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2012
    One I noticed that the frost nation was encroaching on my light nation. My fac mates went to defend territory near our base and I was near their base. So I started two 20v1 battles that I knew my level 60 wasnt going to win right next to their base. As predicted the slowest people grabbed the flag and I was able to tie down 40 people for few minutes on a level 66 bm. If you are not thinking about "how can i best help my nation," instead of "how I can get contri" you are doing it wrong. Light nation won that day despite two attempts by the other sides to lock them down because they pushed them back each time. Don't let base locks happen. 166 people will earn more contribution than you ever could alone.

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It doesn't MATTER whether it's an effective tactic or not.

Just like being spawn camped: It is NOT FUN.

Remember fun? The thing this is supposedly the reason people play games?

If you kleep a system which allows (and encourages) this: People will stop playing/

I, at least, saw "Oh ****, we're base locked" and took it as a sign that it was time to log out and sleep.

Ok; while I'm at it?
    The smug "You didn;t win any battles and your personal score was low" mail?
    First - that's a lie. I was a lovely part of a winning battle on the let side of the map. And then lost the second one to get booted back to the locked base. So yeah; fix that message please?
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2012
    It doesn't MATTER whether it's an effective tactic or not.

Just like being spawn camped: It is NOT FUN.

Remember fun? The thing this is supposedly the reason people play games?

If you kleep a system which allows (and encourages) this: People will stop playing/

I, at least, saw "Oh ****, we're base locked" and took it as a sign that it was time to log out and sleep.

Unlike spawn camping which is embarrassing and not something you can really fight back against, you can do something about base locking. And I think once people start to realize this and it becomes a widespread and well known tactic perhaps people will actually start combating it more. Because it's fairly obvious a good 30 minutes before it even happens.
    Ok; while I'm at it?
    The smug "You didn;t win any battles and your personal score was low" mail?
    First - that's a lie. I was a lovely part of a winning battle on the let side of the map. And then lost the second one to get booted back to the locked base. So yeah; fix that message please?

I could not agree with this last part more. That message needs a serious change in tone.

• fuzzywuzz
    edited December 2012
    b:cryb:cryb:cry

It must be alts!!

Your nation is loosing? Too bad.

If your nation was winning would Fuzzy see this thread?
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Starting battles as a diversionary tactic is certainly legit but it's potentially self defeating and I see more drawbacks than advantages in the strategic sense. As i mentioned earlier, the other nations started fielding a lot of 1-4 man battles in today's NW, and I must've gone through 5-6 of those, getting no more than an average contribution of under a 100. In the end however I received a full third more tokens than I usually get because of my nation's score. Victories do count as much, if not more, than position. The second drawback is you're not fully coordinating your side so those battles may very well end up being 20v20, and you may be diverting important resources as most people will simply engage in whatever territory is closest to them. This can thin out your effort in the areas that really matter. Now, If you use this as a buffer, in order to prevent reinforcements making it to the battles that actually do matter, the problem is you halt your advance as territories get locked and your force diverts towards other targets.

Instead of wasting so much effort trying to find ways to game the system, and getting in the way of others enjoying the event while you're at it, you people should really just focus on basics. An awesome force that advances fast can overextend and then get cutoff, eventually falling to attrition as people get sent back to base and no reinforcements arrive to replace them. All you're doing here is providing your rival with eventual oportunities for incresingly easier victories that come at a lesser cost in terms of mobilization. What you want is borders as large as possible, maximizing the chances people on your side will enter battles, but in territory that's contiguous and well connected. All winners I've seen so far end up with more lands, and more oportunities for attack, than the other nations, which is not the same as holding down nations through blockade. In fact, those nations that start out strong and block someone else's base I've rarely seen winning at all.
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited December 2012
    Fuzzy is sorry if your OP gear doesn't give you a fight for your nation...

Panda almost feel bad if your OP R9+ squad cant own a war...

The whole idea is to base lock another faction. Panda feels no pain for the QQ of "couldnt get a fight".

Sucks to be you if can't get a battle or your faction is locked. That is the whole idea and the whole point.

Want to skip over a battle? Hate to be stuck in you base? Thems the breaks and such is NW.

Good luck to your nation next week....
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2012
    Starting battles as a diversionary tactic is certainly legit but it's potentially self defeating and I see more drawbacks than advantages in the strategic sense. As i mentioned earlier, the other nations started fielding a lot of 1-4 man battles in today's NW, and I must've gone through 5-6 of those, getting no more than an average contribution of under a 100. In the end however I got a full third more tokens than I usually get because of my nation's score. Victories do count as much, if not more, than position. The second drawback is you're not fully coordinating your side so those battles may very well end up being 20v20, and you may be diverting imortant resources as most people will simply engage in whatever territory is closest to them. This can thin out your effort in the areas that really matter. Now, If you use this as a buffer, in order to prevent reinforcements making it to the battles that actually do matter, the problem is you halt your advance as territories get locked and your force diverts towards other targets.

This is true if you do it willy nilly. But some strategy is helpful as even though battle victories give you more personal contribution, nation victories give you more tokens. The battle that had the most teamwork (my sides pushing back any attempts at advancement. Me and a couple of others that been trapped near frost using it to our advantage to block off reinforcements, etc. We were able to win and I got 106 tokens that day. On a level 66 bm. I certainly mostly tried to focus on basics and didn't go out of my way to make it hard for other for no reason. But I did pay attention to the strategic map and tried to cut off reinforcements from taking our base whenever I could. It helped that others were thinking the same way as me and stopped expanding for a moment and pushed people away from the base. And THEN expanded again. Nation wars isn't just about the personal battles and isn't just about the map, it takes combining both to be effective. And strategic thinking about which battles are worth fighting, and when it is better to just leave. And that's why I like about it.
    Instead of wasting so much effort trying to find ways to game the system, and getting in the way of others enjoying the event while you're at it, you people should really just focus on basics. An awesome force that advances fast can overextend and then get cutoff, eventually falling to attrition as people get sent back to base and no reinforcements arrive to replace them. All you're doing here is providing your rival with eventual oportunities for incresingly easier victories that come at a lesser cost in terms of mobilization. What you want is borders as large as possible, maximizing the chances people on your side will enter battles, but in territory that's contiguous and well connected. All winners I've seen so far end up with more lands, and more oportunities for attack, than the other nations, which is not the same as holding down nations through blockade. In fact, those nations that start out strong and block someone else's base I've rarely seen winning at all.

I've mostly seen the ones win that not only blocked other peoples bases and expanded their territory, but also never got base locked in the first place. Base locking is devastating and can easily like 30 sometimes even 40 minutes to dig yourself out of. That's a lot of wasted time in a 2 hour war. Sometimes the best way to expand is to push like you say, and sometimes the best way to expand is to defend your base so that others can push with you. It's dynamic, and that is what makes it interesting.

• MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    wowover 200 people in flame base cause alts keep getting in wars and we have 4 lands... FIX THIS NOW GMS ITS ****

Whoa you Flame guys got off to a fast start smacking us Light around early but guess who finally came back and won due to you guys getting base locked.... b:dirty
  • fukeyou
    fukeyou Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes as others said it's a tactic, people trap the others nations inside their base.

All Nations have pretty much the same amount of players, if your nation is stuck in base you guys did something bad in your battle.

The problem now is more and more people PvP to get more points, but don't care about the flag. Yes you get points even if you die, get tele out or loose the land, but less lands = less tokens even if you get a high credit.

No joke sometime in wars of 20vs20 a level 65 bring the flag to base without being attack, while the 20 players of the other side stay in the middle doing PvP.

It's a PvP event, but the strategy is important, if a faction lock you that prove that they are smart and have a stategy.

Tonight in HL my nation won a war 5vs20 of them, if 20 persons lose to 5 persons they do something wrong. Same on HT a group of 7 persons won vs 20.

It's a team work.

That is not allways true on HT me a seeker and a certain archer went 3 vs 20.... and we won wit hseeker capping and me+archer fighting. It helps though when you aoe and 5-6 ppl drop dead at a time though lol.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Whoa you Flame guys got off to a fast start smacking us Light around early but guess who finally came back and won due to you guys getting base locked.... b:dirty

b:victory*high fives*

Incidently Savor was winning their lands singlehandedly b:shocked
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sounds the same as spawn killing in TW. Just make sure to defend that place if you don't want to get locked in?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    Locking the base is an effective tactic. If you don't want the land to get locked, do the smart thing and keep an eye on the strategic map. You can pretty much figure out what is going to happen 30 minutes before it does and start concenrtraing your force against pushing it back. If you guys get stuck in base because you were twiddling your thumbs and going after personal contribution instead of beating back the opposition, you deserve to be stuck there. If you were not and tried but enough of your nation didn't, sorry them is the breaks. i know it sucks. b:surrender

again you can't do it when people are abusing alts... I know of a faction that had at least 4 sqauds of alts in flame and would go in battles vs them selfs and stand there.. In almost every fight i got in there were at least5 alts doing nothing in flame...
    b:cryb:cryb:cry

It must be alts!!

Your nation is loosing? Too bad.

If your nation was winning would Fuzzy see this thread?

yes you would cause the last 2 times i was in the 1st place nation and i still posted about base locking and how its not fair as i said go be a **** some where else and kindly **** off

I have also put money in this game so if i wanna vent and talk about something i don't feel is fair and most players have a problem with it then i will. Don't like it then don't read nuff said. Also you have become a very big *** hole lately Fuzzy
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i had some landlock stuff happen as well but i was on the winning nation,looked again a few moments later then i could move..hey i dotn care i made my 150 raps for a stage 2 weapon on my cleric ..cheers lolololb:bye

sont blame the alts you have no proof that this is the case,yall prob just didnt have game and got owned...sometimes ya just stank thats all. gg
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    yes you would cause the last 2 times i was in the 1st place nation and i still posted about base locking and how its not fair as i said go be a **** some where else and kindly **** off

I have also put money in this game so if i wanna vent and talk about something i don't feel is fair and most players have a problem with it then i will. Don't like it then don't read nuff said. Also you have become a very big *** hole lately Fuzzy

Stating your opinion is fine but let's try not to be rude about it, kays? I'd rather not have to start burning posts on something that actually has a discussion going.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    again you can't do it when people are abusing alts... I know of a faction that had at least 4 sqauds of alts in flame and would go in battles vs them selfs and stand there.. In almost every fight i got in there were at least5 alts doing nothing in flame...

This is like territory wars, if you are being spawn camped then you most likely didn't have a chance anyway. No need to be upset.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    This is true if you do it willy nilly. If people can access a territory, they'll fight on it. If you're getting lopsided battles in terms of numbers it is simply because such battles are on a position that can't be reached by most people on one side, or because there is a very strong incentive not to, which is something you should ac**** as part of your strategy. It's not just that it is unreasonable to ask someone to sit it out when they may have already been waiting for an understandably frustrating amount of time to enter any battle, but that this is near imposible to coordinate.But some strategy is helpful as even though battle victories give you more personal contribution, nation victories give you more tokens. Which is exactly the point I'm making. I clearly stated I ended up getting more tokens last night despite the negligible personal contribution I was able to obtain in a large amount of battles. The battle that had the most teamwork (my sides pushing back any attempts at advancement.I take it you mean war and not battle. Me and a couple of others that been trapped near frost using it to our advantage to block off reinforcements, etc. You really aren't blocking much in the way of anything if you were trapped unless your server has a considerably lower population compared to mine.We were able to win and I got 106 tokens that day. On a level 66 bm.I don't mean to be rude but I'm finding this one hard to believe. Even with the overseer's buff you're basically cannon fodder at that range. I've been posting about how low levels can make decent rewards but this is too much for even someone on the winning side. Do venos in your server not bramble people? How are you preventing others from targetting you and killing you in 2-3 hits? Just exactly how much contribution did you get? I certainly mostly tried to focus on basics and didn't go out of my way to make it hard for other for no reason. But I did pay attention to the strategic map and tried to cut off reinforcements from taking our base whenever I could. It helped that others were thinking the same way as me and stopped expanding for a moment and pushed people away from the base. And THEN expanded again.This was the other nation overextending, their mistake, not your making good calls. Nation wars isn't just about the personal battles and isn't just about the map, it takes combining both to be effective.This is a pretty obvious one and I don't think I implied anything to the contrary. And strategic thinking about which battles are worth fighting, and when it is better to just leave. I don't think leaving battles actually works as a tactic and this one I did try. Leaving spotsmanship aside, even if overwhelmed you are likely to get better contribution putting up a good fight than risking getting locked out. If you're not a factor the point is moot in terms of strategy, if you are there's more strategic value in tying up the other side in a prolongued skirmish, perhaps even winning the battle.And that's why I like about it.

I've mostly seen the ones win that not only blocked other peoples bases and expanded their territory, but also never got base locked in the first place. Ihese are two separate strategies and they correlate in a negative way. Keeping a nation blocked takes full, strong, groups. Meaning that you're investing the strenght of 80 mostly capable players on the effort, while allowing your rivals not to deal with the blocked nation at no expense, which allows them to better focus on your side and objectively increases the oportunities they will block you. This is consistent with observations I've made on my server's map.Base locking is devastating and can easily like 30 sometimes even 40 minutes to dig yourself out of. That's a lot of wasted time in a 2 hour war. Yes, I won't argue you will do enormous damage to the nation blocked. But because you're using valuable resources in order to do so this comes at a cost for you as well as, all other things being the same, you'll loose ground to the other two nations.Sometimes the best way to expand is to push like you say, and sometimes the best way to expand is to defend your base so that others can push with you. Another obvious, self apparent point that in no way relates to the effectivity of base blocking as a strategy.It's dynamic, and that is what makes it interesting.

I have to call them like I see 'em.
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    This is like territory wars, if you are being spawn camped then you most likely didn't have a chance anyway. No need to be upset.

Yes but fighting your alts is bannable in TW.. The point im making is people are bring in alts to also block people from joining the fight there main is in. It kills the funs for everyone when people do this. As i said i got locked out for over an hour last night cause the other 3 ganked us and had there alts sitting in wars doing nothing its kind of hard to beat 20 active players with better gear when you have 5-6 alts standing there doing nothing the full war
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2012
    If people can access a territory, they'll fight on it. If you're getting lopsided battles in terms of numbers it is simply because such battles are on a position that can't be reached by most people on one side, or because there is a very strong incentive not to, which is something you should ac**** as part of your strategy. It's not just that it is unreasonable to ask someone to sit it out when they may have already been waiting for an understandably frustrating amount of time to enter any battle, but that this is near imposible to coordinate.

Just pay attention to what is going on in the map. And like I said most of my side couldn't show up because they were trying to prevent being locked. So I started a battle left, start another battle, and they will go to it immediately. Whether I win or lose is irrelevant, it's about tying up people for a little bit.
    I take it you mean war and not battle.
    Yes, sorry.
    You really aren't blocking much in the way of anything if you were trapped unless your server has a considerably lower population compared to mine.

If a battle is full people have to find a way to go around it. In addition the players inside the battle have to bother with a 20 vs 0 which can take forever if someone slow grabs the flag.

I don't mean to be rude but I'm finding this one hard to believe. Even with the overseer's buff you're basically cannon fodder at that range. I've been posting about how low levels can make decent rewards but this is too much for even someone on the winning side. Do venos in your server not bramble people? How are you preventing others from targetting you and killing you in 2-3 hits? Just exactly how much contribution did you get?

I knew that someone was going to call pics or it didn't happen, and I knew that I was gonna talk about some of the tactics I learned that war anyway . So here you go. http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/picsordidnthappen.jpg
    This was the other nation overextending, their mistake, not your making good calls.

I didn't say it was solely my good calls. I'm saying that the light side was full of more coordinated squads and people employing those kinds of tactics. There is usually one side with more people taking smart advantage of the map. Whether or not you're lucky enough to end up on the same team with those guys is a whole nother story. But it's a mix of factors. The people on my side were smart enough to defend the base from being locked. I was smart enough to aid in that over extending by looking at the strategic map and starting battles. Trying to help out where I could. They over extend to much towards our side and dark is beginning to eat them up? Great! That means they probably got a strip of land and starting battles can help by filling up territories. You start a battle people will come. They made mistakes. My side took advantage of them. My nation won. Next war I winds up on a nation that gets hammered and end up with considerably less tokens. The wars will be more interesting once everyone is being careful about what battles they jump into.
    These are two separate strategies and they correlate in a negative way. Keeping a nation blocked takes full, strong, groups. Meaning that you're investing the strenght of 80 mostly capable players on the effort, while allowing your rivals not to deal with the blocked nation at no expense, which allows them to better focus on your side and objectively increases the oportunities they will block you. This is consistent with observations I've made on my server's map.

That's why you should double back when your rival is starting to catch up and encroaching towards your base. Base lock a team, prevent your own base lock before it actually happens in order to respread out a bit and not be overly extended, and then base lock another team. Collect your tokens. That is the what I have observed to be the winning strategy. Low levels should add in this in battle by making a nuisance of themselves, perhaps even getting people to chase them for the easy kill because once they catch up to you're toast. And if you notice the enemy making a straight line towards your base, start pick off the lands they left behind and leave defending the base to the heavies. You cut off reinforcements and give the strong people in your land a chance to push back the strong people in theirs. Hope that luck is on your side and your guys are strong than theirs because there is a lot of luck involved in NW as well.

@Chanman

The alts thing is a separate issue and indeed incredibly frustrating.

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Stating your opinion is fine but let's try not to be rude about it, kays? I'd rather not have to start burning posts on something that actually has a discussion going.

Honestly Fuzzy is on that cusp too. He is either being a (bleep) or a (bleep), or both. Looking at it objectively as I possibly can - Fuzzy is either trolling or doesn't actually participate in NW and is talking outta his butt.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ok, once again, ITS FREAKING SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT. You should divert players in opossing nations towards fighting each other while you hold your ground. If you block a base you force selection of their best players, as lowbies and undergeared keep getting sent back from those four battles. Eventually the stronger players that do win then move as a block...

You should only block two territories then move towards the center. Seriously people, leaving aside the way you're messing with others, you should at least be smart enough to act out of self interest. And no, I wasn't landlocked tonight, although certainly there were people trying, the other nations overextended enough the problem wasn't finding battles but getting stuck in 20 vs 2 matches... And I'm pretty sure those guys had plenty of people that couldn't get in on their side...

And really, I know its your gimmic, but if you're going to start with the "suck it up" stuff (which is extremely appropiate for a mod to do) drop the talking about yourself in 3rd person act. It isn't cute and makes you sound like a r-t***.

LOL, +1 for manray b:laugh